Chimera Legion Thread III: of Alliteration and A Dire Need for More Fluff

Expanding the good-old homegrown lore of the Chimera Legion, your friendly everyday Obliterator Cult Warband.
Previous thread: Basic Rolls:
>Organization
Legion warband with cultists
>Which legion?
Iron warriors
>Who do we worship and how much?
Neutral devotion to Chaos undivided
>Our beliefs?
Gods above all
>Our demeanor?
Honor among thieves
>Mutations?
Voices of evil
>Any notable figures?
A chaos champion who ascended to daemon princehood
>Homeworld?
Fleet based
>Combat doctrine?
Unorthodox warfare
>Special equipment?
Biological experiments
>Warband status?
Slightly under strength
>Why?
A part of the Warband was assimilated by or was attacked by another Chaos-aligned entity.
>Who likes us?
Another chaos warband or lord
>Who are our enemies?
An Ork WAAAAAGH/warboss
>What about minor Xenos?
Some possibly exitinct Ayyyyylmaos AKA the Uluméathic League

So far we've nailed them down as an Iron Warriors splinter group who worship the Obliterator Virus. They use bioterrorism, extensive body modification, a large core group of veterans-turned Obliterators, and an extensive cult following to eke out a living as mercenaries, selling their service to other warbands. They are led by Thodos, a Daemon Prince who seems to have mysteriously "mastered" the Obliterator Virus.

Last thread we worked on the paint scheme for the legion, and heavily developed Thodos's character. Now I want to hear about the other members. A Chimera is made of many parts, together more powerful than than any one part. What champions have carved their names into legend? What deeds have stabbed to the hearts of our foes? Is anyone saving any of this?
Let's find out together.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QLmiknX8bFI
1d4chan.org/wiki/Chimera_Legion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm continuing to work on my dude very slowly (I hate shading so much) that I made the lore for here

Current warband color-scheme, bronze on blue-steel with hazard stripes.

>is anyone saving all of this?
I sure hope so.

First off we should go over the Warbands inner circle, the people who call the shots for the Warband when Thodos is in the warp. Let's make it a 5 man council, so they can vote on decisions without having a tie.

In the first thread one user cane up with an idea for a member of the inner circle called the Iron roost. It's basically a sentient ship filled with Heldrakes , Warp talons, and other flying monstrosities. Any thoughts?

Just throwing some ideas out here:

>The Houndmaster
A marine who uses a pack of personally crafted Chaos Spawn to hunt his prey

>The Word of Change
(drawing on Voices of Evil) a warpsmith whose very screech causes mild mutations in those around him

>The Tainted Coil
a small cadre of cultists engineered to explode into flaying tentacles upon death (needs a new name), but used for actual combat rather than suiciders.

>The Funbox
a loyalist Dreadnought that was infected with the Obliterator Virus. Now it slaughters its former allies, mutant flesh bursting from its cuboid frame.

>The Hound of Thodos
a massive Chaos Spawn, big enough to hold its own against a Carnifex

Someone last thread also mentioned an Imperial Knight Obliterator, that sounds promising.

I reckon one of them needs to be an apothecary or a warpsmith. Possibly someone who'd been with Thodos since his loyalist days

Just for future reference OP, make a new thread once the old one reaches the bump limit, although I enjoy your zeal.

I'll finish the piece that began with Thodos and the Hawk Lords, the second half focusing on his flaws and his hidden insanity. In it I will also explore his history, but leaving room for interpretation and the possibility of continuity errors simply being the effect of his insanity. Forgive slowness and spelling errors, it will be on mobile and done through through the night.

The three major divisions of the warband are the scientists, the warriors, and the cultists.

I vote on the council there should be at least:
>a head Warpsmith,
>a "shepard" of the cultists,
>the Warpsmith primarily in charge of the Obliterators (may be the same as the head Warpsmith),
>a champion of the warriors who have yet to become Obliterators,
>and the head negotiator/guy who tracks down contracts for the warband

We can have more or less, or merge some of these jobs, but these are the jobs I believe deserve a spot on the council.

