Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

If you had to pick one and only one, would you rather have a blinkling or a kitsune in your party?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest (ends next monday so check it out): docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit
pastebin.com/9kvbDjKX
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#heading=h.ahunc3g1deal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blinklings are canonically ugly.

Probably a kitsune

Reposting from previous thread:

Sup, /pfg/
Can I get some feedback and input on my homebrew class, the Empyrius?

Its designed to be a well-rounded class capable of covering offense and support with a few crowd control tricks.

Its main encompassing theme is a person capable of harnessing 'Essence'. A catch-all term for Ki, Powerpoints, Grit, etc.

He may use these Essences and shape them to either bolster his allies by using the Augment Essence Quintessences or to harm his foes using the Augment Siphon Quintessences.

>Page 2 "It is equivalent to a spell whose level is equal to 1/2 the avowed's class level (minimum 1st level)."
Should also have a "maximum 9th level" line

>Page 5 Body of the Fiend: "You gain damage reduction/silver or damage reduction/cold iron (chosen when you gain this ability) equal to 1/2 your avowed level"

This feels too strong, 1/2 level DR is Barbarian tier even if this one is overcome-able. I recommend it be dropped to 1/3 level.

>Page 6 Indebted (new subtype): "However, if your soul gem is physically present when a spellcaster uses raise dead, resurrection, or a similar spell on your corpse, the spellcaster does not need to provide the normal material components for the spell.

Way way too good. Free resurrections are a no no. I think it should be changed to have the gem let you use it in place of a body or body part when casting those spells. Also it needs to be clarified what happens to their soul gem after they come back. Also what happens if you crush it while the person is still alive.

In general, I think "Shape Clauses" and "Clauses" are too close in name. Perhaps change "Clauses" to "Utility Clauses"?

Kitsune, on the grounds that the Blinkling's official Bloodforge pdf art is pic related.

So, Forrest broke off (no, broke off, DSP is done for) and is doing their own thing.
You faggots managed to drive off more of the devs who bothered to post here, AND the threads have turned into animu shitposting that would make touhoufag proud.
Fuck you guys, I'm going to the Scion thread.

Are the Harbinger's Grim News abilities from 9th and 15 levels constant, or is it limited to a certain duration per day or per encounter?

Why aren't you playing a Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) knight defending the realm with liberal applications of Elemental Flux, /pfg/?

I just assume that's up to the GM. Maybe establish Thistletop as the primary Goblin holding in the area like our GM did, make it clear that crushing the place would prevent any major Goblin attacks for the next couple of years at least.

cuz I'm using silver crane.

>Skalds (be sure to sing something pure hotblooded from JAM Project or Dragonforce)
Skald or Bard for maximum "LISTEN TO MY SONG!"

Constant

>Reminder that Ozma listened to Fire Bomber and survived Pineapple Salad

Constant. Where were you getting the suggestion or implication of a limit?

Y'alright there user? D'ya need to talk?

To be fair, the animu shitposting began because of the fuffly tail campaign.
I suspect the thread will return to "shitting on wizards " soon enough

When did you ever say first come first served, you autist?

Proof of autistic elitist snub GMery:
pastebin.com/9kvbDjKX

shhh. he thinks you're gone!

Reposting this for the new thread, the Avowed's current public preview:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg/view?usp=sharing

This link (and the uploaded PDF on the left) is to an 18-page preview, including the base class, enough options to play all the way to level 10, and a single pact (fiends). There'll be more to come about midway through October, once I get the rest written up, including many more pacts, several archetypes, and a buttload more abilities to pick from.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anime's always been a very social thing for me. My weeb thing is manga reading. I have read /so much/ manga.

>Should also have a "maximum 9th level" line
I don't actually see why? There's spells higher than 9th level (heighten some stuff with metamagic reducers).

>This feels too strong, 1/2 level DR is Barbarian tier even if this one is overcome-able. I recommend it be dropped to 1/3 level.

It's DR that's overcome by many weapons, and also barbarian is a fucking awful benchmark for DR, since their DR is basically worthless until high levels. 1/3 level would be completely and utterly useless, not even worth putting on your character sheet. Honestly, between the perception issues inherent in people overvaluing DR, and this actually not being strong, I'll probably replace Body of the Fiend with something different and more useful.

