youtube.com/watch?v=jPQSlpOj4ls
youtu.be/QxJrjV4PNXA
youtube.com/watch?v=lsV500W4BHU
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Numidium
youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0
youtube.com/watch?v=J3c6TfY2J0o
youtube.com/watch?v=h_D3VFfhvs4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Damn right they are, OP! Mecha are the best thing. Too bad people keep watering down their awesomeness with this lame "magitech" stuff. Mecha don't need any magic to be great, and I'd say it's actively a detriment to them.

What jumps allow me to create a succubus companion, or transform a companion into a succubus? Rosario + Vampire is there, and Darkstalkers kinda does it, but what other ones let me do it?

Well then that makes you a fucking idiot.

(Dead Space) #49
-Background: Engineering (900CP) -WHY?! WHY AM I IN THIS HELLHOLE. THIS IS TERRIBLE.
-Deeply and Greedily (800CP) -You know, the increased yield on mining will help one day.
-Scrap Hound (Free) -More materials found and less materials used? Yes good sir, I will take it.
-Infinitely Customizable (700CP) (Discount) -Yes. I need this. Need the PARTS...
-Modular Designs (500CP) (Discount) -Upgrading tools and weapons is always a good call. Yes.
-Power Nodes (Free) -Eeeeh... you never know. Power notes are always good.
-Surface Digging Team (400CP) -PLASMA CUTTER. ALWAYS GO PLASMA CUTTER.
-Engineering Kit (300CP) (Discount) -Rivet Gun? YES I WILL TAKE A RIVET GUN.
-Utility Mods (Free) -Oh hey, cool! Kinesis and Stasis! Best parts!
-Specialized RIG: Armor Platingx2 (200CP) -Fuck any bone saws or shit getting into me.
-Specialized RIG: Extra Inventoryx2 (150CP) (Discount) -I'm getting an extra 20 slots. I need all the slots.
-Specialized RIG: Overchargerx2 (100CP) (Discount) -Increasing damage and reload speed? Yaaaaas.
-Specialized RIG: Medical Gel Efficiencyx4 (-100CP) -To hell with taking risks.
-Specialized RIG: Kinesis Amplifier (-200CP) -We want all the upgrades.
-Specialized RIG: Stasis Amplifier (-300CP) -And we're keeping them frozen. FUCK ANY OF THEM GETTING NEAR ME.
-Specialized RIG: Universal Clamps (-400CP) (Discount) -Oh look, the armor is modular as well.
-I Need A Bigger Gun (-200CP)
-This Guy Again (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Titan Station, 37 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

Why here of all places. Regular zombies were bad enough, this is worse. This is a nightmare made manifest. Three years and I'm going to be right in the fucking middle of it. Worse, I barely have any mental resistance/willpower perks, so that Marker Signal and its whole hallucination thing? Yeah, THAT shit is going on. Even with my RIG and modifications thanks to Worm's M&E shard and Warframe/Borderlands stuff... yeah.

Writefagging: pastebin.com/exV4xsy7

Well, there is Overlord. You can literally create a succubus companion there.

Anyway, onto the thread's apparent theme, Jumpers! Which jump offers the best stuff for creating mecha?

Super Robot Wars with a lot of reverse engineering for silly shit.
Sonic has a perk to triple your production and several gundam jumps let you do it better.
Also getting She of Fair Eyes from exalted mortals to help would give you all sorts of solar craft buffs.

Well I think SupCom lets you import the Dahak as a mecha, and then has some pretty good stuff for it.

Worm, with Miniaturization and Efficiency you can fit a truly disgusting amount of weaponry and gadgets into it.

Custom Robo Upscaling? Speaking of which, since I got cut off last time...

Have the current WIP for Custom Robo. Comes with mostly done perks and items - only one perk left that may or may not need replacing.

Drawbacks have also been formatted and given better descriptions, and there are notes at the bottom about discounts being funky and what Robo you start with.

Hint, Its Rays all the way down.

Whenever someone makes a magic mecha, it's always one of two things, both of which are so incredibly boring that it ruins any fun you might have from mecha. The first is that it's just a regular old mecha, but with magic-sounding words tossed into the descriptions of the technology. So it's not a particle beam gun, it's a mana cannon, or some dumb shit like that. The second option is that it's a mecha that can cast spells, which is even stupider. Either way, it only serves to make the mecha sound really dumb and unimaginative.

I disagree with everything you just said.
You're opinions are shit and you should feel bad.

Tell you what: If you can show me a magic mecha that's even the slightest bit interesting, I'll concede the point. But you won't manage that.

I love a good magitech mecha myself, but get off your high horse.

You're supposed to keep the magic separate from your giant robots so you can bring out the Golems and have them fight. Once the teenage pretty boys/warweary bachelors are done, THEN you bring out your magitech super-prototype with solid mana coating, permanent gate leading to the elemental plane of fire hidden inside its heat-immune shield, Enlarge/Reduce Mech Reactors, physics-breaking power source thanks to cold effects, and the freely-given soul of a virgin maiden blessed by a Unicorn giving all of its attack soul-destroying capabilities.

I actually can't think of anything that doesn't fit that other user's stereotypes. RIP.

Jumpers!

Just because you know what the problem is doesn't mean you know how to fix it.

Have you ever tried tackling an issue in a jump with all your power and insider info, only for things to go horribly wrong?

So, you're a fucking retard with shit taste then?

Interesting to you would be impossible since you don't find magic mecha interesting.
On the other hand literally any magic in a mecha makes it more interesting to me given that I like magic things.
If you need an example a wizard magiking up his tower into a mecha warrior he pilots agaisnt the demon king is hype as fuck for me.

