How would you work mommy issues into the backstory of a BBEG?

How would you work mommy issues into the backstory of a BBEG?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU
wikibound.info/wiki/Giygas
zyguy.imgur.com/clarissa_comics
imgur.com/a/BKvA7
youtube.com/watch?v=HeOY8QO-COc
ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.aspx?ID=167327
classics.mit.edu/Sophocles/oedipus.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympias
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do I have to? Or want to? What's the payoff if I do?

Blatant Oedipus expy. Hell, the group might not even call me out on it.

My current PC has massive daddy issues and a slight older sister complex.

Is that enough?

>mother was a goddess
>who got raped by a mortal

Mother issues out the ass starting from that.

How the fuck?

Look at something like Dagda and Danu in celtic mythology

yes, I am playing SMTIV:A

She likes EDM, but he's into thrashcore

youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU

>Mother's an abusive cunt
>BBEG killed her out of desperation, and this set him on the track of evil
Or, alternatively:
>Mother was her own BBEG
>The current BBEG was pressured by her into succeeding her
>He doesn't want to be the bad guy
>but feels like he's too involved to walk away

Pull a "She could have been like a mother to me!"

>Clarissa
That Clarissa?

one of your players with mommy issues might get some sort of closure.

Make the PC his mother, the shenanigans the party gets up to embarrasses him so he has to put an end to that.

How would I work mommy issues into the backstory of a BBEG?

The BBEG is the mommy.

>That Clarissa?
well it certainly aint the one that explains it all

Basically Sephiroth

Mommy was overly loving and permissive.
In rebellion, BBEG grew up to be an uptight, repressed control-freak.

Probably. Same bangs.

Already did that, except his backstory isn't party knowledge.
Two half-dragon boys were born of rape to a barbarian queen, she emotionally abused the two and physically beat the scrawny younger one.
Needless to say, this didn't help his CE tendencies, and it took the intervention of an Ancient Silver Dragon to attempt to fix things. It didn't work, and the family bickering culminated in the older brother finally having enough and snapping Mommy Dearest's neck after she nearly killed his brother.
The older brother ended up killing the Red Dragon father later on as well, but he ended up surprisingly well-adjusted after join the party that eventually ended up slaying a Tarrasque-sized monster. The younger brother, however, ended up getting bent over fate's knee after abusing his education on horrid experiments that got him kicked out of wizard college. From there, his unfortunate lack of wisdom and luck ended up turning him from merely amoral to a total maniac obsessed with proving himself, revenge, magical experimentation of the worst kind, and manipulating other people.

>Same bangs.
*snerk*

wikibound.info/wiki/Giygas

Is there more to that pic?

>his mother was never really a part of his life, and he didn't really take after his father
>the concept of motherhood began to intrigue him, because he didn't understand it from either side of the relationship
>after he found the (artifact), he started a bunch of social experiments to try and collect data on it
>it didn't go well, and thousands are dead
>and now there's some fey entity screwing with his head going all "why don't you just use (artifact) to turn yourself into a woman so you can experience it yourself?"
>so of course this thing has some kind of mind control that only works on women, because of COURSE
>and it wants (artifact) for something
>but it turns out BBEG has no idea how to really use the artifact, and is just remembering which button presses do (thing that the social experiments revolve around, probably some kind of invasive scrying)

>tl;dr one guy who never had a mommy is about to screw up big-time and/or hand over (artifact) to someone who actually knows how to use it, either way millions will die

Jab: a model life

Also Seymour from FFX.

God dammit

>hair and eye color are completely wrong

Fucking fanart.

Mom is the dragon. Ruin her son's schemes and you're getting stamped out.

>Mommy was overly loving and permissive.
>In rebellion, BBEG grew up to be an uptight, repressed control-freak.
As if that would ever happen.
h-haha

Mommy was a shitty noble and shitty mother to BBEG, but later became powerful, affluent and most distressingly more wise while raising BBEG's younger sibling, causing BBEG to have double sided issues with their brother and their mother and perhaps even their stepdad who might be the cause of mommy's newfound outlook.

