Taking lesbians and SJW crap aside. What do you think about Gemworld (Steven Universe) as a spacefaring civilization?

Taking lesbians and SJW crap aside. What do you think about Gemworld (Steven Universe) as a spacefaring civilization?

>immortal
>doesn't need to eat, drink, sleep
>can survive in space
>a strong caste system society
>space travel technology
>artificial reproduction (gems are completely mature after "birth")
>technology so advanced that could be mistaken with magic
>ability to fuse between two or more gems to create a more powerful gem
>ability to create hybrids with organic species
>these hybrids have both traits (native specie and gem) and can fuse with both
>every gem regardless of class can defend themselves
>if damaged, they turn into gem state until full recovery (unless gem is shattered or corrupted)
>highly loyal and militaristic society

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fOEScwq3slY
youtu.be/Crjm6PiTNOw
youtu.be/1fJN8bffTW4
gemstonemagnetism.com/overview_p_4-_the_magnetic_metals_that_color_gems.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally Rock Transformers

Seems boring and lazy.

Like your post?

At first I thought they were a bit like the Eldar. If the eldar would have went feral, and devolved completely around their soulstones.

Now they are much closer to failed Nids, as they are making soldiers from material stolen from the victim planet. Each of the members are also born with a single purpose, like nids do.

>ability to create hybrids with organic speciesű
For all we know it could be just an artificial reincarnation, not really a "hybrid creation". One thing is certain; it is clearly an experiment.

Are all gems fully mature after being created? Amethyst is pretty clearly younger looking in the episode where Greg meets the gems.

they are like Orks

>Quartz = Nobs
>Rubies = Boys
>Diamonds = Warbozz
>fully mature after birth
>they have ingrained their specific task to do (war, tech, science, diplomacy, etc)
>they destroy every conquered planet to make more breeding machines and resources for Gemworld

If you can ignore the massive amount of sheer SJW propaganda-pushing, it's actually a decent show (whenever they're not singing or dancing.) The lore/ world-building is quite good, the comedy can be funny, and if you really read into the show, it deals with some pretty interesting topics. I'm especially interested to see how the political developments come along, how the diamonds will show up, etc... it doesn't really make any sense for the diamonds to come to Earth since they're the gems' highest leadership, after all.

Peridot is my favorite because she's a little space Nazi. Post your rare Peridots if you have any.

they change their appearance each century (or maybe millennia), but they are ready to go after birth. You have to remember that "Amy" is actually a defective product (at least for a Quartz)

Right? It doesn't fucking make sense.
Not just Amethyst - I mean she likes to change shapes a lot - but the others too.
And they were supposed to exist since the dinosaurs. Why have they stayed unchanged for thousands of years, then changed in half of a human (Greg's) lifetime?

I still don't understand if Peridot is from the science cast or more a technician/engineer. She can create things though.

If so, then why does he Pearl look he same in Greg's flashbacks, and Garnet's flashbacks?
There is supposed to be more than a couple of centuries between the two

I think it was said that the homeworld is running low on materials, that's why she had mechanical extensions. It is possible that they made her multi-tasked, so they can get away making one unit instead of two.

T B H, it's a kids cartoon (and from CN no less). Don't expect a lot of detail in those parts.

We can said that they change their appearance according to time. We could see that in the episode about the creation of Beach City.

I agree with everything except
>the comedy can be funny
It struggles to incite even a chuckle most of the time

They've been on earth for around 5000 years. They aren't even close to as old as the dinsaurs

Point taken. I should expect less

They pop out of the ground fully grown, Amethyst actually was stuck gestating too long if my memory serves.

Anways, on topic: Basic "Amoral hyper species with severe beehive/ant-hive vibes (minus the part where the workers murder the queen when they stop being useful)"

Granted, I did say "can be," not "is always." I agree that it's not the best, but if a show can actually get me to laugh once in awhile, I'll give it some credit.

i think that if steven ever does "poof", hes gonna turn into rose temporary like a limit breaku or desperation move. that or steven will fuse with everyone, gem or human, at once and cause the third impact.

