Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Strange Love Edition
New general image Sub-Edition
I love you Banner-user.
> R E A D . T H I S . B E F O R E . P O S T I N G

HHG FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

30k TACTICA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Horus_Heresy

Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List:
mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List:
mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents):
mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub

Strawpoll links:
strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/medieval-macros-bayeux-tapestry-parodies
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IRON HANDS ATTACK MOOOON!

IX LEGION REPRESENT!
ANGEL FOR LIFE IRON FUCKERS!

Threadly reminder that one of the lost unkown legions were originally the Valedictors

>Autek's face when he encounters a planet with 10 moons

he gotta mush them all together into one giant attack moon and ride it down playing a sick guitar solo

weregeld has some interesting cover art...

I know there is one planet creating program where you can add at least 20 moons to one planet.

why do so many idiots say that Russ ignored the Emperor to listen to Horus?

Russ never received the order to capture Magnus. Horus changed the order before it ever got to Russ.

Russ was still an asshole, but why do so many people act like he received 2 orders, and decided "Nah, I'mma smoke that nigga"?

And don't forget Valdor. That guy was almost as bad as Horus for the loyalist cause. One hell of a custodian

note how similar to the eye of terror models they are, insinuating it's a spontaneous change and not just furry jesus

I'll reread prospero burns and a thousand sons but I'm pretty sure he gets Emps message, and Horus says 'yeah 1.1 update says go kill him'
>be me, constantin valdor
>my only memories are of protecting the emperor
>i would give my life to save him
>as the emperor's chief guard I had to read all the books the emperor wanted to
>xenos and fanatics wrote about what magnus does now, but this book is from the distant past
>so always suspicious of him
>he breaks into the imperial palace
>he appeared as a demon from old night, with lesser creatures by his feet
>but he quickly disappeared
>clearly this was a failed assination
>if I must die to save the Emperor, then today is the day I enter into glory
>down with the nerd even if I'm with the dog fucker

Why do you guys have ceased to reference the previous edition? This is better than braided werewolves wearing black t-shirts and having frag launchers over their unplugged power packs. I doubt there is a problem with some SW turning into werewolves, when it is already established so, kinda like those Raven monstruosities. Moar rage, moar fury yadda yadda. I doubt they are as tough or as strong as Gal Vorbak OGs, but that's just an opinion.

>why do so many idiots say that Russ ignored the Emperor to listen to Horus?
Emps ordered a thing, Horus then said orders were X and backed his claims with his Emperor-given Warmaster authority. Russ was decieved and played like a fiddle, but the loyal wolf acted the way he was supposed to act, without necessarily meaning he agreed with Horus over the Emperor.
Just as planned :^)

Did Blood Angels and Iron Warriors ever met?

>even if I'm with the dog fucker
Russ and Valdor were big bros, were they not.

>over their unplugged power packs
the packs are actually plugged into their arms on the models 2bh.

Sorry, I forgot to do it. Had H.G Wells on the brain.

pretty sure that's raptor's cover. This is weregeld.

Why do people even lie about this stuff?

Russ was more "muh honor" than Valdor; so they might have disagreed on that.

Valdor signed off on the assassination mission on Horus; while Russ refused Malcador's suggestion to bomb Cthonia

>Did Blood Angels and Iron Warriors ever met?
By the end of the Heresy, some element of every single legion fought both alongside, and against, some element of every single other legion. So yes.

>Why do people even lie about this stuff?
you tell me.

Well it IS Weregeld's cover; since that's the only new stuff in there.

Everything else in there already has a cover

I meant it as in a named conflict

Anyone has that imperial fortress image? The one that doesn't appear in Stronghold assault.

FUCKING

ASSASSINS

IN 30K

WHEN

2000 points Imperial Fists, one last time. Think I've got it down now.

HQ (175)
Praetor – Terminator armour, Paragon Blade, Iron Halo, Teleportation Transponder (175)

Troops (550)
20x Tactical Marines (275)
>19x Tactical Marines, Vexilla, Nuncio Vox
>1x Sarge, Artificer armour and Power fist, Melta Bombs

20x Tactical Marines (275)
>19x Tactical Marines, Vexilla, Nuncio Vox
>1x Sarge, Artificer armour and Power fist, Melta Bombs

Elites (555)
2 x Apothecarion Detachment. Artificer armour x2. (110)

1x Contemptor Dreadnought CCW with Plasma Blaster and Kheres Assault cannon (210)

5x Cataphractii Terminator with Transponder (235)
>2x Power Fists
>1x Power Fists and Plasma Blaster
>1x Chain Fist
>1x Sarge with Power fist.

Heavy Support (720)
Sicaran Battle Tank, Lascannons (205)
Sicaran Battle Tank, Lascannons (205)
Artillery Tank Squadron – 2x Medusa (310)

You think you can squeeze in a Damocles Rhino? It'll help your teleporting dudes a lot. Say, what's your strategy?

