...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to EVONet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer.
>Last Viewed Files:
>Tittilating_Tails.trid
>Why_Only_Four_If_You_Want_More_-_Liminal_Frames.bpr
>101_Uses_For_Chameleon_Skin.ndc

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 8129 (68% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "Centaurs are out of style, it's all about driders now."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running BewareTheSheBeast.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

What's your favorite style of mage? Not just tradition, but the whole theme.
"In the ground where the street sam put them" is fine too.

>cant search shadowrun in the catalog and reach /srg/
OP you fucker

Why shadowrun and not srg? Saves you some letters, and unless OP completely fucks everything up it's in the copypasta.

Literally just did this!

"Oh hey shadowrun anarchy is out, wonder what TG is saying"

*opens catalogue, CTRL-F "SHADOWRUN", Its Fucking Nothing!*

By the way, Shadowrun Anarchy is out! I think I liked the prototype cover better.

>What's your favorite style of mage? Not just tradition, but the whole theme.

I liked the traditional shaman archetype where you were actually dealing with spirits. Nowadays everyone can just snap their fingers and make a bundle of mana with different paint jobs appear and do whatever they want. I loved it when mentor spirits were things hermetics just couldn't grok because they simply couldn't understand magic in that way, when you had to find out who the spirit of the land was and what you could offer as a trade for their assistance, when the magic reached out and filled your whole body and changed you, flesh and soul.

Unified Magic Theory is imo one of the worst cases of a game compromising story for mechanics.

It really bugs me that they're reusing art from Chrome Flesh for the cover. Should hardly be surprised after seeing art reused in Howling Shadows within ten pages of each other, but how broke are they that they can't spring for a new piece of art?
The problem with that was largely that if you couldn't coerce your GM into having the type of spirit you NEEDED be at that area, you were moderately fucked.

Shit writers are much cheaper than the caliber of artist they have got us used to, I guess?

I actually wonder how much they pay for each book, on their end. What was the total cost of R&D, Q&A for Anarchy? Did they shit it out the door and expect zero return?

>Did they shit it out the door and expect zero return?

No company does something expecting zero return. Their goal is to make money off the 'rules-light' crowd, and tempt some of them deeper in the SR bog and get them to buy regular books.

It's not like any of the spirits were so awful that you NEEDED a specific one. There's generally an optimal type for what you wanted to do, but if the place happens to be the domain of a spirit of fog and not a spirit of the hearth, you need to change your thinking and work through the issue. That give and take is exactly what I liked about the system, and it set shamans apart from hermetics; one works with the mana, the other imposes upon it.

>favorite style of mage
Either Christian that summons flaming judgment angels to purge evil, or bear shaman.

Speaking of mages, have you guys ever had weird mentor spirits in a game? Right now a player of mine has another PC as his, in the sense that the spirit guiding him manifested to the character as a more morally sound, idealized verson of another player. Its lead to some fun RP moments.

Maybe they expect this to explode amongst the geek-chic, critical role watching type crowd who find standard too dense

In which case, minimum investment, good return potential. But I don't know how it plays, so maybe it's still over their heads.

Man up and start using filters.

I feel like the bigger issue with shamanic spirits ala 3e and earlier is that I shouldn't be able to render a summoning worthless by jumping through a door. Yes, I exaggerate a little, but I'm likely to go from, say domain of Sky or City because we were outside to domain of Hearth because I'm inside a building.

And at that point the shaman's spirit can't do anything to me. He could leave the domain of Sky or City to go into Hearth and do another summoning there, or possibly something tricky with services and guarding places, but that's likely to draw some heat, especially if the spirit was a City spirit and I have some way of following that goes from Hearth to Hearth.

>No company does something expecting zero return

Sure they do. They'll even plan to take a loss sometimes. PS3s and xbox 360s had msrps at well below their manufacturing costs for a while, for example.

But in that case you haven't rendered the spirit worthless. If you were out on the streets, and the presence of a spirit means you've left the street, then you've just ceded the streets to the shaman.

If his goal was to murder you, then he is going to have to do it with spells or lead instead of spirit muscle- let's hope that by forcing you to go to ground you haven't put yourself in an even worse situation (like inside the building where his sammy partner is waiting with a cyberspur). If his goal was to secure the truck full of electronics you were supposed to be guarding, he's got his victory.

