"Just one more boy, this one is small." Malifaux general

>Books
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - not yet; if you have scans/pics please post.
Book 4 card pics: imgur.com/a/vJ5g0 imgur.com/a/tjdx4

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Last thread:Topics to get the thread started: what are your Malifaux plans for the weekend?
How far are you from owning an entire faction if you don't already?
How often do you revert to an old war game mindset and start to just table the opponent instead of going for points reguardless to your benefit or detriment ?

Other urls found in this thread:

godswearhats.com/malifaux/schemes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what are your Malifaux plans for the weekend?
I have none as of yet except doing some list building practice with the gaining grounds match generator I showed an user last week. I finally finished painting a bunch of models for my brother so I"m angry pants that some of his stuff looks better than mine.

One day I'll go back and strip paint and redo. Poor Johan/Hans the first models I've ever done.
>How far are you from owning an entire faction if you don't already?
I was damn near close having bought Daw's entire pool with stuff for Von Schill, Parker, and Viktoria. But I've ditched those plans for the last two and want to find a happy home for the daw stuff. Even the nasty headless Metal Papa Loco. (Mental Note: Learn pinning)
>How often do you revert to an old war game mindset and start to just table the opponent instead of going for points reguardless to your benefit or detriment ?
If I'm not in a tournament...hell if I'm in a tournament and I'm running Viks or if I see my old nemesis the Brewmaster, it becomes very easy to desire blood. Never ends well when I go Bald Bull.

>One day I'll go back and strip paint and redo. Poor Johan/Hans the first models I've ever done.

Know that feeling.

Why do you get angry at brewmaster?

I plan on finishing painting my starter box (I'm a meh painter so no pics) and from there I'mean going to demo the game with a few of my buddies). I currently own Pandoras Box, Wahldgiests, Iggy, and a box of Insidious Madness. I want to pick up widow weaver though, but if I do, I need a Teddy and a box of Dolls

Nice. I'm thinking about painting up collodi, pandora and Titania when I get done with a basic crew for all of my outcasts (and before my brotherhoods of steel freikorps show up)

Because I played McMourning for a year before jumping to outcasts. So I have many many bad memories of Brewmaster lockdowns.

Totally petty I know but can't shake that original rival. Especially since every Gremlin player in my local meta knew that was my only resser master. To be fair though, I bet I could handle the match up now, but back then I did dumb rookie things like taking Deliver the Message against Leveticus

*wamp wamp wahhhh*

To be fair, taking those early hard knocks did help.. Two weekends ago I got my first 2nd and 1st placement and won a hodgepodge effigy and a female Firestarter (the latter having been sold). But man some of those early games.

I've bought Closing Time box, along with Whiskey Golem and Fermented River Monks.

After unboxing I relized that gremlins that swarms golem are included only in nightmare edition model, so I'm stuck with regular one.

Now question: would 40k/AoS goblins fits that guy so I could convert them a bit and make them pretend they're mallifaux gremlins?

I think they would be a little too large. Also, Unless you are just going for the theme I think you should reassess that crew, because one of the traps that brewmaster falls into (and why a lot of people don't like how he plays) is because they try to go full theme with him.

As you guessed I choose him for drunkard theme. I haven't played yet so I'm not thinking about changes and expanding crew. I'll figure it out later, when I get some experience and see what I'm missing.

Forwarned is forarmed.
I've watched 4 people in my local meta pick him up for his theme and then put him right back down or get rid of him.
That's why I warn people.

So Leviticus, I'm gonna run paraiah of iron with him, and I really want to run a warden with him (cause it's one of the ones with a cape) and lazarus with him, any other suggestions of stuff I could bring in such a list?

Might get a game or two in tomorrow.
Unfortunately there're only two or three of us playing very regularly (damn WarmaHordes sapping the playerbase), so I've played minor variation of Lilith and Pandora the last four games out of five.

Miiiiles.
Got one crew and a bunch of proxies, and a local hero gave me his Howard and Joss because he's lost interest in Arcanists (blasphemy).