>Free resurrections are a no no
I don't really agree; it's a strong potential risk if your patron has reasons for wanting to keep you, and free resurrections are imho very good for the game. I can see it causing problems potentially, though. I'll alter it to halve the cost and count as the body instead.

>Also it needs to be clarified what happens to their soul gem after they come back

Whoops, was meant for the gem to stop existing as long as you're alive.

>Shape Clauses
Or I might just call them "Shapes".

Gimme a bit, I'll upload some fixes.

Because not everyone sucks PoW's dick to the most extreme extent.

Shit. I was really just hoping it wasn't constant. I'm the one who just gave a go-ahead for a Wizard/Harbinger gestalt a few hours ago.

That image is too raw.

Front Mission: Dog Life
is a good mecha one, if you're into the sorta-depressing war story ones.

> Gestalt

user, you knew what you were getting into. I am not even a little sorry.

hi Gareth and Forrest, can I bother you guys a bit and ask for some feedback to my homebrew?

Y'cannot, sadly. I'm backlogged on malefex and three other things, part of my face is fucking disintegrating (again), and I'm otherwise kinda busy. I know I said I'd look at it before, but I'ma have to beg your patience.

It's a small enough party that I thought things would be alright. Now I'll have to deal with a Wizard with a fly speed in the party

I deserve this for not reading the Harbinger thoroughly enough before I okayed the concept

Anyone up for a knightly game where you slay dragons, rescue fair maidens, and combat evil wizards? Ping me on the /pfg/ IRC if you want details. Its 32 PB PoW Gestalt.

Reposting this again now that I have refined the idea.

I have done more reading of the Unchained Barbarian and am separating out the design decisions it made that I liked. What I have seen that messes with the barbarian class is that there are a lot of must have rage powers, such as superstition. Finding a barbarian without superstition is like finding a needle in a haystack.

So I've thought about this fact and come to a conclusion for the design of the Unchained Barbarian. If there is a class feature from a list that players will simply always take, then there shouldn't even be an option there.

My other decision is that this is to be rolled into a new class feature called Tribal Heritage. Tribal Heritage will replace all the current "Totem" rage powers. At first level, much like a cavalier chooses a totem, one would choose a Tribal Heritage. This comes with an automatically scaling totem, a modified superstition (superstition that one has more control over for when they use it+ a small different bonus) and two entirely new things.

>additional skill suite
skill trick (basically a unique way of using a skill, like the current cavalier orders have) + bonus class skills

>modified rage
Every tradition will have a small modification to rage, like orders modify challenges.

This new feature will come at the cost of Trap Sense and DR. Both of these will become Rage Powers (DR possibly becoming two).

So the only static class feature Barbarian now has is Fast Movement and Rage, all others have some form of character input (either choosing a tradition or a rage power).

As well something I have been thinking about is Barbarian's lack of out of combat versatility. For this I examined the new stances that exist as rage powers. I have thought of the possibility of such stances to include some thematic abilities, such as ranger favored terrain bonuses, scent, and more that can be used while not raging.

General thoughts of a redesign of the unchained barbarian?

>I don't actually see why? There's spells higher than 9th level (heighten some stuff with metamagic reducers).
Mainly for consistancys sake. Compare to the Kineticists wording: "an effective spell level equal to 1/2 the kineticist's class level (to a maximum effective spell level of 9th at kineticist level 18th)"

>It's DR that's overcome by many weapons, and also barbarian is a fucking awful benchmark for DR, since their DR is basically worthless until high levels. 1/3 level would be completely and utterly useless, not even worth putting on your character sheet. Honestly, between the perception issues inherent in people overvaluing DR, and this actually not being strong, I'll probably replace Body of the Fiend with something different and more useful.

That's true...... I retract my statement. Also I'll be playtesting this next Saturday, so I'll check it out then.

>I don't really agree; it's a strong potential risk if your patron has reasons for wanting to keep you, and free resurrections are imho very good for the game. I can see it causing problems potentially, though. I'll alter it to halve the cost and count as the body instead.

I should have been more specific, I wasn't concerned about the Avowed, I was more concerned with allies under the effect of the Fiend pacts "Temptation" ability.

As opposed to furry fox bitches?

Can I be a fair maiden rescuing dragons?

You want the most hotblooded skald in all anime?

pic related

>Mainly for consistancys sake. Compare to the Kineticists wording: "an effective spell level equal to 1/2 the kineticist's class level (to a maximum effective spell level of 9th at kineticist level 18th)"

Fair enough.