A loss leader is not a zero return. For all we know, Anarchy may be a loss leader (unable to recoup development costs on it's own) designed to pull people in the SR fold where the profit is made selling other books and merchandise. It's literally against everything a company does to act in a way that renders no profit to them. Even a company charity where they give away money is carefully designed to enhance the company's image, forge good networking ties, and end up producing a profit. You'd think someone in a cyberpunk thread could understand "Corps are motivated by money, and if you think they are doing something out of the goodness of their hearts you aren't looking close enough."

I just wasted 15 US on it. light rules how about no rules while fulling up pages that say do what the hell you want. No skill list. Magic a small list of combat spells with one line after the name. Went from 5th ed, 10 guys that do not agree on the rules doing different parts of the book. Fulling it with useless rules (many that made it so the story stuff could not be done in/with the ruleset) to rules that flat out did not agree on the same thing. To this piece of "ruleslight" story telling. BOTH useless

Unified Magic Theory also allowed people to fluff things they way they wanted.

Not everyone wanted to be a hippie to use spirits.

I liked the halfway autistic casters who dont really get that no one else is a mage and thus cant see the astral and the like.

Well, if the shaman can stay in the Sky or City domain the whole time, then yeah, I haven't made the spirit wholly worthless, just wasted a service (although that could end up the same, all depends on how much he got on the summoning roll).

But by similar token, if the runner's goal was in where I ran to, then there's not a lot of net gain going on and possibly net loss if the conjuring dice were misallocated and he took some drain.

Or if the guy had to change domains as part of his goal, then I haven't ceded the streets, just been a bit delayed. And if I can shoot or send out a message from in there, well, it's possible to have come out ahead.

>Not everyone wanted to be a hippie to use spirits.

You didn't have to be. Shaman and Hermetic were broad categories defining your relationship with magic. If you go at things in an analytic manner to get the desired result, viewing spirits as tools, then you're hermetic. If you had a more instinctive grasp of magic, viewing spirits as independent entities worthy of your respect, you were a shaman. You could be a Theurge who studied Enochian and the bindings of Solomon (hermetic) or a fire-and-brimstone Southern Baptist who called on the Lord with his every action (Shaman). In 5e, you can only be a charisma-based theurge, and if you follow the fluff you have an uneasy relationship with spirits at best.

You had more freedom when you could place yourself into one of the two broad categories, instead of sorting yourself into a specific tradition in 5e. It's one reason why Chaos Magic is a thing- because they needed an odd sock drawer when they realised the rules don't support the fluff of mages coming in a bewildering variety of personalized approaches to magic.

There's literally a section of the book called "Skill List", and you can optionally turn more power to the GM.

Don't be a bitch, but if you have to at least don't be a lying bitch

If the shaman is summoning a spirit every time he moves from one domain to another, or the dice fuck him, the drain becomes a problem. Same thing if someone tried sprinting everywhere, they're going to get tired and take penalties. If his goal is inside a building that is part of a different domain than the street outside (possible, though as you mentioned before it's not like the doorframe is the hard barrier between domains), then he needs to either be prepared to summon twice, or to get into the building and summon once. If he plans on taking that truck and then moving the shipment to a boat for an aquatic escape, he can summon twice, once, or not at all as he chooses (though the head start he gains while you are trapped in the building because he asked the spirit to crush you if you came out, and it's going to take 10 minutes for someone else to get on the scene, is pretty nice). If he fucks up, it's possible for you to come out ahead. Same way that if the sammy walks up to the front gate of a building and starts spraying bullets, corpsec gets the advantage because she made a mistake they can capitalize on. Shadowrunning is all about the clever play, leveraging your limited resources in a way that outfoxes an opponent who is vastly stronger than you.

If you wanted a spirit on the leash you can drag around and throw at every situation, you should be playing a hermetic. If you want to handle situations with tact and precision, and at the right moment turn the very environment against your opponents because you're best friends with Spirit Jenny From The Block, then shamanic is the way to go.

I looked again. the yes, hidden under they stat are list with one line. As to the more power to the GM- still does not replace rules. There is a middle ground most systems do well.

>What's your favorite style of mage?

I want to make a social infiltrator sort of character. What's a way to do this without sucking?

Get sneaky bioware.

Alternatively, get sneaky magic.

For examples, google "infiltrator shadowrun 5" and see multiple fully statted characters.

Influence, Voice Control

Should add for clarification: "Social infiltrator shadowrun 5", and sneaky as in subtle. Don't want you getting lost.