>How often do you revert to an old war game mindset and start to just table the opponent instead of going for points reguardless to your benefit or detriment ?
All too regularly - I lost a game at the start of the week by walking off and abandoning my Interference denial to avenge Colette.
Who hadn't actually been hurt, but had been Incite'd by Iggy, who must pay for daring to attack my lasses.

>list building practice with the gaining grounds match generator
The GodsWearHats one?
I put up practice things semi-regularly, about once a thread, so do stick a list up if you see one.
Did one last thread - I find it really helpful to see how other people pick and plan their crews with specific reference to terrain, deployment zone and scoring/denial, and to get feedback on how I plan my games (as my pool is limited enough that there's not a huge range in the lists I pick).

I notice those challenges. I missed the last one, but if you see a Viks/Parker list in response there's a strong chance that it's mine.

It's not a bad thing to have a limited pool I find. If you know how to use them. A lot of my meta told me that I need void wretches and Ashes and Dust and I've been doing just fine without.

>What are your Malifaux plans for the weekend?

I'm running an event next weekend. Instead of a normal tourney we're doing all 3 Divergent Paths games in a day. I'm building and painting my outcasts.

I have everything in the Guild. Best faction.

I do that when I'm learning a new crew, just to see what they can do.

I've only played eight or nine games, only half a dozen at 50ss, but locking myself into the Colette box (plus Joss and Trapper, then recently Arcanist Effigy and Howard) has been invaluable in actually learning what stuff does.
I have no idea how I would have worked out what Colette & co. do if I'd had a range of swap-outs this whole time.
I'm still learning apparently obvious tricks too - I just realised Colette can kill a Performer next to her for Reactivate, for example, which is a potentially very useful way of getting work out of a near-dead (or poisoned) nearby Performer.

>Instead of a normal tourney we're doing all 3 Divergent Paths games in a day.
That sounds really good fun.

Honestly, Slow growing into a faction works wonders. You learn your stuff better and you get more performance out of your models then someone with equal time and more choices. Not to mention it makes building a fuck ton faster.

Like at a tournament I had an aha moment when I was inches away from taking down wong and had Ash shoot Big Jake (who was behind by about 11 inches) to death so that I could guarantee two chances to take him down if I won initiative by respawnin him in base with blood.

Nothing says love faster than having Big Jake win the day by yelling "Not Hardly".

The opponent wasn't much fun to play with though as he griped during the entire game and actually rage quit the tournament.

erm with Ash. Blood was dead. God, sometimes I mix up their names when I retell these stories. Can't imagine how my opponents feel when I have to say "Thong = Hench, mohawk = master"

This is one I hope I can play in. Normally I'm happy to sit out and handle time, rules, or the odd demo.

>The opponent wasn't much fun to play with though as he griped during the entire game and actually rage quit the tournament.
Stuff like this has always turned me off travelling for tournaments.
It seems like the big ones massively increase your risk of saltines.

Usually I have awesome experiences. In like 12 tournaments in the last five months this was my only very negative experience. Usually I get guys who joke about Francisco shaking his hips at the Viks to provide a "too sexy" debuff to melee.

Which leads to the meta in-joke that the Viks regularly hire the Freikorps to steal "Men of the Latigo" calendars.

In my experience with Malifaux, X-Wing, even 40k, the bigger the event the fewer neckbears. TFGs tend to stay local and play in small events because they feel they can get away with more and have an easier chance of winning by picking on the weak. TFG fears competition and getting called out, both of which will happen at larger events.

Tournies are great fun, you can meet lots of great folks and play some really fun games. Some of my best friends I've met at tournies.

Hell yeah mate!

I know I got a personal quest to hit up Nova next year and put up a hell of a showing. Especially with my offline tabletop rpg groups not really meeting with any kind of regularity, Malifaux is giving me that social gaming itch scratch I need.

Also, the rage quitter was in fact an older neckbeard. I put him on the backfoot by nearly popping Old Cranky's head off turn one...but I had a hand full of garbage so I couldn't beat his cheat. But it's nice to put the fear of God in something.

After my final catch up game for the imfinity slow grow at my club I'm running a malifaux demo game for a guy that saw my mali-mans in the case. He's easily corrupted so I'll probably have a new convert.

