Come, son. Admit your Veeky Forums related sins

Come, son. Admit your Veeky Forums related sins.

It really bugs me when someone in the group consistently outperforms me. I don't want the spotlight on me all the time, but I hate when it's on someone else 24/7. This doesn't extend to real life; I hate being the center of attention

Same, but for me its more when they willingly do anything good.

Like slow down asshole, you're playing a fucking game of pretend stop suckling for every last crunch drop you fucking cunt.

I am impossible to please.
I feel like everyone is either rollplaying or roleplaying way too much, with no in-between

I get really bad bursts of anger over things I have no control. Nothing like flailing but I have a tendency to swear like an irishman unconsciously. I dunno if its anger problems or just pure tourettes but I cannot handle bad dice rolls.

It has gotten me kicked out of two groups, one because it made the dm feel bad and the other I dunno, I guess it was just annoying to have a guy going "FUCKING PISSBOTTLES" after every bad roll.

I hate people (friends included) who claims they "have no time" when answering the question on why they don't paint their miniatures for miniature wargames. Having a family, full time job and studies on the side, I know damn well its all a question about priorities.

I don't actually play tabletop games; I'm mostly here because the OC threads are usually pretty nice.

You just need to take a fucking chill pill, friendo.

There were times when I would bend the rules when I played Magic against more casual players when I was unsure of the exact ruling. I've stopped now, because I've actually read most of the rules now, but I feel bad for turning games to my advantage because people trusted me to know the rules.

Well as I said, its something completely otherworldly for me. Don't usually care much or swear at all.

Just do it at bad dice rolls.

I don't even play tabletop games

I have the same issue with Chewing noises, user. I'm a really calm guy, mostly, but chewing noises make me irrationally angry.

The worst part is that I realize how petty and irrational it is to hate, and yet I can't ignore it.

I just can't stand it when the party won't let me stop being dm

>be forever DM
>get to play
>DM is much worse than me and the whole game I'm just seeing missed opportunities and want to take over for the group

Grass isn't always greener, friend

About 3/4ths of the way through every session, I get so tired of my player's bullshit, I just let them brutally murder everything they come across.

I never finish creating my settings.
But at least I'm better than my current DM who will create a new game, ramp up our desire to play it, get the basic scenario down and our characters created, and then never run a session.

This fucking thing. On the other hand, I think I play worse than I could because I always expect this to happen.

I made a character that I can fap to for a generally non-lewd game.

Sorry.

I know that feel.

I actually like D&D 3.5

I usually like to play Chaotic Neutral

I'd love to play a Heals Slut if i would get the chance.
On that note, what would be a good class for a "MMO-Type" Healer in 3.5?
(Priestess w/o Armor or Attack, but with lots of Healing?)

There is literally a Healer class in Miniatures Handbook.
-Wis based
-Cha mod to amount healed with spells
-Nonviolent spell list
-You get a unicorn eventually
-Have to swear off medium and heavy armor.

Are we talking 'heal' slut or heal 'slut'?

Austim probably, no joke

What do you think :^)
Heal 'Slut' , the other way around would be to akward.

Cool, thanks for the tipp.
I didn't think to look into that one, weird that it crops up in this book but not in something like "Complete Divine"...

I hate when the players don't even attempt to act out their PCs and sometimes I tell them so in a very offensive manner.

There's a player acting like a good vigilante that is a pantsy coward and overthinks every situation instead of boldly getting into the fray to save people. He waited a week to start investigating the person who instigated a crime he had stopped. He's afraid of getting hit and dying, and doesn't get that being assertive is completely different from jumping into melee without a plan.

Then there's the other, who literally can't express anything aside from smug narcissism while exploiting the setting to achieve power. I get that his personality is a plotting one, but he literally can't express any other range of feeling while interpreting his character.

I opted to run an inquisitives game in Eberron and I have no idea how to continue. I'm expected to bring conflict and mystery to the players because they're professionals looking to be hired, and I can't come up with satisfying plots that reward them, or let them scratch their combat itch.

I sneak insanity tables into every game I GM.

...and don't tell the players.

"Roll perception... you thought you saw something but it's probably nothing..."

PCs that only exist to kill, steal, buy equipment that make killing and stealing easier with the sole personality traits of "murderer and thief that lived through murder and thievery" send surges of irrational anger through my body.

When I'm not the GM, it gets even worse.

I have the potential to be a good DM, I hope, but I quickly fall to doubt and lack of perseverance when I try.

I fear I will never be able to repay our eternal-gm.

I hate being GM because I have to make everything as great as it can be with the tools allowed to me. World building, character development, being the storyteller, and everything else is great but takes a lot of time and I have other shit that I have to do but I want everyone to have fun so I don't have a lot of time for my class work.

