Does anyone else ever become discouraged from making threads or sharing content with this community?

Does anyone else ever become discouraged from making threads or sharing content with this community?
(To be clear, I'm not claiming that these are recent occurences. It's kind've always been this way.)

>Can't share greentexts because it's "shit that didn't happen" or "nice blog post".
>Can't pose a question or discussion topic because it's "bait". Even in situations when it's obviously not.
>Veeky Forums is filled with ludicrous, dull not-questions that can all be answered with "depends on the setting".
>There's lewd shit and virgin-tier "teehee succubus a cute!" bullshit because people can't be bothered to post it somewhere else.
>And people ragging on every system, game, or edition they don't like, despite there being 20 different /generals/ to discuss anything they want to their heart's content.
>Every single opportunity for discussion is derailed by people arguing over minute details of posts.

Why does anyone that wants to discuss traditional gaming stay here? One can argue that, "That's just internet culture", but why does it have to be? Why can't we just be civil and productive?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49536847/#49542163
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you mad that your previous elf slave wat do thread got shitposted and deleted?

And this "Veeky Forums imageboard LolIt'sallthesameperson" shit.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I bet you thought your post was really fuckin' clever and funny.

Have I just outgrown this website?

>>Why does anyone that wants to discuss traditional gaming stay here?
They don't. This board is a circlejerk. Nobody here actually plays or homebrews anything anymore. Nobody discusses games anymore, It's just Veeky Forums talking about Veeky Forums. It's been so for years now.

Yes OP. I feel the same. Sure, some of the threads posted here are rather obnoxious and I might be to blame myself for derailing a few of them to complain about their content, instead of ignoring as I should've done. mea culpa.

I think worst of all is the meme spewing smut loving crowd. The first ones to say 'Veeky Forums is /d/ lite'. They are predictable and annoying and always creating circle jerks. Everything's Rape, or everything is 'tap it' or 'fuck it' or 'that's my fetish'.

That would be tolerable and fun in some parts, but it's just obnoxiously always present.

And there's a good number of bait threads. Most are sucessful even. More than 100 posts.

Hating on D&D, any edition, is a stupid meme. Even if you have genuine complaints and reasons to dislike something, shitposting about it is dumb. I dislike Fatal and I i've created 0 threads about the system and I have posted in 0 threads to complain. I dont care for fantasy flights Warhammer 40k games and yet I dont feel the need to let anyone know that. I believe it's bad enough that people will realize it on their own, and if they don't, more power to them.

I guess what I'm saying is...be the change you want to see in the board. I don't promise the change will happen but take solace in the notion you didn't make it worse.

The smut people are way more likely to actually play tabletop than anti smut people, ive found.

If you don't like it, leave. And then realize that all the other forums of discussion about ttrpgs are just as bad, if not worse, in their own unique ways. Then, come crawling back and accept that you're doomed to low-quality discussion of ttrpgs if you're going to have any online. I should know, I've done this at least 3 times now.

>some people say bad things about topics
>therefore nothing good will ever be said about a topic
this is your logic. if you're not willing to weather the trolls and idiots you shouldn't be turning to the internet, and if your topic is too shit to attract anything else, well then your topic is shit. plenty of those shit threads you're moaning about have lead to worthwhile discussions and plenty of valud topics have been built upon by interested anons.

Honestly, the only reason to come to this board is for the art dumps. The generals tend to be repetitive enough that you can grab a link to the trove, check it once a month or so, and get the same utility without the shitposting.

Veeky Forums has always been horrible. Since /b/ ran Warhammer Wednesday off into its own board it's been horrible. You've just grown up and realized that horrible things are no longer fun, user.

That's not a really good measure of anything. Even if that's true, why its' so hard for them not not smut 80% of the threads? Why can't they pick it when it's relevant and put effort into it? Limit themselves to maybe 20% of them? Idk...

>why don't people who post things i don't like post less of the things i don't like?

You are deliberating pretending you didn't understood what I meant to lower the level of discussion. Why can't you just either talk serious or be gone?

Because they are simply more prolific in playing these games than nonsmuts, it seems.

The prudes seem more concerned with smut than playing, wheras the smuts like both equally

The same reason antismuts talk about smut instead of talking about games.

