What Space Marine chapters have the comfiest home planets? The Dark Angels being the antithesis of comfy, as an example

What Space Marine chapters have the comfiest home planets? The Dark Angels being the antithesis of comfy, as an example.

Ultramarines have the comfiest.

I dunno, I find something comfy about floating through space in a huge space station.

Salamanders have the comfiest in the imperium

Space marines don't do "comfy"

Sorry, I understand what I want.

But dark Templars have the absolute largest chapter and so you'd never be lonely or confused. I Believe that the word bearers when they were loyalists were the absolute comfiest considering they would purge the least and ended up mostly reading quietly and helping build/rebuild worlds in the glory to the emperor. They were most certainly a civic chapter that could be considered a gross misuses of super soldiers but they definitely had it the easiest.

If you like Vikings and drinking and partying then space wolves had it good as well.

Asmodai would like to have a COMPLETELY PEACEFUL AND NONTHREATENING discussion with you about your opinions on the Dark Angels

I don't think he means the chapter proper, I think he means the recruiting worlds.

Ultramar worlds would probably have the highest standard of living among many space marine recruiting worlds. The Ultramarines rely more on standardized military training and propaganda rather than horrid trials by fire in order to provide a steady flow of recruits.

Meanwhile, places like Nocturne and Fenris are absolute fucking shitholes ecologically, where you'll be lucky to not melt/freeze or get eaten by a dragon/wolf before adulthood. Of course, the shittiness of these places is offset by the fact that they're protected by some of the nicest dudes in the Imperium, who even try to improve the day to day fight for survival.

Then there are chapters who are assholes and recruit from shitholes, and assholes who recruit from average places/everywhere.

If you're just an average joe/failed aspirant, you'll want to be living in Ultramar, no matter what Ultramarine haters say. It's all the best parts of the Imperium minus (most of) the shit.

The whole 500 worlds of Ultramar are all supposed to be utopias. Considering that the rest of 40k is fucked, that's saying something.

Aah yes, paradise worlds.

If op wanted to chill out I'm sure the imperium has some really frivolous and hedonistic worlds that are kept for high caste members. Of course they have never been properly described since it's just a boring vacation resort near the strong corners of military protection and economic prosperity.

If you wanted to imagine a paradise world in the imperium I'm sure there are some like one endless Tokyo continent or one that is literally all new Zealand tier.

>absolute largest
user, 1200 is a bit of a stretch for largest? That's a little less than the Exorcists, since they have two scout companies.

Have a source for that number? Last I checked they had an unconfirmed quantity of Astartes ranging a few more than that which all split to different reaches of imperial hot zones to avoid the inquisition.

Comfy is being close to dangerous and yet safe from them somehow.
Obvious dangerous element is cold weather and snow.
So Space Wolves maybe?

>he doesn't know
You poor user. They were retconned into having less than 1300 men ever since they were founded, and have never had more than that at their peak. When people didn't believe this, the author said so on his facebook and said that it was a decision by the higher ups.

tl;dr They got retconned by GW.

Also they're ok with librarians and the other neccesary psykers, but refuse to use them.

Being an Eldar Ranger would be maximum comfy. Wander the galaxy and the Webway, alone or with a merry band of outcasts eager to experience the thrill of exploration. You could visit alien worlds long devoid of life and learn their history from the ruins left behind. You could visit peaceful virgin worlds that haven't yet felt the touch of Chaos or the harsh talons of war.

Honestly just being any Eldar might be, aside from the fear of being consumed by Slaanesh, but I suppose over your hundreds of years of life you accept it as inevitable or cling to the hope generated by Ynnead and your soulstone.

I say this because I can't think of any Space Marine "comfy" planets. Fenris is frigid (but the Fang might be pretty nice and cozy and filled with hearty laughter and ale) yet it might be the best of the lot.

Meridian seemed like a nice place to live.

I'd say the Dark Angels are pretty comfy actually.

>Giant space cathedral
>Huge ass library
>Can fly away if it's danger
>Lots of shit to explore
>Big damn castle to gawk at
>Chunk of an entire continent to walk around on
>No common civilians or other rabble to annoy you, just Chapter Serfs
>Pretty scenic views to look at (space)
>You live in the most powerful mobile fortress in the Imperium, safe as hell

>Step in the wrong place, you get "dissapeared"

Aw that's shitty.

But I'm a wikia newfag so I should know my place instead of making posts with my limited knowledge. Thanks for explaining user.

Rock is comfy as fuc u fuckers

I assume white scars' is pretty "comfy" I never heard any part of the planet being particularly shitty.

It's okay user. At least you didn't sperg out like a whole bunch of people did back when it was new, and claimed that in-universe he was only saying that because chapter size limits.

