Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Last call for /pfg/'s official lewd Eastern themed fluffy tail game!
app.roll20.net/join/1698250/KPjOew

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest (ends next monday so check it out): docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/resources
forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/wrath-of-the-righteous-pathfinder-golarion.4299/
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4034654/applications-slash-interest-checks-slash-questions
d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/young-characters
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/sleeping-goddess-maneuvers
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/simple-template-young-cr-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lewd is getting boring. Let's talk Vilderavn plotlines you want to run.

I'm going to miss /pfg/ when Veeky Forums gets shut down

What race makes the best concubines?

Drow

>Let's talk Vilderavn plotlines you want to run.

I want to play a campaign set in a homebrew setting where three mighty kingdoms seem poised for war after numerous international incidents strain relations!

I want to play a party hired by a wealthy, concerned third-party to investigate who is causing the tensions, and after carving through numerous proxy organizations and petty governments, it's discovered a Vilderavn was trying to start the first Great War because he wanted his name to go down in history among his kind!

Why is his right arm so stubby?

>this meme

No theme for this thread? Lets change that:

Gms, what makes you choose an application over the rest? what are your buttons?

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/resources
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Character Sheet - (106KB zip/PDF)

If anyone's interested, I'm currently running a mildly lewd hack of Wrath of the Righteous as a quest over on Questionable Questing. It's just began, and is currently in the character selection process.

Link for those interested: forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/wrath-of-the-righteous-pathfinder-golarion.4299/

Is the questioner investigator not able to cast in light armor like a bard? And would it stack with polymath?

>none of the games I run are online
My selection process is usually along the lines of, "No, Greg, you can't play a drow noble, because we already had this discussion and there are no drow in my campaign setting."

What are some good wondrous items options for Aegis other than the Crystalline Shoulders?

ITT: Rate parties.

I'll start by posting mines!

>mfw just found out about that Eastern-themed campaign
>mfw I check the chat and the DM says it's already full

O-Oh.

Who got in? Congratulations!

Genzoman is such a shit artist

Normally, I'll take what I can get.

If I was able to be selective, no animal kin races.

I have room for everything else. You can be a drow, tiefling, aasimar, genasi, or dhampir. I just don't want it to get too weird.

+size magical weapons they can wield with Powerful Build customization

bonus points if you're an Initiator's Soul and have E.Flux Nimbus stance

double bonus if you also +size yourself with the Increase Size customization

Why is Kinu so *cute?* I mean she's legitimately just adorable.

Her hyper-perky attitude and scratchy voice just completes it.

I know about customization for the Astral Suit. I was talking about Wondrous items from Psionics/weapon enchantments from Psionics that were good specifically for an Aegis.

My current setting is a made-up city state occupying a mountain pass between Cheliax and Andoran. It's got Fae in its name but there are no fae around at all. There's a history of wars in the area against a huge drow empire that lives under the mountains. Apparently the city state was founded on the blood of goodly fae who were wiped out in the conflict while fighting the drow.

A new war is brewing, yadda yadda yadda the last fae is a hidden Vildravn among the nobility burning with centuries-lasting rage who wants both civilizations to crumble to dust under their shitty wars.

Actually, why pick just one?

Thanks to the Twisted Love feat, my character has a vilderavn pining for her in a lewd game.

Don't you mean Selkie?

That's not a dog

But UMD is so important that you shouldn't give anything up for it, ever. Whatever I'm getting in return for UMD had better be hot shit, and Diplomacy isn't hot shit.

And seriously? d10s? What, is Nova Flare too weak at low levels? Too strong at high levels? Really?

It's my druid's companion, a Trollhound named Pudge.

He loves belly rubs.

I know this is a legitimate question, but that image is making me read that post like a petulant short woman (like Tatsumaki) wrote it and I'm just cracking up.

As with all things, you gotta be a bit more specific about your build, because there's a fuckton of options that don't all fit together very well.
Also, I only mentioned the customizations because that is your primary class feature, and synergizing with those customizations are how you maintain relevance as a martial.

Power stones are always handy for an aegis, with the repository and harness customizations. If you spend most of your time in the astral armor/juggernaut forms, psychoactive skins are fantastic. Ioun stones have a laundry list of benefits and no actual limit on the number being used.

If this sounds vague it's because you're asking for specificity without giving any guidelines.

Why doesn't Path of War have any magic items?