>Why can't you just either talk serious or be gone?

Man I don't play anymore but I do homebrew. I think my homebrew are pretty cool too.

>instead of talking about games
Not him, but that is never a good argument. You don't know how many other Veeky Forums tabs he has open. And I could say to you: why are you complaing about the state of Veeky Forums right now and even made a thread about it, instead of creating a good thread that actually contributes to the board?

That's a false dichotomy though. Or you misunderstood me. Playing and enjoy smut is really not a problem. Neither is to make the occasional smut comment. Constantly bringing sex and lewdness as the center topic, either by making threads about it or using it in other threads that having nothing to do with it is the problem. And disliking that doesn't make anyone a prude either. There's no 2 teams, one that passionately hates sex and sex related stuff, and another who loves it.

There's, in my opinion, a group of people who obnoxiously try to shove sex into everything and every context. You have people who are just a unreasonable and annoying in their crusade against lewd. I don't like those either. Even, those are almost as bad or even part of the same problem because one thing that really annoyes me, and for the comments I see on the board, i'm not alone in this, is when someone posts something completely fine, and even if it has a lightly risqué meaning, the thread immediately is derailed by people crying "NO TAKE YOUR MAGICAL REALM AWAY"...Or by people pushing it too far.

Am I so wrong to find those attitudes annoying?

I miss the old days when Veeky Forums's lack of moderation filtered out the weak who couldn't deal with Flareposting, etc.

Man things were really shit though, 2010 was absolute garbage compared to even now.

The funny thing is we see smutfags playing games all the time, but you never see antismutfags playing games.

i'm not deliberately misunderstanding you, you're being ignorant by assuming a small number of people just posts smut in every thread they can get to, just because you don't appreciate it, when it's entirely possible that 80% of nerds who play traditional games also like to masturbate to them. just because you don't appreciate the presence of smut doesn't mean its presence isn't proportional to the number of people who do, or the quality that that majority expect. if that upsets you then maybe you have higher standards than a majority of Veeky Forums and that's the problem, not just the amount of boobs being posted.

I come to this board to fill the hole that is not having a group to roleplay with. I'm far too afraid to try d20 or whatever though, since I've only ever done freeform. Fuck.

I am talking about games. I'm also talking about this. And I believe that by simply putting my opnion out there, I'm contributing to the board. Even if it's not taken into account. As I said, be the change you want to see. I try to reason with everyone on Veeky Forums to the best of my ability and without trolling. And I do that because that's how I like other anons to interact with me in here. And some do the same.

While I'm doing this I'm also in other threads talking about games. I also play RPGs often online, I ran then, even. So I'm both a player and a game talker, which this thread seems to consider positive for some reason.

what's that thing sticking out from his collar?
bread?

Yeah, the slice he ripped it off of is on the desk.

>>Can't share greentexts because it's "shit that didn't happen" or "nice blog post".
So stop using this as your personal blog and making up stories.

>>Can't pose a question or discussion topic because it's "bait". Even in situations when it's obviously not.
Bait is bait.

>>Veeky Forums is filled with ludicrous, dull not-questions that can all be answered with "depends on the setting".
Well, yes. That is what bait IS.

>>There's lewd shit and virgin-tier "teehee succubus a cute!" bullshit because people can't be bothered to post it somewhere else.
And yet, content happens there.

>>And people ragging on every system, game, or edition they don't like, despite there being 20 different /generals/ to discuss anything they want to their heart's content.
That's what neckbeards do.

>>Every single opportunity for discussion is derailed by people arguing over minute details of posts.
NECKBEADS.

In conclusion, we probably don't want you, or your meta threads, on Veeky Forums. Ever. Leave and never come back.

>Have I just outgrown this website?
No, this website has outgrown you. Piss off to the subreddit from whence you came.

Say what you will about this guy....I bet he's better looking than 90% of the nerds here.

>we see smutfags playing games all the time, but you never see antismutfags playing games
what the fuck are you even taking about, where do you get this from?

You are kind of wrong to be laying the problems of the board on the smutfags, yeah.

>The funny thing is we see smutfags playing games all the time
Where? Where do you see that? What kind of playing games do you mean? Doing erp?