Should we determine the different council heads based on different roles? Like warpsmiths having greater presence or authority? Would we even be using like dark apostles if we aren't really about worshipping chaos?

>The Tainted Coil
Bit Slaaneshi, there, isn't it?

Are hazard stripes only on the right leg, if not are they randomised or used to help decide squad markings. It could also be where they've been infected with (but not neccesrsily successfully) with the obliterator virus

There should definitely be a Warpsmith on the council, like the head scientist of the Legion.
I'm thinking almost a Fabius Bile type of guy. He probably has some kind of complex about obsessing over the Obliterator Virus, but being too afraid to infect himself.

We should remember that any Obliterator besides Thodos is going to be very simple-minded. The Iron Roost isn't going to be holding complex conversations with anybody. I think it gets a pass for the Council because it's so powerful, but any other members should either not have the virus, or have a damn good excuse for still being sane.

Same as however the hell the IW use them.

I did say it needed a better name. It was just the only one I could think of.

We worship chaos undivided, but our parent legion the iron warriors don't like to daemonify vechiles.
What I'm getting at is do we want WarSmiths, WarpSmiths or just corrupted tech marines

Why would a cultist be on the council? The astartes don't give a shit about their followers wellbeing, why do you think they would give them a say in the high command?

If he was on the council, I imagine he'd be bullied around by everyone else on the council.

Probably just propaganda, going 'look we're super humans and we still look after the little guy so join us in the insurrection'. But yeah he probably just brings tea and biscuits to the meetings, and has been slapped so many times he's more so a servo skull on a body than a human

I don't think we daemonify vehicles, and warsmith as far as I understand it, is just a leadership rank, not a specialized role.
Warpsmiths are Chaos Techmarines. Is there a name for Chaos Apothecaries? Could there be a Warpsmith on the Council who deals with the Obliterators, and a Chaos Apothecary dude that deals with the body mods and chaos spawn and stuff?

I'm thinking more of a Marine who liasons with the cultists, working with the cult leaders and reporting to the council. He's probably in charge of propaganda.

No, no, no. I meant a shepard of the cultists. The top marine in charge of organizing and ordering the Flesh.

Basically the Chaos equivalent of a runtherd.

Warpsmiths are catch-all mad scientists. They're usually techmarines, but a few of them were likely former apothecaries.

Here's just my two cents

There are basically three parts to the legion

The Marines
>Fighting forces, working as Special Forces/Force Recon to the main force
>Inner council, sorcerers, ancient veterans, acomplished warpsmiths...etc
>The Labs, Bioengineering, Cybernetics, and Daemonforging etc

Legion army
>Essentially a traitor guard force

Legion cult
>Dispensable retards and free infomercials

Maybe make the writefag sargeant from the last thread into the houndmaster?

How about a failed aspirant who the prince took a liking to, and so he'll have some marine organs but not all, so be S4 but T3 still

I like this, but we have to remember that the Chimeras at upper echelons are a lot less dogmatic than other warbands.

They are a PMC, or like the Taliban. People like to pretend that the taliban fights in the name of Jihad, but in reality they're just the world's largest Opium cartel.

Chaos is something they subscribe to because it makes them rich and powerful, but not necessarily safe.

I like that. How about the head of the council being a warsmith that served as Thodos' right hand man when he was human.

Maybe his name and title could be Arlek the Ironchosen?

I pretty much thought the Legion Cult and the Legion Army was one and the same. Like, they'll take Guardsmen and use them for fighting, and take random dudes and use them for free cannon fodder, but essentially it's the same cult.

