Comments about it's supposed racist themes aside, is MYFAROG 2.6 actually any good?

Comments about it's supposed racist themes aside, is MYFAROG 2.6 actually any good?
What are the good parts/bad parts?
Does anyone have a pdf of the game?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/myfarog/type/op/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/myfarog/type/op/
a.pomf.cat/xaandq.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's racist about it?

No one will ever have a pdf, because the only people who claim to have bought a copy are all Varg.

It's made by Varg Vikernes, the famous nationalist, pro-European pagan. A lot of people don't like the themes

He has a fairly devoted fanbase, I'm pretty sure the game is selling.

One of the few things that Veeky Forums can actually agree on is that its shit.

Yes, but why?
And Veeky Forums is so liberal I doubt the constant slamming of the game I see. It's probably no masterpiece, but I don't believe it's as awful as people say it is.

If by Veeky Forums, you mean the Spacebattles neo-Veeky Forums, then certainly

Depends, do you think FATAL is good?

Fucking /pol/lack piece of shit.

Well that's not very kind user. But I started this thread with the intention of talking about MYFAROG's gameplay, not mine or your political views.

And I don't believe FATAL is good, no. It's a mess and poorly explained with missing features. But I know this because I've seen the book. I haven't seen MYFAROG and was wondering if anyone could tell me about it's mechanics, or even give me a pdf, so I can decide if I like it or not.

Nobody has actually played it, and the only reason this system gets posted about on Veeky Forums is to discuss Varg and his political views.

There has not been a single MYFAROG thread on Veeky Forums that does not turn into "Varg and His Opinions: The Thread: Electric Boogaloo." Mark my fucking words, nobody will discuss the system in this thread either.

That's because Varg makes most of these threads, and he will never release a pdf, because he knows that if he does, the only reason anyone has to purchase the book (idle curiosity) will vanish.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/myfarog/type/op/

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/myfarog/type/op/

Notice the pattern.

They usually bitch about the swimming system, if I recall correctly.

I swear if what it takes to stop this madness is to buy the book and scan it, I will do it.

I've purchased several games that I wasn't interested in specifically to share them with Veeky Forums, but even I don't want to buy a copy.

Pic related

I'm looking at the OPs, and while a few of them appear to be very much similar, many are different. While Varg has possibly been trawling for opinions, I don't think it was just him.

So that's the only criticism people have? A little too much autistic simulation? Doesn't sound too bad desu.

Is the whole book printed in Papyrus? Fucking kek.

It isn't too bad. While it mechanically isn't stellar, it is at least better than White Wolf's half assed attempts at game design.

!Not-Norse master race vs. evul !Not-Christians and !Not-Jews, south stuff subhumans.
Very thinly veiled.
That been said, no idea about the rules. I know there were some anons that explained them a bit in earlier threads, but no clue what it was.

See, this is what I'd believe. The game is heavily influenced by Varg's political views and interest in pre-Christian European history, and people get so triggered by that they overblow issues with it

>here is what the races look like to help you choose your character's appearance

If it's based of Scandinavian myth and history, most PCs are gonna be blond or close to it lad. Nothing wrong with that.

Here is The Demise of Watchman Island module for those interested

a.pomf.cat/xaandq.pdf
No official PDF for the rulebook last time I checked

I don't think that it is a bad game. All of my friends are into heavy metal so it is right up our alley. One of the buds I play it with is Jewish, and he doesn't mind that crap. Don't let hot opinions (Which probably aren't based on actually reading, much less playing the game) affect your perception of it OP. This is the same board that discusses 40K and D&D nonstop when both of those games are mechanically garbage.

Racism aside, it's shit. Stop spamming this thread, Varg.

>printed in papyrus
>ridiculous 10 thousand table 'old-school' rpg design
>appears to be too much math or status tracking to be reasonable
>hilarious, cartoonish racism
like I'm pretty lefty trash but while what I have read is, no doubt, racist, it's so overblown and ridiculous that I can't take it seriously. Like his totally not Jewish race has a bonus with handling money. How fucking funny is that? His black people race literally has a bonus for chucking spears. That's hilarious. That's like, awkward great uncle at the family dinner table stuff.
>degree of blondness
my god Vikernes is a comedic genius!

I'm gonna go listen to some Burzum real loud.

It looked like a mix of oldschool dnd and autistically deep simulation games which is something that appeals to me.

And I hadn't thought of the DnD and 40k points. Amusing, I suppose.

>disliking Burzum

Say what you want about Varg, he might be slowly going mad and slipping further down the rabbit hole, but the music he has produced is nothing short of genius.

Get fucked mate, ginger's nothing like blonde.

>the obvious shills in this thread

Holy fuck, can you guys be anymore obvious?
Post the PDF, and then try to tell us it's not a shitty system.

So far, from what's been posted, it's not just got shitty mechanics, but it's written by an absolute amateur.

>Anyone talking about the game is a shill
Please stop posting. A PDF of the game outside of the modules doesn't even exist as has been established.

