>>Jumpchain IRC Chat
>client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
>kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>>Rules
>pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>>How to Jumpchain
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>>Last Thread

Why is every strength perk so pathetically weak?

In comparison to what exactly? Context is key here.

Because Veeky Forums is full of weak nerds that got beat up by beefy jocks in High School.

Figure I should repost this, since the last thread ended pretty soon after I did. Updated Anima jump, leaving for review to see if I need to fix anything, changelog includes adding scenarios and a few general perks.

In comparison to most strongmen in fiction, but especially those from anime, comics, and novels. Even MCU characters are OoMs above 25-tons, the "average" strength perk. I mean, people like Alex Mercer casually toss tanks. That's more on the order of 120-300 tons than anything we have already.

The best are those from City of Heroes, PacRim, and Incredibles (this one in particular lists examples far above its listed capacity).

Covered in the normal package if you read the text. It does look like the Carnage bomb can do it better than normal, but for purposes of the Jump we will assume that comes standard.

>watches discussion with interest since I don't want to step on toes with stronger strength perks but it makes sense for a marvel jump with the Rhino in it.

0.2: Added age and gender specifics, added 3 Scenarios. Fourth Scenario is forthcoming.

The jump is basically done now. Have at it, folks.

Most frames of references aren't freaking Superman, Comic Thor, or Hulk. They're Captain America, Spider-Man, Batman. Bats can be considered "peak" human. Capt is "low super" and Spidey is "mid super". Spidey is a beast, he can lift over 30 tons and smash through concrete as well as steel walls with ease.

If I take MC-kun and fuse with Sasu/Naruto with recolada, does that count as a fail condition?

Rhino is about as strong as some existing strength perks.

Scenarios!

Well mostly it's likely because the listed tonnage is just what you start with and you can train it up, I'd assume.
Like with the Termerian starting at Starfire levels and going up to her dads, cause that's just understandable.
As to the Incredibles I think it's the same premise, you can train it up

There might a Rhino option? Cool. He's pretty hulky in some incarnations, about how good is he in Ultimate?

>recolada
Do you want pic related? Cause that's how you get pic related.

>Superman, Comic Thor, or Hulk.
Well, of course not. Those are the people who make tossing skyscrapers look weak.

>30 tons and smash through concrete as well as steel walls with ease.
30 tons on a bad day. Also, you don't need anywhere near that level of strength to punch through concrete and steel. 1 or 2 tons applied on as small an area of your hand should be sufficient, even though lifting capacity does not necessarily translate wholly to striking force.

DC is stronger than people make it out to be. I think people just see 25 tonnes without realising that it's the ability to toss a 25 tonne tank breaking a sweat. Actual lifting weight would be way higher.

Rhino spends his episode going toe to toe with the hulk with neither wining.

Webhead's king of street tier, but when the dick size chart goes up to planetary, that's nothing.

I'm okay with Marvel keeping power levels low instead of going for max wank, but DC's clause with the world-shaking event and the Mortal tree just make me want to choke someone.

(Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) #8
-Race: Hume (Rolled) -As tempting as it is to go dragongirl, probably not a good call.
-Background: Merchant (950CP) -Welcome to my humble shop! The experience will help.
-MP Shield (Free) -Huh, this could be interesting.
-Replenish MP (Free) -Oh. My. Gods. This is amazing.
-Protection (650CP) (Discount) -High resistance to physical and magical damage? Worth its weight in gold.
-Unlootable (600CP) -Never have to worry about my special gear being stolen. Never. Mandatory.
-Ribbon Bearer (500CP) -Immunities and resistances to debilitating effects is GODLY.
-120,000 gil (Free) -LOADS OF MONEY.
-Faerie Shoes (400CP) -Combining this with Blink, I'm gonna be hopping around the battlefield like crazy.
-Seventh Heaven (0CP) -Fancy Greatbow? Funny that I know Archery.
Dice Rolls: Hume, 20 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

Another change this time around... I didn't get Gria. I ended up rolling human this time around, so a bit of my strategy had to change as a result. Probably went Black Mage while dabbling a bit into Ranger, while collecting some MP stuff and the Faerie Shoes to stack it with Blink from Dishonored. So now I'm likely telespamming the area and laughing because I've got some extra defenses on me. Ribbon's definitely a mandatory purchase because some FF statuses are DISGUSTING while Anti-theft... yeah. I want to keep my stuff.

