My GM made Nyarlathotep a loli

Send help.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=anime nyarlathotep
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>rape

He wouldn't be the first person to do so.

>implying you don't want to be tentacle raped by a non Euclidean creature
>implying the vast totality of his presence won't make you cream instantly
>implying the wails of the mad won't make for am excellent backdrop
>implying Nyarlethotep isn't sexy af to start with

Give her the dick

He's not even the first.

sorry friend I think there's not much we can do for you

This is objectively right.

Goddamnit Veeky Forums you motherfuckers. Though it was less magical realm and more completely fucking hilarious.

Make a kids party and play an innocent and childish campaign.

As a eternal GM I am writing this down for later use.

why do you have a name?

Dude: there's an *entire anime series* where nyarlathotep is a loli. And all the other major san0damaging lovecraftian characters.

Don't respond

Nyarko-san isn't really much of actual Nyarlathotep though, this Nyarlolihotep actually acted the way Nyarly is supposed to. S/he was a complete who somehow we all liked. Also was one classy motherfucker.

*complete asshole

Played us like fucking fiddles too.

>Nyarlathotep has 1000 forms
>And for each there is at least one creature in the universe that said form will drive mad
Guess we found yours

Sometimes it is believed he has an infinite amount of forms and simple gave the number 1000 as a way to comprehend it.

If so it's equally likely to meet Nyarlathotep in an ancient ruin stalking the fools who go there or cute chick Nyarly getting drunk at the bar.

You think that's bad? My GM made nyarly a hooker that my character slept with. She laughed at my dick and gave us a tip to where cult shit was going down because we'd previously accidentally protected a certain interest of nyarlathotep's. That later came to bite us in the ass, of course. And my GM also made my character into a loli.

You need help? You don't need SHIT.

Sounds like a good time, I'd be all over that game.

Nyarlathotep is probably the only outer god where that's not only okay, but expected.

It has actually been one of the better campaigns I've ever been in and I shouldn't complain.

Thats not exactly a new thing.

>My GM made Nyarlathotep a loli

>he never saw nyaruko-san

you got some luck there friend

What if all of Nyarthotep's forms are qt to at least one being in the universe?

What if it's Nyarlathothep's intention
What if he's just really, really horrible at judging beauty standards

>"Greetings, Nyarthothep. Something is troubling you, I see."
>"Oh, hello, Hastur. I keep attempting to make first contact with these apes, but for some reason they keep fleeing and attempting to remove their eyes with sharpened implements. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong!"
>"Have you tried using a euclidean form?"
>"Pfft. That's ridiculous. Who'd want to screw THAT?"

Now I want to write a short story about a guy getting hit on by a girl who turns out to be Nyarthothep.

>Veeky Forums, turning the works of mentally unstable 1920s horror writers into waifu material since time immemorial

yes, and?

I didn't say "stop."
let's ride this crazy train untill it's a hunk of twisted, burning scrap

I have so many questions about this pic.

Hastur as a shota/trap: yay or nay?

Doesn't really seem to tie into the lore. But hey, it's your headcanon.

Sure, why not?

I just noticed the upper version has cat ears too

Which is with and which is without though?

Probably. He doesn't really seem to have a "true" form, just various "masks" he wears, and I doubt there's anything stopping him from making new ones on the spot.

The real fun starts when you have a bunch of his masks running around, all doing their own, often contradictory thing, because old Nyarly has so many plots going on even he can't be arsed to keep track of all of them. I'd give it 50% odds the current presidential election is Nyarlathotep running against Nyarlathotep to replace Nyarlathotep, while Nyarlathotep watches from the sidelines and makes fun of stupid mortals.

So what's the problem?

You know at some point we're going to need story time for this

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, or Nyaruko: Crawling with Love. It's an odd one...

google.com/search?q=anime nyarlathotep

Fuck off, /a/. We like to be helpful around here.

Teaching someone how to find answers to simple, easy questions for themselves is helping them. There is literally no reason to ask what show and wait and hope someone gives you a serious answer without at least googling it for yourself and seeing what comes up first. Doing so is faster.

Here here

Whoopsy, wrong image.

