HHG 30k

don't die now dorn edition
last thread > R E A D . T H I S . B E F O R E . P O S T I N G

HHG FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

30k TACTICA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Horus_Heresy

Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List:
mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List:
mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents):
mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub

Strawpoll links:
strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

also reposting to be pdfied when the guy comes back
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6o7be8UuQA_eDUzbWVrQW9EbHM

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6o7be8UuQA_eDUzbWVrQW9EbHM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

konrad curze is faggest primarch

I wonder what is going to be worse once Inferno comes out : Yiffs coming to 30k or all the people trying to use their Stigmarines as Custodes.

Anyone get the yiff-king model yesterday?

Will Inferno unfuck wolfitywolfwolf?

Have this.

>implying sigmarines will be cheaper than custodes
Have you SEEN the price of those things?

It's so cute.
>What's that? Burn everything?
>Well, you got it!

Going to take my World Eaters out to stomp some puny Word Bearers. Luckily, he didn't bring and Tactical Assault Moons. Wish me luck, /hhg/.

Remind him to have faith as you chainaxe his soft, defenceless soldiers

I specifically was refering to those buying the stigmarine half of the starter box from Ebay

Ok, given it a few days and edited what was necessary. Criticisms given were too few bodies and not enough AT. The real question I want answered is should I get rid of the Medusa to add an extra Rapier and have 80-90 spare points to add shit, or is it fine the way it is?

2000 Imperial Fists

HQ (90)
Centurion – Artificer armour, Combi-weapon, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs (90)

Troops (785)
20x Tactical Marines (265)
>19x Tactical Marines, Vexilla
>1x Sarge, Artificer armour and Power fist, Melta Bombs

>19x Tactical Marines, Vexilla,
>1x Sarge, Artificer armour and Power weapon, Melta Bombs

>19x Tactical Marines, Vexilla,
>1x Sarge, Artificer armour and Power weapon, Melta Bombs

Elites (405)

3 x Apothecarion Detachment. (135)

1x Contemptor Cortus Dreadnought CCW with Plasma Blaster and Lascannon (160)

2x Legion Rapier Battery (110)
>2x Laser Destroyer array

Heavy Support (720)
Sicaran Battle Tank, Lascannons (205)
Sicaran Battle Tank, Lascannons (205)
Artillery Tank Squadron – 2x Medusa (310)

On a related issue, how does one better deal with deepstrikers, Bubble wrapping or Augury Scanners?

Blood angels would definitely think sharks are dickheads though

General needs an injection. Never seen it sit still for so long.

Agreed.

After getting tired of waiting, I just up and remade my account. For some reason this worked, but now I have to wait to get full privileges again.

>drive.google.com/open?id=0B6o7be8UuQA_eDUzbWVrQW9EbHM
We have a fully scanned white dwarf.

People are also likely reading Corax.

>reading The reflection, crack'd
>get to the part where they shove stuff up Fulgrim's asshole and he compliments Lucius on the size of his sword
>stop reading

How the fuck did they ever publish this? Was the editor on leave or something?

>How the fuck did they ever publish this? Was the editor on leave or something?

The editor may well enjoy erotic gay fanfiction? But I'd have labelled it as such, not as a normal BL novella.

How much time will that be?
>How the fuck did they ever publish this?
Because that Fulgrim is a meme. The only way to survive reading that part is regarding it as "it's going to be a Fulgrim is Slaanesh episode".

I'm not a huge fan of the Achaeron. Tried it a bit. It fucking wrecks shit. But it gets flanked and killed too easily as that (not torrent) flamer gets it too close to enemy lines by requirement too fast. If you're playing safe you're not flaming and wasting points.

I've just gotten a castigator for hordes, so we'll see how that goes.

What did he mean by this?

What is bubble wrapping?

Weird question: How well does 30k do for GW? I know the novels seem to be popular but surely the game is super niche.

Apparently they want a slice of the pie back. They want to do generic plastics whilst FW carries on the special stuff.

Is there a copy of the rules for the new flying automata anywhere? I know it was available to buy at an event over the weekend and came with printed rules.

Stahp.

placing cheap units around a more expensive one to prevent the deathstar being charged

How does that relate to my list? I can't tell whether those things are a bizarrely phrased criticism or the dafty just attached it arbitrarily

NEVER take lascannons on dreadnoughts. Besides the fact that lascannons only work in large numbers, the weapon upgrade is way overcosted on dreadnoughts

If possible take a 3rd laser destroyer rapier instead (which is only 30 points more than giving a dreadnought a TL-lascannon. Kek) and either take 2 shooty weapons or 2 Dreadnought CCW on the dread.