Anons don't know that the Crusade Chapter thing is just fanon/headcanon. Anons also don't know that the BT never really followed the Codex in the first place.

The same thing happened with Alpha Legion anons when Dorn killed the real Alpharius for reals.

Nocturne is a volcanic shit hole.

Fuck GW, Black Templar have 3 to 6k marines my nigga. GW only exists these day to make 40k worse, fuck what they say. fuck any fluff past 4e.

row row fight the powah

Well a coffin is pretty comfy too...

They wanted to end the Alphameme once and for all.

>Snow
>Mountains
>Wind
>Northern Lights
>Fat, tasty game for daily feasts
>Fearsome natural predators for training

The Space Wolves have the comfiest planet, for a Space Marine, especially for a Space Wolf.

Gay Furry detected.

>Another turbo autist getting triggered by the words "Space" and "Wolf" next to each other.

>giant statue of a winged wolf
By the Emperor, this is retarded

>ctrl+f "Iron Snakes"
>0 Results

It's hard to beat a sunny ocean world for comfiness.

this

>a chapter of turbo autists furry enough to name LITERALLY FUCKING EVERYTHING after wolves :^)

If we include Veeky Forums chapters; Conservators.

They literally get to live in comfy villages with their family in between assignments.

Sneaky.

>Ultramarines have the comfiest.
Save for that mild bug infestation;

Save for that minor carcinogenic radiation lethal to anyone who's not a native or augmented.

This guy has the right idea.

What Traitor Marines are the best to hang out with?

Weirdly enough, it might be the Night Lords. At least if ADB is to be believed.

Night lords sometimes value their slaves. I think that's the best a human can hope for

Totally objective and not at all arbitrary ranking of best hangout buddies.

Night Lords > Alpha Legion > Black Legion > Thousand Sons > Word Bearers > Iron Warriors > World Eaters > Death Guard > Emperor's Children

I imagine the warbands not affiliated with any particular god to murder-rape you in order to gain their favour are pretty chill.

I couldn't tell you who's the best, but I can tell you that the Emperor's Children are no doubt the worst.

It's not that retarded. Now a giant lion with the head of an eagle and wings to match would be retarded

*cough Howling Griffons cough*

Well the Iron Warriors do play Warhammer so that might be a plus.

Salamanders probably because they get to hang out with real people.
Ultramarines are probably a close second though.
Also Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons had a killer paradise planet

And also some bullshit with SHIFTING gravity. That makes no fucking sense.

Some nice agri-world chapter

>Black Templar have 3 to 6k marines my nigga.
I'd heard numbers as high at 15k being discussed here years ago.

>Save for that mild bug infestation;
They killed it to death so hard the imperium thought the tyranids were completely extinct until kraken showed up, far from macragge.

don't forget that their numbers also contain...DIGGANOBZ!

Macragge is pretty rocky and bleak. It's nicer than a lot of others, in some of the lowlands at least, but it's not exactly a pleasure planet.

Let me see... Storm Wardens? Their home planet, Sacris, is under a quarantine, but there's not actually a plague that I remember, and down on said planet it's basically Scotland everywhere. Probably gets wet a lot, but otherwise it ain't horrible.

I'll also go out on a limb and suggest Chogoris (White Scars) as pretty okay. Fertile world, pretty lush, has decently sized oceans, mountains, lots of grasslands. I'd probably take it over Macragge, actually.

Salamanders are pretty tightly-knit with the civilian population of the planet, but Nocturne itself is shit.

Night Lords.

That's from an allusion/speculation that they were approaching smaller Legion levels.

I personally prefer them to have between 6-8k (10k at the longest outlier), and they just don't get caught in one place with more than a few hundred to the "full" thousand at a time.

>ctrl +f rynn
>0 results
>ctrl + f crimson
>0 results
sons, i am disappoint. pre-incident crimson fists' rynn's world was damn comfy

id say the grey knights, just chillin on titan in the most fortified and well defended solar system in the imperium
followed by imperial fists, chillin on an overcrowded fairly bleak Terra

Dork Angels don't employ chapter serfs, just servitors as they're paranoid about their secrets getting out

Why don't the other CSM just eradicate EC from the EoT? Everyone seems to agree that the EC are complete shit.

Because while everyone agrees that EC in particular are complete shit, the EC are also not enough of a problem that anyone feels like putting their differences aside and work together to exterminate the EC from one of the most difficult to traverse regions of space in the known universe. Basically, they're very frustrating, but not frustrating enough for anyone to want to put in the work required to get rid of them. And sometimes they're useful, or else they wouldn't get called on when a Black Crusade is launched.

It was retconned anons, in the newer books it states their numbers are at like 1200, I understand your upset though, btemps like all sons of Dorn are still fucking awesome.