Nowhere near that long, because I can remember a time where you cancerous weebs weren't fucking here.

You whyfoo faggots should go back to your quest board and /jp/. This shit isn't even Veeky Forums, just talking about hypothetical bullshit trying to (poorly) justify talking about anime and sameface animu daggerchins.

Might we just repurpose this thread for general Lovecraft stuff. Haven't seen one in a while, and I don't think whatver stuff I have to say would deserve its own thread. So I'm just going to use this oen to share some musing on Lovecraft's cosmology.

Now, HPL was not one of the writers that did meticulous wordlbuilding and kept thrack of every little detail. In fact, his "Yog-Sothothery" was mostly about having a bunch of names he could insert into otherwise unconnected stories to give an impression of a larger universe beyond the single story, and he often contradicted himself in various details. However, I think him keeping things very vaque aside from some broad strokes is part of the fun, because it lets you have your own intrepertion on a lot of things.

Now, what I've lately thought of is the stuff about the Outer Gods in HPL's "Geneology of the Elder Gods" drawing, and how that might be intreperted (it's not at all serious thing, but it's one of the very few source we have from the man himself about how he envisioned the relationship between different eldritch gods).

Basically, you've got Azatoth at the very top, as expected. Azatoth spawns Nyarlathotep, as well as something called "the nameless mist" and "darkness". From the nameless mist comes Yog-Sothot, and from the darkness Shub-Niggurath.
Now, all of existence is supposed to be Azatoth's dream, and Nyarlathotep is implied to be his soul, or likely the part of his soul/mind that is observing the dream, so it makes sense for him to be one of the very first things to exist, and Yog-Sothot is generally accepted to be the personification of space-time/universe/multiverse. But rest of the stuff is less clear. So here's the way I intrepert it:

...Or rather, I'll do it in next post because I ran out of space.

So, when Azatoth starts dreaming, at the very beginning there are three things: his conciousness who is seeing the dream (Nyralathotep), nothing (ie. void, ie. the darkness mentioned in the geneology), and..stuff that isn't nothing. At first that's just vaque undifferentiated...stuff, ie. the "nameless mist" from the geneology (think of it as you falling asleep and starting dreaming, and there being a short while between the two before the dream really starts). That "mist" eventually forms into the universe/multiverse, ie. Yog-Sothot.
But you still have the third thing, the one that isn't really no thing but exists anyway because the things that are something need a place to be something in. That nothing becomes Shub-Niggurath, who would essentially be the "is not" to Yog's "is", to borrow from Elder Scrolls cosmology.

What I like bout this intrepertion that it does explain the connection between Yog-Sothot and Shub-Niggurath. They're generally described as being of roughly comparable stature, and HPL once referred as Shub-Niggurath as "the wife of Yog-Sothot". The geneology also shows an union between the two that starts a "family tree" leading into the Great Old Ones (and HPL himself, since he added himself into the end of a line descending from Cthulhu; as I said he wasn't exactly serious when he drew the thing).
But Yog-Sothot is literally the universe, while Shub-Niggurath just has some vaque connection to fertility and life. They hardly seem like equivalent things. However, this intrepertion makes Shub the literal manifestation of nothingness/void/everything that isn't the universe (or Nyarlathotep), which makes more sense for "wife of the thing that is the universe". This makes her connection with life very interesting (why is the being that would literally be nothingness/"is not" also be connected to life and fertility?), but I'm not going to start speculating on it now.

And to stay on topic, here's Shub-Niggurath as a cute girl.

This is a good breakdown, user.
I've not read any Lovecraft but this is a good frame to better understand those names other than "lol mindbreaking non-euclidean great old one insane maymay :D"

Dude, that image is clearly set in Euclidean space, it just has a few extra dimensions. Here's an actual picture of non-Eucliden space, courtesy of NASA:

Thanks. Well, because I don't really have anything to do at the moment, I am going to speculate a bit about the connection of Shub-Niggurath-manifestation-of-void and life. Now, a word of warning: if what I previously said was a bunch of far-reaching speculations derived from very limited sources, the next is purely my own thoughts and not really based on anything concrete.