Erpfags are constantly getting together to play games, user.
They play somany games, in fact, that people complain they are omnipresent

I'm not laying the 'boards problems' on the smutfags. I'm saying I find the excess of smut material to be ONE of the problems. You understand there's a huge difference? And that I also said that radical antismut people are just as annoying?

The same place people complaining about smutfags all over the place see them.
And in smut threads.
And they also seem to be big on worldbuilding.

I dont consider it any more of a problem than other types of cross contamination.

You can always leave.

Cite on specific type that is as much present as Smut X Antismut discussion. If this was 2 years ago, I'd say 40k. But 40k really lost board space lately and people stopped with the "Oh this is just X thing in 40k" in every thread.

I'm reluctant to share my tabletop experiences because I'm pretty sure both of my groups browse Veeky Forums and they'll find out and tease me about browsing Veeky Forums.

>The same place people complaining about smutfags all over the place see them
I don't see much smut around here anymore.
>And in smut threads
Erping is not the same kind of game that any non-smut game would be. You are comparing completely different things to each other. Normally you don't go here to to play games. You will not find people playing DnD here on Veeky Forums. They come here to talk about it.
>And they also seem to be big on worldbuilding
And so are non-smutfags.

Your comparison is off.

Spoiler Alert: Most people enjoy sex and sexual things, in a variety of ways.

Therefore, it follows that even more than a shared interest in tabletop things, people in general will share interests in smut things, and discussions will naturally feature them from time to time.

This is not rocket science.

Show discussion, anime in general, video games, and politics are all larger sources of cross contamination than smut.

This is a creative hobby, and thus will have many points where unrelated things are brought up for "no reason".
It is part of the creative process, and trying to curtail parts of it damages the process.

Most people enjoy food, but you don't see that derailing most of threads.

>Doesnt play erp in tabletop systems
>Doesnt know how popular erp tabletop is

Sex is less common than eating, therefore it tends to interest people more keenly.

You also dont see sex derailing most threads.
It is almost impossible to find anything that derails most threads.

>>Doesnt know how popular erp tabletop is
It's still tabletop, you don't actively play it here.

That's a lie and you know it.

>it's a smut vs. antismut thread

"Elf slave what do" is shit.
Bitching so hard the thread hits bump limit as soon as anyone mentions sex is shit.
World- and storybuilding that takes into account sexuality without it superseding the other intended motifs and themes is great.

If sexuality is one of the intended themes, then go ahead. I'm not interested, but some other people are, and it doesn't shit up Veeky Forums half as much as /pol/ has. Just don't pretend it's anything except what it is.

However, by all metrics of discussion, it seems like they play quite a lot. And worldbuild a lot. And are generally omnipresent it seems.

Veeky Forums themed smut used to be concentrated in the weekend smut thread, but we all know what happened to that.

You can take the smut out of the general, but you cant take it out of the fa/tg/uy

>people who browse here
>will tease me about browsing here

>Some people don't like to talk to my autist puritan ass, I'll shame them instead of filtering useful posts from shitposts like a real human bean
This is the end result of the TRIGGERED culture being allowed to exist.

When us smutfags talk about the games we play, when they're non-smut games, there's no indicative thing that we're smutfags.

So when you say "can you limit your posting to, say, 20% of the board" that would just mean the non-smut posting would get a massive hit.

We openly invited this by allowing people triggered by furries to run rampant.

I miss it. I'm amazed that someone actually thought "if I make the general leave, then everyone involved with it will just disappear and there will never be smut again"

Jackass. This coming from someone who never visited it and had it on a filter, so you can guess why I wish we still had it.

There's also a strong undercurrent of cringey "hyper-moralistic" people that have been filtering in of late, acting like caricatures of prudishness.

It's very strange.

Although it is extremely funny to see *conservatives* being triggered, for a change.

Awesome people, aren't they? Just let them smut everything up again, you sure don't sound biased in this. Remember, I, the anti-smugfag, never play any traditional games, how could I prove that? But erping with another user here, that is the truest traditional game.

>it is extremely funny to see *conservatives* being triggered, for a change
Both sides have been getting triggered about as far back as the 2-party system has existed, it's just that we have a nice, succinct term for it nowadays.