Bonus points if the mother is the beloved queen

I am confused, what am I missing here?

Like this.

You REALLY don't want to know.

now I really do.

Clarissa is slice-of-life a comic about the daily life adventures of a little girl... who is regularly molested by her father.

This sort of happened with one of my BBEGs, weirdly enough. It wasn't her core motivation, but it was certainly an interest of hers. Her rationalization and extremism towards the matter are symptoms of her evil.

>Be the adopted child of a powerful warlock, love him as if he were your own father.
>He dies when you are young, you are raised by his servants.
>You seek out information on the group that had him executed.

>The group included your biological father, who is seen as a war hero to his nation and a tyrant to those whose lands he conquered.
>His former allies had an impressive resume as well, some even more so.
>You seek out information on your father, hoping to glean some meaning into his decision to oppose the man who adopted you.
>Turns out his wife is actually your mother, confusing you tremendously.
>Setting aside your curiosity towards your father, you investigate your mother.

>She used to be one of his concubines before she betrayed him and fled.
>You were a child she bore him and handed off to be adopted instead of either raising herself or returning to your father.
>You feel as though you were abandoned or even discarded, a bit of resentment stirring in your heart.

>It turns out they have a son, who is doted upon by his (now reformed) mother .
>He is effectively a prince, has everything you were 'denied', and is his father's pride.
>Despite everything you inherited from your adoption, you feel cheated of your mother's love and the chance to meet your true father.

>Why should they enjoy a happy family life and leave you behind?
>You will punish your mother, bring your father to heel, and prove yourself superior to your brother.
>It's an insufficient form of justice, but perhaps it will fill the void.

zyguy.imgur.com/clarissa_comics

Read this later on so I don't ruin your ENTIRE day.

I can't wait to forget that.

Dye and contacts.

Don't tell me she wouldn't take every measure she could to distinguish herself from her family

Party of epic level murder hobos, thought it would be ironic to reverse the status quo instead of just killing the god

I shall share with you both a gift and a curse
imgur.com/a/BKvA7

Take a look at Psycho and apply that insanity to your BBEG. Easy peasy

>Kids father fucks off when he is young
>Mother raises kid
>Mother is overprotective as fuck
>Mother does things the kid doesn't know about
>The kings guard kills the mother in front of the kid
>Kid vows revenge
>Kid finds necromatic tome
>Kid becomes necromancer with plans to sacrifice the kings life to bring his mother back
>Kings last words were how fucked up the kids mom was with proof
>Mother comes back to life fucked up and a hollow shell ala FMA
>Kid goes insane unable to handle that his mother was a drug addict whore of a thief and that she didn't come back to life whole believing the gods themselves are conspiring against him

Done. That took like 5 seconds of thinking. Give me a harder one OP.

Well, that was a good read.

I know I'm going to regret this, but... source?

This guy fucking knows.

>BBEG was a prince
>His parents died because [reasons]
>Now a young orphan, the new king is mostly politically sidelined, used purely as a symbol and sees the nobles fight for more power and influence in the realm
>He might as well not exist in the eyes of most of his subjects, save for the kind, young maid who continues to raise him
>He begins to see her as the only trustworthy person, a motherfigure and -as he grows older- a love interest
>[Implied /ss/ optional, though not neccessary. It can even be a one-sided crush]
>After some years the king is now a man, and doesn't waste any time in re-establishing his power and severly punishing all those who dissent, dissented at some point or are suspected of dissenting
>What starts out as a campaign to rout out corruption becomes a paranoid tyranny
>Retains severe admiration for, love of and even an obsession with the maid
>Over time the maid sides with the PCs, passing on important information about the king and helping them sabotage his efforts from the inside
>This is because she no longer considers the king the kind, innocent boy he once was, but a monster
>After his inevitable death she spends the rest of her life in mourning. She does not blame the PCs though, because she knows the man she loved was already dead by the time the PCs got involved

>Jab
Great artist, garbage storyteller

Too many of my players have issues with there mother for me to risk playing this straight and
Is a little too close to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=HeOY8QO-COc

While mommy issues for the BBEG is retarded there is nothing wrong about Oedipus really. He married some old woman who was the wife of the previous king. He had no idea she was his mother since he was raised by completely different people. The whole point of the story of Oedipus is that it was doomed to happen, not that fucking your mom is good.

