Are these things only going to go down in value? Should I sell now or wait a bit?

Are these things only going to go down in value? Should I sell now or wait a bit?

Motherfucking image flip

They might for a little bit, but I would still hold on to it. It will DEFINATELY hike up in price in a year or two.

Compare them to expeditions. The shitty lands than no one wanted went down, the rest have stayed pretty much put. I pulled an overgrown tomb about a week or two after release, and it's been ~$75 since the day i got it. I would expect that greaves will stay reasonablely similar, maybe go down a bit.

But if you wait 5 years it'll probably go up.

where do you buy copied magic cards I just want to game at a good price.

Definitely*

Don't buy copies, they're really obvious and you can get banned from stores for using them

Just get some friends together and each buy a deck-builders toolkit. Make some decent decks with the cards you get and play each other. Once you've done that for a month or two buy a booster box between your friends and split the packs, add the new cards to your growing collection and add any cool ones to your decks.

If you don't have friends then just go to drafts at your FLGS, they're pretty cheap to enter and you get a bunch of new cards.

The hobby doesn't have to be incredibly expensive to be fun.

Unless you want to sit on it for five years or more, sell it ASAP.

Price starts high, then tanks like a brick, then slowly climbs forever.

Most Chinese counterfeits are easily good enough the there's basically zero chance of getting called out in a local game store environment.

Do you think any of the fucks in your store know the difference between font thickness and shit that are the usual tells?

Actually yes. Have you met that autistic nerds who play this game?

No we haven't met you and your boyfriend

Yes. 100% yes. The ones that see modern/legacy play won't drop as much (both swords, chrome mox, mox opal, lotus petal, maybe vial) but everything else will collapse as people realize that the masterpieces are about 2.5x more common than WotC stated and the market floods.

what do you think the maximum price is going to be and which card would it be. Opal ?

These will drop down a little bit further. By the time Game Day and Pro Tour Kaladesh comes, they will be at their lowest due to the sheer amount of packs opened. Plus these are Artifacts and not Lands like the Expeditions, therefore they're not universally good and they're a lot more niche, which will tank their price even further.

no I want fakes and I don't care about shops ill use them there until the funs over.

are fakes a fixed value no matter the card? where do ou get that I guess only cost would be shineys?

Down. Remember everyone is going after the vaults and crypts.

Okay next question, should I put the money towards a booster box or pic related for my Captain Sisay EDH deck?

I just want a painters servant

Not to play, just to look at and admire

Yes but only if counters and or exile is not heavy in your meta.

Exile is not heavy but removal and destruction is extremely prevalent in my group, so I know she'd be hella good. Although the thought of getting a whole booster box for close to the same price I paid for my fat pack (I got two fast lands and a few other decent rares in my packs that I'll also be selling) is almost too much to pass up. It seems wrong to buy one single card when that's an option.

Opal will probably end up as the highest card. It's 168 now, it'll probably stablize at 125. Mana vault/mana crypt will end up around 50-75.

Don't listen to
I've been using hq fakes for over 4 years and nobody has batted an eye. Browse around on the web, usually labeled "proxies" for legal purposes and are almost indistinguishable especially when sleeved. Buying them straight from the supplier will net you better pricing per card but you won't really get to choose specifics, otherwise buy them individually for a fraction of the cards normal price.

buy the box only if you are planning to draft or sealed it. otherwise dont waste your money on the lottery and just buy the prize instead.

I'd hold on to Lightning Greaves specifically, because it's a staple in practically every EDH deck and EDH players love to pay a premium to bling out their decks.

>I just pictured classic mamma Avvy in a sexy ultra foiled border
hrrrnnng if Avacyn ends up in a masterpiece I'm going to spend all of my money on a playset

Congratulations. You are the reason Magic sucks.

I pulled Sword of Fire and Ice. I am pretty happy but I want to trade if for Feast and Famine if I can find a chance.

It's weird though. It was in a fatpack/bundle and the masterpiece and all the commons are really washed-out looking. There's been some issues with cards being too dark recently, and it looks like they tried to lighten them but accidentally washed everything out. The uncommons, rares, and non-fatpack commons all look fine though....