>That's true...... I retract my statement. Also I'll be playtesting this next Saturday, so I'll check it out then.

>I was more concerned with allies under the effect of the Fiend pacts "Temptation" ability.

Even so, that's still just "you can reroll your character a bit faster and get back to the game without losing your plotline." You'd still get hit with a negative level off raise dead, etc. Even so, I'm cutting the power of that effect a bit.

Give it a bit, I need to think up a replacement for Body of the Fiend, and then I'll upload a new version.

Man, what even is Symphogear?

That's not fair, she's like a Skald / Steelfist Commando / Vigilante Magical Child

Anyone here play Guild Wars 1? How would one homebrew a Dervish class?

It's possible and up to discussion. Just poke me on the /pfg/ IRC if I'm online and you're being serious

Well, it would be cheating to use the original art for Blinklings, but not do the same for Kitsune when comparing the two.

Comparing pic related to that Blinkling you're looking at, I'd probably prefer pic related.

I don't have access to this mystical IRC, and I'll only be able to talk mobile tomorrow until around 7, but I'm definitely interested. Is there another way to contact you?

Lets be fair, even Precure is hotblooded under a veneer of cute girls doing cute magical things

The best.

Symphogear is the best.

Make an initiator. Give them abilities to make their strikes hit multiple adjacent enemies (probably with some decently stiff limitations), and some psuedo-casting buffs and heals.

You can add TheLegendNeverDies#6031 on Discord

Alternatively, play a warpriest or inquisitor or other divine casting class and give them an archetype with whirlwind attack.

I guess it was more for the teardown mechanic than "divine scythe guy"

Because I am a being of pure hotfix, I've uploaded a second version, with some quick fixes and a new ability that's both more useful and honestly more on-theme with the set of abilities this Fiend pact gets.

Source?

You are branded as the elitist snub GM who denied everyone fluffy tails!

... Forgot the link. Welp.drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

Instead of playing a knight, can I instead play a potion seller?

It's done. I get that you don't like him, but please don't spam every thread with this.

I just fucking mentioned about it in my post, you mong

You can play a knight AND a potion seller!

Derp, I'm an idiot sorry.

So what is everyone's favourite Medium spirit combination?

>Champion, Butcher, Savith
>Guardian, Terminator, Arnisant
>Trickster, Deceiver, Ambras Imre
>Marshal, Warmonger, Azghaad I
>Archmage, Lich, Sulesh the Great
>Hierohpant, Heretic, Abrogail Thrune I

In theory, there is also Nex in the archmage category, but it locks you into the Nexian Channeler Archetype.

I must say, I was always more of a Ranger/Ritualist or a Elementalist/IDon'tCare player. Maybe I don't know the real charm of the Dervish.

You don't need Vigilante Magical Child for the transformation sequence.

Just get some glammered armor

You'd have to be the Donald Trump of the potion business. I don't think so.

Dervish was mostly a formula of:
>give self feeder buff
>use attack that can remove buff and gets bonus stuff if you do
>feeder enchantments usually had some effect when they end
I think it might be fun to try to adapt to pathfinder, though I'm not sure how.

>s4 and s5 soondeeeesu

Requested. I'll be able to talk tomorrow, but I gotta get some sleep. My game was last night, and I only got 3 hours before work.

Hmm... I think you could make that work.

A mechanic where you say "Hmm.. I think I'll want the end effect in ... 3 rounds." and vary your effect duration to change when you get the end effect would be crazy fun if you did it right. Adding lots of prediction and "three steps ahead" gameplay.

>Hallow S. (GM): Concerns: Your general tone seems to imply a less fantasy more historical men/women gender roles, and this acts highly contrarily to literally everyone else's backstories, and even general pathfinder tone.

He's also a feminist cuck.

Which character is he complaining about in this post?

Uh...
user

I've never HEARD of a wizard that didn't have a fly speed.

It's a wizards.

wizards have fly speeds.

an example would be something like:

>feeder buff fire edition
>for wisdom rounds, gain 2d6 fire damage on all attacks. When this effect ends all foes within 10ft take 2d10 fire damage.

>teardown attack 1
>melee attack does an extra 1d6 damage and removes a feeder buff. If a feeder buff is removed this way, you may attack the target twice.

