What is the best miniature size for large scale battles, but non-puny infantry?

What is the best miniature size for large scale battles, but non-puny infantry?

54 mm, you pussy

real men do 1:1

100μm

>not petrifying real people and dressing/posing them for make believe battles then killing them when that unit dies

I hope one day I'll play chess and every piece is a real person.

Been there done that

It stops working when your pieces stop cooperating

Just gotta whip them out.

You can still do individual basing in 15mm if that's what you want.

10mm to 15mm

14nm

6mm

1:72. Plenty of options out there. Vehicles are dirt cheap, just use matchbook cars.

Depends entirely on the scale of battle you're representing. 28mm is fine for skirmish to maybe a squad or two, 20mm-15mm is for platoon or reinforced platoon games, 10-6mm is for company scales. Ironically, after company, it barely matters what scale you're running at since your battlefield is heavily abstracted anyway, so you might as well use 28mm men and 15mm tanks and say each one's a company or whatever.

6-15mm, depending on how modern it is. Older periods you want 6mm end, as everyone's moving close together and in large blocks, so your normal maneuver unit has a lot of men. Later periods things get more fluid, and you end up moving individual squads at a time, so want larger figures.

Never go 28mm+ for large battles unless you're trying to get idiots to buy your overdone and overpriced models with a shitty ruleset.

"Heroic" 28mm or "Heroic" 32mm, depending on the size of the battle. If heroic 15mm existed, that would be an option too

Realistic proportions don't look great at a distance

15mm or 20mm(1/72)

>If heroic 15mm existed
Battlefront says hi, though admittedly that's only a thing for certain modern wars.

Depends on size of battle.

Skirmish? 28mm.
A couple of squads and maybe a single tank per side? 28mm.
Anything with multiple vehicles per side? 15mm at largest.

15/18mm

>What is the best miniature size for large scale battles, but non-puny infantry?

Not really possible in my opinion. Anything below 15mm means basically unpaintable dudes and really anything under the 28mm 'heroic' scale looks pretty 'puny' to me. However, any 'large scale' battle is going to need thousands of infantrymen and kilometres of battlefield, so 6mm is about as big as you can go.

>54mm

Do you such wargames exist?

How do you paint 6mm figures?

The same way people paint individual grains of rice. With fine tools and great skill and patience.

I can't even draw a vaguely human shape to save my life and right here we have some cunt showing a level of skill that puts them squarely into the 'demigod' rank of skill mastery.
I want to reroll my life stats.

On the subject of scale, what toy rail gauge is a best fit for 25-32mm scale?

Just like a bigger mini, but using less colors and more contrast between them.

>Realistic proportions don't look great at a distance

That's just fucking wrong.

S-scale 1/64

There is only one true scale and it's 28mm.

This picture actually makes me a believer.

Although, converting models at that scale is probably a bitch, and that's half the fun for me.

Thanks.

Yes. It is ye olden scale for wargaming with toy soldiers.

Inquisitor used 54mm, if that fits your definition of a wargame.

It makes me wish I thought of this while I was still playing Car Wars.