And it's impossible to be a player anymore because the other guys who offer to DM put little to no work into making their campaigns, and the other players never attempt to roleplay in their campaigns leaving me to get even less immersed and just want to leave.

Sorry senpai, but if you're playing a heal slut I've got bad news for you.

Only virgins can touch or tame unicorns.

As much as I try to roleplay and get invested in the world if I don't get to fight something each session I get really annoyed. Roleplaying is all well and good but if I don't stab something it feels like the whole thing was a waste.

I tend to think of my character in the game as being the most important protagonist and the other PCs as being supporting cast members. I like to let other people have their spotlight, but I generally create and run characters that are the most roundedly heroic and when other people make edgy murderhobos or brooding loners or eccentric gimmicks I just resign them to being bit players in my own character's story.

When I played Catfolk, I was accused of being a furfag.
When I played Catfolk again, I was accused some more.
They were right, and being a furfag does make me enjoy it more. However, I never insert my fetish into the game, and make my characters characters first, and fetish objects... never. I do enjoy going into how a cat person would think, and handle the world, but I enjoy that for every race. And in the end we do need a certain baseline in order to understand characters. I mean, someone who plays an Elf, but says they're short, bearded, live underground, love gold and ale, and speak with a Scottish accent isn't really play an Elf, now is he?

And then I played a Kobol, and some of the players brought it really close to magical realm territory without realizing it. Why would a horny Orc even slap a Kobold's ass OR demand a bikini wagon wash when they can't even tell the males and females apart? Unless that's his fetish? My character's defining trait was cowardice, not sex appeal. Though, come to think of it, playing a Kobold socialite would be kind of hilarious.

I abuse random encounter tables. Not only that, I generate them on the fly. Half the time they aren't even balanced. Last session I sicced a 146 man strong barbarian army on the party just to see how they'd react.

I know it's bad, Veeky Forums. I know it can create scenarios that are unbalanced and feel out of place. I know I should stop. But I just can't help myself.

Oh, it started innocently enough. A wandering merchant here, a cutpurse there. Next thing I knew, they were encountering entire cities off by the roadside, and herds of triceratops in the middle of the ocean.

And the excuses, oh the excuses.

"That city was built into the north side of the mountainface and much easier to spot on your return trip"

"Those herds of triceratops are just migrating from one 'island of the lost' to another."

"That wandering constable just got a bit sidetracked while trailing a criminal, that's how he ended up down here.
...In the arctic.
...Hundreds of miles from the nearest sign of civiliz- look, he has a REALLY bad sense of direction, ok?"

And that barbarian army I mentioned? They RECRUITED it. Now I've got to consider how a 146 strong barbarian army will impact the rest of the adventure. You'd think I'd learn my lesson from things like that, but I just can't stop. I can't resist the siren call of the random encounter table. I can't resist seeing what might spring forth, and how the players will handle it.

Kobold Bard or Pally worshipping Bahamut.

"Did you know that Kobolds descend from Dragons?"

Time for Mount and Blade then, user.

This so much.

Also, haven't been getting shit done for half a year now. Three players expressed the desire to GM but only one can do as much as run a one-shot which he did. But it was supposed to be a campaign. The worst thing is that it's probably my last year together with these people and we haven't even had a proper ended campaign yet.

Also, I waste more time on organizing my games collection than even thinking about actual games.

Can't stop either, no matter the problems it causes. I salute you sir.

The only way to cleanse your sins is to drown yourself in bleach.

>chewing noises
>petty and irrational

No, it's disgusting and inconsiderate. You're perfectly justified.

I fucking loathe this, too. In our last campaign, we had two players who literally said "wake me up when the combat starts". One of them was a Cleric who refused to heal people.

Just fucking terrible. The DM was phoning it in, too.

>A few players don't participate when they're stressed or lacking sleep when they doze off/out during others' time doing things
>These players are depressed and have shit lives so this is almost every meeting

>Also, haven't been getting shit done for half a year now

Same here, bro. It's just hard to get back into the groove when you've been out of it, or simple haven't been enjoying it. Now I'm at the point where I've accepted I won't be running an intricate campaign, and have a few loose ends to tie up, like finishing custom weapons. Thought it would be easy, but my Assburgers is making it hard.

I just want to run this game. I've determined what made my previous campaigns fun and unfun, and I think I can handle this. The clue is to not get too invested, and to play characters rather than follow a plot. I also want to communicate with the players more closely, so I know what sort of party they will be playing before we get started. If they want to play arena slaves, I want to roll that way. If they want to play rich aristocrats, I want to roll that way.

