You can be a Fighter...

>You can be a Fighter, which is like a sword guy like Aragon or you can be a Wizard like Gandalf or you can be a Rogue and sneak around like a Hobbit and Rangers can shoot arrows like Legolas and...
How would you describe a Bard to a normalfag?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard_the_Bowman
youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>and you can be a bard and act like a magic rockstar with a sword

You can be a Fighter like Achilles, a Wizard like Circe, a Rogue like Odysseus, or a Bard like Orpheus.

>How would you describe a Bard to a normalfag?

also cool

> implying Chad knows any of those people

And you can be a bard and get all the bitches.

>playing with Chad

Tom Bombadil

>implying I'd play with Chad
Anyway, the correct answer is you show them the class summaries in the 5e book and one of them picks Bard because they like the sound of it and they have fun
You won't be reading this Conor but you're doing great considering this is your first RPG

You can be a fighter like gimli, boromir and sam gamgee, a wizard like gandalf, a ranger like aragorn and legolas, a rogue like merry and frodo a bard like pippin

This. Tell them they can be David Bowie / Micheal Jackson that can destroy zombies and shit with the power of their voice and sick dance moves.

Describe a bard as a support class like a cleric, but with special party-wide buffs in exchange for fewer spells.
Because if they don't understand the most basic video game terms, they're not going to be interested in what you have to say.

This:

youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ

>Playing with Tyrone and Chad
This hobby requires reading, writing and basic aritmethics.

This
H8 u

Show them this picture and them that badass guitar player is doing magic that makes his buddies shoot straighter and shit.

>Implying Tyrone isn't already an avid fantasy literature enthusiast

Kubo is the best example of a bard we have had in years

>You can be a fighter like Boromir, a wizard like Gandalf but a bit less powerful, you can be a Rogue like Bilbo, you can be a Ranger and shoot arrows like Legolas, or you can be a Bard like Luthien.
Aragorn was a Ranger, you classless fuck

How was Odysseus a Rogue? Because of the Horse?

Or you can be useless, like Frodo.

Like Eminem with Guns.

You could just do yourself a favor and not play with players who don't understand the basic options presented by the core rulebook.

if you're using examples, you could say that the pied piper was a bard, using music to influence those around him.
or that if the goblin king decided to go on an adventure, he'd be a bard.

Gandalf was not player character, he was GMPC.

>How would you describe a Bard to a normalfag?
You've already used Lord of The Rings as an example, you can stick to that.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard_the_Bowman

Thank you sir for pointing that out
I was thinking that the entire movie

Smaug did nothing wrong

>no cleric

we're no just healsluts damnit

>You're basically Jack from the fairy tales
>You distract, mislead and charm your way to victory
>You can also use a bit of magic and a bit of fight

While not "normal fag" I've described bards to my friends as red mages with music

A mix of a rogue and a wizard that uses an instrument to cast spells.

Aragorn is repeatedly called a ranger. His title is even "chieftain of the rangers of the north". His main contributions to the fellowship are helping them survive in the wilderness and treating their wounds. IIRC he doesn't even fight anything until fairly late in the books

Normies don't know who the fuck Luthien is

If you read the Odyssey/Illiad/Aeniad his main heroic attribute is that of cunning and being sneaky. He doesn't often take the direct confrontation, utilitises disguises and sneaking about.

My first Dungeon Master was named Chad. Besides getting way too high during sessions, he was one of the best DMs ever. I miss him.

Considering you can use any form of perform for your bard powers this might be a viable example

You can be a bard, traveling on grand adventures, saving the world with the power of music, like Bill and Ted

I was thinking most tragic bard backstory, holy fuck

But yes.

>How would you describe a Bard to a normalfag

Or you can sing to help your allies like Lynn Minmay

>current year
>people remembering the LOTR movies
Good luck with that daddio.

Also
>Aragon is not a ranger who got the OP sword because he's close friends with the DM
>Gimli get shit on because he's that guy IRL and the group's all in on it
>Gandalf is the DMNPC
>Another case of Elfboner-gm.

youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc

Yeah, but is he an aasimar or a tiefling?

>playing with normies
gotcha

I honestly just made that post to make this reply