kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YHZ_apAW-4c
docs.google.com/document/d/1-QOmPNHZ4DkfWM2-XUpbgWNgd0jW5utxreL8JxJyJPQ/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jumpers!

Tell me your tales of technology! When do you indulge the digital? Do you court or flout the laws of physics?

How does your jumper look, /jc/?
>pic related

well, first jump

>pic

After enough jumping I finally decided to merge all my tech and magic. Enchant literally everything, why do you need heatsinks and radiators when a cold spell works better and is smaller? Need more storage space? Enchant a folded area of space there and fill it up with data storage crystals from halo. Processing speed too slow? Enchant that computer so it actually is running at a different rate of time than you, every minute you are doing something is like a day for the processor, do this with super tech so that your awesome super fast speeds are even faster. AI programs can also benefit from this by creating magical bodies for them to inhabit granting them more freedom, sure robot bodies would also work but by merging the enchantments that robot body can also be indistinguishable from a human with super powers and shapeshifting.

Magic/tech combination is the way to go.

You are a business man ghost?

I usually look like this guy only with a beard. Or a skeleton. Because skeletons are cool.

Draw it yourself?

>I made heavy use of those techniques and practices to refine my own versions thereof.
You do realise they know nothing about genetics, and their 'practises' are basically glorified eugenics programs that boil down to elders arranging marriages between high breeding Dynasts, right?

Hell, they're even wrong about basic things. Like, they think getting mixed elemental aspects in one a family is bad, while it really doesn't matter at all.

>pic related.

i know the colouring is somewhat off

Huh. I figured that they had that on lockdown. Well, maybe I'll just use that time to work on my own breeding programs based off of my tech and magic perks.

Thanks for the heads up, user.

Jumpers, how much did you use modern knowledge to increase chances of your survival in darkest dungeon?

How ready were you?

I was wondering - who made SAO jump?

It's nice, I miss when we got more arts.

>How does your jumper look, /jc/?
>pic related
This gets a few details wrong, but it's close.

I'm writefagging about the jump... so I guess I'll have some time before making the next one.

but I filled out the warehouse supplement already

I had the Vestals and Crusaders that were on standby just bless the equipment in preparation. Tons of Holy Water and praying. Does that count?

You should do bodymod too.

was not included in teh initial pdf i downloaded, but found it. the second jump is a universe i am entierely unfamiliar with. sounds fun but... what?!

>Toon form is the best form to have.

You mean Infamous? It's a PS3 era action game. People start manifesting mutant powers, basically. Usually focused on something remotely elemental though obviously more abstract. You wouldn't find an elemental plane of concrete even in Planescape, for example.

Jumpers.

Have you ever been the refugee? When you've had to run, where have you run to? What do your companions think when they see you flee?

I kind of wish the Paper and Glass Conduits DUP had showed up in the game. It'd have been sweet.

Pic Related though some altforms vary.

The paper one is in the DLC, isn't she?

yeah, i only have played prototype... maybe the game was not released her, idk.

but yay. prolouge + most of chapter one done.

…That webm reminds me.
I need to mass produce skimpy armor that is actually a multiple forcefield generator.
And I need a virus or biokinesis to make all my soldiers sexy.

It's hard to focus when your enemy is sexy and flaunting their body in front of you.
Yes. This plan is perfect.

>And I need a virus or biokinesis to make all my soldiers sexy.
RE's customizable virus supplement has options specifically for that.

I supposed my big tech thing is The Tumor, my Dahak Scenario Reward Imported as a ACU that I decided wasn't big enough, so I started incorporating upgraded Builders and SCT's from Blame! so it would just keep expanding. Then I started incorporating as much tech and magitech as I can to fill up the space, including my GDB Dungeon, a Mushoku Tensei Dungeon, Megas Therion, and all of my Fall from Heaven Properties. Then I imported it as my Sleigh in Santa. At some point, the sheer quantity of fused AI/Demesnes/ Genius Loci became Alice, who became one of my companions.
I tried to advance technology as much as possible, though I was a bit hindered by my lack of perks. By the end there were nuclear weapons, which helped a little bit.

I absolutely refuse to use any technology based on some magic super-particle or material that can do anything. So no Minovsky particles, GN particles, eezo, Tiberium, etc. They're the laziest possible writing, and I will not infect my own chain with them. No matter how useful they might be.

By the end of additional scenario or...?

How much did you advance in one year there

See , RE and Warframe both have options for such things.