In PoW can you be a part of multiple Traditions at once, if they don't conflict? Something like Sacred Hymn and Cagebreakers?

Can you take PoWE stuff on older Initiators like the Stalker?

And is Elemental Flux OK without any points to augment it?

I might want to be Magic KI ninja man running up walls like nobody's business spitting fireballs at people.

I plan on beind a two weapon fighter with Keen Elven Curved blades using all the weapon dice size increasing options as possible in the normal customizations, save for E.Nimbus because my DM has banned path of war yet not psionics.

I had whole archetypes I was thinking of suggesting, but it's far too late for that and I can't remember all of them anyway. If I ever remember, I'll just go jam them into a document for later. Who knows, maybe they're something I'll be able to pitch for one of your later books.

The vigilante playtests have been fun, both to look over content and suggest things, and I look forward to your next one, even if I'm not that big into the kineticist. I'm stoked as shit for that dragon stuff tho.

So, I kinda want to play a kid in the new game I'm joining, is there any 1pp traits/feats/templates for that?

It does, the Steelforge armory or whatever.

You are the magic item Billy.

reposting for more feedback in new thread. Rate my fluffy tail and evil? waifu factory.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4034654/applications-slash-interest-checks-slash-questions

1/2

Anything that helps your accuracy, or that ioun stone (get it implanted) that gives firearm proficiency. Accuracy is one thing that despite their job Aegii ido not get (no weapon training no favored weapon bonus no insight to hit without veils, etc) and with their ability to buff sizes up and their mobility and defensive options already covered, they're in a particular place where they can make extremely good use of firearms

Akashic Catalysts aren't a bad idea either given you can get 1-2 veils out (third's too expensive) with decent cost and power.

Power Stones can be harnessed so they're another one to consider. A source of the "Form Astral Suit" power adjusted for continuous durations (better +6 points all day than spending a standard or something to get +8 for five minutes) would be very good for example.

Beyond that it's a lot like any other primary combatant: You want items that help your role/combat-style/mobility/senses/skills as usual.

The difference is that Aegis can provide several of those solutions on its own, so the trick here it to balance out what you can get from customizations and what you get as items carefully.

This is where using skin form with magical armor comes from: You save a lot of Cpts by just having enchanted armor instead of buying the armor bonus up, and can install certain functions or replace them with aegis customizations (like fortitude, flight, energy resistance..)

for those who hate roll20

2/2

Try converting some of the items from the Tome of Battle.

>Can you take PoWE stuff on older Initiators like the Stalker?
Yes

>And is Elemental Flux OK without any points to augment it?
Yes

You can take Advanced Study (Sleeping Goddess) to get the Unbroken Stride stance

>While you maintain this stance, you can walk and stand on liquids and other unfirm surfaces as if they were solid ground. You can move at your normal speed, but you cannot run on such a surface. This stance does not protect you from any negative effects that the surface might carry, such as the heat of lava or the stickiness of a spider’s web. At initiator level 5th, you gain the ability to move along walls and ceilings as if under the effect of a spider climb spell while you maintain this stance, except that you do not need to use your hands to climb and can fight normally.

Well if you do, let me know and we'll talk.

I'm glad to know people have appreciated this playtest, I think it went more smoothly than the first. And I can understand not being in love with the kineticist, it's a polarizing class. I'm really hoping that the dragon book is the next one on which I can focus.

The DM's already picked out his four players, user. He's simply holding out for a miracle 5th that might show up.

You should hold onto the concept though, titty Kitsune are fantastic.

That is in fact, why I wanted sleeping goddess.

Awesome, thanks.

>d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/young-characters

Elven Curve Blades are 2h weapons, and to be quite honest TWF is a poor option for a class that gains feats exclusively through character levels, as is a Dex-based melee build.

I assume you're an elf for the +Dex/Int and racial weapon familiarity, but that doesn't save you from the weapon still being two-handed.

where's the spellburst savant anyways?

>tfw your unfinished art keeps appearing on pfg

it's a weird feeling

Forrest's patreon, linked in the OP.

Disappointingly, these rules are written for kids, not for folks who want to play kids. Locking folks into NPC classes is one of the dumbest moves paizo made.

You also get power points for gaining maneuvers this way, and the psionic subtype.

>d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/sleeping-goddess-maneuvers

>You gain power points equal to the highest level Sleeping Goddess maneuver you know (including stances), plus one additional power point for each Sleeping Goddess maneuver known beyond the first (including stances).