But it all hinges on their input, and some of them seem to think the DM should just do everything, and I dislike that more than anything else. Campaigns really rely on good players input, I've come to realize. If you have a good party, you can provide some quality building blocks, and they will make something great out of it.

Man, I had one of the guys log onto the chat on time, then heard his mother tell him she was going to the mall, and he was like "oh, sorry bro's, I'm going to the mall".

Fuck me, if you're planning on that, just send an app or email or something so we can at least pretend it isn't rageworthy.

I reuse ERP characters in normie campaigns all the time.

>you reuse an ERP character in a normie campaign
>one of the players talks to you after or during a session about wanting their character to hook up with yours

I regret nothing.

Made me laugh, but I feel for you, that sucks. Maybe stick to games over text? That way you can shout about pissbottles all you want!

>I actively try to kill the characters of othe players who are doing nothing session after session passed KILL MAIM BURN
>Make some bullshit, but character driven, excuse how I'll never heal them
>leave them behind even if I could save/help them, again only when I can bullshit a character driven excuse that won't get my powers taken away
>refuse to rez them if I can because I'm not wasting resources on murder-hobos

Why do people play tabletops if the only thing they care about is combat? Play Dynasty Warriors or some MMORPG if you care nothing about the game passed rolling hit dice.

Father, forgive me for I have sinned. I once played a lol so random character because I thought it was funny, it ended up derailing the campaign.

Your god accepts this offering of liver

I just can't overcome the irritation and disgust I feel towards one of players. He's loud and blatant, never listen, makes the same annoying character over and over when old one dies. Everyone else look like they are ok with him, but to me it's hard even to speak IC to his 4th clone of sarcastic edgy animu rogue walking cliche. I like social interactions, I like to play, but not with him.

>Your ERP characters end up getting fleshed out enough huehuehue that with a few minor tweaks they work as 'legit' characters

Feels surprisingly good, man.

Any ERPer worth their salt will make a competent character that just so happens to slam their buttons.

Makes it great when you tease other PCs and suggest you're down for kinky shit, and while most of them laugh it off one player takes you up on the offer and, like a young man with an experienced older woman, learns just what another player can offer in private.

I unironically like and use a lot of material from the book of Erotic Fantasy

>CN healslut
>not pure, corruptible LG
does not compute

Not actually played one yet, the last two CN Chars where a Halfling Thief and Gnome Illusionist

I always take up most of the conversation time with important NPCs because either no one seems engaged enough or because they have shown a complete and utter lack of ability to have a social interaction with others in the past.

Also, if anyone brings their gf or wife into the group my magical realm will take over the entire campaign as I feel like I must make my character fuck their gf/wife's, and since I usually dominate all convos most rest/between adventure time rp is just me "giving comedy relief" as I make my way to the final goal.

I have had mixed results.

>Halfling
>Gnome
>Two small races

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned: if you'll pardon my language, father, I just can't stop fudging the fucking dice.
I've been playing with this group of new players since last year and I still have yet to even KO one of their characters. Last session I must have fudged like eight or nine rolls in succession.
>an enemy caster passed a crucial saving throw, I fudged it to fail
>a successful grapple turned into a successful dodge, I ignored the enemy creature's stat bonus and let the character dodge
>a critical hit turned into an outright miss because the player was panicking about his character's health.
They probably would have lost the fight if I hadn't done all that.

I don't even know how the players would handle it, at this point. I'm not certain they know the rules for death saving throws. It's at least my fault for letting them get this far without facing any serious harm, but I know at least one of them is prone to ragequits and I definitely don't want that. They get upset enough if they roll poorly or if they're slowed or grappled or otherwise inconvenienced at all, but if the fights are too easy they also get bored.

It seems like everything I do either bores or irritates them, but they all insist at the end of the sessions that I did a good job. I don't get it. I'm worried that they're only in the game because they assume everyone else is, and recently one of them has started insisting that she's always too busy and that we should just play without her so I'm worried that it's all on the verge of falling apart for real.

Sorry if that was a lot. I needed to get it off my chest. I'm just not sure what to do.

>t. someone who thinks open rolling is superior

How subtle of you

I'm working on my own homebrew system.

And I have been for a year. And almost every day I make massive changes to it, rewrite passages of it and constantly, constantly think about it.

I have ~30 pages.

And it's almost ready to playtest.

I can't say I've ever had that experience.

I always have to be the face character or the strong silent type. Ether I'm the one talking to NPCs planning out what the party is going to do and organizing who does what or I'm brooding in the background as I observe and do as the party asks. There is no middle ground no matter how hard I try, I am either super in charge or super listener.

