Alright Veeky Forums, what is the absolute most generic DnD/Pathfinder party combination you can think of?

Alright Veeky Forums, what is the absolute most generic DnD/Pathfinder party combination you can think of?

Dwarf fighter, elf ranger, old human wizard, halfling rogue.

Human fighter, elven wizard, Human cleric, halfling rogue.

All male human fighters.

op said generic not best

>"Ahooy!"
>"AHOOY!"

So basically a condensed version of The Fellowship, ie: the ur-Party?

Male human barbarian (Fighters are not actually as generic as axe 'n loincloth barbarians)
Male human rogue (dickass thief)
Male human sorcerer (D&D wizards are actually not that generic when you think about them, sorcerers are simple "now I cast a spell!" mages)
Female human healer (Clerics are far, far more than what you think they are, so the only class that fits with the generic theme is the obscure and generally pathetic Healer)

Half-Orc barbarian
Human wizard
Half-elf ranger
Dwarf cleric
Halfling rogue

Human Wizard
Elf Explorer
Half-Orc Barbarian
Dwarf Fighter
Halfling Bard

For the modern group? Fell's Five.

Nigger, the Fellowship was four Fighters, four Rogues, and one DMPC.

You sure? Legolas seems more like the obvious ranger to me...

fighter/cleric/mage/elf/dwarf is about as generic as you can get

He's a bow-focused Fighter, if we're assigning classes to them.

The only one who acts remotely Ranger-y is Aragorn, so maybe you could argue he's dual-classed.

Overall though assigning D&D logic to LOTR is a fool's errand because nothing in Lord of the Rings is remotely like D&D. I mean, for starters Borimir alone had close to 30 Strength.

BALLS TO THE WALL

>Borimir alone had close to 30 Strength
It's been a while, but I don't remember any great feats of strength. What am I forgetting?

Aragorn is The Ranger. The Ranger in 1e D&D was based off of him, which is why they can eventually use crystal balls to scry

He was just described as having basically superhuman size, strength, and endurance. The guy was able to plow through five feet of snow by himself all the way back down Caradhras.

Tolkien also describes how it took Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas considerable effort to lift and carry his body to a boat. Which wouldn't be too significant if it wasn't for the fact all three of those were also much stronger than a normal person.

Maybe he was half-something?

BALS TO THE WALL

Human blaster-wizard, human sword-and-shield fighter, elf ranger, halfling two-weapon rogue, dwarf healbot cleric.
>wizard has purple wizard robes, dwarf and fighter have heavy armor on regardless of occasion, halfling dresses in green and brown
>elf and dwarf bicker about their race issues, but it never comes to blows
>halfling steals from the party, and his player thinks he's being clever because the others don't know how to approach him about it without breaking the whole campaign
>dwarf will literally never stop going on about dwarven craftsmanship, Moradin's favor, and how much he'd like a drink
>wizard makes vague references to how complicated and powerful magic is
>elf constantly talks about how great elves are and how cool he is for having ranger powers
>fighter's player is usually asleep outside combat, but when he is awake he will try feebly to be the party's moral compass

nah clerics are just healbots

Confirmed for never actually playing a cleric

lol shut up fag

>Pathfinder
Tiefling alchemist
Kitsune magus
Aasimar oracle
Dhampir ninja
and some overpowered homebrew race using some overpowered homebrew class

beholder demilich, aboleth ur-priest, genius loci warblade, solar weapons mistress, atropal truenamer, neutronium golem greenstar adept

This brings back memories.
My first character was a magic-user.

Are any of those classes actually overpowered? I've only played Oracle, and it's just kind of a weaker cleric.

No, but the joke is that because it's Pathfinder, everything must be snowflake.

I mean, I wasn't aware that's a consistent complain levied at Pathfinder. Figured that's a problem with any roleplaying game.

Besides, weren't Tieflings introduced in 4e?

The kitsune bit I get though. /pfg/ is absolute shit.

Elf ranger, human wizard, human paladin, halfling bard

Tieflings were introduced in 2e.

I think Tieflings were in 3.5e.

It is to a Cleric as a Sorcerer is to a Wizard. Lots of spells per day, limited selection.

Shit, last 4 games I've been aging a cleric and I haven't cast a single heal spell. I'm I doing it wrong?

Human Woodsman
Human Magician
Human Kni- Kn- Paladin

no because good parties don't actually need healbots
in fact in 5e parties hardly need to heal at all

Oh, and don't forget the
Furry Footed Burrower

I came here to post this.

>Es not tew bed!

Orc barbarian, elf ranger, human fighter, dwarf cleric. Most consistent group of cliches in fantasy.

Admit it as you read through this you immediately remembered at least one example of each.

>atropal truenamer
Fucking why??

Battle-Finch Robot Monk
Enchanted Motorcycle Battle Felon
Gyrognome Hunter-Strangler
Trans-Kobold Birdrider