Oh, thanks a ton dude.

The gear/equipment section is adequately small, compared to one sheet I'm debating the use of where it's about half the fucking page of one of the pages. Might use this, dunno.

Powerful Build Customization explicitly doesn't stack with actual size increases.

Maybe you could adapt this, instead:

>d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/simple-template-young-cr-1

"The aegis gains the powerful build trait while wearing his astral suit. Whenever the aegis is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for a Combat Maneuver Bonus or Combat Maneuver Defense (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the aegis is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. The aegis is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as grab or swallow whole) can affect him. The aegis can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category."

It explicitly DOES stack with actual size increases.

Nice taste N.Jolly.

Yup
So you can combine a size increase, powerful build (a virtual size increase) and a weapon virtual size increase (augment weaponry at low levels, a 5Essence Catalyst/Essenced armory of the conqueror at high levels) together.

Then you need to convince your GM that at the very least your weapons should qualify as siege attacks against shit like "deflect arrows" and attacking objects, since your large (counts as huge) character is firing Colossal II weapons that put both the damage and the SIZE of an actual cannon to fucking shame.

Reposting for interest.

We got a spot in a level 8 faux southeast asian/indian campaign. 25 PB with a bunch of houserules. High optimization floor. The GM is in NZ, so it runs 11pm-6am UTC-5. It should be running right now, but a few of the players are being ass, and we don't roll without at least 4. No Path of Weeaboo Fightan Magic or Spheres, unfortunately. If you're interested, drop a Skype contact or a throw-away email, and I'll message you to get you in contact with the GM. If you're a fit, and you're interested, you can join our merry band.

>Welsh sheepfucker gives links to Nohr music
Unsur-fucking-prising.

I guess it's 1 Nohrfag vs. like half a dozen Hoshitters in this game?

>No PoW
>No Spheres

You will get no interest

Oh no, I'm not OP, and you could probably just strip the NPC class part of the rules and have perfectly fine child characters. Just complaining because the one time I tried to play a child character years ago.

I'll be damned, I read that yesterday and could have sworn it said it did not stack. Odd. OH! I was thinking of Augmented Weapon! Yeah, ignore me.

How do double chained kama and kusarigama work?

man negima was hecka cool in middle school

what happened to it

I dunno, depends on the day, I mean it could be a chance to try out a spellburst or that upcoming danmaku warlock or something? That's not PoW or Spheres right?

Living Legend too.

I haven't played that game in forever, and I truly believe if it'd come out before FFVII, it'd be more widely known than it is.

But I wanna make dragon stuff like that. I'm really hoping to include more lore and such into the dragon book.

Uh, it ended like ten years ago, is what?

It ended early after 38 volumes, then Ken Akamatsu started writing UQ Holder!

Does Powerful Build stack with other effective size increases? Paizo says only one actual and one effective, but Powerful Build just lets you weild a bigger weapon, so I'm not sure it's "effective" since the weapon is simply bigger.

more or less fantasy semen demons?

"you are shit unless you one-shot encounters" is shit attitude that ruins games

It's Saturday. I posted it yesterday and should have modified the text with the actual day. What I should have said is limited 3pp. You would have to ask about Spellburst Savant or the Warlock. I just mention Spheres and PoW because that's what I asked about when I joined.

Yeah, I figured as much. No reason not to give it a shot, though.

EhnJolly, come join the game in the OP and be a Nohrfag.

It's an "effective". It doesn't ONLY do weapons, it affects CMD as well. Also obviously does not double up with racial powerful build (like half giants), it's the same ability.

Still, that's plenty. Just from powerful build and the aegis size customs alone you can go from medium to huge counting as gargantuan, and using other methods can either wield weapons counting into the colossal range, or attain colossal yourself as well instead.

Is more like:
>You're shit if you can't one-shot encounters in a group with people who can one-shot encounters
Or maybe not shit, but you'll have a very misserable and boring life as a PC

Well to a lot of people "no pow no spheres" might at least be a yellow "wait, is this paizo-only" yellow flag. Not red, but yellow.

Anyways, Saturdays is out for me, already have game that night. Granted it ends around when this one would start but that's a bit much for one evening.

People do not realize that the further you push the pathfinder rules, the more they break and fail to function at all.

Fewer

7 hours is a bit too much for me, Senpai, even though the game itself sounds fun.

There any good airship rules for PF? Hell, I'll take regular ship rules if you got them.

