What's everyone brewing/playing?

I posted it in last thread, but temurge updated to kaladesh

>Filigree Familiar
>Combustible Gearhulk
>Harnessed Lightning
>Attune w/ Aether

Got that good ceremonious rejection playset on tap in my sideboard too

Pretty okay set.

Jeskai Artifacts/Equipment that I plan on taking to gameday, just waiting for my smug copters to come in the mail. Also pulled a chandra from a bundle I bought for lulz, which will just sit in the box since I dont know what to do with her

I fell for the memes sempai
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vigliant-abzan/

Is there any way to salvage this or do I sell it off for 35 cent on the dollar and wait 3 months for another shot?

RG energy aggro and some weird UG energy build. Dunno what the goal is but it runs a few hanweir garrisons for aggressive pushes and then has a lot of mana fixing for the red and blue, thinking of splashing black for live fast.

>Garrison
I meant battlements

I need to pick up the rest of my aether hubs. Feel like it's the best uncommon in the set

Hey guys i am poor but want to play magic what do i do???

1. Play drafts or sealed constructed (varies in price, but drafts are around $10 per person and sealed constructed is about $20)
1.5. GO TO PRERELEASES! VERY HIGH VALUE EVENTS!
2. Use Xmage or Cockatrice for free online MTG play
3. Play Standard with cheap tiered decks (some of the good decks are only like 100 bucks)
4. Don't get into older formats unless you've amassed a large sum of money

Running an Eldritch Evolution deck that plays sort of like Birthing Pod. There's finally enough really good ETB triggers and value creatures to run a toolbox sort of thing. Demon of Dark Schemes and the G/B Gearhulks are really good.

Overall, it's lit.

> Playing Jeskai control
> Testing Esper control

Feels good man

Two questions, I guess

One, it kind of feels like the most sensible deck to play is probably whichever is the best Greenhulk deck is, right? Am I crazy for thinking that? Card is insane.

Second, what do you all think is the best Greenhulk deck?

Brazen Scourge or Geier Reach Bandit for RG aggro? Bandit is 2R compared to Scourge's 1RR. Scourge has 3 toughness compared to Bandit's 2 toughness. The deck runs Kessig Prowler so it can technically run some synergy there if there's some fucking chance my opponent has a stroke mid game and passes turn without playing spells turn 3 that allows me to flip bandit and start swinging harder and flipping prowler on etb.

Or should I scrap both and shove Fleetwheel cruisers into the deck?

Mono red. I really just want to turn bomat couriers, scourge wolfs and lathnu hellions sideways while getting gas back with collective defiance.

I'm not running Chandra, Sculptor of Defiance, as it's expensive both mana wise and money wise. I do, however, want to get all of my cards before the Grand Prix, as I think the most expensive card in the deck is collective defiance or falkenrath gorger.

So now that painlands are gone is there any chance of a triskaidekaphobia deck would work. I honestly don't pay attention to standard but jank calls to me.

>3. Play Standard with cheap tiered decks (some of the good decks are only like 100 bucks)
you can actually get a decent deck for way way way cheaper with the way this block is looking

If any life gain decks start running lose with aetherflux and feldiar sovereigns running around, ttee will be hilarious.

It's not exactly a brew anymore, but I'm playing UR Thermochaser.

I think it's superior to Thing in the Ice, especially since Titi's value is diminished as it doesn't bounce vehicles.

I might have to start running Tears of Valakut to adequately deal with fliers, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem I think

GW aggro.
God I hate that deck and color combination so fucking much.

>surprised that the colors with the most efficient creatures are the best in creatures: the tappening

I want off this fucking ride

100 sounds good to me. dooable

I'm not surprised, but that doesn't mean I can't be mad about it.

Keep up with MTG Goldfish's Budget Magic series. The decks generally perform well, are at least Tier 2 and can easily be upgraded into Tier 1.5.

>aetherflux
I don't think there will be a problem here.

