Have you ever betrayed the party? I tried a few times because I like to play Evil characters but I always end up dying...

Have you ever betrayed the party? I tried a few times because I like to play Evil characters but I always end up dying...

Karma. You'll always get your just dues.

Exactly the same OP again? I guess last thread was a proper shitstorm then.

> Same image
> Same text
> Same bait
Kill yourself.

No, but I convinced the party that it was necessary to kill another party member. And I did it and they were ok with that.

Actually the image is different.

lawful evil,here hope it always a slow abd painful traiotr

The closest I got was my character trying to kill another party member because I played up his excessive pride and vanity as a flaw and she kept talking shit. Even that I kind of regretted.

Retards who play evil characters and just use that as an excuse to ruin party dynamics are awful. Evil characters are capable of cooperation unless you're playing a complete jackass.

>Have you ever betrayed the party?
No, because I am not a dickhead like you.

go genocide or go home casual

>but I always end up dying...
Still sounds like you got what you wanted.

I tried once, but played the long game and missed my one opportunity to screw everyone spectacularly

My advice to all would-be betrayers is to knife someone in the back at your first chance

You should put a lot of exclamation marks after the sentence so that people know that you're sarcastic.

I did it once. Party was up against a powerful necromancer who was on the verge of becoming a lich. I was also playing a necromancer and deep down I respected the guy for getting that far in his studies. When we saw him face to face I offered to join him in exchange for a chance at lichdom, he agreed to use magic to keep me alive until I could master the undead powers and ascend. Party was pissed, tied me up and the Paladin killed me. DM got mad saying my character didn't play as team player. I just wanted epic lich powers man.

Clearly the ultimate betrayal is to an hero.
Try it and deprive your party not just of a trusted character, but a player as well. Imagine how assmad they'll get!

Never played a traitor before, but I was usually the one putting them down. Like in my current campaign, our Druid has tried multiple times to abandon us. I plan to kill her and her mangy mutt.

Here is what you should have done:
>You: "Hey GM, my character wouldn't have any reason to actually go and kill the necromancer. Can you take him over and use him as an NPC helping the necromancer while I make a character who will actually play ball and be useful?"
>GM: "Sure thin user! I'm glad you told me and that you trust me with enough to make the story better and not to be disruptive! I'm very glad to have you as a player!"
>You: "Thank you man, I also am glad to have you as our GM!"

>be human fighter
>be in party with filthy nonhumans and a clearly unbalanced human
>be on crazy quest to save the world from uprising of devil worshippers
>good guys are losing the fight; enemy has more resources and powerful artifacts
>get dragged into one of the layers of hell
>devil lord offers us a deal if we help the bad guys while also subtly screwing some other devil lord
>devil lord is actually more reasonable than anyone else we've worked with, and certainly moreso than the rest of the party
>party declines offer but devil lord still lets us go
>I accept the offer in secret and feed information to the bad guys throughout the game
>half of the party is later captured due to unrelated dumb decisions
>my half mounts a rescue
>bad guys manage to take yet another artifact right out of our hands with some bullshit magic trickery
>party splits again as one guy chases down the thief
>I'm left with freeing our allies from the prison cells
>I could just stab them right now while disarmed and helpless, walk away and claim there were no survivors
>don't want to risk the thief-chaser escaping and revealing my actions to our faction, or actually retrieving the artifact and going ham on me with it
>decide to let them go, keep playing the long game
>thief-chaser fails to get the artifact anyway
>get shot in the face later when yet another plan goes south due to more awful decisions
Seriuosly should have just offed those fucks then and there

Possibly because you're a cunt.

>betraying your party as an evil character

Idiots, the way you betray your party is by being the least evil. Create a character who's exploits and noble heart make him admired and respected within the game world. Acquire a degree of political power that if your party refuses to obey your character's wishes then you can have them completely destroyed.

The best way to betray your party is to create a situation where they have to betray you for there own good.

My half-elf rogue once sold our halfling monk to a bunch of slavers running a illegal brothel. I conned them out of a lot of gold, convincing them that she was a human child and would easily break to their will.

Of course we sprung her only a day after the slaver goons and their resident mage knocked her out and carted her away. Luckily none of the other party members saw me slink away to deal with the slavers so they couldn't pin it on me and i managed to find a at least somewhat believable excuse for suddenly having a arseload of gold on me. I did share a lot of it with the party, the halfling getting the lion's share of the party gold,as she was the one most in need of some better equipment, but i did keep a small pouch of gold coins for myself as emergency bribe money.

I've been accused of wanting to, when my character was just pissed about mind magic being thrown at him.

Yes, but I was playing a LG Paladin and the rest of the party was made of rebellious heretics.