Pretty fun stuff. I'm looking forward to playing this with my friends who enjoy less crunch.

Not sure if I'll be able to talk much about it on here since most people discuss minmaxing.

There is one glaring issue to me where they describe vehicle combat and its stats but when you go to the Shadow Amps page vehicles are simply listed under gear and have no stats.

Also some players are too wacky in my opinion and what worries me about the cue system will be the constant change in tone. I mean eventually the mic is gonna pass to "that guy". I'm glad they left in an Optional GM system.

Wait wat. Do they mean this part is the preview and they go more in-depth later, do i have the wrong pdf or did they just release a "preview" and i was tricked?

C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S
A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C
T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A
A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T
L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T A
Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T A L
S T G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y
T G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S
G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T
A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G
M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A
E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M
L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E
A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L
B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A
S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B

It's just an editing issue.

shoulda figured, thanks chummer

One more line and you would have had a full loop. It's incomplete.

Whats the best way to learn more about different regions of the sixth world? I'm especially interested in Europe.
What countries states are there, how is the culture, any more information on the Fiux State (all i know is from the dragonfall game pretty much)?

Anyone ever actually play a game in Tir Tairngire or any of the Native American locales?

sixth world almanac and the various fluff books that focus on specific regions

look in the archive, most will be for 3rd and 4th edition

Focus on disguise, impersonation, etqiuette for the infiltration part of social infil, with Con, Intimidation, Leadership, & Negotiation for social control. Charisma is your offensive attribute, but Charisma, Intuition, and Willpower (also Perception) are all used for social defence vs particular skills.

Take adept powers or bioware that gives bonuses to the above. It's hard to truly suck when you do this, unless you really try to gimp yourself or ignore combat / stealth.

thanks

The real NAN arent halfway as isolationist as Tir Tairngire is, you can not only go to the Sioux Nation but then leave it to others, however the NAN dont really let corps have a big prescence so shadowruns aren't as possible.

As for Tir do you really want to interact with THAT many elves?

1st and 2nd ed London, Germany and Tir naOg source books all have lots of good world building also 4th ed Feral Cities has a few relevant chapters

Offer the GM sexual favors.

What rules aren't there? The game is a poor excuse for rules light because it's not actually rules light. It's basically 4e with the fat cut off, which makes it easier to keep track of things. No stupidly specific and arbitrary modifiers for every bit of equipment is an upgrade in my book.

There are problems with the book, obviously. It isn't perfect, but that's just how Catalyst does its thing. No helping that

I can tell people who care about shadowrun were involved, at least, and it's better than the alternative

I'm impressed someone saved what I posted.

Then it wouldn't be a square, fuckboy.

Sounds like you're suggesting sucking. Did not read conditions of request

>Then it wouldn't be a square, fuckboy.
It wasn't a square in the first place

Are you saying the editing is bad on our catalyst game labs meme?

So the matrix has paydata buried in it, not just hiden in protected servers but just, page 52 of a google search hidden.

So is it posible to be a dataminer and just spend your days sifting through matrix searches to find paydata? I'm looking for a Shadowrunners former job.

Given that it's Catalyst, this makes sense.

Depends on the year. 5e has the "New Matrix" which basically means it's closely managed by corps. Would there be buried paydata in reality? Possibly. Is there in Shadowrun's setting? Maybe not, since they can just make a bot that goes and cleans all mentions out and such.

>the NAN dont really let corps have a big prescence

They try to keep out paleface corps. Homegrown stuff like Wind River are just as dominant, and Horizon taking control of the agricultural production of the Sioux and Tsimshian are cases of the white man (or the yellow man) getting in the door.

I hate that flag. Flags should be made so even little kids can draw them

It is mentioned that the Matrix has been burned down and rebuilt so many times that there is all kinds of data in strange places- there's probably some forgotten server in a Trois-Rivières basement is still looking for somewhere to upload CatCO's budget for Q3 2064.

Go for it. Get that Code of Honour in RF that's about preserving data and say you ran pseudo-Foundation; not actually going into the weird hyperreal part of the Matrix, but picking around at the bones of networks that kept trying to lead you ever downward....

I know that, one of the states is a corp itself.
Its just they arent any of the big ten or their subsideraries, which means you arent running in the heavy leagues and are going to have to deal with fuckers like Wildcats without the real pay of fighting a corp equivalent.

