How do you justify thin poorly built characters with low strength wielding massive, oversized weapons...

How do you justify thin poorly built characters with low strength wielding massive, oversized weapons? Isn't this just an anime thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Francisco
Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Magic.

Science.

Chi.

Whatever the fuck you like.

I don't justify it, because I don't find it appealing enough to ever use.

Why do you make threads asking dumbass questions?

Are you one of those dumbasses that keep on starting those bikini armor threads?

>garter armor
really tho

Why do you care?

They're smug anime girls. So it just works.

>It's another "where do you get off playing your game like this" thread

a person's strength is inversely proportional to the amount of clothes they are wearing.

Do they bonuses if the clothes are fancy, or like high heels or whatever?

Off the top of my head, Beowulf once used a sword too big and heavy to be lifted by other men. So huge weapons are old as dirt, and you don't need to justify physical build or anything because muscles are meaningless for superhuman fantasy characters anyways.

>had dex barbarian gnome in party
>had a longbow and greatsword

I never asked questions

Hot, right?

They grant +4 str.

>How do you justify thin poorly built characters with low strength wielding massive, oversized weapons? Isn't this just an anime thing?
Fun, rule of cool shit like that.
Makes as much sense as anything in a fantasy setting.
Also -4

>thin poorly built characters with low strength
Obviously I don't. They're thin poorly built characters with high strength

>Isn't this just an anime thing?
Anime only started doing it because of artists who imitated the style of Warhammer figs in order to make things feel Western and exotic.

And no, tons of mythological figures had special weapons and armor too heavy for normal people to use. Hell, even the American War of Independence had a guy so strong that George Washington ordered a giant sword forged for him, longer than most soldiers were tall.

drugs
magic
magic drugs

Styrofoam weapons, it's a modern day campaign and you all meet at a convention.

Her legs don't seem quite right.

I do it because I know someone will be upset about it.

Ultralight unobtanium alloy

>I am a bag of shit

I don't
Oversized weapons are for plebs even incase of bulky characters
And for most actually practical looking weapons raw, strentgh is secondary at best, but it is still aesthetically superior to pick a weaponry fitting character frame.

Either they have superpowers or the weapon belongs to them in some metaphysical way that lets them wield it.

It's magic nigger, I ain't gotta explain shit.

>Low STR
Well if she can lift a hunk of iron the size of a child her STR is obviously out the wazoo

That's not really a thing.

There are tiny girls that wield big weapons, but they're always either actually strong or have some mechanism to do so (magic, technology, technique, w/e) even without physical strength.

The weapons are enchanted to be lighter.

Continually and non-stop.

This.

>Hell, even the American War of Independence had a guy so strong that George Washington ordered a giant sword forged for him, longer than most soldiers were tall.
Sauce?

Dude even a zweihander was weighted under 8 lbs.

You may not want to, but you can lift that bro.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Francisco
I love this guy. Want to use him as a Heroic Spirit in a Fate/ game.

>How do you justify
If they're thin characters with low strength, i don't. They won't be able to.
If they're thin characters with high strength, i don't. There's no need to.

My settings resemble 1980s fantasy art more than anime lately, so it's not really an issue.

Well, I don't in semi-realistic settings. In my more high-magic settings, I might throw in a character or two like this. They are simply stronger than they appear. Sometimes this is magical, sometimes just an aesthetic choice.

For example, one culture in a story I'm working on gives all adults tattoos made from the blood of a demon, while the demon is sealed inside a suit of ridiculously heavy armor (so heavy that even a race of supersoldiers struggles to wear it). The tattoos allow the person to wear the armor as if it were normal clothing weight-wise, even to sleep comfortably in it. This is important because outside of their ensorcled bunkers, the world they come from has chaotic magical effects that are highly lethal, and the armor protects against this.

>They won't be able to.
If they're thin characters with high strength, i don't. There's no need to.

Some systems explicitly forbidden it. For example Basic Rollplay limits to you to your combined average of your strength and size. Your mass matter just as much as muscle.

Of course you get systems like later era Dnd that don't take into an account size in Str at all, and let you play 18 strength pixie.

English not my first language, ooga. Sorry IfIt looks like crazy rambling.
There was a PC who wanted to play a character like that.
I slightly buffed the huge weapon damage but to use It, the PC had to wind up which took him a whole action. Once the weapon is in motion, he can keep attacking with It. The logic was that he uses the weight and and big spinning motions to keep the weapon swinging.
The moment he stops attacking or decides to do anything else, the weapon has to stop so he has to use wind up action again before attacking

The on ly system I can think that states that ou looks are affected by your phisical stats is Anima. So everywhere else you look whatever you please.
Pepin the Short carried a sword half a meter bigger than him. Reality is ok with them.
Last, in most games you take the fire breath of a dragon, look at how much HP you have left and go on, realism is always a retarded thing to bring there, you have to ask for consistency.

>oversized weapons
I wish this shit-tier animeme stopped

I don't.

"It's not real."

What would he be summoned as?

Probably Berserker.
You know it's gonna be a long fight when someone finally traps/ensnares berserker and he pulls out a cannon.
Could also be a huge Saber maybe, but I don't think he's famous enough to warrant the "spotlight" class.
An Americana based Fate/ would be pretty great. Washington as Ruler, Paul Revere as Rider. We already have Edison.

I like my women wielding big weapons

Like this.

>pictured: a thin poorly built character with low strength

Giants belt + ogre gauntlets.

Eat shit nerd.