Hey, if you are going to complain about them taking over your hobby, be prepared for it to be pointed out that they play and contribute to your hobby quite a lot.

You are sure not taking over, stop being so full of yourself.

>all the ERPing I do on F-list is TOTALLY tabletop guys, and when I'm pretending I'm an elf dickgirl princess it's just more proof I'm contributing to Veeky Forums culture!

With this kind of logic it's no wonder Quests were a blight on this board as long as they were. Anything degenerate that can be tangentially related to Veeky Forums is allowed to exist, and if you won't let me be a smutfag whenever and wherever I want I'm going to throw a tantrum for having my freedoms impeded upon.

>he thinks 4chins is about being productive
it's a website for bored people shooting fun, asshole

What do you want, notaried evidence that the same person who wrote a futa cybermiku quest for their shadowrun player was the same person who brewed up a wholly not-smut flying pirates campaign?

You wouldn't notice an ERP smutfag posting stuff without smut in it, so you can't actually calculate how non-smut Veeky Forums related material smutfags put up. You only notice and complain about the smut, and not about anything else that they do that doesn't have smut in it.

>You only notice and complain about the smut
It's almost like the smut content is the problem and nobody is stopping you from not fetishizing everything and just be a normal poster.

the differences are marginal, except there was creative stuff going on here back then. guess we're running out of fresh ideas.

also, generals are genuinely terrible, except D&D and 40K which need containment threads

Well, actually,
>Can't share greentexts because it's "shit that didn't happen" or "nice blog post".
>Can't pose a question or discussion topic because it's "bait". Even in situations when it's obviously not.
>Veeky Forums is filled with ludicrous, dull not-questions that can all be answered with "depends on the setting".
>And people ragging on every system, game, or edition they don't like, despite there being 20 different /generals/ to discuss anything they want to their heart's content.
>Every single opportunity for discussion is derailed by people arguing over minute details of posts.

If smut's the problem, then why is OP complaining about the rest of this shit?

>D&d isnt d&d if you have sex occasionally!
This is literally what you are arguing.

Also,
>Antiquestfag
>Blaming everything on other people
Delicious

t. faggot

unbelievable

>Can't post smut because people will start shouting to "take your magical realm off Veeky Forums"

That actually fits in 100% perfect with the rest of OP's complaints, actually.

Don't know what made OP flip his shit out so hard, but I think we still get some nice new OC from time to time.
I personally love the privilege to call everyone else a faggot and then stare at naked anime tits, watch videos of jihadists getting BTFO by russian jets and reading some decent writefaggotry, all in one day, all in one place.
This place is a fucking paradise compared to pretty much anywhere else, if you look past the chaff.

We didnt run out of fresh ideas, we ran out of creatives.

hey, everyone, let's change the world to suit my needs!

Because we somehow decided to talk about smut only. Nobody says Veeky Forums is perfect, but some of those points are debatable and have been addressed by other anons.

i don't know, sounds a bit like micro-aggression to me.

Gasp! You ran the people trying to create new content out of the board? But if you did that, wouldn't that leave only the uncreative people?

I mean, people who might want to come to the board to enjoy an interactive story might participate, but if those interactive story were qstionably banished someplace else, perhaps it might create a deleterious effect on Veeky Forums?

Say it ain't so!

well, i enjoy the chaff. chaff is where hilarity ensues. like this thread.

No shit sherlock.

When everyone would rather be butthurt and tell other people they're wrong all the time for nothing better than a momentary rush of dopamine, the board is going to die because it's full of nothing but hate.

Shocking, I know.

Thank you for backing my point i guess?

I just find it funny, because OP's comments about not being able to talk about "normal" greentexts or getting answered with "depends on the setting" is equally applicable to anything even HINTING at lewdness getting pounced on by people shouting MAGICAL REALM REEEEE and it's the exact same behaviour he's decrying in the rest of his spiel.

