Have you or your party even engaged in psychological warfare with your opponents?

Have you or your party even engaged in psychological warfare with your opponents?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Our rigger likes to blast shitty music on her drone's speakers to intimidate the enemy.

No, I find letting them know my character is an implacable murder machine is more than enough.

My barbarian makes a conscious effort not to do what her enemies expect. Especially in the (depressingly common, these days) cases where she doesn't want to fight, keeping the supposed enemy of balance and confused is a cornerstone of her strategy.

Then the GM complains about the CN barbarian being too unpredictable and a pain to run games for.

youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o

A guy in our group dumped 20 barrels of liquid shit down a town's well right before a siege once.

>20 barrels of liquid shit down a town's well right before a siege
psychological, not biological

That's less psychological warfare and just straight up poisoning their water supply.

A friend played a brawler in pathfinder that loved to fuck with people's minds.

>Go to fight end boss
>We find the boss's home town
>Find his journal describing how his wife died and he swore to make the world a better place blah blah blah exposition
>Brawler digs up the body that night and hides it in a bag of holding
>tosses the bag at the boss and tells him to open it
>His dead wife's skull looks back at him

All in all it was a fun campaign

I once used the fact that I had figured out my GM's tooth phobia to gain a rollplaying bonus in an intimidate check.

I read that as "our nigger"

Fuck I've been here too long...

My Ranger/Rogue has so many retarded stealth enhancing abilities, feats and items I can hide in anything that isn't direct sunlight and all forms of unnatural light and darkvision can't expose me.

So when it's raining slightly and there is an invisible elf running around the bandit camp throwing paper planes with notes like "This could have been knife" count?

Does casting 'fear' count?

In the first game of D&D I ever DMed for the party bought the eldest son of a poverty-stricken family as a slave.
Then they paid the kid's mother to let them gangbang her, something like 50gp if I remember correctly. They forced the kid to watch.

I don't remember exactly why they did this but I think it was to make me roleplay someone having their soul crushed.

Yes that kid betrayed them to the BBEG

Got advantage on my attacks in the literal first fight of a campaign.

My Paladin figured out that beating Imps to death with still-living (grappled) Imps was juuuust terrifying enough to shake their willpower, but not make them flee.

Are you making the game all about you? Are you sulking and brooding in a corner while the party gets annihilated and begs for your help? Do you refuse to take hooks because of all of this angst? I'd be annoyed by that too.

Absolutely.
Deny the enemy sleep.
Convince them the area is cursed/haunted.
Convince them their leader/underlings will abandon/betray them.
Slander a potent member of the enemy forces, planting evidence that they have defected to our side. Rescue them from their impending execution. Make our libel come true as they realize we are their only allies left.

Friend played a bard who would freestyle a few lines insulting our enemies every time his turn came around. He could actually rap so he would use the time between his turns to think of what to say and freestyle the lines while he rolled.

Best was when he learnt how to speak to animals and did some verse about how the bear we were fighting sucked at catching fish which made him unappealing to perspective mates.

No, the GM is, sorta. Absolutely not. No.

In our last session, the party was engaged in combat directly outside a magic barrier I couldn't cast out of, and I wasn't going to step into the melee. We had a hostage who we had hoped could be a bargaining chip, who I chose to finish off so they couldn't capitalize off the chaos. As a shot in the dark, I pushed her corpse out of the barrier to demoralize the opponent, and the enemy leader fell to his knees and sobbed- they had been squatting in this cave for months and fallen in love. His throat was promotly torn out by a summoned hound.

Not really psychological warfare, but one member of our circle is good at talking sense into otherwise kind of psychotic villians

Tried to make a Fighter that utilised it in Pathfinder, although it wasn't really for a fight, somuchso as to avoid fighting.

Our party was walking through the woods, and the DM introduced a small party of adventurers to us. Long story short, we found out one guy' had mysterious magical powers, but he's an amnesiac...etc' and was being held captive by the other party members. I led our party to save the character, because the DM obviously made him vital to the plot so we made our escape with the guy and I intimidated his captors to not follow us or we'd break their bones and parade them around at the flogging post in the beggar's quarter in the capitol.

Next town over I take the plot character to the side and try to get details of his backstory, then the town's local tailor, comes in and tries to split us away, thinking I'm robbing the guy somehow.

This is where I messed up and I used an intimidate check to tell her that bad things could happen if she were to take in strangers, hoping to scare her away from our conversation. I got a (nat17 + 18) in Intimidate bonuses, and the DM had her go out, get several armed guards that were described as level 20s who surrounded me, weapons drawn and forcefully took the plot character away during my turn. It did not end well.

this is a story about MTG, but you can still psych out opponents

>playing casual, as no LGS=no singles=no meta
>opponent is playing mono green devotion
>I'm playing Red/green ramp
>I keep casting fog whenever he swings with his massive army of 10/10s or something.
>I have a monstrous polis crusher and a satyr way finder, and no fogs left
>but I do have these two roar of challenges that I got the other day
>cast roar of challenge on satyr, swing for 8
>all of my opponents beefsticks (that he held back due to the fog fear) have to block a 1/2 that won't die
>he takes 7, down to 6
>his turn
>he stares me down
>"do you have a fog or not, user?"
>[while smiling] "maybeeee?"
>he doesn't attack
>my turn
>roar of challenge on satyr
>swing for 7, he's down to -1
>gg

If I didn't scare my opponent into thinking I had a fog, I would've lost that game.

>Town Guards
>Level 20
WTF M8?
Also, successful intimidate checks make the person pliant for the scene, then hostile.
Shit tier DM.

Yes, we once told a female villain with severe issues "You know what happens to girls who are bad.", the same thing her father told her before abusing her.

Ultimately, one of the PCs killed her by polymorphing into her father and beating her to death with a belt. If you think I'm joking, you haven't seen my players.

I veto'd one of them from shapeshifting into her mother because holy shit, a line has to be fucking drawn somewhere.

Different user, but obviously the tailor was also level 20 and a 35 wasn't enough to intimidate her. For plot reasons, of course.

What the fuck kind of games are you running