Not really that needed desu, only engagement they were in was Dagonet

IS this stone gauntlet? I assume so as you've not mentioned otherwise and you don't have teleporters out the arse so it cant be hammerfell. Looks pretty good, if a tad light on bodies. Fuck the AA and power fist on the sarges, just take a power sword, it's better for sergeants in my opinion, unless you can get AP2 on initiative.

Maybe consider a cortus instead of a prime contemptor? Save a couple points for some more goodies for your sicarans, perhaps a pintly combi-bolter/heavy bolter? Just means the main gun is less likely to get shot off.

>If it didn't happen in a novel then it didn't happen.

I want some fucking culexus, so I can skullfuck all the kiddies who are going to pick up 1ksons when the new box set comes out.

you cant deepstrike with stone guantlet

If it didn't happen in the novels, and it didn't happen in the FW books, it most likely didn't happen

It mentions in the novel as well that there have been many other assassin operations against Horus before, so presumably assassins would of played a pretty big role in the unseen battles during the heresy. Perfect for book 6 if you ask me, makes you wonder why they didn't include them.

Oh shit didn't realise, thought teleporter transponders were just special IF gear. In that case, why not give everyone you can a teleporter transponder as that's the whole point of the rite? and not to mention all those vehicles are going to be starting in reserve, you'll start the game with only two squads of tac marines on the board. If you come up against artillery spamming IW you'll be fucked

Which is exactly what those bitter bastards want

>Oh shit didn't realise, thought teleporter transponders were just special IF gear.
they are but you cant take them with stone gauntlet

i dont think hes running a RoW

The entirety of book 6 is essentially FW saying "there was a bunch of undocumented shit during the heresy, anything happened"

Fair enough

If he isn't running a rite, that then poses the question of why even take a fucking praetor? yes hes an alright beatstick, but why not just take a legion champion or a primus medicae or something, the Praetor just seems like a massive waste of points.

The fact that they haven't made assassins and have voiced no intention to proves they don't think they're important

Assassination attempts by small numbers of individuals aren't really battles though. And correct me if I'm wrong but most scenarios in FW books are quite large engagements

Maybe play that using Killteam or something

>nurglite trips

Fair enough, I just feel like it would be a nice little addition, even if they just said something like "heres how to use the assassins dataslate in 30k"

Has anyone actually tried 30k killteam yet? is it good?

when we get to terra, they're founded when horus is full chaos IIRC
no RoW? If so why not a centurion, to save points

Nope. They were around all through the Great Crusade.

assassins always existed, the specified temples existed but not as a unified body, it's malcador that founds the oficio assassinourium in its current form

Why Iron Halo with cataphractii?

Terminator armour doesn't automatically mean catapractii. Though why not a stormshield instead of an Iron Halo is indeed curious

I'm guessing the prator is joinning the cataphractii squad also with beacon?

Cataphractii+Iron Halo grants reroll to Invuln saves

Literally had 10 points free that couldn't go anywhere else.

Am adjusting the list again, though any real changes I make of more than 20-30 points are either stripping units down to bare bones or I'm removing units and trying to plug the gap.

I think I'm close, but my recent inexperience of 7e is what's causing me to waste the last few upgrade points since I've not played since 5th and I'm going off of memory and Battlescribe

no it doesnt.

it only does that in 40k.

In older fluff Russ was stood by the Emperor's side when Magnus broke the webway gate, so it seemed reasonable to assume the Emperor gave Russ orders while he was stood right next to him. I assume if newer fluff has Russ elsewhere at this point then this doesn't apply.

What's a good colour for an Ultrasmurf successor chapter? It's focused on battles in space and boarding action. So something navy-ish would be interesting.

I was thinking of Japanese Navy Green or a dark blue.

holy shit that is some A grade heresy your spouting

2 more Chain fists, no drawbacks.

>>/40kg

please take this homebrew fanfic dross to the 40k general

Checkerboard pattern of yellow, black and white. The black must be actually oily. Do it faggt

>what are blackshields
Forgeworld pretty much gave people carte blanche to paint their 30k marines however they want, can't really complain that people are coming up with homebrew stuff now.

>what are blackshields
trash and a wasted HH book.

Then it's a Blackshield rather than a smurf successor.

There's already a chapter like that.

Marines Errant, iirc.

at no point did he mention blackshields, and specifically states successor chapter. Being contrarian is fun and all but maybe try and back it up with actual facts. The 40k general is pretty much a containment thread, lets keep it that way.

>Blackshields aren't a meme
Kek
Also, this

So what's coming out from FW tomorrow? I've got money on Imperial Armour: Fires of Cyraxus since it'll be most likely for sale at the Warhammer Europe Open Day. Any other guesses?

Dain Ironfoot. They're not going to release anything big, that'll be announced at the FW Open Day on Saturday.

Rivet counter autists upset at a perfectly acceptable army option with a strong presence in prior and new fluff.

You can have equally autistic homebrew stuff in Legion lists. Just because FW decided to point out homebrew possibilities for Blackshields doesn't make them the only culprits.