"Get into the fucking Fusion, Steven!"

yeah, like some user said, they are more like Tyranids than Orkz.

Do you think they have a chance in WH40K?

>Old as dinosaurs

Short hair gives the illusion of younger age. Amethyst is at the same level of physical maturity in all the episodes and flashbacks.

I think we've had this thread at least 3 dozen times by now. We've had this thread more times than the Irkens VS 40k thread.

Neckbeards get angry about the show because it attracts SJWs (unfortunately) and also causes them to feel emotions, when they'd rather the whole show just be talking politics about the Diamond Authority.

The Gem Empire is basically designed to be the perfect vessel for imperialism. They're caste-based, immortal, needless, highly adaptive, and have the technological and magical capabilities to support a supposedly inter-galactic militarized empire.

Hence why the Crystal Gems are so completely anathema to the empire proper. They are just as adaptable, but rather than use their powers entirely for self-serving purposes they choose to eschew castes, embrace positive hedonism, peace, simplicity, and attempt to understand lifeforms that they might otherwise write off as "lesser".

They are a completely separate from warhammer quit trying to staple an example. The show explains what they are perfectly.

youtu.be/fOEScwq3slY

youtu.be/Crjm6PiTNOw

youtu.be/1fJN8bffTW4

I got you covered

cute xenos overlords!

Check this!

>embrace positive hedonism

if it wasn't a kids cartoon, we would see completely hedonistic gems trying to taste every possible pleasure.

But I concur, I liked the show, but I dropped for now. Maybe retake it after a year or more.

Really? Did I miss the thread about Cthulhu and Gravity Falls? (not joking, I wanna know if this happened)

>whenever they're not singing or dancing.

You can't tell me you don't like "Garnet's Song" or "It's over, Isn't it"

They are identical in terms of body shape and size though, despite the difference in age.

So then why isn't the Ruby that makes up Garnet lighter?????

She's a slut that spend so much time fused her form is never exposed to anything

>tfw ballpark figure 99% of the songs people insist everyone likes are ones you dislike
>tfw usually just pretend you like them just so people don't accuse you of only disliking them because they're popular or some equally inane thing

I mean I'll take it even with the lesbians and SJW crap. Aliens are more fun when their culture is completely incompatible with normal humans.

>slut
>been in a monogamous relationship for 5000 years

"if you dont, then CONNIE WILL HAVE TO"
in rolls a damaged connie

but seriously, we already had a "congratulations", a EoE final scene made of pizza, steven dealing with possibly just being a projection of his mom rather than being an individual, and learning his mom has more than a few skeletons in her closet. then might as well go full eva mindfuckery.

Some people have bad taste user, can't be fixed.

My problem is that no one seems to notice anything weird going on around town, or the fact that the FUCKING OCEAN decides to fuck off into space.

They don't grow.

That's what I was implying.

The mayor went catatonic because the entire ocean fucked off into space.

I want to see
>some sort of X-COM cross-over with SU.
> a guest appearance from Neal Degrasse Tyson as fun scientist and a reference to Carl Sagan.
>Imperial City Museum episode
Writefaggotry(?):
Since the beginning of Human societies, we have always lived in their shadow. How we interpreted that shadow differed from culture to culture. Some thought that gems were servants of gods stuck down, others thought they were a lost apex race of humanity. Thanks to the work of diligent Archaeologists, we now know them as the first colonists of our planet: flawed yet powerful, wise but susceptible to hubris. As we enter the newest millennia on record, we look upon their ancient shadow and see the people who cast them.

naw people in Beach City are just chill

I think the writers are trying to make a point that in reality when something huge happens, people can't process the event for what it is and they latch desperately to a point of reference. Like the oceans disappearence's impact on tourism.

This is why neckbeards tend to have trouble with SU outside of civics bull. They want to view it in the context of an RPG setting, with lots of consistency and a higher dose of obvious grimdark, when in reality it's STILL a kids/tweens show that's main focus is espousing love and tolerance.