Yeah, but now it won't even require a spell/magic item

Why does that kinda remind me of the Moritz-G?

Mine - the Kitsune courtesan. This was the line is question:

"Men control the world, but women control the world's men."

here's the context if you care

That's not official Paizo art.

Blinklings are fucking horrific so I'd rather have a kitsune. They'd be less likely to give me nightmares.

Throwing gender roles aside, an attractive and intelligent courtesan that has the ear of the emperor seems like a very thematically appropriate thing for an Eastern setting; Daji did it, Tamamo-no-Mae did it, Wu Zetian did it, what's the big deal?

>Men control the world, but women control the world's men.
Sounds ebin, friendo!

Being a cuck is the big deal.

He said my writing was weak, roles of women were too backwards, and the details I provided on the world were difficult to understand and not the ones he wanted.

Literally got snubbed by an elitist autist GM.

He's rather run for fucking 2hu.

Fair enough. This one work better as an example?

>and the details I provided on the world were difficult to understand and not the ones he wanted.

>I've got a religious order of concubines that are trying to create the "perfect woman" in Not!China, my character is a member of this order and, instead of being sold to a noble as a hot piece of ass, I'm used by the entire Not!Chinese court for diplomatic missions, advisory roles or even espionage.

Didn't seem that hard on my end.

I'm mostly keeping this conversation going so the titty fox art keeps coming in.

Reminder that even exceptionally girly senshi series can be hotblooded.
reminder even sailor moon's past And future is basically galactic genocide.

It's my character he rejected, and honestly it's no big deal. He warned me going in his answer would probably be 'no'.

What APs that aren't Rise of the Runelords would you recommend running for a party of newer players?

Carrion Crown

Jade Regent. You walk all the way from Varisia to Tien Xia, so if you don't know the world it's like actually making the exploration for yourself.

also you can sleep with Ameiko and Shayliss

Why does getting rejected from a fluffy tails game cause so much indignation?

>galactic genocide

Elaborate?

I have no idea, dude.

The sooner we can move on from this and find a new campaign to obsess over, the better.

mostly just because of the burden of preparation. I've never put so much work into something and have it be so casually brushed off before - it just rubs you the wrong way. No rational reason, really, just people being human.

>tfw I've yet to meet a DM who doesn't turn the old gypsy grandma into a hot, young fortune teller.

Kingmaker. It's fairly railroady, but the kingdom building means that the players can set their own difficulty depending on how fast they want to tackle the adventure.

Well, now you've got instant PLOT and BACKSTORY for the next campaign, right?

docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#heading=h.ahunc3g1deal

>Coyōtl

>Not truly a kitsune, but a closely related species, the coyōtl share their eastern cousin’s affinity for trickery and manipulation. Like kitsune, they are master shapeshifters, but their carrion-heavy diet and heavy spiritualism has led many to believe—including the majority of coyōtl themselves—that they possess power over life and death. And yet, in spite of this burden, they live life one day at a time, cheerful and impulsive, fast-talking their way out of any trouble they find themselves in.

>+2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Coyōtl are excellent at reading and exploiting people, but find brute strength unappealing. This racial trait replaces the normal kitsune’s racial ability modifiers.

>Liminal Mediator (Ex/Sp): Coyōtl add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against death effects that they use. Whenever a coyōtl uses an ability that would heal a creature by a number expressed in dice, they heal an additional 1 hit point per die of healing. Finally, coyōtl can use bleed and stabilize as spell-like abilities once per round as a free action (caster level equals the coyōtl’s character level). This racial trait replaces kitsune magic.

>Trickster (Ex): Coyōtl gain a +2 racial bonus on Bluff checks. This racial trait replaces agile.

Coyōtl are made to be Wis/Cha caster clerics.

Would you take a coyōtl cleric as your waifu/husbando/sister/cohort/PC?

Ours didn't. She ended up being the old adoptive mother of two of the PCs, and essentially being the party's collective grandmother.

You think this is bad, try signing up for Myth-Weavers games.

Same thing, every game, every time.

Yes. I totally would. Coyotes are better than foxes

Because I play 3.5 and use swordsage instead

Everyone here's experienced (or will experience) something like this, just remember that.

I'm, like, 99% sure that you're the victim of a very clever troll.

Troll saw that the campaign was first come, first served and spammed join links to it when the GM already had four good apps.

Looks like you fell for a troll's ruse, boyo.