I know it's not the good thread but I made a Modern BW Triskaidekaphobia and it works pretty well
Aerial Responder and Aetherflux Reservoir will find a place in it
God, I love Kaladesh so much

So I'm playing GW sacrifice, what would you nigs recommend for post-rotation besides the obvious addition of Cataclysmic Gearhulks to replace Tragic Arrogance?

Would a 1-of Aetherworks Marvel be worth it?

GW has been absolute cancer since Tarkir and Wizards is still pushing it

Just make it stop

Any possible staples coming out of KLD?

Fillagree, Smugglers?

It is honestly the best card in the whole set.

The uncommons in this set are brutal.

I know it's a pauper deck but it's a standard too.
I never played blue before so I don't really know cards and aspiring aeronaut rotated out of standard.
I tought about spamming with artifacts and bomb with gearseeker but it seems to be a bad strategy. Should I change blue for a color that has a better synergy with white artifacts?

played white eldrazi/big white on friday and went undefeated, so I will probably just keep playing that till the protour. Currently I am brewing RG energy aggro just so I have another deck, maybe I'll throw together that shitty storm deck too just to fuck with some people.

Aspiring Aeronaut is out of standard m8

You didn't read the post, did you?

My peasant cube is going up in power level constantly, wizards is really pushing some of those uncommons lately. Not that I can complain though

>skygate over camel
>ever
Skygate is sideboard only.

Vehicles are ironically too slow. Greier reach bandit wins simply because it's much easier to cast, a 1RR can be a dead 3 drop very easily.

Also I hope you're running Lathnu hellions because as far as 3 drops go it's better than both of the above.

There's a lot of two-power 2-Drops in the format that scourge gets to walk all over though.

I tought that 4 more artifacts would be more useful if playing for gearseeker

stitcher's graft?

Memedredge seems fun as shit to play

>pauper deck
>implying blue isn't the best pauper color
>no blue value cards
>no good artifacts

Trash.

>It's another "Jeff Hoogland proves how severely autistic he is" episode

Should I build BW control or Delerium?
One one side I got 2 Gideons, 2 Sorins, 3 Kambals and the angels from EMN, but on the other I got Liliana, 2 Ishkanahs and 2 World Breakers.

Both get annihilated by UR fevered visions so if you have a lot of that in your metagame I wouldn't

I don't know if I should be running Hissing Quagmire.

I'm running a G/B sacrifice/midrange with 24 lands and a bit of ramp. It's obviously good as a mana sink, but I'm worried it might be too slow. It's no Needle Spires, after all.

Thoughts?

he's annoying but he's good at deckbuilding

so, I decided to partake in a booster draft for Kaladesh. What am I in for? I've never drafted.

your deck is midrange, you can afford tapped lands and it fixes your mana. Activating it is just upside for very little opportunity cost. If it fixes your mana and you don't activate it a single time in a game it was still worth it. Every activation is just added bonus.

I would. Manlands are really, really good. It helps you if you're mana-flooded and makes it more difficult for your opponent to figure out their attacks. Of course it fixes your mana a little too. Coming in tapped is worth it for a midrange deck I think.

>it's no needle spires

You're running a slow, midrange deck. You don't need your manlands to hit hard, you need your manlands to fix your mana and save you from stronger creatures.

I mean, the quagmire has fucking deathtouch. It's going to trade with a fattie.

Should take this guy into modern with heartless summoning

Then what should I do with all those Planeswalkers and BR/RG/GB lands?

Fuck, forgot I also had Nissa, Arlinn and Addvocate

Why is there no talk about Hour of Devastation?

So which blue cards and artifacts are not a trash?

Jeff "disgusting deck" Hoogland

I feel like emerge with rashmi is really goofy

This fucking game I swear to god

If baugh didn't draw every single land in his deck this game would be over

ponder

And how in your opinion ponder is standard legal?