Bubble-wrapping is the best way to keep them away from your valuable units. Augury scanners can be more situational (interceptor bolters aren't gonna stop a leviathan coming down)

They were pandering to girls going through puberty.

Ok, thanks for the advice. The dread loadout is something I've been umming and ahhing about

If you're going for 2 dread fists on the Cortus don't take plasma blasters. The Cortus can already lose hullpoints, and having gets hot! guns means it is very likely to blow up itself before achieving anything

>tfw could be painting
>decided to watch a DOOM playthrough instead
Why.

Made the changes, got 95 points left. Master of Signals fits, but no upgrades possible for it.

Not sure again where to put them. Not enough to do anything big with

Use the walk through as a source of inspiration. Pic is unrelated, but is how other legions deal with the Death Guard. I would say it's DG training, but Barbarus probably smells badly enough.

That's the most slaanesh shit ever. No objections

post scans

Master of Signal could be OK if you stick him with the rapiers.
MOS also rarely needs any upgrades

It's that, or I could divvy the points between AC on the tanks, and artificer armour and Auguries on the Apothecaries

I dunno mate, all it makes me want to do is have a game/mini-game where you play as a legionnaire who fights daemons.

Or something like that, I dunno.

do you guys just keep on adding to the same legion or do you move on and start another?

user, you know nothing of Slaanesh. I was there for this atrocity, and now my soul is seared.

done 4 legions so far and once I have played with the army a bunch and finished it I sell it on and finance the next one. Send help.

You know, KA, you get a lot of crap but at least you're a loyal son of Dorn.
Which legions have you done?

People complain about modern art just being photoshop filters of models but you have a Johnny and the axe guy at the bottom in the normal poses

nah that's pretty much where I'm at. now that I'm "done" with my Imperial Fists enough so that I can play them at my LGS I don't want to add on anymore to it. Still just need to find the right theme and legion for my next project...

I plan on just making a massive iron warrior force with legion specific units from the other legions to just ally in.

Old art had some flavor.

Aw, shoot. That just gave me an awesome idea for a narrative campaign.

Both sides in a campaign are traitors, one must be Word Bearers and/or Chaos Daemons, and the other any traitor legion. The non-WB traitor legion would be freaking out about the Daemons and started fighting against them and the WB, for reasons.

I dunno. Something. It was a lot clearer in my mind.

Anyways, it would be a good reason for two traitor legions to fight against eachother without the lolloyalisttraitorsamiright? stuff.

Word Bearers, Night Lords, World Eaters and Dark Angels

Currently working on Dark Mech and Death Guard

>Anyways, it would be a good reason for two traitor legions to fight against eachother without the lolloyalisttraitorsamiright? stuff.
World Eaters being the unstable nignogs they are attacking the other traitors for no reason but because muh nails. The survivors of that attack then go to another Traitor Legion, ask for supplies, and then get into a fight because they go a no.

thought I'd let you know that Space Marine is on steamsale for 10$€buckerydoos.

>there will never be a game like Space Marine set in the Horus Heresy

kill me pls
>Ullanor Campaign SP missions
>Horus Heresy MP maps like Terra and Istvan 5

post the full one senpai, I need my soul fucked up real good

user, I'm surprised that you haven't started SoHs yet, or would start DAs without their full release.

thanks, I almost wanted to start a traitor legion next...but then I realized I'm too loyal for this shit, so now it's either UM/BA/IH when the new box set comes out.

Considering building a praetor + command squad on jetbikes, but would rather use Sammael's bike than the dildo jetbikes from FW.

Having no experience using such a unit and never seen it in action, is it decent or a waste of points like Headhunter kill teams ?

Just back from Warhammer World and the Heresy dioramas were awesome the IH/EC especially. Way too much AoS in display.
The Stormbird was for sale and look way more impressive than a Thunderhawk.
The paint job on my legion primarch wasn't that impressive, maybe I had too much expectations, time to order it I guess.

user, I warned you with the censored version's filename, but you brought this on yourself.
Try the Hands or Angels. You'll get more crap for doing your Destroyers UMs.

I dunno. Having a traitor and a loyalist legion seems like fun to me.

Then I realize I'm not interested in any of the loyal legions.

I mean, that's pretty out there, but it's not the worst thing I've ever seen
period sex is pretty fucked though

>02 October
Are you a time traveller or is this a different event

At the time no one was expecting it, that's why it got so many of us.

So why didn't anyone think to remove the Arch-Traitor's homeworld; a blade in Terra's throat seeing how close it is, from day one?

So far a mostly finished IH, and now starting SoH. I can't stop writing lists though for most other legions. I feel like I should bolter either of those before I would start another

How would you protect your artillery squad from deepstriking combimelta Cataphractii? What if flyers with lascannons appear and kill your Siccarans before they even have a chance to fire back? Kinda related, a full Vultarax maniple takes about 13 Las Deredeo shots to kill, assuming they don't jink or regenerate, taking grounding tests into account.