I like the idea that flag design was taken over by marketing people, who spend 8 months and 20 million dollars to crap out something like this.

>Its just they arent any of the big ten or their subsideraries

See again: Horizon owning practically every farm in the Sioux, and MCT once owning an entire Nation in all but name. The AAA's are there, especially in the form of subsidiaries, they are just as in your face about it. Also, there's no practical difference in going up against Plains Coding and their private army vs. Renraku and their private army, from the level of a shadowrunner. If your Johnson is cheaping out on you because the bullets going through your dick only have two A's instead of three, you shouldn't take the job.

Oh, that much is true! Not sure how useful that data would be, but maybe that's why they became a shadowrunner in the end

It's an interesting thing to throw into a game. Some water-proofed stack down in the bowels of the redmond barrens with some corp's OS the crash of 29 never let see light

No, I said favors instead of just sucking for that exact reason. Handjobs and anal exist too.

It's 16 rows, 16 columns, genius.

Digging up lostech from the First Crash used to be a big thing in previous editions of the game, but strangely it never got brought up after the Second. I guess their desire to save what the world was prevented the writers from setting any of that up.

Somewhere, in the darkest parts of the internet burried under the corpses of a thousand deckers is a fragmented remains of Echo Mirage's deleted data. Including a list of all their identities.

>What's your favorite style of mage? Not just tradition, but the whole theme.
Gimicky dicks. My next mage is going to wear all red and cast nothing but fire spells. If I can think of any fire puns, I'll be making them.

At some point lostech is now considered just outdated crap that occasionally ends up really dangerous like a snooping program that broke optic communications that could've started a world war.

The fifth world gradually fades from memory, ceasing to be a ideal and just ends up a history lesson no one cares about.

I think you need to chill some.

I'm currently playing a Mobster Mage in 3rd Ed and having stupid fun with it. Talked to the GM about how I could make a pair of smudges float and fire themselves, and finally figured out that between levitate and magic finger I could successfully handle the pair without using my physical scores.

Then I full-powered a powerball into a car and nearly killed myself on the first session. It was good times.

>You had more freedom when you could place yourself into one of the two broad categories, instead of sorting yourself into a specific tradition in 5e
Except custom traditions are easy as fuck. You literally just chose a grab bag of spirits and a drain stat, then ask the GM if it's OK.

>I could make a pair of smudges float and fire themselves

?

Or even lazier ask the gm if you can just rename Heremtic as "Jew".

One big magic system is no less flexible then 2 big magic systems.

>It's 16 rows, 16 columns, genius.
Still doesn't form a square. The rows and columns aren't the same size.

I'm not a very chill person. Real hothead, in fact.

Huzzah! Story time.

First off, smudge = SMG.

2. So we're doing a kitchen-table type game at the LGS down the road from us, me and a few co-workers, and I went to the GM like "Hey, so I wanna make a mobster mage who uses his magic instead of his hands to do wet-work." and he was like "I think that's possible... Let me have a look at the book and see what I can figure out." and I was like "Good stuff!"

Comes around to first session, and he's struck with inspiration. He says "If you used Levitate to hold the guns in the air, and then Magic Finger to work the triggers, you could totally accomplish the magical guns thing."

So, now I have smudges that can be fired with the power of my mind, looking as though they fire themselves (Smartlinked to a pair of goggles, because cyberware is scary for us Full Mages.)

tl;dr version: Miracles.

Fix your display, then.

What does his display have to do with it? Ascii characters are taller than they are wide.

Fix-your-display user's browser may have bigger spaces between lines

Let's play 'Create a Snackbar'. Rules are:
> Has to be a snackbar - no slimjims, or bags of chocolates, or things of that sort. Oblong shape ideal, though if you wanna stretch your luck with a multi-stick Kit-Kat type deal, that's fine.

> Unique company brandings are eligible, but not necessary

> Nutritional value is open-ended: Is it a protein snackbar used for bodybuilders? Nutrition-sticks for people with symbiote bioware? Soylent Green? Or just good old fashioned bad-for-you candy, it's your call.

> Has to have a catchy or witty name / alternatively, a name so banally unimaginative that it is humorous ("Try Nutrient-Compound 77K! It's delicious!")

