"I will do whatever it takes to protect my pilot..."

>"I will do whatever it takes to protect my pilot..."

How would play as a suit of armor charged with protecting your wearer who is injured and quite possibly dead inside of you

Other urls found in this thread:

keiththompsonart.com/pages/sequester.html
youtube.com/watch?v=HwbutTQ8Yow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on system.

But mostly by RP rather than mechanics.

J.A.R.V.I.S. With a little more control over the iron man suit.

This. It doesn't seem like it'd need a great deal of mechanical elaboration anyway.

Obviously the armour wouldn't actually *need* to sleep or eat, but might insist on ingesting food and resting for the good of the wearer.

I imagine an A.I would have a list of preservation protocols to protect the driver. Maybe it would try to avoid combat and find medical assistance. Maybe even provide drugs like morphine to the driver.

Go play smt strange journey

At least in the first game.

The thought that the pilot may be still alive in that walking tomb is terrifying.

Like this.

Reverse jaeger pilot, use it as a reverse puppet aka a spine column and meaty bits to help me move, and then fulfill true mission, whatever it may be. Probably reproduce in some way. Make sure that i'm not the only one of my kind and ensure that my meat sack that i'm piloting doesnt rot too far without me being able to stick another in by autonomous means

Man that's fucked up. He's GOTTA be insane in there.

... who the fuck though quadruple amputee power armor was a good idea anyway

>armor/suit/clothes that can control itself
Pretty obvious where this is going.

They could have used prosthetics when not in the power armour. If advanced prothesis were available I'd be pretty tempted to have my own limbs chopped off

If it's that's advanced I'd rather have my natural meat limbs reinforced rather then removed. Synthetic skin, muscle enhancements, artifical ligiments and sinews and ACL and all that shit. The chrome only comes if I actually lose them.

Are you telling me you don't want to punch the Aliens in their stupid smug faces?

If it's good enough for the Glorious Imperium of Man, it's good enough for me.

Wouldn't giving the suit a completely autonomous AI render the pilot redundant?

not totally.

[justification]
the pilot makes the calls
but the suit actually does the things
in case you're operating someplace where signals cannot reach
[/justification]

The pilot is dead. The armor is adventuring to earn enough to pay for their resurrection.

youtube.com/watch?v=HwbutTQ8Yow

Imperial Knights can and WILL fight on, after the pilot has been incapacitated/slain

Bumple

If the suit is biological and links up to the nerves of its wearer- user died / comad / near death whatever whie inside suit, while they were linked. From them still being linked and previous time spent linked, the suit's able to mimic their brain patterns to a certain extent, acting as their ghost in a sense- so the suit would act like the operator, but not *exactly* like them- there'd be a few differences where the suit doesn't get things right, it isn't quite a complete personality / actions mimicing. that sort of thing.

GGGRRRANNNTEEDD though, dreadnaughts don't act autonomously if the marine strapped in the sarcophogus is killed.