The Exact Moment the Game Turned to Shit

>Be playing M&M
>Fight a bunch of mooks to meet the villian of the week
>18yo who looks 14, wears lolita dresses, and is called "The Trapmaster"

Continue, I'm seriously curious

Well there's your issue, you're supposed to eat M&Ms, not play with them.
That guy who crushes M&Ms against each other doesn't count, he's a fag.

Yeah, lolita dresses are just tacky.

Seconding this, hoping against hope that this isn't another Pseudo-story designed to get the thread started, and OP can then just watch the stories come in.

The game isn't ruined, you just have to do what you've got to do. Does your character by any chance have a bolt pistol?

I let a player roll Master Summoner.

Maybe a little more literal, but:
>prefer sort of semi-serious games where, if there's wackiness to be had, it's not from characters being lolsorandom
>am entirely okay with characters taking their personalities to extremes
>am even okay with occasional off-the-wall plans that are, "so crazy they might just work"

>player declares that his character is going to sneak in and shit in the enemies' campfire to clear them out of the cave they're in
>roleplays the sounds of his character shitting
>won't stop, even as I ask him to
>have to raise my voice at him to get him to stop
>he goes all sullen as a result, for about ten minutes

What even?

>Villain is actually a girl.
>Uses trip wires, pits, etc. possibly with a super power to shift around inanimate matter to create instant pit traps.
Seems like an obvious twist, especially if it's an online game.

Rules of DM'ing you need to make clear at the start of any game:

1: No sex, sexual related, or rp'ing around sexuality
2: No political statements or hints from the modern world

Those 2 things are what turn most games from a fun evening quickly into dungeons and awkwardness.

Storytime or it didn't happen.

>Be playing Mage game, homebrew setting
>Setting is a weird mash of D&D medieval style in a modern time period if the Church was the greatest powerhouse backed by legitimate deities.
>Mages are actively hated and hunted down by the Church, we're a dying breed and secrecy is the only way to survive.
>A bit spechul snowflake at times, but looks interesting enough and I like the group.
>Four players
>One is playing a gravedigger who works as a spy for the Ministry of Death, he provides bodies and illicit materials for player two.
>Player two is playing an alchemist who runs an apothecary and hides in plain sight, studying corpses and trying to advance the human understanding of science.
>Player three is playing a secretly-queer noble fop who bankroles player two in exchange for pretending to be married to him so that he isn't ousted/killed.
>So far, so good. Some decent group synergy, we're working together to make a group rather than lone wolves.
>Then comes player four.
>Player four is playing an imaginary character.
>Actually, she's playing a real character who is crazy, lives in the woods and thinks they are an imaginary person who only exists in the head of the people who interact with her.
>Oh, and she doesn't speak. Or communicate. At all.
>Oh joy.
>Session One goes pretty well. Except for player four.
>She didn't have fun with her character. We didn't have fun with her character. So she says she'll make a better one to fit in better with the group.
>Hope!
>Next session.
>Hope dashed!
>In a setting where mages are hunted by the church by elite units, player four decides to play a mage who was also one of these elite mage hunters.
>And she proceeds to spend the second session trying to actively hunt down and kill our characters.
>Is deliberately antagonistic to the other players and is making everyone miserable and unhappy.
>There is no session three.

That actually sounded like a cool setting.

Sounds like the moment the game turned great.

>The Exact Moment the Game Turned to Shit

I loved the setting.

The fourth player, not so much.

Meh we all have spergy moments where we realize too late that what we are doing is not funny
r-right?

gladiator M&M user was a genius, not a fag

OP here. It was the first time I played M&M, or really any tabletop since I was 12. I made an electric flying skull named "Kill-o-watt" who made skeleton puns as a comedy relief as I had heard the players were kind of edgy.
The DM was pretty okay in the beginning but I had no way of predicting how the game would go ti shit.
Not much storytime because after I simply tased the trap to avoid magical realm, the DM got pissy, claimed I was ruining everyone's fun, and kicked me of roll20
>inb4 there's your problem

>playing new world of darkness
>strongly grounded in reality
>game struggles keeping players
>new guy comes in
>character is a Russian Soviet nostalgic trying to overthrow Putin
>says they can't arrest him because "soldiers have diplomatic immunity across the globe"
>ST expresses that he LOVES! the character

And then nobody returned for another session.