>Another goddamn metathread
Christ, it's not even something decent like the confessional.
You want to know why I, at least, talk about Veeky Forums outside of Veeky Forums, or share contact information with you guys?
Because for every four reasonable fa/tg/uys, the fifth dude is a complete bastard who ruins everything he touches. Why are you fucks so obsessed with badwrongfun?
I know purity is more desirable to corrupt, but you people don't have to put your degeneracy or /pol/ powerlevel or fetish into everything.
Just fucking play some traditional games, for the love of God. I love the stories, the settings, and the world building, but somehow it seems like right now everyone here's just pissed at one another for no reason, including me.
>Nice blog post
This thread is filled with nothing but bitching already, so I'm not going to bother to try and impress you assholes by keeping my head out of it. I wouldn't invite anyone I know from this site to play with me unless I knew them for other reasons. Everyone on this godforsaken board is either a megadouche, a moderate douche, a douche trying not to be, or a newfag.
So would you guys mind pulling your heads out of your asses and start at least acting like reasonable people?
You all know who I'm talking to.
God, I'm so mad I probably didn't mean all of that. Fuck it, I'm posting it anyways.

Lol, I jumped one too far forward in the response chain. You're right, I was intending to support your hypothesis, and add more detail as to why is an imbecile.

>want
Simple: with D&D and 40K (+RPG) contained, we have space on the catalog, compared to 2010 (when it was all 40K). Banish all other generals and there you go. Veeky Forums was fine in 2010, except 40K was too much (and I came here for the 40K).

>he hates the bantz

>bantz

I take issue with people hooting and hollering and bringing nothing good to the table, yes. It makes the board weaker, less interesting, and shallow.

But it is the easy road, which is why you take it.

the board right now is tame compared to what it used to be, that hasn't driven creatives away. if anything, it has ATTRACTED them.

Well, that is the danger of allowing complainers free reign. Everyone thinks something is shit, and if they all act on it nothing will be allowed

Actually creatives were attracted several times in the eras when board police were at an ebb. Then they have mass exodudses when the board police get in power

>He thinks weekend smut worked as containment.

You are a funny motherfucker.

Lolno.

> someone asked everyone to share things they dislike about the state of sci-fi
> i hit the character post limit with my pet peeves
> i offended someone, who posted a bait pic "this bait came from the moon"
> pic actually made me laugh
> his way to disagree was the best I've ever seen
> ps i really do hate star trek and your favorite graphic novel

How the fuck do you post on Veeky Forums and hate Fell's Five?

Your trips reveal why. 4e reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

How dare you hate dungeon meishi and/or Wizard's Soul: ~Holy War of Love~?

Today's Veeky Forums is probably 80-90% made up of people who have NEVER played an RPG in their entire lives. They came to this board because 'lel anything is /tg' and have stayed to make the "lore", "magical realm", "that guy", "storytiem", "alignment", "theorycrafting", and meta threads because they're a bunch of IDEAS GUYS who are far too autistic to play an actual RPG.

I have noticed recently that moderation has improved the quality of the board, and there are far more on-topic threads, but we still are flooded with shit like "excuse me" threads because the majority of people who browse this board are only here to shitpost about things that never happened at each other.

People that actually play games are almost exclusively restricted to the generals, as the rest of the board is absolutely packed to the gills with NARPfag D&Dposters who only know about other roleplaying games by their reference in memes.

Don't kid yourself dude. Veeky Forums, and the internet as a whole, has always been about people hanging out, dicking around, and maybe occasionally doing any one thing in particular.

Narrow-minded focus on "BUT MUH BOARD MUST BE THIS WAY" is utterly pointless. Forcing people to fit into a box will only cause them to slip through your fingers, Moff Tarkin.

Just let people be. Some of them will do things you don't like, but when everyone's relaxed and in a friendly mood, they're also a LOT more likely to participate in what YOU want to do, because people feel like they can come in and be welcomed.

Anger only produces more anger.

>haha just relax and chill out bro, everyone should be friends and shit
/Fuck off/ with that stupid fucking hug circle echo chamber bullshit you redditor piece of shit.

This board is not /b/. You aren't allowed to just shit out whatever you feel like because anything goes. You and your NARPfag ilk are not fucking welcome.

My, you make a lot of assumptions, angry person. I'm glad you're here to defend this board, being its gatekeeper and all.

You made this whinepost in a thread yesterday.
>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49536847/#49542163