All traitor home world's were exterminatus'd after the heresy. Plus maybe there was nothing on chthonia worth attacking. Kinda like how when the allies retook mainland Europe during ww2 they skipped the German held channel Islands.

I really don't like painting SOH so they are out and yes DAs were a mistake to start, thankfully I did a decent job on them and sold them to some dude in the US, they felt so hollow to play without a book out.

I know they were exterminatus'd during the scouring; I'm asking why Dorn and Malcador weren't on that shit from day one.

They're effectively giving Horus an excellent staging ground for an attack on Terra

Guess it all comes down to whether I want to get IH MK3 as veterans from Forgeworld or 40k Blood Angel tacticals as veterans for like...half the price.

Brexitland here. October 2nd 10PM.

>Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Ultramarines hang out on macragge
>Blood Angels and Sanguinius make it back to Terra before Horus does
>Ultramarines and Dark Angels don't

wait what, why does the whole continuity seem to be off in HH?

Wait for the BL ass pull please

Legion homeworlds are well defended, and it would be kind of pointless to spite Horus like at the time.
The Calth debacle kept the UMs at bay, and the Lion loves lynching Night Lords. Possibly he had to help Leman out after the Wolf Cull.

In Weregeld it's Corax that helps Leman.

well but the Empire Secundus happened after Calth, so the three were hanging out in Macragge, THEN Sanguinius left for Terra, why didn't Rowboat join him?

I always thought Calth kept the Ultras occupied, but now the timeline is so crowded with odd happenings that the overall timeline seems strange.

Well, shoot. The Lion might honestly love killing Night Lords so much that they distracted him from coming to Terra. Plus, I think he wanted to go back to Caliban to see what was going on with Luther.
Word Bearer infestation brings down a planet's value.

You'll have to wait for BL to fix their fuck up

Is there any way every single list can take these things into account at 2000 points AND be fun AND fluffy?

Every time I write a list out, someone always points out something I can't do with it, I change it, and then someone else tells me I can't do the thing I just changed.

Ultimately seems like there's no way to preempt every eventuality and be everything proof and still play what you want and enjoy yourself

What nationalities do we have here
also British

so it's a know plot-hole and not
my lack of comprehension?

Well I don't know if you can call it a plot hole if it's intentional; but yeah, you aren't wrong, just going off of old info

Welcome to Warhammer, there's always one army you can't win against

Personally I don't bother too much with taking specific anti-flyer stuff. Things with Skyfire are useless against everything else and Flyers sometimes won't turn up before turn 4 anyway

That's my point, everyone sperges out when a list isn't perfectly specced or waac'd out to oblivion

I'm taking what seems fun and fluffy and thematic, and to be honest my list as it looks right now seems solid. Maybe I'm just being a noob, but most people in my meta are running themed lists, not spamming deathstars

Also the fact it was cap'd as spoilers made it so much better

Then just make a list and play what you want.

the most important part is that you like your army, that you enjoyed painting the models and enjoy playing them.

A friend of mine used to have a valhallan guard army, no tanks and barely any elites.

He just loved to zergrush people with his little guardsmen, he didn't win a lot of battles I know of but he still had more fun doing it than any metagamers I ever played against.

>>Blood Angels and Sanguinius make it back to Terra before Horus does

Sanguinius said "We going to Terra"
Ruin Storm said "Nope"

Later, Ruin Storm was with some friends and they asked how it got all those bruises and broken bones.
Ruin Storm "tripped fell down some stairs."

I am and I will, and I'm fucking looking forward to doing so

You were there?

Yes
It was a thread of "when you fell to chaos"

Most were pretty vanilla and cheesy.

Then that happened.

That's because if you're posting a list it's because you want it to be the best it can be, subconsciously at least, so if you just want your fluffy fun list to have a beer and pretzels game with your friends about then don't post it here

At least some of us got a first hand experience of Slaaneshis.

>why does the whole continuity seem to be off in HH?
because they dragged shit out for more drama with the "imperium secundus" nonsense, instead of just leaving it at "ultramarines and wordbearers went nuclear at calth"

Actually I like the reason why they did the Ruinstorm, because it makes sense why the DA, UM and the BA didn't make a beeline towards Horus, but Imperium Secundus was a mistake and not doing anything with it was an even bigger one

Kiwi here

Two of us.

I can just pretend it never happened, right?

RIGHT?

Ultras and Wordies going to work on each other at Calth and that being the reason they didn't show up at Terra was so much better than all the Ultima fuckery.