I also fudge dice rolls with one of my campaigns I run all the time. I start to like the characters too much and can't see utter defeat happen to them. Though this one I'm actually getting better at.

I also always play the prude of the party, looking down on and turning my nose up at people who do anything more than hand hold. But that's because if I actually relax I'm afraid I'll let lose and quickly make it awkward as I show off my /d/ side.

I really don't. I can't really prove that, of course, but I've never used it, nor gotten involved in any arguments as to one way or the other. I've never played in a campaign that uses open rolling, and I really do think that rolling behind the screen seems like it'd be better for the GM to make SOME calls. Even when I'm in a place where it's hard to set up a screen (it's a uni group: we play in weirdly-furnished lounges sometimes) I roll behind my hand at least. My players think it's funny that I go so far to conceal rolls.
My problem is that I think I'm fudging way, way too much, and I'm worried that it could be hurting my players' enjoyment of the game. One time last year, one of them asked me if I was fudging and told me that I didn't have to because he enjoyed a challenge. I told him I'd stop doing it, but under pressure I never keep that promise. I feel bad for that.

I really just don't want to disappoint them, and I'm frightened to think that I may have already done so. If I had openly rolled those fudged rolls, I don't think it would have gone over well at all -- like I mentioned, one of the guys is known to ragequit stuff like Magic or vidya, and he seemed pretty close to it at the table that session.

Whenever there is a "What are your beastman/orcs/blank race like?" I always answer "Completely female and need human males reproduce." because that's my Magical Realm.

I've never played a tabletop RPG. The closest I could say I've done so is by playing Risk.

If Veeky Forums's board culture gets the better of my temper, I shitpost and make things worse to blow off steam.
Part of me wants to just quit DMing and write novels to get my fantasy fix, but I know I'm too lazy to make anything that's not for someone specific. I know if I ever just sat down and put my back into it, I could write something that sells, but I've sunk too much time into becoming an engineer and don't want to risk unemployment to pursue a pipe dream of becoming a bestselling author.
One of the lesser reasons I DM is because it satisfies my personal need for attention and I have a compulsion to amuse or please others.
I would unironically run anime- or JRPG-inspired games if I didn't think it would display my power level. Normally, I can't stand it when someone else does this (I've seen a Zootopia-inspired game advertised and nearly choked), so I'm not willing to inflict it on someone else. That said, I have a Persona-based campaign plot burning a hole in my back pocket.

Nah, there's tons of things that cause anger. Autism is more than anger, otherwise spergs would be going around killing people instead of living in their mothers' basements. It could be anything, and probably isn't even a disorder.

>He's afraid of getting hit and dying
Sounds like he's perfectly into character. Most real people don't much like the prospect of getting killed.

I only play twohand weapon warrior human men. Even when we played Shadowrun.

I like you.
Though you should let them know, even if you only hint it. It's fine to hide the actual numbers.

Whenever I play a game where there are classes or factions I always pick one that no one else is currently playing with for group diversity, even if the faction I would legitamently find entertaining and fun is being used by someone else.

Then, if someone shows interest in the same faction/class as me I suddenly feel the need to change to a new, unplayed faction/ class as well.

I don't know if its a deep desire to be a special snowflake or some kind of OCD of having player diversity mechanics wise.

Like, I've always wanted to play Izzet in EDH, but 2 of my 5 friends in my playgroup play it regularly and so I will never build the deck while I play mono Blue Talrand or Gruul instead.

It kinda sucks, but is impossible to properly describe.

any details you'd be willing to share?

I know a guy who told me he has a legit genetic condition that causes the sound of chewing to infuriate him.

...Sean? Is that you?

Bullshit

I'm the proxy sperg.

I'm also the punctuation guy.

EDH general has gotten much better since I've started hassling jackasses doing things I don't like.

None of my characters have been white.

Father, I okayed a half-cheetah, half-okapi special snowflake bard in my western fantasy game.

Wait, let me back that up.

Father, I run furry tabletop rpgs and feel guilty, but never want to stop.

being furry Veeky Forums is suffering.

>Advertise an Ironclaw game
>Ironclaw is "That furry game"
>Get autists, because "That furry game."
>Campaign about courtly intrigue and mysterious magical happenings gets turned into a high school anime session.
>Delete the game listing and pretend it never happened.
>Have not played Ironclaw since.

Ironclaw is really fucking good, too.

I'm legit considering to do freeform roleplay again. In the SU's world.