Asside from the new wave stuff I'm about 4 models off owning all the ressers, just missing dead rider, carrion effigy and guild autopsies.

Missing about a third of the guild and half of both outcasts and neverborn.
Only have 2-3 crews for the other factions.

Not too often now thankfully. I do play Seamus a lot though and will pick on weaklings just to keep activation superiority.
Used to get carried away with lady justice a lot when I started though.

Here's round 1 of my story event

Strategy: Rampage
Deployment: Flank
Schemes: Convict Labor, Take Prisoner, Show of Force, Search the Ruins, Mark for Death

Hopefully I'll get to play, because I want that Guild win and werewolf lawyer. What would you play this game?

I thought everyone would be more hyped over the fact that if 10T get him we could get a Talbain from darkstalkers in malifaux.

I'm thinking Lucius and double thralls just mucking up the middle. Doppelganger/What Lackeys Are For to drop markers as needed, Thralls to lock up the middle and get free attacks when said markers are dropped. Mark for Death and Search the Ruins, most likely. I'm just going to spam scheme markers.

To be honest, I want Jon Talbain and I play Outcast.

For that list though...that's easily a Parker set up. Once enemies get in the middle have Parker run up and switch all the schemes to his and walk away. Easy 4-6 points.

Don't get me wrong, that's a good one too. I just love the fluff of lawyers citing a law against transformed humans that actually turns him back.

Plus, Lucius.

Did fae every have eyes?

So I absolutely love Jack Daw but the Guilty are lame as fuck. Any good proxies or replacements for them? They look so goofy.

I plan on using the hanging tree models for mine.

>Topics to get the thread started: what are your Malifaux plans for the weekend?
Throw all the stuff I've been painting at my client, collect the money.
Kaeris/Ironsides boxes, like 3-4 small addons, plus stuff that's still not normally available.
>How often do you revert to an old war game mindset and start to just table the opponent instead of going for points regardless to your benefit or detriment ?
Not really? Infinity cured me of that pretty well. VPs are king, killing is so the enemy can't do their mission.

Hope your opponents don't mind you using 50mm bases, they barely fit on those.

>Pic related
Nimble?
Walk 4?
IT'S A FUCKING TREE!

Those trees look pretty spry to me.

A fukin ghost tree nigga!

Round 2 of the day will be the Trickster

Strategy: Corpse Hunt
Deployment: Corner
Schemes: Convict Labor, Hunting Party, Exhaust Their Forces, Frame for Murder, A Quick Murder

I want her to keep working with the good doctor, mostly McMourning is my jams.

I'm thinking either Seamus or McMourning since I don't have Reva yet. McMourning poison bomb with the emissary, Sebastian, Rafkin, and the like. Quick Murder and probably Hunting Party to go full murder spree.

Whats this about Werewolves in malifaux? First ive heard of it.

It's in the Divergent Paths thing. Marcus turned some poor schmuck into a wolf monster and the faction who wins this week gets to influence his story.

since we're talking about werewolves (kind of) I need to get some wolf like creatures to proxy as Rougarou. does anyone have any ideas?
Thus far i've looked at mantic stuff and the circle faction in hordes but i've not found anything suitable.

The thumbnail actually looked like a high quality smug pepe for a second. I'm not the only one who saw it, right?

I have bad news for you friend.

Keep that shit on /pol/

>it's a fucking tree
No, it's a hanging tree. Knowing the difference might save your ass some day.

I generally prefer using the girl versions of models, but Cherri Bomb looks dumb as hell. No idea how they messed that one up as the rest looks really good.

Get the werepigs and give them skull heads?

Borrowing a page from Colette user but...

I'm declaring Outcast, what do you bring?
>Deployment: Flank
>Strategy: Extraction
Schemes:
>Show Of Force ()
>Leave Your Mark ()
>Detonate The Charges (6)
>Mark For Death (9)
>Convict Labor (Always)

Nothing, because I'm still waiting for my package.
Where do you get them map pictures? Looks nice for table ideas.

>if gremlins
Brewmaster
>If neverborn
Probably lilith
>If outcasts
tara
>if ressers
Molly

godswearhats.com/malifaux/schemes/

A handy scheme pool generator with map ideas if you click puzzle mode.