Either we had the same thread yesterday or I'm having deja vu.

I want to bully Caster.

THAT'S THE WRONG SERVANT, DELETE THIS

Once, my characters wife was part of the villainous group who had taken over the city. My character got captured at one point and while in jail she offered him a chance to join them, he dithered a bit but decided to join her side, ended up fighting against the rest of the party, they didn't take it personally thankfully.

Wouldn't recommend making a habit of it though

Not yet, but I'm planning on betraying one party member for reasons I won't go into because I know our group browses Veeky Forums.

My question is, would betraying one person be easier than betraying the whole party? I understand that unless you get the majority/powerhouse to back your logic even more difficult by potential metagamers reading chat logs for some online games. then you're fucked, but planning to kill everyone automatically makes your entire party an enemy from step 1, and therefore that much more difficult to pull off, correct?

Every time I try either everyone joins my side or they all get themselves killed due to their own flaws before I can finish my plans.

I once played an evil changeling rogue, who died during a fight. His soul was taken to Bel, who offered him immortality and infernal powers to send the parties souls to him. Upon returning to life. My character wasn't very bright, but was very charismatic. I convinced the other not-so-bright party member to kill himself so he could get the same deal with Bel, not realising he was just going to hell. I ended up getting killed 5 minutes later when the party wouldn't be convinced to turn against each other.

>bad guys manage to take yet another artifact right out of our hands with some bullshit magic trickery

I wonder if you could make a pvp campaign that felt like xiaolin showdown

Either we had the same thread yesterday or I'm having deja vu.

>magic items everywhere
>allowed to challenge others for magic items if you reach for them at the same time
>highly specific challenges of the characters'/enemies' choice with silly maps
>fucken loved xiaolin showdown as a kid
I want this now.

Can we have another Fate thread instead?

Not since I was an edgy teenager

>he says, posting a bait image from tumblrtale

Fate is garbage.

We're playing Tokyo Nova, so there is no real "party". We're just a bunch of loosely connected people occasionally working together or against each other, so every once in a while I get to stab someone in the back for getting in the way or try to run them over for fucking over the others.

>RT campaign
>playan explorator, he didn't trust psykers in the least
>dmpc navigator, annoying as shit, deliberately antagonistic to my character
>hatch plan with arch-militant to assassinate her and replace her with someone less irritating and flippant
>end up doing the deed as she's recieving an astropathic message
>DM, likely irritated at the death of his self-insert waifu, treats it as a perils of the warp that causes a daemonic incursion on the ship, rocks fall, everybody dies
it was worth it though

I played in a Black Crusade game where the DM wanted everyone to work together to start an actual crusade against the Imperium. Party was 3 space marines and myself as a mortal assassin.
What everyone appeared to be:
>1st guy
"led" the warband. He had the ship and was officially in charge.
>2nd guy
He was a sorcerer of Nurgle, but he had to bail pretty early in the campaign.
>3rd guy
Knew him as a chosen of Khorne, and he was the #2 for the leader of the warband.
>Myself
Tried to be a charismatic dead eye, and loyal to a fault.
What everyone actually was:
>1st guy
The only one who took everyone else at face value. Funnily enough, everyone else planned to kill him at some point. Between the 3rd guy and myself, he never actually did any plotting or leading. But he thought he did, which is what matters.
>2nd guy
He didn't have time to actually expand his character. I think all he wanted to do was spread plague and disease.
>3rd guy
He was actually with Tzeentch the whole time. He kick started his own warband and was planning on taking over the 1st guy's warband. He admitted later to planning on hiring/ignoring my character.
>Myself
Got with the DM and worked out a system where my character was never actually in the same room as any of the other PCs at any point. I got together a hit squad and everyone wore masks except the mouth piece, who said whatever my character wanted him to say. I had plans to kill everyone on board if need be, but I was going to siphon funds once the warband started making money, to set up a secret base for a neutral blades for hire organization.
It was going well, but got cut short because the DM lost interest and joined the military.

I kicked the rogue into a pit, but there was a big sword in it so I jumped down too. Then I almost killed a GMPC and the campaign died. This was after we had spend 2+ real world hours breaking into a house because the door was locked.

Yes. I work for the Corps as an informant, gathering information about local shadowrunner teams.
I really liked my team, and wasn't planning on telling the whole truth with them, but then we a got a new member who was constantly connected to Jackpoint.

I mean, how could I not?

That's the first middle finger I had available.

You're super lucky.

Generally PvP is the group killer.

I think it helps that my character didn't fight to kill the party, just capture them.

I convince myself that it's the party betraying me.

I played vengeance paladin and killed a member of my party because my character decided he was falling to darkness and needed to be dealt with without consulting with my party first.