Other than that I'm just running around and exploring things! Yaaaaaay!

>pic related

>just what you start with and you can train it up, I'd assume.
There are maybe five strength perks that say or even imply you can train them up. Unless a perk says otherwise, you're stuck at what you bought, at least for what that perk can provide you.

>
>There might a Rhino option? Cool. He's pretty hulky in some incarnations, about how good is he in Ultimate?

Well there will be a animal powers option to cover all of the animal formula powers in the tv series. I plan on it being nearly as modular as the symbiote builder if somewhat different. As such big strong Rhino like guy is buildable although I wasn't going to make him as strong as canon, since in the series the Rhino spends an entire episode slugging it out with the hulk and tears up the Iron Spider Hulk Buster tony gave SHIELD.

Hulk strength varies ridiculously.

Generally you don't see Rhino lifting buildings.

Does taking Eternal Blood essentially make you immune to groinshots?

More seriously, I like this and am going to need a bit to decide what I want, but I'm leaning towards Warrior with an emphasis on the more expensive perks.

DC has lots of street level vigilantes, I think that's the level the creator wanted it. With exception of the GL ring, the creator wanted DC jump to be focused more around the street level.

World Shattering events happen, but the big 7 usually handle things well enough. After all you have Green Arrow & Black Canary kicking around.

Rhino smashes a hulk-buster suit in the same episode. He is as strong as the Hulk in that version. Keep in mind I am not going to make the strenght option as strong, but yeah Rhino is pretty much Hulk in strenght here.

>punch through concrete and STEEL
No user, fist fuel can't melt steel beams.

Yes, and huh, I think you're the first one whose build I've seen went warrior. Everyone else seems to be going mage.

Yeah and 'Hulk level' is a retarded thing to describe someone as as they're all over the place in terms of strength.

Well that's true.

Damn!

The other strength perks just provide you ability to do something at a flat rate, unless they halt your growth you could likely train it up.

This is true. However the Hulk is almost never a push over in any fight. Not saying they were tanking building level blows here but busting multiple walls of concert seems about Hulks minimum.

Also true. We could have the World Shattering events kinda thing if we ever go into DC Animated.

Sorry Heart but I like the magic a bit more, though I still nabbed Ki because dear fuck that shit is versatile.

I wasn't even going to consider the sword but this right there, cant be that bad with what I go-
>Abyssal God
>Elder Dragons
>The Fangire King
>The Immortals (Not the Mortal Kombat band)
>Lets not even think about what could come out of Nanoha for the moment
>Persona Nyarly
>Lets also not talk about Cyber Knight
>BALDREN NOT AGAIN

Really? It seems like a pretty awesome punch-stuff class. My main issue is trying to decide whether I want to get the Nemesis capstone, or use those points to get some smaller stuff.

I just don't understand why it's okay to lift and toss buildings and battleships with your mind, but rarely even tanks with actual physical strength.

To be fair, I go mage in every jump I can.

Usually it's Square Cube Law that gets in the way of doing awesome shit like that. Granted once you've been to Ed, Edd, and Eddy Jump you can get the toon force of that place and add it to your ridiculous strength levels to do some odd shit. Most physical strength feats are Street Level or Planetary with little to no middle ground.

Because physical strength usually comes with durability, and that is the most direct way of lowering your chances of failing the chain. This means people give it undue value.

Opposite case of tech, where people forget the fact that having to build armor to encase yourself with instead of having such an ability innately is only a short-term problem.

Isn't that true of any comic book hero? It's not like Superman doesn't have trouble with stupid shit when the plot demands it and then works out with five earths worth of tons and only has a bead of sweat for his troubles.