(Sims 3) #48
-Background: Student (Social: Jock) (900CP) -Let's try something new for once. Might be curious to see things from their view.
-Genius (700CP) -More brains! I love brains.
-Athletic (Free) -AWWWWW YISS. Greater workout benefits and no fatigue? AWESOME.
-Disciplined (600CP) (Discount) -Natural aptitude? I'm for it.
-Green Thumb (400CP) -After this long, I think I want to have a guarantee at this. I can probably cook by now?
-Always Hiring (Free) -Always being able to get a job works. It's something.
-Steel Bladder (300CP) (Discount) -YES. AFTER SO LONG, YES.
-Dirt Defiant (200CP) -Hey, I'm for it! Plenty of use in this.
-Irresistible (0CP) (Discount) -And now I am PRETTY AS FUCK. With prior boons, I'm just fucking amazing.
-Basement Dweller (-100CP) (Discount) -A second floor for my warehouse needs?
-Censorship (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Isla Paradiso, Teenager
-End Choice: Next Adventure

This one was... a surprising twist. Relaxing. Very relaxing. I get to work out a bit easier, there's no problems with the bathroom anymore (after HOW long?), I can stay clean no matter what happens, and I've got a basement with which I can do some additional things and have some greater options. It's nice! It's kind of like a nice vacation with which I can just kick back and do the occasional work to blend in while looking things over.

I'm sure nothing will go wrong after this, and everything will be happy. We will never see anything influenced by past jumps and my reaction to them. Nope.

youtube.com/watch?v=YHZ_apAW-4c

The syntax was kind of strange there, so I'm just going to say that it was long after the Dahak Jump that I got bored enough with it to start experimenting.

*Also, I forgot to ask if anyone knew how long the Megastructure in Blame! has been around for in my original post.

I was referring to how much you advanced the tech and what did you accomplish within a year in darkest dungeon

I've been working on a Jump for IOU, an old GURPS setting that some may remember.

Here's a link that should let you comment on the current draft: docs.google.com/document/d/1-QOmPNHZ4DkfWM2-XUpbgWNgd0jW5utxreL8JxJyJPQ/edit?usp=sharing

I'd be glad for feedback, particularly in terms of perk balance.

What show is this? I swear I’ve seen it before, but I can’t remember.

Expelled From Paradise. It's a movie, not a show.

I figured out how to make time traveling pimp-mobiles and emotion based batteries along the way, so there's that I guess.

Link?

On a related note, any good ways to find a nice Jumper Pic or do most people google that shit?

Sorry about that. I just published as much scientific knowledge as possible in as much detail as I could while the adventurers were adventuring, and tried to fund the sciences.
Try Pixiv or danbooru.

I just draw mine, so I can´t help you there.

What's it about?

Thanks anyways, will report back when I get something.

For Read the Guide in Minish Cap would if be accurate to say that it gives you the equivalent of a very well written strategy guide for any task you face?

Also this part
>though some foes are incredibly complex without very particular combinations of skill, powers, items, and general battle accume used at particular stages of the fight you’ll find that this sense can’t help you as it assumes you’ve followed it’s instructions.
is rather unclear partially due to confusing/bad grammar.

The perspective of time shifts rapidly in Blame!, and while NOISE is somewhere around 2300 - 2400 range as far as years go, and can be considered safely pre-Megastructure but post singularity, Blame! is around thousands of years after that.

Near the end chapters its described that the process of recreation consumed the planets and other stellar bodies for necessary materials, so construction only slowed down once they hit a limit point as far as grabbing resources went. Resource deprivation also tentatively explains why the Jupiter room exists as far as why having a massive ass cavity suddenly would be fine.

Thanks.

Magitech is my thing, I fuse technology and magic into a beautiful whole.

Well Justice generally looks like a "perfected" version of myself, and I'm not posting me so fuck that.
And I never got around to how Gamer looks, beyond "well he's japanese".

But here is a picture of Justice's custom power armor, I designed it before Kamen Rider jumps were out and I could get the actual armor.

How strong are dc martians?

Heart-Shaped Pupils, One Mechanical Arm and One Demonic Arm are pretty much the mainstays across all of my altforms and such.

Stronger than Kryptonians. The only thing holding them back is the fire weakness. If they ever lose it, though...well, the results aren't pretty.

Looks kinda neat some kinda superscience/magic/psionics university. I'd have to read the source material to know if any of the capstones were going to far, but it doesn't seem like anything sticks out right now.

Basically let's say you were fighting Ganon (Ocarina of Time), for reasons. Read the Guide would tell you to first visit the seven temples of the Element and awaken the Sages, getting all the treasures of the temple as you go. Then it would go on about how each treasure would be of use during combat and the weaknesses that you need to exploit to get the proper opportunities in order to do just that, also you NEED to have the Master Sword. If you don't follow the instructions you way end up with just a very general idea about the enemies capabilities and weaknesses but the sense won't be able to help you with how to apply Out of Context stuff to the fight. Basically it a really perfectly written walkthrough, however it's written in the context of the Jump you are in not in the context of the Jumper you are. If that is confusing just ask me to clarify and I'll try to do so.

