Hey Veeky Forums I made a squid person (not an illithid). What are good squid names?

Hey Veeky Forums I made a squid person (not an illithid). What are good squid names?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/26565579/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jerkins

Squibble
Squirtling
Ink Elf

Sku'iḍa

Squlliam.

Splynncryth

Calvin Amari. (Friends call me Cal.)

Describe who he is and what he does and I will provide you with a name.

Not'illithid

Squiddie McSquidward the Third

Akbar.

Squibblefloob

Squid person, you say?

Zoidberg

The characters from the loli mindflayer story I never wrote were called Cephina and Nautilia(goes by Nauti).

Dave.

Blrrrblb.

Basically, the sound you make when you blow a raspberry.

He's a mute repo man for the nation's banking guild.

Tent. Sounds cool but also a pun, the best of both worlds.

Wagner
Speak in an exaggerated German accent

Intelligent squid people would not communicate from their beak, which is only used for feeding and not respiration.
I could see their siphons developing enough control to become lip-like enough to create speech, but since they have two siphons they produce would be stereophonic. They might be able to speak by making different sounds with both mouths.
I would say verbal communication would be secondary to visual because many squids can change color and do communicate with each other through displays of their chameleon skin.
In their language squid people's names would be unpronounceable and would likely accept crude translations of their name as a stand in for their musical-sounding "True Names"

Thule race/Thulian.

Clyde

Rollin for this

The Viscount Sir Saint Saunterblugget Hampterfruppenshire

That Guy Called Squid

Squidberg McTentacleface

Blk-Yk-Nk

Squib.

seconding this

A Guy Called Squid

Cammy von Kraken.

Ika Musume.

Quidly

kek

Ok. So how about a squid race where their true name is a unique color they create, and so their translated name is the name of that color, or its closest approximation.

Following the precedent of the only known society where the species to have names (our own), names are given by the parent, so the logic you gave doesn't really work. Unless the squid people only adopt names after x time because of infant/child death or some shit

Squidward Tentacles.

If he's Greek, pronounce Tentacles:

TENT-uh-klees

Squiddly McDiddly

Yeeblesquatch Blooperplot

Frederick 'Squiet' Troutfarmer.

Thulu

This is interesting.

Tehn Tiggleman

Well as it stands now, squid have massive death rates before reaching maturity. Maybe an intelligent race can offset that a bit, or maybe they view the competition as strengthening the race.

Perhaps the squidlikes leave their children in creches which are giant fitness tests filled with hazards and carnivorous predators. If you get out, your current color patterning becomes the basis of your name.

As squidlikes age, their names become more intricate as they develop their skills in manipulating their skin.

Several species of squids also die after mating. An intelligent squid community would have a reduced birth rate due to valuing their own lives, and would also highly value the resulting offspring, reducing the child mortality rate to match.

This would also create interesting selection pressures, as squids who choose to mate are those willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of the community and trust them with their offspring. Squids would likely form into a series of small, tightly-knit villages as the genes for emotional connection and group loyalty become commonplace.

A guy named squid

They have to say the whole thing

Orodojullp

Man, I wanna live in a squid village

Howard

A guy called Squid.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/26565579/

I see what you did there.
Does howard have mind powers and carry a knife?

Woomy.

Eric