Hey for those jumping Dragon Ball, since SSJRosé and Blue exist, what's your super special SSJ form? I personally will go for SSJ Blurple or Infrared

I mean, I totally go mage as well, but that's just because I /really/ like mages. Considering the system, I totally expected more of, well, everything else.

Yeah. No clue why, it's not like this is D&D where mages are objectively superior to non-mages, Ki users actively wreck face here.

Me too! High five!

>Because physical strength usually comes with durability
Maybe it should logically, but in /jc/ terms it's often either a separate purchase entirely or only allows you to use your strength uninjured, not affecting enemy attacks or environmental hazards.

When's Bible jump?

I want to do a test of strength, in the middle of parted seas, against Moses, as he goes "LET MY PEOPLE GO!" And I go "WOO!"

City of Heroes doesn't have a straight number tho, it just says Kaiju stopping power. I imagine Godzilla would atleast notice if he was suddenly slapped with a tank.

Also inorganic Omega from X-Men puts you at 200 tons I believe.

I plan to go whatever race Frieza is and then get the DNA of a bunch of characters a la Cell, so I'll go with Legendary SSJ, God Form.

Yes it is. Hulk slightly more than normal though as he often gets stronger mid-fight. Point is that saying X is as strong as Y as a way of figuring out how strong X is doesn't really work when talking about comic book characters as Y is frequently all over the place.

You're better off looking at feats which for Rhino tends to be throwing around trucks without breaking a sweat and busting through walls.

Hell, now that you can get Megas Therion it might be better to go Ki. Becoming the Meister of Megas Therion automatically makes you an incredibly powerful mage. Sure, becoming the Meister would be tough and require you to defeat some incredibly powerful foes, but a strong Ki user might be able to pull it off together with out of context Jumpchain abilities.

Incidentally, what the hell is with that name? I know Anima does the standard JRPG thing where it takes random names from Judeo-Christian mythology to use for ancient magitech, but "Megas Therion" means "the Great Beast". Who names a city that? Like, if it was the magical super-engine at the heart of the city that was named that, I could buy it. But no, it's the whole city that's being called the Great Beast. It's weird.

Anima: Beyond Fantasy
> Age: 16 [Rolled1]
> Location: Graven [Rolled7]
> Origin: Warrior
> Ki User [Get a Freebie!]
> Nemesis User [Get a Freebie!]
> Martial Talent [-100CP]
> Legacy of Blood: Eternal Blood [-100CP]
> Ki Recovery [-200CP]
> Perfect Accumulation [-200CP]
> Powerful Soul [-300CP]
> Nemesis of Others [-300CP]
> Arms & Armour [Get a Freebie!]
> Ryushushoku [Get a Freebie!]
> Caliburn, the Sword of Kings [-600CP]
> Immortal Soul [+200CP]
> Imperium Attention [+600CP] MIGHT AS WELL
> Scenario: Scattered Shadows

B̡e͟ca̵u͞se͞ ̡I͜ ̨̛͏j͠u̷̕s͘t̨͞ ̶̛w̷̛͞à̧ǹ̴t̵͡ ̢͡t̛̀o̡͘ ̷̷͕̗̹̜k̶̸҉̶̡̲̞̫̩n͟͏̡͖̹̤̲͍͢ͅơ̦̪͇͚͎̳͍͈̱͚͟͢͝͡w̴͕͕̹̗͝.̶͉̮̜̞̳̬͉̘̪̖̕ͅ

So, destroy the invincible magitech empire full of DBZ wizards. I can do that.
My opening gambit will consist of retreating to the stars (satellites, huh?), utilizing enhanced Vasari nanotech to reform terrain into thrusters, and hucking planets at their planet. Loss of material to heat energy isn't really a concern, it's more about speed now.
Of course, being able to retreat into concurrent dimensions is a must. Luckily I have portals for that. Maybe destabilize the dimensional structure while I'm at it?
Energy conversion to mass produce noxious spiritual energies might help. Or firing a couple thousand cannonballs of gray goo at the planet. Though that probably won't be much more than a distraction.
I guess we'll escalate from there.