I'd probably run Titania, Thorn, Tooth, Aeslin, Nekima and a doppelganger.
I've played a couple of similar games with those schemes/strategy and that crew is generally pretty good for it.
I'd definitely take Detonate as one of my schemes just because of the sheer amount of markers i'd generate, as for the other scheme I'd probably pick Show of Force and just keep Nekima and Aeslin in the center.
I've played against outcasts the least out of all the factions so really I have no idea what I'd be expecting.

so I caved in and bought brewmaster, I guess i'm starting yet another faction.

how much do you have now? painted? played with?

prettymuch the whole neverborn faction, just got the odd model to paint. Arcanists i've got Ramos, Kaeris, Ironsides and Collette. Jack Daw and the Viks for outcasts. Kirai for ressers.

I bring Lilith and her family values.
Because currently I only own Lillith, Nekima, Lilitu and Letu and a few more Nephilim so I can run a Growing Baby list. I kinda have to square peg, round hole this list with any scheme and strategy.

I'm starting a Kirai crew and was wondering if Toshiro The Daimyo would be good.
Being such a heavily focused summoning crew, I figure having someone around to help summon even more will be good.

Toshiro stronk

God save the Queen?

How does Dreamer Summoner work? He summons shit with 1 HP left, and he has to take an upgrade that costs 5SS to do it. And another 2SS to get accomplice so the summoned nightmare can heal. But then he is still there with almost no HP and (probably) slow.

What am I missing? On paper it does not look very alluring.

i'm tempted to pick up a neverborn crew to pair with lucius, maybe pandora

>What are your Malifaux plans for the weekend?
My gremlin ladies will arrive today, so I'm gonna paint em up real nice.

Uhm...well I got the starter set and soon Ophelia's and Mah Tucket's boxes. Far off I'd say.

Haven't played enough games to find out, but I'm curious to find out.

Colette user here
I declare Arcanists!

Arcanists
50ss Crew

Colette Du Bois -- (2+3)ss Cache
+Cabaret Choreography - 2ss
+Shell Game - 1ss
+Arcane Reservoir - 2ss
Mechanical Dove - 2ss

Cassandra - 8ss
+Practiced Production - 1ss
+Smoke And Mirrors - 1ss

Joss - 10ss
Freikorps Trapper - 7ss
Arcane Effigy - 4ss
Mannequin - 4ss
Performer - 5ss

>Leave Your Mark
>Detonate The Charges
Maybe Convict Labour if your crew is too small to come get me in one of the corners.
I'd probably take the North-West corner.
Trapper deploys in the 6" Extraction bubble, either with or without a firing lane, depending on your crew.
Cassandra powers up the field to get into the bubble too, Understudying a Prompt to add to Colette's to get Joss up there ASAP.

Dove and Practiced Production scores free LYM.
Pre-emptive marker placement on your side of the 6" bubble, combined with the Mannequin allowing the Showgirl (and Cassandra, positioning allowing) to throw markers 6", should give me all three DTCs.

Convict Labour will be bluffed throughout, possibly by the Trapper if you are good enough at staying out of LoS, otherwise by the Mannequins/Showgirls.

Joss will sit at your edge of the Extraction bubble to screen and kill, either withdrawing to maintain position relative to the marker or staying there to tie up models, depending on how you react to him.

Markers go at your edgeof the bubble, both corners and your backfield, so you have to split models between cleaning up LYM, ConLab at both ends of the board AND be wary of entering the Extraction bubble lest you give away easy DTC points.

Oh, and hand/stone management-wise, I'll be saving big numbers to stop Joss getting Buried/Assassinated etc., Masks for Cassandra's "Drop marker then push" Df trigger, Stoning for Doves so Colette can put one in the corner the Trapper isn't and at least one in your back field, and Stoning to keep Joss and Cassandra alive.

And hte one thing htat would make the GodsWearHats generator infinitely better is if they were pre-marked with the various zones, like the Mats By Mars playmats.