First, we'll start from a quote from the man himself:

”Death—its desolation and horror—bleak spaces—sea-bottom—dead cities. But Life—the greater horror! Vast unheard-of reptiles and leviathans—hideous beats of prehistoric jungle—rank slimy vegetation—evil instincts of primal man—Life is more horrible than death.”

Considering HPL was a horror writer, it's safe to say that Shub-Niggurath is more about that kind of life than about flowers and butterflies. In fact, one of the key themes in Lovecraft's writing is civilization vs chaos/wildreness. There's a lot of stuff related to thing falling to ruin and degradation, and is also the reason why his cultists are very often various "primitive" people, whether scary foreigners or inbred farmes (his view on race are another reason, but the two are intimately connected; Lovecraft's racism was actually less about one race being physically or mentally superior, and more about the English culture, which he considered the best culture possible, being diluted/corrupted by foreign influence).
In that light, the connection with life and the darkness/void/nothingess/whatever you want to call it makes more sense. While Shub-Niggurath is all life, from Cthulhu and ghouls to butteflies and puppies, the truest form of life in this case is not a benevolent force, but a chaotic force of violence, corruption and decay, seeking only to spread and consume without thought; something man has barely managed to rise out of could easily devolve back into.

>people post nyaruko
Good taste
>people don't realize or just don't point out OP's image is /literally/ just monster musumes version of a great old one.
>calls herself doppelganger because people wouldn't understand what she is otherwise
>creeping chaos
>faceless existence
>literal tentacle hair
cmon, people.

You barely used your sanity anyway.

Primest wench.

Consider a universe without life would be (or rather how it might be envisioned in the contect Lovecraft was writing, rather than how it would really be): a perfect clockwork universe where everything follows a pre-determined course set by the laws of nature (of course, in real life, chaos is still a thing even in such a "perfect" universe, causing things to occasionally go off the rails regardless). But introduce life (and not just life like we know it, but also unfathomably powerful eldritch entities that don't give a fuck about conventional laws of nature), and the neat pattern breaks down, as living things have a nasty tendency to have some degree of free will (even the simplest of creatures has more degrees of freedom than an inanimate object). Life is "chaos" to unliving universe's "order".

What I would posit, that the "union" between Yog-Sothot and Shub-Niggurath that resulted in the existence of lesser Outer Gods and the Great Old Ones (and likely all life as well), was not really comparable to mating, but rather Shub-Niggurath trying and failing to devour Yog-Sothot. However, the union between them introduced some "Shub-Niggurathness" into the universe (and probably some "Yog-Sothotness" outside the universe), which manifests in what we know as life. Life is therefore essentially a parasitic infestation left behind when the embodiment of nothingess tried to unmake the universe.

>And to stay on topic, here's Shub-Niggurath as a cute girl.
Come to think of it, why wasn't Shub-Niggurath in the "Mythos crestures as cute girls" anime? She'd seem like a pretty obvious choice, being consistently described as female in the source material. Instead Cthulhu out of all things fills the Christmas Cake position.

I've been considering doing this for a Laundry Files RPG, as an 'advisor' for the Japanese Mythos agency.

Just seems appropriate.

>Numerous Nyarlathoteps
>Kamen Rider Decade
hwhat

Yes, a Cake. Her connections to fertility ought to make her a seed-starved milf.

Fret not, chap. Here's Shub-Niggurath as a horny older sister.

well which is more likely to be the truth?

your next bbeg

Inform him that cakes are far superior.

“Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black MILF of the Woods. Ara~ Shub-Niggurath! Ara~ Shub-Niggurath! The Black MILF of the Woods with a Thousand Young! Ara Ara~”

you need to take it a step further, going far enough with this whole thing so he will never make anything else a loli ever

the skys the limit on what you can do to Nyrathlotep, technically she isnt even under aged and hell if anything deserves to be scat raped its Nyrathlotep

I fuckin' hate Nyarlathotep

>Raping Nyarlathotep
Yeah, that's going to end well...

And you can probably remove the "technically" part of her not being underaged, since Nyarly is literally older than the universe. You can't get any less underaged than that, regardless of whether he's dressing up as a little girl or not.

Mmmm... Crawling Christmas Cake...