Poor kid

Oedipus would make a really good half-BBEG
In D&D terms he would have great physical stats and charisma, decent intelligence but horrible wisdom. He wants to be noble but he has trouble controlling his temper and has a tendency to blame other people for his mistakes. He wants to be a good king to his people but he will murder you and your servants if you tell him to get off the road.

He also has unbalanced luck: The first half of his life will be blessed the last half will be horrible cursed. On top of this the curse is hereditary, shared by his parents and passed on to his children.

>Also for those that haven't read Oedipus:
Oedipus really doesn't want to fuck his mom. A prophet once told him he would kill his father and fuck his mother. To avoid this he tried to get as far from home as possible. Along the way some old guy tries to push him off the road. Oedipus kills him.

Eventually Oedipus arrives at Thebes and saves it from a Sphinx. The people praise him as a hero and ask him to be king since their own has mysteriously died. Part of being king is getting to marry the old king's widow. In this case it's Jocasta, a fucking bangin MILF. Oedipus accepts

He eventually finds out he was adopted. His biological father left him for dead after an oracle told him that his son would kill him and fuck his wife.
By the time he learns this he's already had four kids with Jocasta.

So he tries to kill her. She beats him to it by hanging herself. So he gouges his eyes out with her brooch.
He becomes crazy wandering wiseman, lead around by his daughter.
It's ironic that a man so dedicated to not fucking his mom would not only fuck his mom but would have wanting-to-mom-fucking named after him. No peace for Oedipus, not even in death.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Don't take the "doomed" quality, the 4 extra points aren't worth it.

Also, didn't Oedipus get cursed because his dad raped a kid?

Well his dad did rape a kid but it's likely the curse goes back even before that. The Oedipus trilogy is the only surviving bit we have of what was likely a much longer epic.

It's possible that the family curse is broken by Antigone, the daughter that lead Punished Oedipus around.
>STORY GOES:
Her uncle Creon got the job of King after her older brothers killed each other. They fought over who would be king, one was kicked out and came back with and army. Creon had taken the winning side and wanted send a message to the people about loyalty to the king. So being the fedora-lord he is he denied the losing brother the sacred right of burial.

Antigone figured that was fucked up. Everyone gets a burial, even if they're a dick. It's the rule the gods made and the rule that all greeks follow, even kings. So she went out and tried to bury him.
Creon caught her and told her if she did it again he would have her executed because its now illegal to bury that particular body. She says 'fuck you, everyone has to follow these rules even you.' He says 'fuck the gods, I'm the king, the ends justify the means, don't bury that body.'
So she buries the body.
So Creon executes her.

Also Creon's son was in love with her so he kills himself too.

And it seems that the gods were pleased.

I think the general idea Sophocles was getting at was:
Kings aren't special. If a king does wrong by the gods he get's punished just like everyone else. The king doesn't get a moral 'get out of jail free' card just for being king.

So something about humility. Anitogne is the only one in Oedipus's family who seems genuinely self-sacrificing and capable of contemplating complex moral problems. She's also the only one who isn't a perfect warrior-hero-ruler.

So the thing might be an ubermensch deconstruction.
I'd sugest Veeky Forums read the plays for themselves. Easier than shakespeare and really relevant to fantasy stuff.

>punished oedipus

Spoiler The old guy was actually the king going on some incognito business.

user, this is Greek mythology we're talking about, gods don't give people shit for raping kids, they give them high-five if anything.

>The old guy was actually the king going on some incognito business
In a lot of the tellings it wasn't even incognito. He had a bunch of servants and sometimes a crown. Oedipus is just too caught up in his rage to notice the guy he's killing was royalty.
He doesn't even remember it until Jocasta brings up how her husband and his servants were killed at a crossroads. She assumes it was a band of savage bandits.
Just two scenes before Oedipus is talking about how by his command the king's killer will be found and punished no matter who he is!