To get the ball rolling:
MunchCo Mouthfuls - A soft, spongy cylinder with a gloopy nutrient paste packed into it, MunchCo Mouthfuls get their name because of pellets containing compressed secondary gloop inside the paste. Biting down on one of these pellets results in a "Mouthful of surprise flavour!" as the contents spill out. First-time eaters often fail to estimate the pellet's volume, leading to potential choking hazards when consuming a literal mouthful, only to bite into a pellet and receive more than you bargained for.

What a disgusting flag.

MANBAR
Yes, it is capitalized like that. It's supposed to be for body builders and claims to be full of protein. It is not. It is a candy bar that happens to have a jet black wrapper and a really obnoxious advertising campaign targeted squarely at people who think eating a candy bar will make them more masculine.
It has a jerky flavored spinoff called MANMEAT.

Not to piss on your parade, but isnt most things in the sixth world made of soy? Because thats a lot of protein there, i dunno what kinda garbage they must put in it to NOT make it full of protein

Byproducts from the creation of soy goods that did have protein in them.

Would the myth that soy lowers testosterone still be a thing in 2078?

Stuffer's Shack's Stuffer Snack

A generic bar designed as a cheap knockoff alternative to higher brand protein bars that Aztechnology already owns like "Jaguar Chow". Its bland, tasteless, and makes you hate yourself a little with each bite.

Just like Stuffer Shack itself.

Wait, isn't Stuffer Shack Aztech itself, or is that what you meant?

help me /srg/ all of my fellow players are taking tens of thousands of dollars in Debt at character creation and the GM is letting them, how do I dissuade them

It is, but not everyone makes the connection, AAA corps dont like people finding out exactly how much they own. Hence why they have subsidiaries in the first place.

Don't, ask the GM to make it all to the same group, play someone with the Omertas code and be the legbreaker assigned to make sure they pony up.

Is there a quality that makes someone else indebted to you? If not, ask if the GM can implement it and use it to make the players indebted to YOU.
Then use it to make them your slaves, you are now de-facto team leader.

There isnt a mechanic that dominates PC politics becuase thats the worse idea ever.

Now having the fluff where they are all indebted to the same group or a member of it works, but even then that money goes to someone else.

'Nutri-Sweet!'
High in all the necessary nutrients to make it through your day, a single bar has double the nutritional value, with only half of the health benefits. Comes in seven different flavours: Raspberry, Strawberry, Banana, Peach, Maple Syrup, Chocolate, and the yearly Halloween 'Monster Orange' flavour.
(Has been known to cause weight gain, particularly in the chest and waist area of women. Scrutiny suggests that the nutritional rates are achieved through hormone-affecting chemicals.)

yeah, i fell in love with s idea as soon as i saw it, ignore my post

What do they call Johnssons in the AGS? The same? Asking since i heard they have different names in some countries.

If the GM does not have your back and it sounds like he is half pushing this. Make sure that loot is equal cuts and let them know you want yours. Had the same problem in my Sunday game. Even if the damm ass might start off better than you, you past them in time

So a health bar that makes women's tits get bigger? Guys must buy this shit in bulk for their girlfriends.

Stop being that guy.
Their characters, not yours

Fun thing is this actually solves some problems. Its the perfect opening hook.

Several people all, independentaly gets in the red with the Mafia, rather then break them, the opportunistic crime gang forces them to work together to shadowrun for their advantage, originally by pushing out gangers from territory and then gradually hitting bigger leagues like robbing Banks that dont pay the protection money.

Its actually a solid story hook.

Yeah, but they get fatter too.

Read the thread m8, problem got resolved.

Just don't have this faggot be the legbreaker. If he's complaining about other people's characters ALREADY he's just gonna ruin it for everyone else

>targeted fat gain

omae please

Eh, today we already know genetics determines where fat gets stored- not whether or not it's gained- and it should theoretically be possible to mess with that by Shadowrun's time. It's still obvious fetish bait, but it's slightly plausible fetish bait.

He's that guying because he cares. In-debt can really screw a character over in the long run and he just wanted to find a good way to convince them not to do something that may regret.

Friends dont let friends play technomancers.

If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Horizontal diplomacy is a part of every face's toolkit chummer.

Schmidt is the preferred pseudonym in the Allied German States.

if someone introduces themselves as Herr Brackhaus, leave. Either they are some two-bit dick jockey trying to cash in in S-K's rep to strongarm you, or they actually are S-K and you don't want any of that

Seconded. Do not dragon. Do not let your fixer make you dragon.

Whats a good way to justify being a swordsman with Stirve for Perfection besides being a samurai.