>I flake online games
>I feel bad about stopping or leaving games in the running even when it is always me ending it or leaving the group
>I get bored of my characters when playing even when I've barely scratched the surface
>I never play established rulesets or modules, even if they are good or what I'm looking for, I have to be a special snowflake and make my own
>I complain about being a forever GM when I A) Barely ever played tabletop before and B) absolutely have a choice
>I don't have enough experience as a player to GM and I don't want to admit that
>I have never fudged a roll but the number of combat encounters I've created for players I can count on one hand
>I am extremely judgemental of player characters who make characters who are 'too weird' or distant from the setting but I usually tell them to just make what they want
>I really want to join an in-person group so I can stop flaking but I fear it won't change anything and I have don't have any real life Veeky Forums friends

Just kill me now senpai

I have never fully read the rulebook of the game i'm Dming for and i can't remember some stuff for the life of me.

Although the three year campaing we ended this summer was pretty cool we had fun.

>I always take up most of the conversation time with important NPCs because either no one seems engaged enough or because they have shown a complete and utter lack of ability to have a social interaction with others in the past.
This. I'm playing an 8 charisma character in a campaign now and it fucking kills me.

Then they don't have time left of that priority level.

>No one who would enjoy its mechanics will play it because it's a furry game
>No one who seeks it out will grasp it
>All my other furry friends just want to play pathfinder

My confession is that I am this GM so much. Sometimes I can let go and just play the game, but most of the time my world domination plots either get shot down immediately and I just kind of coast the rest of the time, or they immediately become the entire plot of the game.

I also have a dream ERP campaign I've been designing for years that I wish someone would run for me.

Father, I must confess.

I once made a villain who spoke only in iambic pentameter to hint that he had fae weaknesses to cold iron. Then felt sad when no one noticed at the end of the session.

Then I realized I had done the most self-indulgent, masturbatory thing I've ever done as a GM, and was upset that none of my players were dramafag enough to get it.

I don't know if I can keep going, father. I've been confronted with the fact that I'm a terrible GM.

>TFW played Rise of the Runelords in Ironclaw 2e
That was an odd campaign.

Why would that be a thing? Because Midsummer Night's Dream is in iambic pentameter?

>Run a Pokemon game
>Plan months ahead of time for one of the PCs to kill his own starter due to mind control from the BBEG
>Get pissed when he weasels his way out of it in a way I didn't see coming

I felt bad about building the railroad now, but when it happened I was absolutely livid.

Bless me, father, for i have sinned.

I was speaking to my online group over skype and we were having fun banter. The game started and we were getting our ass handed to us. The fault was ours as a team, but i blamed in on the others. My sin was, however, is not wrath of pride, but that of sloth. I sat there idly as a watched my team throw themselves upon the tides of danger. In my mind i knew what we were doing was the wrong choice, but i stayed behind in silence, idly following as we walked down to our doom. But my sins do not end there, for greed and envy were thrown into this mixed stew of sins. The only thing we left that place with was a valuable artifact that i desired, but I already carried something as valuable, if not more so. But this did not stop me from lusting after this item. In my bout of envious wrath I argued with him and the other party members of why I should use it, ignoring my own wealth and valuables. This was because not only did i desire it for my greed, but I wanted the spotlight for me and me alone as i felt superior to others. Father, i have lied without knowing, for apparently wrath and pride indeed were also sins. Forgive me father. We did mend the wound caused by this, but does Gygax forgive me? Does his envoys still welcome me to the Pearly Local Game Shop once my final save has been thrown and with my modifiers denied I fail it? Or will I plummet down into the domain of GW and forever watch as my favored brands become ever increasingly poorer in quality and higher in places? What must I do if I must repent these sins!? Will a paladin lay me on his hands and forgive me!? Answer me, o' father, for I am lost!

The one furfag i know is probably the best player in the game and i don't even mind if he plays a female kitsune bard with the geisha archetype who he described as "voluptuous and a true beauty to behold" because he plays her damned well

If he plays his character well and doesn't inject his fantasies into the game, what does it matter what depraved shit he does in the dark?

Yes.

Bit of a stretch. So was all of Shakespeare.

Cool idea though, could've been neat with some more hints.

>be closet furfag
>every character I've played either hates beast races vehemently, or are beast race characters that are described as 'disgusting in both character and looks'

This is actually one of my sins, I've got way more that I don't remember, but thanks for reminding me, OP. I should really write up all the things that I consider to be sins, minor as they might be.

I hate overperforming other players. I'll actually stealth-nerf my own character if I find I'm doing things better than a person who really wants to be doing that exact thing, and slowly let him take the spotlight, to the detriment of the party

I held hands with one of my players

Playing RPGs with your wife is no sin, my son. If that is all you have to confess, you may go in peace.