Geez, I always get nervous at times like this.
What if they don't think I'm scary?

Honestly? A bible jump sounds genuinely interesting if it kept to the literal interpretations. Inb4 YHWH perk.

(Final Fantasy VII) #9
-Background: Cetra (800CP) -BULLSHIT MARY SUE STUFF AHOOOOOOY. Alas, time to collect Materia.
-Add Slots (500CP) -Modifying equipment with Materia Slots? Oh my gods yes.
-SOLDIER First Class (-100CP) -Fuck it. I'm screwing up the plot anyway, We may as well make this go full tilt.
-Mage (Free) -Huge MP pool and magic potential? Combined with SOLDIER's boosts I'm gonna be awesome.
-Voice of the Planet (Free) -Oh this is probably going to hurt a few times, but it will help guide me.
-True Magic (-400CP) (Discount) -Time to collect Materia and increase my repertoire!
-Loot (-600CP) -Increased drop rates from monsters will be useful.
-Weapon/Armor (Free) -A little something to start me off? Don't mind if I do.
-Packet of Phoenix Down (Free) -Something to help out any friends I make along the way.
-Basic Spell Materia (Free) -Some nice powers to get me started. Hopefully they will grow.
-Basic Summoning Materia (Free) -I am a summoner now? Oh, this will be FUN.
-RUINED FOREVER (-600CP) (EVERYTHING IS CANON)
-Hunted (-600CP) (Cetra Drawback)
-Bonus Bosses (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Golden Saucer, 21 years old

This is where things have suddenly taken a horrible, horrible turn and the idea of going on an adventure has begun to prove itself... scary.

No Mysterious Cells for me, but being SOLDIER First Class AND a Cetra has proven very concerning, yet very beneficial. Plenty of magical reserves/oomph, along with those cells injected as a result of being SOLDIER... well no fucking idea how THAT's gonna run later on. Then we have the issue of materia and loot. I loved FF7 as a kid, so naturally the ability to add materia slots to things is a great boon to me. True Magic is also awesome as EEEEEEEEEE MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC. Hi hooo for the magical abilities one can do! Though chances are I'm gonna be a Materia Hunter just so I can get a good supply on me later.

...only I need to defeat certain bosses.

>pic related

Hulk doesn't get weaker thought, he gets stronger than his baseline except for certain versions of him that don't have anything to do with this version. His baseline can just as easy looking at feats for him as it does the Rhino.

I like how reverse Goku is a genocidal murderer AND a faggot. Classy stuff Toriyama.

Not exactly,but close enough right?

Megas Therion is great, yeah. And my personal assumption is that if there's an unusual name, it's because the Imperium is being juvenile and giggling while naming it because they like doing shoutouts.

I'd like it.

>Everyone tries to pod Jesus

I dont know if i should be more concerned about having to fight bosses or the fact that you made the existence of GACKT realer than before

Also I guess, Dirge of Cerberus as well

But he does because of inconsistency.

...Forgot that was the semi- WIP imaged version Top Hat was working on with me..

Er.
Enjoy?

Are you still trying to solo everything at this point, Red?

But you could already do that

>And my personal assumption is that if there's an unusual name, it's because the Imperium is being juvenile and giggling while naming it because they like doing shoutouts.
...that actually would explain a lot about the setting. Okay, yeah, I like that idea.

That looks good Digger, easy on the eyes.

I can totally appreciate it, but when I made the build I'd wanted to streamline it for fusing with Conjoined Conjures later, with a touch of Ki because Sleeping Power Slumbering (Mortal Hero) will help that out.

Wow that was actually less terrible than I thought it was going to be.

Nice Image work so far!

You mean Yeshua? He cool. Nigga knows how to get unlimited Olive Garden breadsticks at a Denny's

He's dead by the start of Steel Ball Run, you're just finding his corpse.

Le time travel, nigga.

>Gackt
>pic related

>Are you still afraid to take anyone with you for fear of ruining their lives at this point, Red?
FTFY, and yes. So this is something of a problem. Like, a big big problem.