A scientist/ engineer is extremely plausible, but I think she might be more of a reconnaissance officer-type, which IMO is the only reason why they'd bother outfitting her with limb enhancers at all. Her job is probably to scout for new worlds to colonize, maintain existing colonies, etc... I wouldn't be surprised if she had command over a small contingent of Rubies at some point.

R A R E
A
R
E

Typically, this would bother me as well (I tend to have a very poor suspension of disbelief, even with cartoons,) but everyone in the town either seems used to the phenomena. There are even a few episodes dedicated to explaining that Beach City has been associated with the gems and other weird shit dating all the way back to its founding.

>XCOM cross-over with SU.
THIS WOULD BE THE GREATEST THING.
>Vahlen and Peridot exchanging notes on the Cluster.
>"Get in the robot, Steven."
>Shen: "Astounding. It seems they can generate enough Meld from within their stones that they can temporarily reconstruct their bodies and reformat their minds into those of a single, complete being."

Some of the songs are good, but most of them are absolutely terrible. "It's over, Isn't it?" was one of the bad ones. The whole Greg x Pearl drama was just bad to begin with; we didn't need a filler episode followed by half an episode of singing and crying to resolve it, and nobody wanted it.

The song is certainly not even close to Pearl's best, in any case.
>Do it for Her.

>recon Peridot

it would make sense why they have to pair her with a warrior Jasper to protect her ass.

They're clearly engineered terraformers gone awry.

Nowhere near as strong as the Invaders.

YUGIOH ALREADY DID IT

do you think a Ruby could win against an Ork boy?

Cyclops yes, the others no.

Gems change appearance when they are forced to reform their bodies. Amethyst changes her permanent form twice, both times after having her body destroyed and reformed

Huh

I've always thought the people were so used to it unless it was something like the red eye or the hand ship they didn't really care.

how the fuck would people here know?
I mean, if you actually watch it you should consider killing yourself, so surely most people here haven't

That's just lazy writing.

it's a cartoon for kids, give them a chance.

What is it like to be so completely pathetic that a show for teens/children threatens you so much? Fucking hilarious. It's a good show. Lesbians and social justice are a fucking thing. Get over it and get on with your life.

The staff don't act that way.

they can act however they want, but they and their fanbase can't forget they made/watch a cartoon for kids.

Probably less pathetic than watching it

Actually, nobody here said it threatened them at all. That would be ridiculous. The simple fact is that inserting political propaganda into television makes it worse, and is arguably unethical to do if the show is aimed at children. Obviously, you have to consider whether she show you're about to start watching is actually going to be worth your time before you start watching it, or whether you even want to support the show's creators.

Why are you so threatened by people having differing opinions? Personally, I have barely even said anything negative about the show this entire thread.

>but they (...) can't forget they made/watch a cartoon for kids.
Which is exactly what they've done.

>Being so threatened by something for kids you rant about it online
is less pathetic than
>Liking something for kids

On a tapletop gaming board.

You sir are a funny, funny guy.

The gems have been around longer than human civilization. I think everyone just takes it in stride.

Well, I don't really care about either side of this debate but what the fuck else are you gonna put in childrens cartoons? Moralistic lessons are the building blocks of children's fiction, and have been for centuries. As morals evolve, you teach different moral lessons to children. Morals used to be less divisive, so there was less people complaining.

Anyway, on the actual topic of the thread, I've always thought the idea of an all male race of metals would be interesting. Especially if they were diametrically opposed to the gems, but not necessarily in a negative way. Like, on the metal homeworld they see fusions as something completely normal, and even favorable. After all, alloys are almost always more practical than the raw elemental components.

>having taste is being threatened
nah

>Well, I don't really care about either side of this debate but what the fuck else are you gonna put in childrens cartoons? Moralistic lessons are the building blocks of children's fiction, and have been for centuries. As morals evolve, you teach different moral lessons to children. Morals used to be less divisive, so there was less people complaining.
YOU PUT IT INTO FUCKING WORDS
Thank you forever, user.