Have we seriously had like 600 threads in a year? I remember last year we were hitting 500 around this time. Jesus christ. That's almost two threads a day.

If you want feats then J'onn, the Martian Manhunter, defeated the entire Justice League when he turned into a Burning Martian, including Superman but excluding Batgod, in only a few minutes. Or was it seconds? Regardless, he defeated them handily and without effort.

Sometimes this thread is silly fast.

It's slowed down since summer ended, but there were days during the summer where we had three a day.

What is IOU?
The Illuminati University is an intellectual crossroads in time, dimensions and weirdness. It’s where anyone out of step with the mainstream of mundane life can carve out a place for themselves. All of this requires education and education requires money, so IOU was created to bring all of these factors together.

Basically, if each individual jump is a game, then Read The Guide gives you a walkthrough for that game, under the assumption that you're a new player, not that you're importing a character from the last hundred games you played.

Right?

Yep.

It mostly looks good! Here's a few things I've noticed.

The limits on the gender and age choice are weird. Jumps normally let you swap gender or choose any valid age when you pay CP, why are you locking it to only genders/ages that you left other jumps with?

Art is Suffering seems too weak. Why bother spending CP to guarantee a minimum wage job when the other departments offer skills that will help you easily make money much easier?

Illumni Association doesn't list a limit on how long you can stay at the university between jumps. The standard is six months, not stacking with any other vacations.

Daily Illuminator Subscription gives you a subscription to the campus newspaper, but time is frozen for other worlds during other jumps so I'm not sure what it could be reporting on.

As a more general thing, some of the perk trees don't seem related to what the department description says they're about. COUP sounds like it's for politicians and spies, but the perks are about sabotage, talking your way out of being punished for breaking rules, and being a medical doctor, and it's unclear whether the SPCA capstone is making you talented at art or just helping you convince investors that you are.

Could you tell me if I'm interpreting it correctly?
>A limited form of PtV that doesn't account for out of context abilities or deviations from a select few recommended paths, such as those you'd find in a strategy guide.

>An instinctive knowledge of the capabilities and weaknesses of enemies and suggestions of how to exploit them, also does not account for out of context abilities.

>A knowledge of hidden secrets,other items of interest, and how to get them. Once again does not factor in out of context abilities.
Did I miss anything or get part of that wrong?

Not perfect, but close enough for government work.

Damn the universal monsters jump is so good. I don't know if I want to go at it as a scientist who uses a potion to turn himself into a Doc Savage like pulp hero, a werewolf gentleman, or essentially Darkman as the malformed fighting Dracula and stuff.

What do you guys think?

The phone to ressurect dead for a price from Sims 3 is just beautiful.

In any plot where Ressurecting a specific person can derail everything, the first words that are spoken, the first words I hear due to my actions, are "Moshi Moshi, Shinigami Desu"

Its been awhile but you could ask Lucarioanon to try drawing a thing for you.

That sounds about right. It's bit odd and never take into account the Out of Context abilities, you might have to puzzle out which of your own Out of Context abilities might match the Sword of Truth when you don't have any idea what it does and only it's name and how to get it. Holy might not work on Ganon, as his weakness is Master Sword not Holy weapons, but a sword that has Bane Outsider (Evil) might just pull through for you.

Danbooru, Pixiv, Safebooru
Grabbing them from semi obscure mobile games

Any given armor/mecha by this artist.

Flip a coin.

>there were days during the summer where we had three a day.
Don't remind me.

Jump 44 Generic Universal Monsters
Background: Drop In
Drawback: Reincarnated Romance +200- Oh god why.

Perks
Scream Queen (Free)- The star of this horrific trainwreck.
Mouth Watering (300)- Surgeon general's warning, jumper is not safe for consumption. Jumper is not FDA approved.
The Beast Among Us (700)- Handy for plenty of altforms and with final form perk. Also for messing with people.
Henchman (900)- Could come in handy in some strange circumstances later?
Weight Of Ages (1000)- Pokemon tier exceptional utility package, a must for any jumper.
Countess Nona Repmuj (1200)- This will lead to hilarity when blending in with necrons wearing a fake moustache and sombrero.

Gear
Crucifix (free)- When I hit Jojo a certain blonde vampire is getting chased.

So it's 3am, the cars broken down, I have sunglasses on, and a case full of dragon's cigars. Lets do this, worst that could happen is being trapped in Dracula's castle. Can't possibly be any worse than the moonbase was, right?

Utterly wrong. The castle was on loan to Tim Curry, and my rocky horror nightmare was only just beginning for I had been expected. Timewarping that far surpassed 9 seconds was the opener in this party castle of creeps. The crucifix, it does nothing.

RIP metalgear shitposter.

Not much different than pic related, plus some nice glasses, even if I had eyesight that can see the entire electromagnetic spectrum, I'm so used to wearing frames I'd feel naked without them. I don't really go for some flashy aesthetic body, mostly just a lot of expression based reactions and jojo posing.