This is also true. It wasn't until the Scouring that you see full-fledged "Successor" chapters showing up.

That said, the Smurfs and many other Legions already had distinct formations with their own colour variants and divergent tactics. user already listed the Marines Errant (who are pretty much what you're looking for anyway), and the FW HH books have also listed a few other future Successors (the ones obsessed with rad and the ones obsessed with vehicle swarms).

Have those legion-specific weapons and catapractii shoulderpads been released yet ? That should also happen at some point

Weapons, no. The shoulder pads for some factions are out.

Isn't FW doing a new Lotr core book too?

Technically there is RG bolter.

>You can have equally autistic homebrew stuff in Legion lists
And should you? Legal or not, autistic homebrews are autistic.

all homebrew is autistic cancer

Autistic homebrews belong in the trash as they deserve. I was just pointing out that Blackshields don't have a monopoly on them.

I still remember the vocal minority of rivet counters in /HHG/'s early days who got bootyblasted over all the people wanting to play loyalists from Traitor Legions. See for example.

the lengths you will go to trying to support a really basic 40k shitpost are pretty sad bro, maybe its time you went to the 40k thread as well? or are you just hanging out here waiting for fem primachs or other such cuck related trash, wouldn't surprise me at all coming from someone who defends "successor" posts in a 30k general let alone one about watered down homebrew smurfs.

Agreed...but I must admit Thunder Warrior user amuses me and Blackshields could serve for him. But he kind of wanted to do Codex:TW or something?
Fair point, very true. Say, where do you find those Ye Olde pics? I absolutely love them.

Dark blue-gray is what I think of when I hear "naval." Or the Russian uniforms with thin horizontal blue and white stripes =p.

Just keep in mind that successor chapters don't happen until after the Heresy is over. Heck, after the Scouring. For now all you get are chapters within a legion. Those could possibly have different colors - the norm would be only a few panels in a different color though.

I'm not that guy, but you're overreacting
>UM successorts obsessed with rad
Isn't that some Traitor Loyalist fluff a namefag came up with for shits and giggles one day? Some Destroyer dudes wearing black and with laurels of thorns. Total edgelords those guys, but they seemed amusing.

Shitpost or not, I won't apologize for trying to help an user create an army that is coherent with 30k fluff.

I could have spammed this thread with clever maymays for daring to use the word "Successor" in /HHG/, but I like to keep this general free from shitposting. I go to /gsg/ and /wtg/ if I want to see sperglords drowning in their own drama and self-loathing.

Sorry user, I have no idea where I got that image from. You could check out the KYM gallery for more: knowyourmeme.com/memes/medieval-macros-bayeux-tapestry-parodies

No, they're an actual canon Chapter in the UM. Predominantly composed of Terrans IIRC. I'll check the book myself when I get a chance too.

Thanks for the link and for quoting me twice. I dare ask, what is /gsg/ and /wtg/?

>like to keep the general free from shitposting
>successor ultramarines are fine
oh lordy

>Shitpost or not, I won't apologize for trying to help an user create an army that is coherent with 30k fluff.
>but I like to keep this general free from shitposting.
then why the fuck did you respond to shitposting you moron

> intentionally misinterpreting my point to continue shitposting

> Ignoring my other two replies

Grand Strategy General and War Thunder General.

Both are insular cliques of neckbearded sex offenders calling each other faggots for 700+ posts, before making a fresh bread and doing it all over again.

>Shitpost
Traitor World Eaters, Autek Mor's Iron Hands, Siege of Terra Blood Angels, dubs picks my legion.

Weeeeell it's not like Ultras and the concept of successor chapters (or chapters themselves) are divorced from each other.

Say, we do know of a few instances of alternate colour schemes/heraldry for some chapters within the legions. Weren't the Serrated Suns all red in a legion of granite grey even before the Pilgrimage?

not Rg bro can you repost your mk3 apothecary i accidentally deleted the file
assault cannons

imperial fists painted yellow

I got a MkII and a MkIV.

Well, I found the section of fluff I was referring to. It's the Nemesis Chapter (rad) and Aurorans (vehicles).

mk 2 sorry

how about Iron Hands painted red with some OILY SLICK FW BLACK on the back of the legs and between armor plates.

KA, just do it

Here you go.

I'm leaving for England tomorrow morning. Going to Nottingham sunday, anything good to buy there? Can I buy some FW without shipping fees?

World Eaters splashed with, and hear me out, some blood.

This one?

I can't do it because the sight of blood makes me queasy~

dankeshan

Thanks. What is this from?

>when the homophobic jock of the team pukes at the sight of blood
dice creation tables to blame

-> Dubs demand Queasy Legion, not big surprise. Now we just need to agree on the colour :^)

how about world eaters that are just primed white and washed with some shit color so that they look like complete shit?

Let's get this bread back on track. We all know the Siege of Terra book won't come out once the last remaining legions are released, so what comes out next? Imperial Army, or more AdMech?