He was fighting a bunch of edgy superheroes with a trap. How could that not be a good thing?

Also how did he not think to have it be a "just as planned" moment? The Trap Master you saw should have just been a realistic decoy filled with explosives. Bam, smart villain that can't be taken out in the first 5 seconds of meeting them. He may have been new to DMing if he hasn't learned how to avoid getting your BBEGs one-shot during their introduction.

Why don't GMs ever put a stop to it when shit like this happens?

Did she turn out to be a boy?

New GM, bit of a pushover. The player has been with us since the group formed - she's just started becoming a bit of a headcase recently. Moodswings, hostility, suicidal behavior.

The players want to kick her out, but we're all pretty confident she'll snap if we do.

As someone who mostly plays in tightly knit groups, I'm amazed the things mentioned in this thread happened. For all of the faults I feel the GMs and players I've played with have, they're all relatively normal, grounded people. Even the autistic furry (he actually had autism, I'm not using that as a buzzword) I played with in my first warhammer game played an amber wizard so his weird bits could be passed off as eccentricities. The idea that a player could show up to a session with a weird, blatantly out of place character and at no point have a GM tell them that they need to rethink the concept baffles me. Similarly, I can't believe the GM could pull ideas seen in this thread without the players complaining.

The only thing remotely like this I experienced was when the girl who ran a world of darkness game for me had the mage I was hunting try to get me to like her by saying she cosplayed as an anime girl I find cute. It threw them for a loop when my character said he didn't like girls who were flat as a cutting board.

It got really disturbing when one of the characters mutated really nasty, but she wanted to keep playing it and ran with it, and everyone ended up enjoying it. Except me.

I was introduced to the group by a friend who took longer to leave. Lets just leave it at "Yes"

Same here. The worst my groups have are a blatant powerbuilder and a disruptive jackass or two. We're all cool with each other though so it doesn't really derail things most of the time unless it gets really bad.

And it only gets really bad when one of them in particular gets a really obnoxious character idea and rolls with it as hard as possible, or when another one of them goes off his meds.

Honestly that depends a lot on the players but it is something you should avoid if you don't know the people in the game well enough

>I made an electric flying skull named "Kill-o-watt" who made skeleton puns as a comedy relief as I had heard the players were kind of edgy.
A+, would invite to a game.

He'd somehow convinced me to let him run an intelligent dire rat. He also later slept under a disused outhouse.

So, yeah, it was, "in-character," for him to be disgusting. Or it would have been if his backstory hadn't been, "was a wizard's familiar, up until the wizard died; wizard made him big and also smart to help out around the lab," or something similar.

We're all super-repressed nerds at heart, and we get excited. When we get excited, we forget how we're supposed to act around normal people, and we might go a little too far before we can rein it in.

>this fencer wants to join your party
>you are not sure of its a male or a female
>when asked about it he/she just says you have to find out for yourself
What do you do?

fuck off and post something relevant to the thread faggot

Immediately try to find a way to leave the game gracefully since despite you posting in the wrong thread it ended up being related to OP anyway.

Wasn't there a Mage Dark Ages book? Is it like that or did the GM change things up?

Assume he/she's a dude and treat him like he's one of my frat bros. Use his/her level of discomfort to determine their true nature.
>Good work in that last dungeon bruh!
>Bruh, the way you tricked that Drow guard into letting us into the temple was tight bruh.
>Yo bruh let's tag team this faggot ass Drider bruh!
>Bruh, let's blow all our gold on ale and crush some puss
>Come to the mountains with me and the bros and train with us bruh. No homo of course.