Oh boy, my very first companion, who is a sapient and sentient AI of my own design would help me for tons of my later projects.

Like adapting a group of companions into technomagic biologiocal humanoids who would form my basic special forces that could do tons of shit, like imagine Toha synthetic humanoids but imagine them also spamming magic and having downloaded skills and adapting their biologies to suit the missions presented to them.

This group and my AI would later work together for tons of years to create entities that could very well wipe planets of all life and conquer entire solar systems at their max settings. Things not unlike Endbringers, but you know, listen to me and obey my commands like Overlord NPC's.

Does any significant deviation from the guide kill the perk for the rest of the jump? Or can it eventually adapt to your new situation?

Say what you will about that particular shitposter. I liked him more than the more argumentative fucks.

This is early in the jumps, before things have gotten really weird

He did have a certain element of charisma and could be relied on to drown out the others for as long as it would take the thread to sink off the board and give shit a chance to reset if no one made a new thread immediately. Truly our dark knight.

Varies greatly. But mostly an inexplicably hairy dragonman. Dragon form is just a planet sized cosmic being.

If I were to fail/miss an objective on the course of the path the guide lays out for me would alternate objectives to achieve that goal appear if possible?

Thanks for the feedback. I've made some edits to address some of your points. I'm not sure yet to do about Art is Suffering and the other perk trees may need more tweaking, I'll give them more thought.

This makes me wonder: For all you big jumpers, do you scale up your devices, or do you just compromise and size shift down? Not weapons, either, things like phones.

The little cheek triangles and colour scheme make me think of a really bara guilmon

Wow guys I don't know what to say...
When I first created Read the Guide it was much longer and hand greater detail, cause I really wanted people to understand it, it was able to adapt and some other stuff.
That got shouted down by the Thread. It was too strong in comparison to the other Capstones of the Jump, I agreed.
Anyway I'll now answer your questions individually.

As long as you can set a task it will tell you the way to fulfill that task, without Out of Context abilities. So I guess you could manually update the thing by switching tasks for a second and reloading a new 'updated' guide.

See above for the method I think would work, but if I had to say, there might be side quests to make you over-prepared that would more than make up for a single fail on the objectives.

I've practiced working with small stuff so much I just don't even bother at times. So I'm just some massive monster tinkering with borderline microscopic stuff comparatively. Though at times I do just develop for personal use I don't really care about scale. Which can be a bit of a problem.

But in the event that I do have to develop genuine microscopic machines or magical runes. I shift to my kobold form for the job. I often use my Orc form for socializing. As that's the closest to human form I can get given the restrictions I have on my chain. Which has...interesting effects on my backgrounds. Often results in shenanigans that might as well be drawbacks in and of itself.

So if I wanted to collect enough heart containers to max out my health from that jump it would tell me how/where to find them, if it somehow became impossible to collect the ones it initially guided me towards I could "reset" it and go follow the new "guide" that is formed.

Yeah, unless it became impossible with In Context abilities to do it should be able to get you there. You might have to go get a special something or other but as long as it's possible in the Context of the Jump it'll set you one the right path.

Wait, what?

Magitech infused with my biology. I'm my own experiment and the one that I enjoy twerking the most. I usually use my hiveminded bodies or my masks to experiment first, but I have a knock for self-upgrade.

The only digitals that I indulge is upgrading or modifying my own mind, as well of some reality hacking.

Sims 3 has a phone item. It's available to buy with CP or get in jump... Kinda.

You phone Grim Reaper, and then you are like "I want you to bring back this person" but grim reaper is like "well alright but you better bring out some cash"

If you pay pitiful amount of money nothing happens or the character is brought back as a zombie. Moderate amount might flip their personality. High amount gives you the person properly with boosted mood

>twerking
hehehe

Well shit. Wish I'd got that.
*Goes of to rearrange chain. Again.*

Thanks for the assistance.

L-O-D-S O-F M-O-N-EY

What's that spell?

LOADS OF MONEY

No prob.

BROUZOUF
R
O
U
Z
O
U
F

So, would it be possible to transfer digitised sentients to a computer? Would they escape?

>twerking
Tinkering*

Damn language.

Like dog, preferably. They spend a lot of time in a more properly human form just to blend in though. We don't really like to make waves unless we have to.

Mostly clerical magic, fundamental chaos processed through quantum theory and then programmed into a useful form, alchemy, and good old fashioned elbow grease. Mairwen helps mostly with the digital processing and spell working but the hivemind of my set of companions means we're very strong at ritual magic.

Its been awhile and I'm not anything approaching an artist.

Red a thought occurs to me,I've been playing Warframe and everything you craft seems to be composed of one of seven basic materials, would something like delineated crafting from terraria allow one to craft the things in Warframe?