Warsmith was just the iron warrior term for warband/grand company leader, but being an iron warrior he would know how to repair vechiles. WarpSmiths are more than just corrupt techmarines, they mainly make daemon engines. How about captured techpriests make the normal vechiles and WarpSmiths make the rest

Yeah it is really annoying how we can't actual field chaos apothecaries. But yeah, one medical officer, one vechile officer, one army officer, and one cultist officer. That sounds good, but what about an artillery officer as that's one of the big IW things, and brings it to 5, or do we just rely upon teleporting obliterators to break open fortifications, along with mutilators for the more armoured inhabitants

Maybe a human that served as some kind of spymaster, covering Thodos' ass. He's loyal to a fault to Thodos, who eventually rewarded him for his competence by making him a marine. The rest of the Chimeras don't like him, but his skills as a spymaster/Right hand man has kept him relatively safe.

Or he could just be a fellow iron warrior from the dispute of iron.

I actually wrote that. They're definitely connected, but I like the idea of that story being between two regular members of the Legion. So I'd like to use a different character.

I feel like that's more of a Primarch thing, turning loyal humans into marines once the Emperor found them. Why would a regular Iron Warrior be friends with a human/have the authority to recruit an adult, when they usually pick adolescents?

Codifying Arlek the Ironchosen as head of the council and right hand to Thodos.

Question: is he a warpsmith who oversees all the mad science of the warband more personally, or is he a WARsmith who's another exceptional leader, but not necessarily a scientist?

Stop saying Codify, its unnerving

also 1d4chan page WHEN?

Then we can track our progress and see what we need to do.

Thodos is the prince of the band, he can do whatever he wants, also chaos are known for just picking people to implant geneseed in as they can't guarantee they'll have healthy 10 year olds to pick from. I don't think Honsou was young when he got implanted

After finishing my white dwarf scanning tommorow I'll start on a page if no one else has done so

I've realized I've made a mistake in just saying "hey we need an Inner circle, get on it" so for the sake of saving time let's go through the inner circle in an orderly fashion

First off: Every inner circle needs a head, someone to keep everything other member under control, who should that be? I'm personally like the Arlek the Ironchosen Idea from

That's a good idea!

Too bad I don't know how to make one

I still can't see Chaos Marines respecting regular humans enough to be anything more than servants. Having him be an actual Warsmith seems much more likely and easier.

Has anybody here done any editing on 1d4chan? On any wiki? Because I haven't.

Arlek the Ironchosen, the warsmith responsible for what Thodos is today. Far before the Horus heresy, these two were friends. Thodos was a sergeant and Arlek was a Techmarine. At some point after the heresy, Arlek was the one responsible for exposing Thodos to the Obliterator virus. He is the only one other than Thodos that knows the dark truth: His condition can never be replicated, and the warbands existence is based on a lie.

Basic idea, I'm on my phone so I'm not writefagging

Y/N?

Definitely.
Do you think he worships the Obliterator Virus but knows he can't get infected, for the good of the Legion? Or is he forbidden from it?
Or does he have no problem with it, and is proud to act as Thodos's commander in the materium?
Or does he secretly resent Thodos and the Obliterators, but knows that they're necessary to the Legion's success?

I really like the idea of him sharing the secret with Thodos

I'd say he's a bit of both. He's good at keeping certain people (Like his fellow smiths) in line and on track, but he lacks Thodos' charisma.

Also I remember something from one of the earlier threads about how the Warpsmiths seemed very Slaaneshi. Maybe that's a regular problem that some smiths will start to tend less towards undivided and more towards Slaanesh (leading to an immense drop productivity as they try to give the Obliterators dick guns rather than focus on the problem at hand), so maybe that's part of Arlek's job. He gives those smiths who wander too close to the edge a little nudge back into the territory of undivided.

Yea, my idea was he would intentionally sabotage the rest of the legions attempts to work towards it, and try to encourage them to work on other stuff.

I approve

I think whereas Thodos had high ideals (evil ideals, but still), Arlek should be more corporate-minded and interested more in using the warband's strengths for power and profit. Sort of like a less stupid Starscream, he's an asskiss to Thodos whenever he actually shows up.