It's a few editions in, and there isn't a pdf that I can find. I made this thread with the intention of trying to find out more about the game

also
>muh everyone who talks about something I don't like is a shill meme
make a change, kill yourself my man

>anyone with a different opinion from me is a made-up bogeyman!
need a safe space, faggot?

The Mayhem Live at Liepzig album is one of the best live black-metal albums ever recorded. Maybe the best.
Some of his prison-era stuff is a little synth-noodle for me, but man some of his music is just so fucking good.

Sorry, but it's posts like these-

That make me gag by how obvious you are trying to sell us your shitty heartbreaker.

Just fuck off, and quit trying to call attention to your gay idol you faggots.

Assuming it's not just Varg himself. If that's the case, go murder yourself.

It was written by the lovely Varg Vikernes, a black metal singer well known for burning down several churches and stabbing his drummer to death during an argument.
I think he penned it, or at least a part of it, while in prison, in which his hatred on anyone non-white and non-pagan is very clear.

I'm sorry that some people like the idea of playing as heavy metal vikings m80. If the thread offends you so much, report it and then hide it. You are adding nothing to the discussion of the game.

>I don't rabidly condemn Varg for being a white supremacist everytime I post
>therefore I love the guy

To be fair, Euronymous was both a complete cunt and planning to kill him. Doesn't excuse what he did, but someone was going to die between the two of them.

Live at Liepzig is fucking incredible. Dead was amazing, it's a shame he killed himself before producing anything much official.

No one's adding anything to the discussion of the game because no one's played it. We just laugh at how obviously shit it is, and how obviously /pol/ you are.

You could just play bog standard D&D, Pathfinder, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, or countless other games and be a metalhead viking straight off an 80's album cover rather than a shitty racist murderer's game.

Quit trolling, dude, I've seen fucking windows less transparent than you.

>please let me advertise my shitty homebrew in peace!

Fuck off, Varg.

Why shouldn't a made-up race have bonuses for bartering or using ranged weapons?

Oh yeah, the whole band seems to be just a little pocket of hatred, conspiracy, and misanthropy.

>And Veeky Forums is so liberal

Veeky Forums is actually very neutral as a board, with a few outlier posters/threads in both directions. If you think it's liberal, it's probably because you're super-conservative.

Or a tankie, but that seems less likely

You might as well play GURPS if you don't want a game focused on anything specific. If I wanted to play a standard sword and sorcery deal I would go with those games, but MyFAROG is actually tailor made for its purpose.

>Why shouldn't a made-up race have bonuses for bartering or using ranged weapons?

It's not about the bonus, it's about the fact that the made-up race is a thinly-veiled caricature of a real-world race.

>but MYFAROG is actually tailor made for its purpose.
Doesn't make it good, m8.

Varg wasn't part of Mayhem lad. He was just on Euronymous' record label at the time. I mean, the whole scene was involved in each other's projects but he wasn't in the same band.
I'm fairly conservative in some respects, and fairly liberal in others. I like to avoid left and right wing labels personally.
I am in no way a communist. In no way at all. They're one of the few groups I have almost no overlapping beliefs with.
Like Orcs in Tolkien? Or how Watto was a thinly veiled Jewish caricature in the Star Wars prequels? Or how the elves in DnD view their black skinned, incestous and violent cousins as inferior?

That doesn't make fucking Pathfinder or D&D good games either, yet people still play them.

But there aren't any real-world races that all get bonuses to a single activity. Everyone is different.

>Like Orcs in Tolkien? Or how Watto was a thinly veiled Jewish caricature in the Star Wars prequels? Or how the elves in DnD view their black skinned, incestous and violent cousins as inferior?
Those are all universally ridiculed.

Time to dispel some misinformation that people repeat from metalsucks without doing any research
>papyrus
Not since first edition
>charts
The charts from 1e were primarily suggestions for target numbers.

It reminds me of D&D except the main mechanic is 3d6 roll under. I'm DMing for some friends and so far it's running smoothly.

I just have the 2.4 core rules but I'm going to buy 2.6 and all the supplements when he updates The Coming (post apocalyptic/modern setting and rules)

I thought watto was a stereotypical used car salesperson? What does he have in common with Jewish people?

>is this game any good?
>no its shit
>but other people play other shit

yo tru. Doesn't make it not shit tho.

>I just have the 2.4 core rules but I'm going to buy 2.6 and all the supplements when he updates The Coming (post apocalyptic/modern setting and rules)
>but I won't post a scan or anything other than a picture of the front cover in a nondescript environment

I believe you!

Veeky Forums is one of the most libertarian boards on the site, which technically overlaps with liberalism, but not in the caricaturized sense that you mistakenly believe "liberalism" to mean.

I probably wouldn't play something with overtly racist overtones because I myself do not identify with those kinds of values. If you think that makes me a part of your Tumblr / SJW boogeyman, then you need professional help.

Then why would you recommend playing shitty games over this game? Especially when thematically they aren't the same as what people like in MyFAROG? Recommending Pathfinder is never a good thing.

You're either with us or against us. Get genocided.

And yet the media in which they are present are not universally condemned like MYFAROG.