Here's what I'm bringing for the list

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Parker Barrows + 6 Pool
- Oath Keeper (1)
- Tally Sheet (1)
- Black Market (1)
Doc Mitchell (3)
Mad Dog Brackett (9)
- Lucky Poncho (1)
Sue (8)
- Return Fire (1)
Johan (6)
- The Bigger They Are (1)
Big Jake (5)
- Oath Keeper (1)
Bandido (5)
Bandido (5)

I would be going for Detonate the Charges and having my Bandidos hopefully set up some scheme markers so Parker can swoop in and steal them. Show of Force would be my next preferred option since we'd all be hanging out in the middle anyway.

I'd be tempted on switching Mad Dog for the Emissary but I've just gotten him so I'm not yet used to his shenanigans.

Yeah, against Collette I know I'd not be able to stop Leave your Mark unless I got extremely lucky. The big goal would be to have Parker keep stealing scheme markers so that Detonate would either not be scored or scored for partial. After that, my game plan is to use Mad Dog blasts to push stuff far enough away from the marker so they don't count.

I'd forsee an 8-7 win...just not sure who's way because Collette is my second rival battle behind Brewmaster.

((Now I sincerely want to get someone to draw Parker or Viks as Ryu and Brewmaster and/or collette as Akuma/Ken.))

Well, once you reveal Parker I might not go for Detonate The Charges after all - Convict Labour and Leave Your Mark are both easy if you're going to be busy in the middle, though CL is very easy to deny at least once.

Having said that, if I can force you to activate Parker before the Performer, there's still a good 70% chance I can get Detonate off for the full 3.

Also, if I've got Performer AP to spare, you flipping my markers means I don't have to hesitate over blowing them up to put you on --Df/Wp, at which point everything gets waaay more killy.

A high-scoring, very close game seems likely, I'd agree.

What does Big Jake do?
I know he resurrects, but what do he do apart from that?

Big Jake has Don't Mind Me, and one of his melee triggers can push things and then place him in base. So he can upset plans or bubble synergies. But he can also sacrifice 2 health to look at the top two cards and replace them in any order or discard.

But yeah, I'd see this game as really close and going down to flips and who's forced to activate their master first. Gotta tell you this feels like a nail biter already.

>But he can also sacrifice 2 health to look at the top two cards and replace them in any order or discard.
That's pretty good - which book is he in?
I want to go look up his card now.

>Gotta tell you this feels like a nail biter already.
Yup - Parker is a scary master to play against, since pissing markers all over the table is about half of what Showgirls crew can do.

>I'll Finish This Fight
>When determining how many VP this model's controller gains from a Strategy, this model counts as two models.
That's fucking baller. Especially if he can re-appear for end-of-game Strats.
Does that mean he counts as two for Interference, for example?

I'm not sure exactly how useful (0) Consult The Ancestors would be though, unless you have something good to Accomplice to - the damage spread doesn't seem quite good enough to burn health for a Tomahawk hit.

I just managed to get one of the limited ed Teddy plastics. I think it was one of the 'Miss' minis.
It had no card and base.
I was wondering is it a Teddy expy or was it something else?
Also how big is it compared to the standard teddy?

>I was wondering is it a Teddy expy
yes.
It's about the same size as a normal teddy

It's called Miss-ery
It's about the same size as a metal teddy, the normal plastic ones are a bit bigger but look more dumb and are fatter. they are normally around 20-30 bucks depending on the day. other than that, they have the exact same abilities.

Putting together my gremlins...fucking Rami...gaddamn stupid gun sonnonfabitch

But aside from that, they're alright to put together.
And sweet jesus, the booty on Trixiebelle... I've only seen her front so far. Good lords.

How is this for a list?
Trixiebelle
Rami
Pere Ravagé
Raphael

Cause those are the ones I've put together so far.

Also why does Trixiebelle's "Buy you a drink" Ca stat has a mask attached if she needs a crow to succeed?

Thanks for the replies.

Now time to hunt down a spare base for her.

So with that in mind, what WOULD be the way to run Brewie?

I'm looking for a new addition to my Gremlins, but everything I see about him says what not to do and not how to really use him.

trigger requiring tome or both?

same question as this fellow guy:

The trigger requires a crow and the Ca has a mask.
That's what confuses me.