I agree with the secret idea, this could help lead to future civil wars, also if we like the spymaster idea we could have him blackmail IronChosen about this fact. Or what about IronChosen trying to build up his own bodyguard with Thodos' strain but keeps on failing, perhaps IronChosen kills all the servitors and erases all knowledge of his failed experiments so he stays in the limelight, and the vast body toll is what makes the spy master learn about the secret.

I know we're iron warrior descendants but do we maybe want chimera geneseed as stopgaps, this way we could have the spy master be maybe part Raven guard or alpha legion

>"Alright guys, what's the latest on weapon development?"
>"Well, there's one project we're very excited about. It's this massive lascannon drawing power from these two spheres down at the end-"
>"Goddammit you guys! Enough with the dick guns! I've got enough problems with the guys down in biotech making rapemonsters with dicks for eyes!"

Definitely chimera geneseed.

A) We're mercenaries, we'll take any defectors
B) We're desperate enough to rob loyalists blind of their internal organs whenever we can
C) It's in the name, come on!

We already have a sentient ship and a ship that holds the heldrakes

Navaros, Dauntless Mind and the Bloodied Roost respectively.

THIS is why we need to start consolidating data and set up a page. There's lore from the Hua Yuan pages that to this day hasn't made it to the wiki

We should focus on Arleks personality for the most part now, since I'm pretty sure most of us have agreed to make him a warsmith in charge of keeping the legion together.

I'll put the spy master idea in the next message I put to start the brainstorming for a second councilmen.

Apart from the sentient ship and the roost, do we have any proper ships, normal astartes cruisers, repurposed cargo vessels that deliver cultists whole sale in boarding parties, any space hulks that are guided somehow or repurposed

The Dauntless mind was what I meant I just mixed the names up.

But I agree we should create a 1d4cahan page ASAP, lest all our work on the legion disappears or gets changed

It can be assumed that they do Have A fleet

Quoting the first page here
>>>

Pride of Thodos -Capital Ship

An extension of the Will of Thodos this monster ship no less beast than steel, warp energies signing and pulsating betwwrn shifting plates of metal and flesh, a breathing knife to tear the void.
>Other notable ships in the fleet
>Typhon's Treasure
One of the largest ships in the Chimera Legion's fleet, dwarfed only by the Pride itself.
>Riddle of Steel
>Perfection Saught
>Rage of Echindna
>The Crucible
>Navasor, Dauntless Mind
An insidious amalgamation of Abominable Intelligence, tortured machine spirit, and Daemon Engine, this Malevolent engine is possessed by many a fallen marine

>The Bleeding Roost
Essentially an amalgam of the corpse of Void Whale and a small Space Hulk. This huge gutted abomination carries the flocks of Raptors and Warp Talons that follow Thodos and also contains nests of demon engines within its screaming hallways and twisting innards

I'd like to think they have a Space Hulk or two that they keep as hideouts, but they wouldn't exactly be able to fly them in a fleet. Besides the super-Obliterator-flagships, I would think they'd just have regular Chaos warships

I've never made a 1d4chan page, but I can try to in an hour when I get home. Might need help organizing it but that's about it.

I've worked on the Hua Yuan pages for over a year. As long as you set it up and build a loose draft I can help build it up later

I agree that Arlek should be a little more capitalist than Thodos, but I'm not sure about the asskiss part. That would imply that Arlek doesn't feel safe in his position and feels the need to suck up to Thodos to maintain it. For two people who've worked together for so long that would be something of an odd relationship.

Unless it's a more recent thing. If the Thodos Arlek once knew begins to fade away, he might grow uncertain of his position and develop into an ass kiss then to ensure it remains his. Either way I don't like the idea of him always being an total suck up.

Even then Arlek could just tell the whole legion that Thodos was one in a million and they have no idea how to replicate what happened to him and they'll most likely either rebel or disband

While I don't agree with making him a starscream, I think making him more profit oriented is the way to go. I think it would be better if he was the guy who had to tell Thodos that yes, while razing the surface of that astartes homeworld that banished you to the warp would be an excellent display of force and make loyalists think twice before attacking us again, we don't have the resources to mount a campaign of that scale.