A loli as in an overly sexualized little girl who is sexualized just to be sexualized, a normal creepy little girl or a little girl sexualized for an additional creepiness factor to hammer in the point that Nyarlathotep is absolutely amoral and insane to the point of trying to make you uncomfortable or feel ashamed of yourself?

That's not non-euclidian space, that's gravity distorting light. That halo is just the curved wavelengths of the galaxies being obscured.

I think my boner just failed a SAN check.
Seriously, I don't know how to feel about this.

Did someone say adorable lolis who are actually indescribable monsters?

Here's a family tree apparently drawn by HPL himself

You got the rest of those?

Afraid not, user. I was unaware there were more.

My GM made Nyarlathotep Hitler

>hear hear
FTFY

Seconding request for storytime.

I think I remember you. Pretty much middle aged dude with no close relations that only found solace in booze and smokes, now can no longer indulge in either THANKS OBAMA.

oh man I want that daki

Dear god not that manga. Trying to keep up with that page by page is actually painful.

Shall I tell the tale of Nyarlolihotep Veeky Forums?

in a collaborative store I write, The Necronomicon is a friendly gentleman with thirteen fingers total (which includes a second thumb on one hand) and makes everything feel like you're in a Germanic Expressionism painting.

Uncomfortable, he was going for uncomfortable.

Yes.

We had found out about a cult in a small town in the countryside who had been extremely busy at work had been the cause of child kidnappings had been going on. From what we had learned they had taken 7 kids in a town of 42. But I'm getting ahead of myself let's get a bit of background knowledge. Our party was traveling cross country in search of shady shit. The thing was we weren't exactly looking for anything there we had come into town as a party of four just trying to.take a bit of a break after we had a run in with a few Hastur cultists who had been putting on a show of the King in Yellow. The Town's People acted weird and seemed sorta passive aggressive nothing openly hostile but they didn't want us there. They'd watch us looking for something like we had a purpose in coming here. We managed to with some reluctance A homeowner get a room and spend the night. We decided to investigate in the morning, while one of us took watch pretending to be alseep before switching every two hours. As it so happen about a bit after the second switch the homeowner opened the door ever slightly and watched for us sleep for an hour before closing the door, welcome to Churchill.

Sorry if my story timing is shitty.

Formatting's poor. Use paragraphs more.

Got it.

We managed to learn about what was going on from one of us eavesdropping on some of the Town's Kids gossiping about the missing children. We reconvened in the nearby woods and discussed what could be going on. We definitely knew that this was some of the shady shit it we were looking for.

We tried some speculative ideas on what it could be, human sacrifices seemed most likely but we didn't rule out a far less savory possibility that they were Servants of the Defiler. We had only encountered him once. We were scared shitless at the idea of meeting Y golonac again, he had killed two party members in a previous encounter before we successful fled.

We were wrong. We had no other leads (that we knew at the time: we searched a bit at the town hall/library/courthouse and found a legend about a hunter that wandered the woods and protected the town. We had no fucking clue what that would even relate to.) and eventually returned to our dwelling place.
Once it turned night again and our host had fallen asleep we got a break, an anxious looking pair walking down the street at 2:30 AM. We decided to trail them.

We had one of our party act as a scout and the rest of us would move if the coast was clear. We trailed them for a bit till we had found were the were headed to the Churchill's Church (which was indeed upon a hill. They went inside and we observed by looking through the Church's small windows. There 7 long dead kids and one alive one. We were clearly a couple days too late to the party. We needed to know what we were dealing with to save the 8th.

The Cultists looked sort of like monks with brown robes that were sorts bland. Except each of them carried a stone age like weapon. Stone knives and spears and that sort a stuff. From what we could hear the remaining child was a tempter and a corrupting monster who tainted their children with things that shouldn't be known and how Node-

tTat's as far as the High Priest got till started shooting at them through and shot him with several pistols and shot him and several of the Cultists. We dropped the High Priest and a spear wielding Cultists. It became a shooting gallery after that. Dumb cultists should pack heat next time.

I'll try to wrap this up some other time, I'm way to tired for this.

Bumping cause I want to hear how this ends.

what the fuck is this?
are
is he serious?

who this