Like this.

Post the rest.

simple, single mothers are one of the greatest contributing factors to criminal behavior, near half of the US prison population comes from single mother households, especially arsonists.

Don't bring up the BS unverified study.

Not him, but you sound upset.
ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.aspx?ID=167327

You have to choose: either you choose for the feminist fantasy where women can do everything and men are redundant, or you have to accept the horrid, dystopian idea that fathers actually have an important role to fulfill within the family unit that cannot be marginalized.

And that's the thing: nobody wants to admit we have a problem because it would mean that women can't do everything and can't have it all. We're screwing up an entire generation (and most likely multiple generations after that) because we don't want to hurt the feelings of women.

Except its not one study? Not even liberals deny that single mothers almost inevitably raise criminals. They simply don't talk about it. That user was right.

He has it pretty good actually

While you have a point that kids growing with single mothers are more likely to become criminals, there's no solid indication that one is the cause and the other is direct consequence. Both of those may be consequence of kid being fathered by a nigger.

>tfw we had a player marry his mom and have kids
>tfw not even oedipal because they both knew

wew lad, barely made sense in context, but was a nice big fuck you to the DM. Still think it was weird though.

You raise an incredibly valid point.

We tried to warn you.

>You have to choose: either you choose for the feminist fantasy where women can do everything and men are redundant, or you have to accept the horrid, dystopian idea that fathers actually have an important role to fulfill within the family unit that cannot be marginalized.

because the world isn't complicated and those are the only two options

You do realize that's actually from the retarded mandatory minimum laws you have in your country, if someone is carrying a little more then four ounces, they can be convicted up to fifteen years in prison.

You do realize that the vast majority of these kids are doing things far worse than selling a few ounces of drugs? The connection between serious felonies and single motherhood is very well documented.

classics.mit.edu/Sophocles/oedipus.html

Then, lady,--thou shalt hear the very truth--
As I drew near the triple-branching roads,
A herald met me and a man who sat
In a car drawn by colts--as in thy tale--
The man in front and the old man himself
Threatened to thrust me rudely from the path,
Then jostled by the charioteer in wrath
I struck him, and the old man, seeing this,
Watched till I passed and from his car brought down
Full on my head the double-pointed goad.
Yet was I quits with him and more; one stroke
Of my good staff sufficed to fling him clean
Out of the chariot seat and laid him prone.
And so I slew them every one.

When I first read Oedipus in class I got into a fairly heated argument with my teacher about free will. I contended that the gods prophecy turned was a kind of infernal machine because they had to know what the effects of the prophecy would be. So it was all a massive trap, laid, with perfect foreknowledge, to destroy what was then an infant. He contended that it was punishment for hubris, and they could have chosen not to respond. Anyway, long story short I wound up with an A in English that year largely because my teacher wasn't a dick about it.

Also, if you want BBEG mother issues? At least from the Persian perspective, Alexander the Great.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympias

His mom is a crazy snake fucker. His dad is the brutally grizzled warrior from a distant province who builds this massive army. The mom raises the devoted son with the idea that he's the son of a god. The chosen one. Fills his head with these bloody barbarian myths about the glory of slaughter. The mom has the dad assassinated so that the son inherits the battle hardened army of brutal barbarian killers. Then this demon king, this fiend in human shape, proceeds to smash the empire of Cyrus, that most vast, most merciful, most glorious, most enlightened state and bring forth a new age of barbarism and violence.

>BBEG is literally the combined dead rage and nightmare of an entire dead multiverse after it got torn apart by outer gods and turned into an undead nightmare existence hellbent on dragging all new life back into a perpetual dream death where nothing can exist ever again but repeated lives, personified as a female entity who has already traumatized and issue'd an entire war party who can't even remember their own parents anymore, only her, as their past slowly begins to fade into nothing

I got it covered ok.

Momma's boy isn't really the same thing as mommy issues tho

...wait, is this a fanfic of THAT Clarissa?

...motherfucker.