He's in the 3rd book. So give him a look.
Oh lawdy is he and yes he does count as two for interference and any scheme that requires two models to count he can do on his on.

And usually I use Consult for two reasons.
1) To facilitate his death so I can reposition him on Turn 5
2) To get a sneak peak for my next model OR the attacks that I'm likely to defend against.

I'm in the same boat as you user. I picked Brewmaster as my first master and it's been really rough. I'm 0-6 right now. Last match was 9-10 so it was pretty close.

So how do you guys tend to base your crews?

Just picked up Colette and was thinking about using wooden floorboard style bases for all the showgirls as though they're on a stage. That won't fit a lot of the other Arcanist models, especially in non showgirls lists, but then if I base them differently I'm worried the crews I field won't look very coherent.

Might be cool for hardcore. Lenny and Burt are gross with her since she can give them extra attacks.

There's probably a trigger on one of her upgrades.

You use him to control part of the table and take handful of enemies out of action with drinking contest. Use Trixie to go first so the bubble goes up first.

It would work for academics and sort of tie in with a foundry/m&su rail way look maybe

I'm working on having my crews on a variety of bases to suit faction with cross over models having terrain transitional bases.

The ultimate aim being that the couple of sand base dudes help fit with wooden floor base guys because there are a couple with broken wood floor giving way to sand underneath as an example.

It's going to take a lot of thought as I own models from most factions.

I've actually hit exactly that problem, with the same models.
My Showgirls are on theatre boards, and I've just been given Howard and Joss on resin clockwork machinery bases.
I don't really want to re-base them, both because having them based by sub-faction is nice and because the bases themselves are really nice, but it does make the crew look a little odd together.
I'm going to pick up Mei Feng next, and put her lot on coal/rocks with a rail running through them.

Usually there's an Upgrade that has a relevant Trigger.
In a couple of cases I've been told of (which I can't remember off the top of my head) it's just future-proofing in case they want/need to add an Upgrade in later.

>I use Consult for two reasons.
>1) To facilitate his death
See, this is why I'm still bad at Malifaux.
It wouldn't have occurred to me to have him die when the .opponent. doesn't expect it to get the re-position.

>See, this is why I'm still bad at Malifaux.
No it's not that you're bad at all. This is just a SUPER hard thing to get used to. Hell, it took me a year to start chopping at my own guys or using guys with blasts on my own to ensure blast damage on the enemy.

My best Big Jake play to date was having Vik of Ash snipe him to ensure he'd respawn in base on the following turn (turn 5) so if I won initiative (which I did) I could have her and him beat up on Wong to get the neutralize the leader points I needed to win.

One of my favorite Sonnia plays is to drop a clockwork trap way up the field out of sight of enemies, have her shoot it, do moderate damage (3 minus 2 for armor so it only takes 1) to start bouncing blasts off it, then hit it with severe to kill it and get more blasts. Took Dreamer to 2 and killed all his daydreams/alps in one activation.

alright I'm 5/0/0 with brewie and this is the list I run with him.

The Brewmaster -- 3ss
+Binge - 1ss
Apprentice Wesley - 3ss
Francois LaCroix - 7ss
+Dirty Cheater - 1ss
+Stilts - 1ss
Lenny - 9ss
+I'll Love It And Pet It... - 1ss
Performer - 6ss
Rooster Rider - 6ss
Rooster Rider - 6ss
Trixiebelle - 8ss
+A Gun For A Lady - 1ss

Alright, so This list has a bunch of movement tricks, lures and obeys
Turn 1 I like to toss Trixy out with lenny and then take a walk action with him. (unless I toss wesley out, but it's usually not a smart thing to get him too far from Brewmaster.) Trixy goes reckless and gremlin lures lenny, Frank, and Brewmaster, After that you move the performer and try to keep her close to brewmaster. Rooster riders run up the flanks to go scheme running and pick off any would be antagonists. Now you have options with brewmaster and wesley, you can either obey stuff like Frank or trixy to take shots, or if the opposing crew is particularly weak start luring their scheme runners towards the scrum that is gonna go down in the middle.