Well, what I'm saying is, Impact, Lead Blades, and the sort are considered effective size increases, and Paizo says they don't stack, so if Powerful Build is an effective increase, it wouldn't stack with others. You could only get to Gargantuan.

I've not been involved in this discussion so far but, as far as I can see, it works like this.

Powerful Build increases the size of the weapon you can wield. An effect on you. The weapon itself is actually larger.

Impact/Lead Blades increases the weapon's effective size.

And then things like Enlarge Person which enlarge you.

All three of these stack and work together.

Yeah, if I could get the GM to allow PoW, it would be nice. He says it turns the game into rocket tag, and I'm inclined to agree when we're already doing pretty sizable damage.

It would be nice for the rider effects, but taking damage would likely make the rider effects useless.

Also, the game is max level 11, so we won't be going into crazy wizard territory as hard.

Impact and Lead Blades affect the weapon, not you. So they're compatible with powerful build.

PB lets you wield a larger weapon. The weapon hasn't been affected yet; you just buy/obtain/create a bigger one.

Impact/LeadBlades/Armoryoftheconqueror/Augmentedweaponry/Earthstance all affect the wielded weapon. Not the wielder.

Now go make that Discipline-Shapes graviton cannon into a 16d6 semi-auto paradise

I should say it doesn't always go that long. I'm mainly basing that on one session that I remembered to watch the clock. Last night, we went midnight to 4 because folks got sleepy. We only have a set starting time, and we usually stop when we hit a spot that seems fitting, or people are getting sleepy.

That's how I thought it worked, but I wanted a second opinion, thanks. My GM has been running it like that, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something I wasn't supposed to.

Question would be if impact like buffs stack together. Or at least the Elemental Nimbus Stance

It does... and it doesn't.

It in no way prevents it, and it expands the number of classes capable of comitting rocket tag, but those already existed from the core (including Fighter, Barbarian, and even the poor fucking Monk).

The main advantage of PoW is that it offers you that increase in damage output without utterly shredding your other aspects. You get to do that damage but still have mobility. You get to do that damage and still have skills. You get to do that damage and still have defenses. You get to do that damage and maybe even be the face.

It's easier to hit 1600+ DPR with a barbarian than with anything in PoW. However it's true that your basic output floor WILL be higher than unoptimized non-PoW damage dealers (this is a very good thing for newbies).

Only thing it really crushes is this vain hope that maybe you wouldn't focus your build on total annihilation as something non-PoW because of how much more complicated it can be to pull it off without shooting yourself in the foot; but honestly for all its popularity, "maybe they're not very good at the system yet" is a very poor argument indeed.

The effectives don't. No powerful build and powerful build, no impact and lead blades and gravity bow and elemental earth stance.

Again though; we can easily get to colossal, so it's not really a problem.

Friendly reminder that the Roll20 fluffy tail GM is just a Myth-Weavers-style NPC farmer, but this time he's getting WORLDBUILDING done too.

He's not going to run the game, he's just stealing it all for his own games.

Okay, so now that openly talking about ERP characters is apparently a thing now, what was the absolute lewdest character you've ever seen or played in a campaign?

The lewdest I've seen was a voluptuous witch tied to the fae who regularly consorted with animals and apparently suffered from monthly heat cycles. Most of it was done on the down-low, but the concepts expanded after talking with the player about it more.

Secret mountain tribe of warrior half (or quarter) dragons. Interesting idea or cliche?

I think he has put in place many houserules that can reign in the power balance a bit, including a level 11 cap, and it doesn't mesh well with what he has made. I can't be 100% sure, or argue it on his behalf. He has much more experience in Pathfinder than I do, as I have never actually gone above level 11 in a game.

Played a guy with an arranged marriage once. That's been the lewdest.

Good lewd or bad lewd? I was in a game with a character who would regularly correct people when they called her a lady, saying she was, in fact, a slut. She would give away magical items in exchange for ERP, and the player's previous character followed another player around masturbating because "she was in heat." The player would often brag about being a sex addict in Skype chat.

Damn, user, that's very bad lewd.

Actually, I'd just call it plain That Guy behavior.

Interesting idea.

It doesn't come up that often in fantasy.

who the heck even wants to play a game that involves this much devotion just for some chubby fluffy tail weeb memery

I feel like it comes up in weeb stuff all the time though. As long as my mostly western fantasy minded group won't notice it's all good

The craftsman concept seemed kind of cute.