Thodos was just a sergeant in the iron warriors. I think he's inspirational and good at enacting a plan, but he can't be assed with battle plans, managing expenses and negotiations. That's all on Arlek, and Thodos typically defers to him on those matters.

And stop this wild money train? Fuck that.

Besides, we stripe away the Bioengineering, the augmentations, the Daemon Engines, what are the Chimeras?

Profesionals in a an organization that revolves around a steady paycheck and trust.

They follow Thodos because they trust him. Thodos chooses this inner council because he trusts them. Remember, he founded this legion because he looked at every other warband and found them lacking

Arlek The Iron Accountant

Hey you don't wanna fuck with the accountant

Arlek wouldn't let me in the first place. He's trying to avoid falling to Slaanesh

I agree with this angle, I'm liking it.

I feel like this question keeps coming up: Do we make Daemon Engines?
I feel like we should have some, but we don't really produce them. The Chimera Legion has enough on its plate with the Obliterators and the biological warfare, we don't need to deal with trying to force daemons into cans.

We have some daemon engines. No warband should be completely without a few daemon engines. Ours ARE probably a little meatier than most, either because we made them or modified ones we bought. But we do not make them as a major part of our productions, they're just there because they're useful.

I believe the consensus has been while we have them, they're not something we specialize in. Our work is more towards our bio-experiments.

Also, should we make a rule: we may buy and sell many commodities, but we only RENT OUT Obliterators. If you're buying our Obliterator services you're basically just buying mercenaries, the Oblits are OURS in the long run.

So we've come to an agreement on the head of the warcouncil, Arlek the Ironchosen/accountant. We've also agreed that he was Thodos best friend since before the Heresy and he knows about Thodos' secret. In the legion he mainly concerns himself with keeping the Warsmiths undivided and how the legion turns a profit.

Now for the councils second member, it can be anyone really, one user suggested the idea of a spymaster, and another suggested a Tzeentchian sorcerer, who could be their advisor on daemons and the like. Any thoughts?

I say we need like a Dark Apostle or somesuch who's job it is basically to keep the droves of cultists in line.

That honestly sounds like it could work. Or at least someone who pretends at being one - not a true believer, but is skilled at inciting fanaticism and mania in the cult that makes them more earnest at being bullet-sponges on the front lines.

I think for one previous story-time there was mention of a cabal of sorcerers that could be consulted as to get an idea of future events?

>The Five Heads of the Chimeric Inner Circle, Lords of Chaos All.

>Arlek the Ironchosen
>A mentor then close friend and confidant to Theodorus during the Heresy Arlek accidentally exposed his friend to the Obliterator Virus and sent him down the path to Princedom. Within the legion he manages the forges and factories of the Legion. His role as liason to the Dark Mechanicus allows him to manage the finances of the legion with ease, his mechanical mind suited to such work.

>High Commander Silas Warpshriek
>A raptor of exceptional clarity and shrewd cunning, Silas is Thodos' military right hand man, overseeing deployment, recruitment, and campaign operations of the Chimeras. Like a son to Thodos, Silas is fatalistically loyal to Thodos, and has learned much of commanding troops under his lord.

>Archanon, (Can't really think of a good title for him)
>Undisputed master of the attendant sorcerer covens, the wizard offers cryptic council and mysticism to an otherwise business-like committee. The sorcerer is oft untrusted and begrudgingly listened to.

>Orphaeus Paraphron, High Fleshshaper
>As the Ironchosen commands the crucibles and forges of the legion so does Orphaeus oversee the precious Chimera laboratories. From the development of new viruses to the perfection and application of mutagens, Orphaeus lords over it all. Sometimes he will trade with other lords of the craft, like Eldar Haemonculi or the Venerable Fabius Bile to further his own research.

>High Prophessor Tianakles
>Held in the esteem of Thodos for his skills of Oration and control Tiankles is the father of the Chimeric Cult, the thousands of cultists ready to die for the legion falling under his direct supervision from his great pulpit.