>justifying bikini armor
>justifying cute girls with big weapons
>being this insecure
>"it's science, guys, my fetish character is totaly justifyed!"
Just fucking roll with it, faggots.

Suck my dick. Choke on it.

>Disliking Bikini Armor

Wow you must swallow gallons and gallons of semen every day!

I'm actually not sure if he's calling it bad. I think he's just saying to do it loud and proud and not give a fuck. Which, in the right company, is the right way to do it.

She aint low str, deal with it.

Which is also way better.

How does she even stand like that? It looks like she is about to fall over, even without the oversized weapons.

They are actually some sort of fundamentally supernatural creature, whose apparently-biological features have nothing to do with the actual source of their strength.

So an anime girl?

>How do you justify thin poorly built characters with low strength wielding massive, oversized weapons?

By not playing realistic fantasy. Just fantasy.

I was thinking corporeal spirits, undead, disguised lovecraftian monsters. So, yeah.

Good for you.

Daily reminder that Gilgamesh and Enkidu wielded axes and daggers weighing 3 talents (somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-300 lbs) apiece.

I'm not saying that, faggot. My point is that you shouldn't try to make it plausible, because it cannot be done in a tasteful way, most people aren't retards and won't buy the shit you'd come up with. Just be straight about it, or don't do it at all.

Apparently he's also a janitor of this board, because I report all these blatant off topic "how do you justify my fetish" threads and they never get deleted.

Ah, the SoulCalibur Equation.

It seems you need a Veeky Forums pass to report stuff now.
Veeky Forums.org/pass
>A Veeky Forums Pass allows you to [...] reporting posts on the Veeky Forums image and discussion boards

That's not what it says.
>A Veeky Forums Pass ("Pass") allows users to bypass typing a CAPTCHA verification when posting and reporting posts on the Veeky Forums image and discussion boards.

I shortened the sentence for clarity but my point still stand.

...No, it doesn't? What you said was complete bollocks. All the pass does is skip the captcha.

>Anime imitated Warhammer
Source

Oops, my mistake, I've never reported anyone so I didn't know there's a CAPTCHA when reporting.

I always thought oversized weapons in anime were imitating video game sprites, which of course had to skew proportions for the sake of visibility.

I think he's talking about how Veeky Forums related stuff introduced the fantasy genre in anime.

Powered exoskeletons with good weight distribution and load-bearing equipment.

Groundbreaking developments in materials science leading to weight loss across a multitude of weapon types without sacrificing durability or firepower.

Highly advanced bionic augmentation.

Nanomachines, son.

Magic.

Lifting something doesn't mean you can fight with it.
For example 5lb. shield is really heavy for fights that last more than a minute

Four of those reasons are the character + equipment having high strength, and one is the weapon being less massive than it looks.
0/10 I'm calling your parents.

>Nanomachines, son.
Armstrong is fucking huge, though

I've never used the trope myself, except when i was playing in adventurer's league as a blade lock. And that time I was straight up using magic to wield my magic sword that had to be big enough to cut monsters in half.

OP never mentioned anything about equipment-based buffs, just the person's build. Compensating for poor natural strength through equipment is a perfectly legitimate way to justify wielding massive weapons.

I meant that as a joke--the sci-fi equivalent of "It's magic, I don't have to explain shit."

Do you have an Archer?
Also, you need John Henry as a Lancer

>And no, tons of mythological figures had special weapons and armor too heavy for normal people to use.
Yes, and they were appropriately built. Herakles wasn't a 4.5 foot tall trap wielding his massive club.

You can't prove that.

I hate to be the fount of autism here, but a main part of the myth of Herakles was literally that his lute tutor Linus told him that he couldn't play the lute properly because he was a goon with huge hands.
Herakles then beat Linus to death with his own lute.

Look at her right thigh in comparison to her left one, it looks like it's disjointed from her hips. She has insane lordosis and her left tit is twice the size of the right one. The big toe on her right foot is completely disjointed. The picture is a big fat mistake.

depends.

with the right skills, you can utilize your MAG stat to improve the STR you use to wield a weapon, or magical weapons with this feature already build in.

whatever the case, lacking both MAG and STR means you got no business with big weapons.

Magic could make it so the weapon's mass and weight is effectively decreased for its Wielder but nobody else. So it's still a massive, heavy weapon, it just feels light as a feather to the person swinging it.

Cu Chullain was though.

I don't care, do what you want, have a Forte.

Wizards did it. That's all the justification I need.

In a world where people can say a few words and cause giant 'splosions, earthquakes, and reverse gravity, I don't see it being a big deal of using magic to make something weigh less.

>his hands were too big to play music

I want a moe Hercules trying to do things clumsily now

Bikini Armor is the most boring fucking example of fantasy fetishism. Get better taste faggot.

Agreed. Battledress is the best.

>be a chuuni mage
>wield useless oversized animu sword and wear chainbikini
>spend 99% of the time casting shit from the rear far away from the physical fighting
>once the enemy is basically dead rush in and slab them couple times with your butterknife
>brag how cool you're

the sword has the density of gas, and will actually float off into the sky if it gets too hot

Now this is a man with actually decent taste,

This sounds extremely fun as a mechanic.

looks cool man
fluffy wings are the best

>not knowing about glorious Thomas Edison Caster powered by the founding fathers

Leomon Edison is the best.

>blimp sword
>the user can set fire to the sword and throw it at the enemy if shit really hits the fan

>How do you justify thin poorly built characters with low strength wielding massive, oversized weapons?