Ed Gein

The original Clarissa comic is heart wrenching, but this? As sick as I'm sure it sounds, but this turns my submissive side on, if I self insert myself as the boy. Rape itself is a disgusting thing, but at the same time being that level of powerlessness really turns me on and makes my heart flutter
I was raised normally, too. Sans medical issues

Postulate zero of any kinky fantasy. "This could happen and be a fun and sexy thing, rather than being a harrowing and brutal trauma that would scar me forever."

So yeah, mommy Clarissa finding that she has a helpless and dependent male body at her disposal, and deciding to deconstruct it and see what makes it tick, what drove it to do what a male body once did to her would be utterly brutal in the real world.... and hot as FUCK.

Oh, I never said it isn't scarring. I'm just that big of a sadomasochist that the mere thought of myself in the situation as the helpless and abused person turns me on. If I actually went through said events, not so much. Only time I ever really admit that kind of fucked up kink is when I have a shred of anonymity. At least I'm not a diaper wearing furry.

It's the idea of corruption of innocence and total control that turns me on, but it's always in a controlled environment with proper aftercare. It's why I'm into Loli, DD/lg, shota both gay and straight (though the art style has to be visually appealing), and the more popular and vanilla by comparison age play. Actual instances of rape, child pornography, molestation, etc. disgust me and anger me.

Toddlercon is still pretty fucking gross though.

I don't think the curse was broken.

After all, Ismene got to live through all that, and Creon wouldn't execute her despite her desire to die with her sister.

>It's okay if a woman does it
This is why Clarissa will never go to jail, her son will end up continuing the vicious cycle, but he will go to jail where an inmate called "Big Bear" will rape him in the showers every day until he suspects the boy of being a snitch and shanks him to death with a sharpened toothbrush he hid up his anus.

At this point I'm not even mad. It's all in the line of expectation. I'm just disappointed.

But that's the thing; if it's nonconsensual between an adult and a minor below the age of consent, or just nonconsensual, I'll support their going to jail regardless of their gender or social standing. If it's two adults who consent to role play something that in no way harms anyone, and they do it healthily with keywords and aftercare, it's fine.

I'd like to be clear. It's not about gender or anything else. It's about that fantasy. The fantasy that makes blood pump to your genitals harder and longer than anything else. That fantasy that, whatever it is, you know would get you or whoever did it to sent to jail if it was carried out.

What differentiates a healthy person from someone who probably needs 24/7 supervision is the acknowledgement that however hot it gets you, it would be a horrific thing in the real world.

Basically ask /d/ or /aco/ about Josef Frizl or Ariel Castro to see a demonstration or what I'm talking about.

Bless you, /co/. You're still good sometimes.

Clarissa is a comic about a young girl who gets molested by her father and her mother does nothing about it because she's a depressed alcoholic

>mummy issues
TURN UNDEAD!

this is my favorite traditional game

Trevor is easily the worst written character in the whole GTA series.

>Ismene
Ismeme

Waitwaitwait!

THAT Clarissa?

Ed Kemper.

>two adults who consent to role play something that in no way harms anyone, and they do it healthily with keywords and aftercare
Which it clearly isn't in the above

Maybe he's an manlet

I don't support the actual act of rape or molestation, and would do everything in my power to help victims of such.

I DO support couples who decided to role play such things, so long as it is consensual and safety is taken into consideration.
If 6ft, or 182.88 cm, is manlet, what constitutes a man?

Yeah but Ismene was essentially just a normal person. Aside from being pretty she doesn't have the noble qualities of her father and grandfather, she doesn't have incredible luck or Antigone's will. She also doesn't intervene in any important events.
And she at least offered to go with Antigone, so even if she is a normie, she's at least a normie with a decent heart.

My figuring is the curse wasn't broken by Oedipus's children dying so much as their willingness to die for a cause without madness or ruin to motivate them.

Antigone turned down the easy life the gods had offered her in exchange for painful duty to the perceived common good. Oedipus didn't actually learn humility or the price of duty until after he had been ruined. His daughter took initiative and fucked up her own shit before the gods could get to her.

Ismene basically lives to carry on what's left the family blood.