SSJDicks. My aura will be made up of many translucent, flickering, floating cocks. Nothing else changes in terms of power.

>as if the dead can't rise

Hell, he did it once, didn't he? Motherfucker should be easier

No more inconsistency than any other superhero. You are trying to use the fact that he grows stronger to claim that his strength is more inconsistent than other superheroes. But really that only works if somehow his weaker feats were supposed to be caused by his strength fluctuating, and its not. It's quite easy to see his baseline and know when shit is bullshit.

>It's quite easy to see his baseline
Well all right Sir Autist, what is the Hulk's baseline?

So now you agree we can probably find a suitable baseline based for the Hulk of Earth-1204?

I'm a different user. Now put up or shut up.

He's asking you since you keep claiming you can find it. Obviously you should be able to prove it if you're claiming it exists? Bit suspicious that you don't actually respond with an answer.

>Bible jump
What would the backgrounds be? Drop-In/Gentile, Hebrew, Angel, Demon? Or would it be something like Drop-in/Shepherd, Prophet, Warrior, King?

No he did not ask me to prove the hulk's strength, he argued that the Hulk's strength was too inconsistent to provide a reasonable comparison I disagreed. Now if you agree that it is I can take the time to review his feats and therefore gauge the Rhino's strength. But honestly unless you are telling me to make a strength perk in Rhino's range whats the point?

I don't know what all this means in Marvel but the weakest, as of right now proclaimed by Marvel, Hulk is Grey Hulk, 70 tons whilst in a 'functional calm' whatever that means. It's all I could find.
Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition Vol 3 #8 is the sources... look a bit dated to me.

Well, I would personally like such a perk.

(Final Fantasy Type-0) #10
-Background: Drop-In (Free) -I want to do what I can to EXPLORE this place.
-Kingdom: The Flow Of Magic (900CP) -A magical boost is good! I like this.
-Kingdom: Crystal Mechanics (800CP) -Understanding tech more and magical replication over time? Yessss.
-Kingdom: Blessing of Growth (Free) -Oh jeez, what? Whaaaaat. I'm 8'11" now, what even.
-Kingdom: Blessing of Iron (600CP) -Extra defense is always good.
-Phantoma Absorption (Free) -This... is weird. I'm unsure how to feel about this.
-Sight (Free) -Knowledge is power!
-Altocrystarium (400CP) (Discount) -AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Being able to modify my spells is gonna be amazing!
-Practice Makes Perfect (200CP) -Another means to improve myself? I am all for it.
-Logistics Control (0CP) -And nothing wrong with increasing on this.
-Spell Shard (Free) -Sweeeeet. This could be beneficial, we'll make it a rifle.
-Bland Insignia (Free) -Oh hey, more spell captures. I could use this.
Dice Rolls: Lorcian Alliance, 13 years old, Genbu

This one was both much more relaxing, and... kind of concerning as well. To the point where it's gonna make me more uneasy than before about killing anything. Phantoma Absorption reminds me way too much on the Dark Souls mechanics of absorbing the enemy's souls upon death, and it kind of hits a bit close to home. I mean... it just seems kind of really messed up? If I have to, then I have to... but going out of my way to kill anything just seems REALLY wrong now.

Altocrystarium for altering my magics is pretty nice though, as the majority of my spells are FF-based anyhow. So it's already an auto-purchase while Crystal Mechanics is a double winner for turning technology I understand into potential spells for later. It's always a good purchase.

...though this begins the point where I become a true amazon. Towering along with being gorgeous. Along with extra defense?

IT BEGINS.

>whats the point?
To prove that you are not a complete faggot, It's not looking good so far.

A challenge to find something doesn't generally imply a belief that something can probably be found.

As opposed to if I could off handily bring out several feats from either AA or Agent's of S.M.A.S.H. and run how much that heavy shit weighted and run the math? That is supposed to prove I am NOT an autistic faggot?