Turn two, you'll probably want to activate Brewmaster first here and have his (0) drinking contest start. Then start binging the opponent's hand. Discard discard discard. each one they pitch is a card you don't have to worry about in the long run. At this point you can either have wesely try to binge or obey, but you need to keep him away from being shot so that you get your backup brewmaster should the original die. Frank, Trixy and Lenny form a Pretty fantastic firing line, with the free Ram trigger from Lenny, Just take care not to let frank die before he's made at least 9 points of stuff dead.
(Cont.)

Riders can run schemes in the backfield or harass a weak target (I like hans) I find they work very well when they Can't conga line into your own stuff.

The performer can lure stuff or if you have a crow and someone is loaded up on poison (say by trixy's buy you a drink or Failing a bunch of actions around brewmaster ) you can declare the "Sip of wine" trigger for a psudo expunge.

If no one wants to come towards the brewmaster you play a small ranged game forcing them to discard cards every turn while getting points for controlling the middle and running schemes.
IF they want to try and bum rush him Francious, Lenny, and trixy can quickly reposition to keep him safe. In fact I would dare say unless there are blast masters on the other side of the team its sometimes smart to huddle up in a drinking party.

Brewmaster is a damage over time tank that makes his crew better due to his obeys and card manipulation. He ain't gonna win any close combat awards unless it's over a couple turns. So don't throw him out there unless you absolutely have to or he has backup.

That help?

that kinda worries me, because I've bought brewie box along with whiskey golem and fermented river monks for theme. And you only use Brewmaster and Wesley form what I have.

Saved your posts to not ask twice for advice, and thanks a lot.

Like I've said before I don't feel that the Brew master "theme" is very good. I think fingers costs too much, and I think that the whiskey golem can only do one thing be in melee and get hit, and any player worth their salt is going to go "yup gonna shoot at that"

Thanks for the advice user. I've seen your list posted here before and i'm slowly trying to build up to it.
Next week i'm going to have to play 50ss games for my league and I don't have much to work with. I've got Brewmaster's box, rooster riders, and the bayou box. I really wanted to paint my models before I move onto getting more... do you think that running some of the bayou gremlins would be that bad? As much as I want to win I don't have the cash to splurge on more dudes.
Pic related, just finished him the other night!

I think you could probably get away with not running a performer in the list, she's really only there for that sip of wine trigger. Replace her with another rooster rider (obey charges are A-maz-ing). Not having Francious is a problem though....I don't know what I would replace him or lenny with.

Hmmm for my next buy do you think I should get. Performer, Trixie, or Francious? I got lenny in the bayou boss box.

Ah, my bad I thought the Bayou box was Mah
I think that the Kin box is very useful because as an "elite" crew most of the models work well by themselves. I think Trixy is the "Must buy" in the faction. She's so versatile that green slag gets around in almost every list (I joke that she's the actual Gremlin totem).

If there are any arcansit players around you ask if they will sell you a performer for like $5 usually they want the manikins out of the boxes more than the girls anyway.

Don't be silly, 10T never win anything. [s]We just take what other people win for ourselves[/s]

Related, I'm looking into doing Jakob Lynch soon. How are the Stitched Together? Specifically, with Recalled Training?

Alright, how about another one?

I'm declaring Ten Thunders, what's your list look like?

> Deployment: Standard
> Strategy: Headhunter
Schemes:
> Leave Your Mark ()
> Hunting Party ()
> Public Demonstration (10)
> Undercover Entourage (2)
> Convict Labor (Always)

Helps if I don't forget the damn picture.

Those are both pretty bitchin' power plays.
The Sonia shenanigans are especially hard to deal with, in my experience - as a Colette player, my girls need them Df triggers.

As a Colette player too, is it actually worthwhile getting Pic Related?
I'm reading that the scheme running and marker generation are strong points of the model, closely followed by the summoning - in part because you need to keep her relatively safe until Turn 3/4, meaning her summons aren't often in great places.
Having said that, being able to drop Metal Gamin in the backlines for Occupy Their Turf, or even just to hold lanes open to run Breakthrough, sounds pretty handy.

Thoughts/advice?