How can you possibly not follow the conversation? The last post you replied to literally said "pauper" in it twice

Off the top of my head:

blue:

delver
counterspell
drake
probe
preordain
semen visions
hydroblast
vapor snag

artifacts:

frog
enfoncer
memnite
star
drum

Because this post is about standard pauper - not just pauper

anyone got a good idea for a Red/White delirium angel vorthos deck?

been working on one for a while now

>standard pauper
>bad cards only: the format

That sounds beyond shit.

>Hey I will reply to a post without reading it
>Shiet what is he even asking me about
>Shiet he know I didn't read
>Uh oh damage control - it's a shit /conversation

You are a useful man, user

Why doesn't he sac the clue, make tracker unable to block and hit for lethal

He wanted to meld

if you say pauper then everyone thinks pauper. It's the first time I hear about abomination called "standard pauper".

Was going to build Grixis control, but I don't know if I should. Already bought a ton of UR cards and never played them before rotation. I could probably finish my Grixis deck for $80 (2x Kalitas, 2x Torrential Gearhulk, 1x Saheeli Rai, and a dozen cheap rares). Not sure what my local meta is like, as I have played standard since Khans rotated.

My build has Village Messengers aswell as Kessig Prowlers as 1-drops. I feel Geier Reach Bandit is justified since it makes the 1-drops worse top decks later if it has flipped. Most removal spells hit for 3 so I don't feel like the Scourge is that much better.

>I'm running 4x kozileks return

Man I hope weenies make a comeback so I can make aggro players cry

It is, there's no guaranteed way to make sure you draw right as there isnt any good scrying or filtering techniques in temurge.

>Wizards prints literally the best control cards they're willing ot shit out in modern days
>Control is still unplayable
>Tappening decks are stiller T0
???

It's the first fucking weekend of standard user

Not that anything will change, fucking Verdurous Gearhulk

Wizards went too far in on green.
>Tireless tracker for card advantage and big dumb creature at the same time
>Sylvan advocate for a 4/5 for fucking 2 late game ( and this is midrange: the format )
>Gearhulk, 8/8 trampler for fucking 5

I'm a timmy player so I love turning fat dumb creatures sideways but I hate it as it is right now because it's all in one color

They want new players to play standard and new players like green, it's not that hard to understand

I actually think memerange will get significantly worse as this standard progresses. Most green dudes and walkers decks are missing the necessary disruption, once people actually figure out good combo decks. Hopefully.

>missing the necessary disruption
>a literal +2/+2 hexproof instant for G was printed

How does a combat trick disrupt a combo deck?

Jesus fucking christ how is this deck only 10-3

you forgot the lumberjack.

Yeah I am debating whether or not to run the messengers. I'm running a set of attune with aether right now for mana fixing as well as servants of the conduit for fixing and energy production to keep my brawlers constantly hitting for 4 and for pumping cubs and keeping hellions around. Messenger would probably speed the deck up a bit though.

>fucking Aetherworks with Glassblowers Puzzelknot
>scry 2 before you pick 1 of 6 cards to CAST
>4 turn monster eldrazi

It either works or doesn't. Even in the top 8 cards you might not get what you want, and once that one trick is foiled you're fucked. It's a one trick pony, but that one trick is fucking insane.

Doesn't feel very impressive desu

Thinking he was talking about grim flayer

Fucking roulette deck

As seen just now.

I got an Aetherworks Marvel in prerelease. Everyone said it wouldn't be viable. Guess they were right

Maybe I should just call him by "mythic lumberjack" to avoid confusion.

????

At least this one isn't standard legal.

Don't count it out just yet, that deck got 10 wins and it's terribly unoptimized.

Don't you remember the last card that let you cast shit from the top 6 cards of your deck? The one that wasn't supposed to be viable?

Bought into RW Vehicles yesterday since I'm too broke to buy cards after they go up

They're not topping now, I'm worried that I bought into the wrong deck again.

I call grim flayer "axeman", garruk is just garruk

You can play legacy manaless dregde for 150$ and you will never have to spend money again, don't fall for the standard meme.

Manaless dredge is noncompetitive and boring as tar to play.