Thanks for your input dude, one of the first useful posts in the thread. Do you mind giving us a quick rundown of some of the mechanics and gameplay?

>Big nose
>Greedy and moral-less
>Middle-eastern accent
>Gains stereotypical beard and hat in the second movie
It's not exactly subtle

I never once mentioned the SJW boogeyman or what I thought liberalism meant. It's the whole PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES thing all over again. You're completely misrepresenting my views.

>waaaaaah I want scans!!!

I can post proofs later but buy it if you want to read it. It's only $10 and it's cheaper if you're European (not a joke it's actually 5 euros over there iirc)

Few people are going to sit next to a scanner for hours pressing their book against it, much less make a decent scan by cutting out individual pages and feeding them through. Deal with it.

>It's a MyFAROG apologist thread
This is like being a FATAL apologist. This game isn't as edgy or quite as incompetent, but it's still totally incompetent. Someone post the swimming shit.

I'd also argue it's absolutely BTFO in terms of its themes by Degenesis.

You have to admit he looks strikingly similar to antisemetic propaganda art.

I never get why the safe space things get trotted out in opposition to "fuck off /pol/" comments, because it is essentially the /pol/ poster asking for a safe space of their own.

>Abloo bloo bloo, an optional table that gives people guidelines on how to generate target numbers means that the whole game is bad

And yet White Wolf gets a free pass with their shitty rules and fluff by merit that they are old and lean left

>And yet the media in which they are present are not universally condemned like MYFAROG.

Because the media don't serve solely to push their authors political views and have other redeeming qualities, both unlike MYFAROG.

Also, Orcs were and have always been representative of raw industrialism and the effect it has on a society. It was outright evil in the setting (against Tolkiens intentions, as it turns out) because they could only survive through constant war, subjugation, and expansion to feed their armies and societies.

None of those things describe Jewish people, except maybe the accent. Have you ever even met a Jewish person, or are you just another pol troll?

>comparing MYFAROG to FATAL

Myfarog is anything but overcomplicated. The rulebook may be poorly organized but the rules are easy.

Degenesis is a great game, but is not entirely what some people might want if they want to play historical/mythical vikings.
>cheaper if you're European
kek

White Wolf games are more competently put together than this one, not that I play them.

No it isn't, faggot. This is our website. Nobody invited you. Go away.

I have meet a Jewish person, yes. We're clearly talking stereotypes, not actual reality.
Compare to the le happy merchant images here this tbqh family

Nah, I don't see it.

So go make threads about how every RPG with different races and skill bonuses are racist, champ.

Then we can all hide it.

I've been here since 2008, and nothing about immigrating here from /reddit/ or /stormfront/ gives you half a shit of a claim.

>Implying
MyFAROG's core resolution system is already much more intuitive than Exalted's convoluted process. Don't kid yourself. The people who hate the game have never even read the rulebook, and only dislike it on the merit of memes.

How is that a stereotype of Jewish people? I've never met or even seen a Jewish person that looks anything like that. You'd have to be a racist to think that image resembles an entire race of people. Stop trolling.

Fuck off. I've been trying to provide factual information but false flagging trolls like you spread the misconceptions.

>Someone post the swimming shit.
Read the thread

>2008
Wow, you're even newer than I thought. Thanks for proving me right, retard. Now kill yourself.

I'm perfectly aware it's a retarded stereotype lad, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

>famous nationalist, pro-European pagan
You forgot murderer and arsonist.

>not as bad than Exalted

wew lad

Thank you for your evaluation Virt.
You are sorely missed.

Okay, so you're actually a racist. Thanks for clarifying that.

Yeah, I concede that I wasn't setting the bar high

>Muh website
>Muh safe space
>Abloo bloo bloo

>he still thinks "safe space" is valid in this context
See, our beliefs and opinions are objectively correct. Because we're simply better than you are. Accordingly, Our spaces are the default, and yours are safe spaces.

An user up thread has already pointed out the tables are optional and designed to provide guidance for deciding target numbers, not exact modifiers that should be stuck too every time. It's a pretty autistic and strange way of doing things, but that's just Varg I suppose.

If you've somehow been here for longer than 8 years and have the idea that Veeky Forums is a unified consensus and not a clusterfuck of different anonymous opinions and trolling made by a guy who was banned from the SA anime forums, I don't know what to say to you. You must be in some deep shell of illusion.

I literally just said I know Jewish people aren't like that and don't believe they are. Just because someone's perception or opinion makes you uncomfortable or is wrong doesn't mean said perception doesn't exist. Anti-Semitic propaganda exists and Watto is very similar to said propoganda.

Nope, still wrong and a faggot. Better luck next time.

t. varg

shut up racist trash boy

I am entirely sure that his sophistry is just another sad attempt at trolling. No need to reply to him.

Too far, dude. You tipped your hand and made it too blatant.

I just wanted to talk about the mechanics guys, if you hate the system for political reasons that's fine but can you please have this argument somewhere else?

The gods will forsake you if you lose your foreskin.

Yes, I am Varg.

All these years and I still fall for blantant bait every now and then.