I love it, combines all the aspects of the legion quite nicely

>Archanon of the Steel Soul

Leader

General

Seer

Scientist

Preacher

I think that IS all our bases covered. I quite like Warpshriek. Odd that he'd be a raptor, but it does mean he can deliver orders, attack, and escape faster.

Thodos is the Leader, Arlek is the Master of Forge, while the five lead as a quintumverite when Thodos is in the warp. We can't grow bolters or rhinos. Yet. We still need someone to bolt on the rivets of thunderhawks and weld together broken plate.

But everyone has a purpose when not deployed

Arlek manages materiel and resources as well as the legion's economy. Both Silas and Tianakles monitor new blood, and they manage their respective men. Orphaeus runs any relevant RnD and Archanon does...wizard stuff

Archanon hides in his room and gets high on off-time.

Also not to crimp anybody's style but I think we might need to rename Tianakles. I keep reading it as "Tinkles".

>Tinkles

Shh, you'll remind him of his highschool bully

His CHA was far too high to get bullied.

Now ArchAnon on the other hand...HE sits in his barge shitposting on WarpChan for sure

>Archanon, [Insert Title Here]

it's a little difficult to title him based of IW as IW don't have any fluff on psykers as far as I can research. Maybe their augments it nigh impossible for psychic ability to manifest, or maybe Warpsmiths serve a duo role of it, or maybe like the World Eaters, they just got phased out.
idk call him Meltabrain or something, after all there's a Warpsmith called Vhostok Pistonhand

>IW don't have any fluff on psykers as far as I can research
scratch that, Pistonhand did use sorcerers to summon daemons to bind for him to bind.

Just thought of an (probably lame) idea for a title for Archanon
>"Copperhead" (or something along those lines)
conductor of warp energies, and not to highly valued. maybe that's just what others call him to make fun of him.
>aww wittle Archanon is being bullied by the other boys

Archanon is the kid you make sure you sit with at lunch at least once. Cuz one day he's gonna be sick of everyone's shit and summon a bloodthirster or something. You wanna get that warning.

I had the thought that one of our Warpsmiths is pretty much Cave Johnson.
youtube.com/watch?v=QLmiknX8bFI

At one point he decide to improve the Obliterator virus by grabbing an entire moon from a demon world, grinding it up and mixing it into the virus and then injecting himself with it. Take a wild guess how well that went

>Why is so much of our science dangerous? Why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you on the butt on the way out, because you are fired.

>Not you, cultist, you're doing fine.

>Yes, you. Box. Your stuff. Out the air lock. Warp. Daemon. Goodbye.

We have a roost of heldrakes, so we definetly have them, the question is are they just attracted to us for some reason or are they just leftover engines that we captured from raiding other warbands

I remember something about most of the Daemon engines just being either really powerful Obliterators or multiple Obliterators fused together with some armour hammered on for good measure.

but if we don't like that idea they could be gifts/payment from other warbands for services rendered. The Chimeras might not like to make daemon engine but they won't look a gift-fiend in the mouth

Am I the only one who thinks Tinkles should have a retinue of Pseudo-chaos spawn. He always has a very specific number of them (say, eight) and if one dies it is quickly replaced. These replacements are always Cultists who've distinguished themselves in battle, or at least they used to be.

>You guys are alright, don't go to The Crucible tomorrow

>Arlek accidentally exposed his friend to the Obliterator Virus and sent him down the path to Princedom.
I blame the fact Theodorus shared a bologna sandwich with him.

Copperhead could work. Don't have any alternatives.

Bump

Any update on the 1d4chan page for the Chimera Legion yet?

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Chimera_Legion

Because no one else could be bothered. Do we want to vote things in, or edit it until one side backs off

do we have a war cry yet

meet

Vote on we stuff. I think most of the stuff we have so far is more or less agreed on.

*new stuff

The general "For Thodos!" And "The flesh is weak before the forge"

got the sidebox and main page, someone else take the helm. If you don't want to edit the page just post notes from the other threads we've had and agreed upon