You are joking right? How can you be this stupid?

Literally every show has a "political" or "cultural" message, be it Smurfs or GI Joe or He-Man or Ren and Stimpy or what the fuck ever. Just because your small dick is scared of this particular perspective on culture doesn't mean that Stephen Universe is somehow unique or different or heavy-handed. It just is. You just don't like the message and it scares you. It's HILARIOUS to watch people defend their anti-SJW positions.

These people get it. What is with all the /pol/ rejects on Veeky Forums in the past few years?

>Everyone I don't like is /pol/

>Taking lesbians and SJW crap aside.
Who could have a problem with a blank piece of paper?

>Everyone who rants about le SJW boogey(wo)man and the eeEEeevil Gay Agenda is /pol/
I mean, yes.

>calling a show that even the creators admit to be propaganda what it is makes you /pol/
>/pol/ are the only people who take issue with the left
Wew lad

>"propaganda"

Complain more, bitch nigga. Do I like SU? Yeah, it's a pretty neat idea in the sea of kinda shit kid shows that's been coming out the past few years. The fanbase is literally fucking aids, and I think the show's gonna go the way of shit like Adventure Time, MLP, Regular Show and other "flavor-of-the-week" shit where the next newest, hippest thing comes out and hipsters and shit latch on to it like fucking barnacles.

As for the whole SJW "m-muh lesbians" "propaganda", grow the fuck up. It would probably be a little better if they came right out and said "yeah, there's a bunch of lesbians here", but the fact that people still think that women not craving dick 24/7 is blasphemy on par with murder, I'm OK with the workaround that's in place.

Is there a "gay agenda" involved? If by "gay agenda" you mean "get tolerance to the point where gays are looked on as actual people instead of subhuman -things-", then yeah, I think there's an agenda. Something that won't lead to the next generation of kids being the sexist, racist piles of shit we are now is a pretty good thing, imo. Not only that, the show takes time to explain relationships to kids in ways they'll understand, without treating them like idiots. The last cartoon I remember giving their audience the benefit of a doubt was the old Batman animated series, back in the early 90s, and I honestly believe it was a good thing, and that more shows should follow that example instead of being ADD-fueled nightmares of flashy shit and loud noises.

In any case, is that way.

I'd imagine that, should they have had a more or less stagnant civilization, the implementation of a largely chaotic and nearly completely chaotic species like humanity and chaotic setting like earth would serve to drastically alter those who interact with it. It's like a function, where you start out with a simple one, like x^2+4, with standard numbers, you end up with a simple parabola.

Then humanity goes in and is all like "YO X^4+COS(LOGX))^(2/3)-LIM X=>3 H+X-X" directly into gem culture via another gem and the interperters look at this new math and go "What the fuck." as a variable that nobody had any idea what the hell it was enters into play.

The left as in economic policy, foreign policy, the arrangement of the beuracracy , etc. There are lots of non-pol people who disagree there.

Freeking out over "the gay agenda" etc, that being /pol/

>>In any case, is that way.
The way you post, I thought I was already there.

>49556408
such biting wit, whatever shall I do

Is it? Or is he just a dumbass?

I would really like both the tumblrinas and the /pol/acks to leave. Though I know how politically charged this show is as a topic.

So did Houseki no Kuni

This, Steven Universe is Transformers but for 12 year old girls and adult womanchildren instead of 12 year old boys and adult manchildren. Same plot and everything

>this autism

please kill yourselves as you are exactly the fans mentioned in the OP

Are we actually being raided by Tumblr, or are these just CTR shills from /pol/ trying to kick up a shitstorm in their free time?

