Do you think the chaos gods are meant to be reminiscent of the horsemen of the Apoclypse...

Do you think the chaos gods are meant to be reminiscent of the horsemen of the Apoclypse? War is clearly analogous to Khorne, Pestilence is clearly analogous to Nurgle, and Tzeentch could possibly be analogous to Death? That would leave Slaanesh for Famine, and Slaanesh pretty much represents the opposite of famine.

It's not a one-to-one correlation, but the resemblance is so great for two of them that I'm inclined to think that there's at least some kind of connection going on. The fact that they squatted perfectly serviceable fifth member Malal implies that maybe they wanted exactly four.

They wanted that exact-four symbolism and for the lot of them to be reminiscent of the Four Horsemen, but didn't care enough to match it up closer than that. That's my wager leastways.

Excess leads to famine. Famine could be that guy who it's your sandwich before you.

>I'm inclined to think that there's at least some kind of connection going on

There is no correlation.

The 4 gods were made as a different incarnation of the 80s stereotype of the Devil.

Devil as an angry homicidal warrior - Khorne
Devil as the rock&roll version - Slaanesh
Devil as the trickster - Tzeentch
Devil as the bringer of plague and famine - Nurgle

(cont.)

If you look at the 80s movies, books and music, you will find these 4 version.

Khorne is the fantasy stereotype. Big, red, angry.
Slaanesh is what people believed rock star worship (the rock is diabolical was a serious thing back there). Sex, drug, flashy colours and stuff.
Tzeentch is the devil you can see in some movies where it tricks you to sell your soul only for things to go badly.
Nurgle is the witch in a hut thingy, where the old ugly hag worship the devil for curses and stuff.

Hopes this make sense for the younger of you anons.

Pestilence isn't even one of the 4 horsemen, that's a pop culture thing. The horsemen are conquest, war, famine, and death, left to right in your picture.

Yeah but nobody gives a shit about Conquest. Hell, sometimes Conquest was just Jesus in a crown with a bow. That's not metal! Pestilence is fucking metal!

Also, yes, I would agree that Slaanesh is likely famine, as Slaanesh is also defined by her endless hunger for pleasures and Eldar souls.

CONQUEST

WAR

FAMINE

DEATH

YOU STUPID

STUPID

STUPOD MOTHER FUCKER

With that out of my system

Conquest/Slannesh

War/Khorne

Famine/Tzeentch

Death/Nurgle

Okay, but who was the 4th horseman in Fury Road?

I see it this way

Death - Khorne, for Khorne doesn't care how the blood spills, just that it spills

Plague - Nurgle, couldn't be any more obvious, look at that shit

War - Tzeentch, planning, strategy, betrayal, intrigue, all major parts of wars

Famine - Slaanesh, excess leading to a lack of resources

Alternatively, Conquest is still Nurgle, because all Nurgle and his children want to do, is spread their gifts.

>nurgle
>death

Conquest=Pestilence.

It's just a different interpretation. It is written in a different verse that the riders were given the power to kill by "sword, famine, and plague". The sword goes to the red rider, called War. Famine goes to the black rider, called... well, Famine. Plague goes to the white rider called Conquest, or if you put emphasis on the power this interpretation ascribes to it, Pestilence. The green/pale rider (the Greek word for the color can be translated as either, and is used for the pallor of a corpse), called Death, obviously has dominion over death itself and doesn't need a weapon to kill.

>"I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer."
>"And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him."
>"I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, 'A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine.'"
>"I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth."

>Plague goes to the white rider called Conquest, or if you put emphasis on the power this interpretation ascribes to it, Pestilence.

He's given a crown and he has a bow. How do these things mean "pestilence"?

max

It's shoehorned, I know, but that's what pop culture decided to run with.

Sometimes the bow is laced with plagues. Again, it's nothing to do with common sense and everything to do with Pestilence been a far cooler and more distinct member of the quartet than Conquest.

>Jesus riding around in royal apparel shooting sinners with a fucking bow
>Not metal as fuck

Shit tastes dude.

Is it? Or is it Furiosa, who kills his enemy from the inside like a disease, whose lands had been destroyed by pollution? Who literally conquers Death's domain?

nah.

joe = conquest
bullet farmer = war
the gross gastown dude = famine
max = death (he kills em all, except joe)

>immortal Joe
>conquest
>skull motifs everywhere
>pale, white hair
>literally came back from the death, leads a death cult
>can't create life, all life he creates is twisted
>not death