Except he did not challenge the belief based on that it couldn't be found, but on the idea that it is too inconsistent to matter. You're changing the argument.

It's the "quite easy to see" part I take umbrage at.

No actually they're not.

Whether a consistent baseline can be found is dependent on how consistent that baseline is.

But to be fair they themselves made an argument they did not provide evidence for. "The Hulk's baseline is too inconsistent to matter" IS a claim needing evidence, especially sine the other guy never made a claim how strong the Hulk actually was, just that the Rhino was as strong as the Hulk.

He never claimed to know how strong the Hulk was, just that the Rhino was as strong as the Hulk. You're trying to get him to prove a negative when its the other user that needs to provide evidence that the Hulk's strength is too inconsistent.

There also seems to be the basic problem that nobody can say how strong baseline Hulk is supposed to be. Doesn't really give us anything as a point of comparison unless someone can give some basic feats and if we're describing it with feats we might as well go with stuff we see Rhino doing if we're going for Rhino level.

but isn't the Hulk's power that his baseline is inconsistent? Going up and down depending on how angry or Not he is..

See my first post on this matter was the guy before was someone else, but now I am firmly convinced that you are talking out your ass and can't prove anything, so I'm done with this conversation. Good day to you Sir Autist.

See >t's quite easy to see his baseline

In Darkstalkers, does the Echidna perk mean that I choose a single jump I've done when I purchase the option, then just always bestow that to people, or can I pick and choose a different one for everyone, but only one per person? Or can I just keep making different transmissable version of the profiles and give them to people willy nilly?

And also, what do you think is the best single jump to bestow to people, if I do need to choose only one?

Here's the text from Echidna.

>The true terror of monsters is that we might become them. As a Monster you might not understand this trepidation, but you know how to take advantage of it and make it true in the most literal way possible.
>They will be a pale, poor reflection of your glory as the archetype of the new breed of Monster. You may select one of your Jump profiles including any Drawbacks which become Monster weaknesses and create a transmissible version of it at 1% strength with a mortal life time dedicated to constant training and practice they might reach the cap 10% strength of the original.
>Tech Jumps become communicable Mad Science, Fighty Jumps into Martial Arts schools with suspiciously capable recruitment, and so on. All breeds of monsters have minor tribal tendencies when faced with other breeds of Monsters.
>Monsters may Convert mortals defined as Not A Monster into their breed. Conversion to a Monster is obvious, lengthy, tiring, and somewhat exposing unless the target is restrained, they will likely be able to stun the Monster long enough to attempt escape. Conversely, the process is much easier on the Monster if the target is willing. Conversion need not be aggressive; it might be a Martial Artist meditating with a new student to spark their Ki.

Sorry if the answer seems obvious, my English reading comprehension isn't the best.

Sure is SB up in here tonight....

I'm with you on that one.

Something something no limits fallacy.

>Gets bent out of shape at the phrase "easy to see" and demands instance proof.
>Not autistic.

You pick one jump. That jump is your Monster profile. No other jumps. No creating multiple Monster profiles.

Hmm, alright. Thanks for the help.

Ok I mispoke, it was a phrase I shouldn't of used and I don't know off hand outside of the wikis. However would you like me to get some evidence and return with it? is there any point to doing so?

Would it be possible to give the sword to someone else? If not, what would happen if you were to alchemize it with a sword that belonged to one of your companions? Would the resulting sword be responsive to them?

X-men would be a good jump for that if you combine Omega speed and Inorganic, then gift the force on a bunch of minions. Boom, instant mid-super strike team. Any other "gifting" perks like Echidna out there?

Is it possible to upgrade from a T-800 to T-1000 in Terminator?

Eh, looking back I was probably being too harsh, I just get annoyed when someone makes a claim and doesn't back it up. So for what it's worth, I apologize.

As to if there is any point in doing so, it might be helpful to Spideranon?

So I had a thought about Animorphs.

Can I choose a hybrid form I made with Chimera perk and sacrifice it to combine it with something else?

Go theif. Ffta theif is the best. Steal techniques from your enemies in their sleep!