Honestly, you faggots are so insufferable. Nobody is threatened by lesbians, and especially not by a bunch of cunts shitposting anonymously on Veeky Forums. You are not going to change anybody's opinion by bitching and whining into the aether, and acting like the tolerance police. Stop trying to mother a bunch of people on an anonymous Home and Gardening board and turn everything into a defense of homosexuality. And just to Correct the Record™ here, SU is one of the most heavily and controversially propagandized children's cartoons ever made. Teaching a moral lesson to children is one thing, making frequent references to rape and promoting gay sex is another. Heck, the amount of times they repeat "Reason to fuse" alone is just creepy. It doesn't bother me at all, but it's perfectly understandable to be turned off to a show because of this shit, and especially if you've got PC Nazis like yourselves storming around insulting people online.

I've enjoyed SU from the beginning and I still think the show is great. I like how the whole premise is also an allegory of an immigrant family adapting to life in a new country through a number of generations.
Gems would not need a war caste if their wasn't constant warfare. I bet the Gem Homeworld has to contest with many of the problems present in Isaac Asimov's Foundation Series, where a powerful Empire arises, overextends and falls.
They probably have to deal with many colonies attempting to become independent from Homeworld, but in the case of Earth a Diamond was shattered.
Flashbacks are usually all Steven's POV so he pictured the Crystal Gems as younger since he anthropomorphizes them. The only thing that caused the Gems to mature were the traumatic experiences they've endured (The War for Earth, Roses death.)
Greens are the technology caste. In the Bismuth episode she brings up a memory of Pearl pulling a Nephrite out of a cockpit.
There is a library full of Gem lore from the POV of a explorer and Gem influence is evident from a totem pole and the gems that appear on dollar bills.

gems can shapeshift and their shapeshifting is largely tied to their emotional state at the moment

So the looming question for me, and I feel like a lot of other people, where the metals at? It just seems so straightforward. Female gems, male metals.

But what are they like?

Metals are what make gems the colors that they are. Specifically there is iron in Peridots, which might explain part of her technological prowness.
I do not think there will ever be a race based on pure metals.
gemstonemagnetism.com/overview_p_4-_the_magnetic_metals_that_color_gems.html

Well obviously. And Sapphires are aluminum, Garnets are also iron, Rose Quartz is iron and titanium.

Idk man. Just doesn't make sense that the Gems have been at war for so long and it's never been clear against who.

They'd be fun to war against.

Only the wars for Earth have been discussed in any detail.
A galactic empire requires a lot of bureaucracy to maintain itself. Check out the Foundation series Hyperion Cantos or other sci-fi about the problems of maintaining such a huge government.
I do not think that Rose's rebellion was the first or last to oppose Homeworld, but she crossed a line that hadn't been crossed before when she shattered Pink Diamond.
The Blue Diamonds side of civilization is that of scholars/philosophers/diplomats whose job is to prevent Gem civilization from devolving into anarchy and rebellion and have a system for negotiating between Rebel Leaders and Homeworld using precogs, but Rose didn't play by the rules.

GENTLEMEN BEHOLD!

Gems normally have extremely rigid castes they're locked into, and they're surrounded by gems in the same situation. There's not a lot of unique situations or stimuli that demand anything of them outside of that pocket.
Humans are dynamic and mutable and do their own thing, or at least do most things in life for their own reasons (even if they're not satisfied with them). Humans are rubbing off on the gems, who are now changing over time more than they would normally.
And the ability to do that is part of what the whole rebellion was over--to be self-deterministic, to live and change in ways that satisfy themselves evil empire be damned.

Yeah, isn't it mentioned that Amethyst gets disembodied a lot more often than the others? It makes sense she'd change more.

It's probably because the OP provoked it by giving lip service to the
>I'm not threatened by them because they're so pathetic and subhuman and wrong in every way that they couldn't possibly ever do anything, I just think they're the most evil and destructive people in the universe because they're so monstrous and inhuman and wrong in every way that the only moral thing to do is hate them all the time and hate anyone who hates them less than we do
faction.

It's better to just not acknowledge them at all, rather than treating them as something that must be appeased. They certainly don't have any credibility worth mentioning.