Looking for new players and DMs

Hi! Me and a few other people made a D&D discord, we currently have 2 games going, one in the works, with almost 30 people, most newbies admittedly. Having some more experienced players, and especially DMs would be helpful. If you're interested, add my skype, Zjun09, or just reply below. Thank you!

>30 people
How do you plan to split this up?
Have you played any tabletop games prior?

It's a D&D discord, multi games can go at once, since we have more than one DM, it doesn't have to be the same people over and over. You'll understand if you check it out ^^

What is, for lack of a better word, the point of this? Are all these different games taking place in the same universe? Or is it simply "this is a discord for people who like D&D?"

how new is everyone in general? Is this a bunch of middle school kiddos?

Well, we have a bit over 30 now, *about* 15 of those players are experienced. 5 DMs in the group. The majority are cool people. The point is creating a group where people who play D&D can play together, more easily. PM my skype and i'll show you.

This might come in handy.

I know how to D&D, lol.

Why are you using the same recruiting tactics as a cult?

Possibly.

Possibly, lol

But yeah, if anyone's interested PM the skype user Zjun09, ty!

you need to stop talking like you're from reddit

need more input.

I don't know what input you'd be looking for. Basically it's just a D&D discord i made with some people. We discuss D&D and host games.

host games on what? roll 20? as far as I understand you cant do video or have a game running in discord. or do you use that while you play on something like roll20?
tl:dr how do you actually play?

Seriously, you do need to do that.

Back before video or vtts were common it wasn't all that rare to find text only games via chat services. Maybe they're doing something along those lines?

We have a bot that rolls D20 for us, we're not noobs. So yeah

Yes, it's text based games, we have resources to make it more legitimate.

Learning how to reply to the posts would be good.

I know how, effort. But yeah, it's legitimate, i'd post the link here but you Veeky Forums fags would raid it,baka.

this whole thread

It's roll20, we have a bot to roll for us, and a team of good DMs. you should check it out! : D

so there is no visuals, its all old school and a bot rolls the outcome of your skills, atk, and dmg?

Please stop embarrassing yourself, you namefag.

You have a sheet to decide most of that, but yeah we have a bot.

Right, mate, you're obviously new to Veeky Forums. I hear you; there's an awful lot of players and DMs out there looking for online groups. And it's good fun to help them unite. But a few basic things you should've prepped and told these people about what you'll be doing if you want to get any actual animo.

Start of by saying what version of D&D, I'm guessing 5E? Second, why run it on Discord when Roll20 has free to use software for this? It really is an awful lot easier, I use Discord for my voice too, but the board we get from Roll20.
What's your time zone, what's the other people their time-zone?
You said you have 'experienced' DMs, but if you want people to get all riled up and ready to go you need to give them more. A basic plot premise, the themes of the group and the play you're going for. Is it hack-n-slash dungeoncrawler? Is it an RP heavy setting? Is it even a medieval setting?

Really, the idea is good, but I'm not sure you belong on Veeky Forums. Lurk moar.

I wasn't, but will now, you faggot.

This was more mature than i expected from Veeky Forums, i posted on a lot of sites so yeah. Anyway, Most of the people there are EST, we usually do 3.5 games but we do p much anything. We do have software for rolling, and such, but discord is better for communicating and inviting people, Imo. You should understand its basically a separate community, we have more than one DM who has different playstyles. One might like to do things more normal like, basic dungeon crawler or medieval setting. It's really whatever you want it to be. Hopefully this helped.

Eh, same user here, the first remark is kinda tongue in cheek. Most people on here only act like cunts because you're breaking a few unwritten rules. Tradition is that you lurk on the board for a bit to actually get a grip of the board culture before posting.

Veeky Forums is one of the best parts of Veeky Forums from time to time, and can give great advice. You just need to learn how to talk to it, after all, you can travel all the way up the mountain to talk to the ancient sage. But when he only understands Chinese you're fucked.

Fair enough, i will. I was just seeing if anyone was interested with playing some D&D.

What he said. Lurk moar. And please stop talking like a 12 year old furry-weeb. It does not say much for the quality of your group.

Good luck with the group mate, it's that I've got my next few weeks planned out already or I'd give you guys a look and see if I could help out. Anyway, I'm sure you lot have fun.

And don't be afraid to ask Veeky Forums for help, just learn Chinese in the meantime. It makes it all an awful lot easier.

Kk. If you want to check it out, add my skype, but i'll lurk.

Use the Gamefinder you asshole