>they magically disapear instantly

I know this is actually canon, but I like to imagine for the rest of my stay in LoK there's an entire population of ex-steampunk ninjas begging for cash on the streets of Republic City what an original name like the filipino maid migrations in Hong Kong's summer.

While carrying "Will perform clandestine operations for food" signs.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the setting beyond what I can tell from the jump. Oh well, here goes-

>Ranged Hacking

How far is a "cp"? To clarify, does piggybacking through the internet exceed the listed range? And am I missing something, or is it inherently superior to the 600 CP Tournament Fighter capstone?

>Doppleganger

How does this work for more abstract fighters like living ideas (e.g. the Summoning Dark from Discworld) or Daedric Princes, for example? That is to say-how do you retain your traits while shapeshifting into something that inherently lacks them?

>Down, Rebirth

What are the 30 seconds of invincibility based on? It seems a little advantageous compared to the other capstones due to its' extended duration combined with its' utility, maybe just keep the 1-up aspect? Also the "cp" measurement continues to confuse me

>I Will Not Bow

This seems a little generous 400 CP perk to be honest, because of just how broad the immunity is. Then again I do remember there's an item in FFTA that immunises you from status effects so I'm not sure. The description for Jameson makes it sound like he's actually ONLY immune to being physically stunned unless I'm misunderstanding what Robos are capable of; maybe reword it as that instead?

>Adaptive Evolution

This one confuses me. Is it cumulative? Do you have to end your chain to make use of it? I can't tell if it's overly generous due to the apparently universal nature of its' adaptation or effectively useless.

(Cont'd)

Why bother? You're an idiot that transparently doesn't like magic at all simply because it's magic. There's no reasoning with you, you're just an uncultured barbarian that doesn't even really appreciate mecha for anything besides entirely petty reasons.

Jumpers, what's your fun/non-serious villain theme?
youtube.com/watch?v=jPQSlpOj4ls

So you're just trying to start an argument, then? All your posts have been ad hominem attacks.

It's not that I don't want magic mecha to be interesting. I just have never seen one that is, and as a result I've gotten jaded. I've never seen a series that does magic mecha in a way where the mecha itself feels like magic. It's always either technology with new descriptors, or it's casting magic spells, which has a very different feel from the thing itself being magic. There's none of that sense of wonder that a giant magical robot should have. A magical mecha could be cool, an enormous guardian of enchanted steel and bound spirits or whatever is a thing that should have some grandeur to it. It just never manages it.

No, I love magic. I'm just disappointed that it keeps letting me down.

>Eye Scan Registration

To clarify is this meant to apply to technology you personally own, technology you're touching, technology you can perceive or any technology in existence? Wording's a little unclear.

>Transfer/Soulboost

To clarify, if you only have the Soulboost perk can you achieve its' state outside of combat just by doing intense meditation or something?

>Upscaling

Does this only apply to Robos or tech in general? If the latter, I assume it increases the strength of the tech by the same rough proportion?

>Eternal Ambition

Can this effect be made permanent, and if so how much exposure is required to cause this to occur?

>Mental Fortitude

Could you please explain the nature and advantages of illegal parts in more detail?

>Other Robos, Other Parts

I'm sure this will be explained later on in the notes, but what exactly are the general capabilities of a Robo?

DMC lets you figure out how to genetically engineer demonic traits so maybe you could splice succubusiness into a companion?

Since the overall bestest ones already got a shout-out, Zoids Legacy is good for biomechanical ones with temporal distortion capabilities, Macross is good if you want to build mechs that can fly and blare music.

And Five Star Stories is good if you want to arm your mech with an arsenal of capabilities that will make even other mecha engineers stare at you with confusion and worry.

Wait,you aren't supposed to make the golems so advanced they're indistinguishable from giant robots?

Whoops.

I was mostly along for the ride in Bioshock Infinite because of how pivotal Tears were, so Booker and main timeline!Elizabeth still had to do loads of the heavy lifting. I didn't really mind, though. I just bought my own Elizabeth some ice cream and found a nice spot to watch the world come tumbling down.

youtu.be/QxJrjV4PNXA
this is my jumpers theme

Check your formatting and spacing, that's the first thing. Next thing is run that through a spellcheck, there's a lot of places where words seem to be...off.

What exactly is a CP year?

The 600 CP Handicap perk doesn't seem finished, is that your "one perk left"?

For somebody who doesn't know what Jameson is, what's Jameson and why do I want to build it? Same with the Rahu I.

What's with the ambiguity on the Robocade Key item? Does it actually have prizes or is that just fluff text?

>Overflow
What is affected by range? All range? Detection Range? Spellcast Range? It's associated to energy consumption, so I'm guessing it has to do with something, but I dunno what that something is.

....there's a bit more.

>And Five Star Stories is good if you want to arm your mech with an arsenal of capabilities that will make even other mecha engineers stare at you with confusion and worry.
Eh, that's only like...three things, total. Buster Launchers, Air Busters, and Psychic Energy Barriers. Everything else is solidly middle of the road in mecha terms. Okay, actually, the Yen Xing is pretty amazing. So four things, then.

youtube.com/watch?v=lsV500W4BHU
I regret nothing.

>series
Found your problem right there. You've got to homebrew that shit up to do it right preferably in a tabletop game with fellow magitech mecha enthusiasts

It's a bit of a borderline case, but what do you think about the Numidium from Elder Scrolls?

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Numidium

Thanks for the suggestion. I wanted to avoid Overlord so I didn't become overpowered but hey, I guess everyone get to that point sometime.

I'd have to know more about it than the wiki provides, I never played Morrowind. I'm willing to accept it as a provisional entry to the "magical mecha that are actually cool" category, though.

Point, though I was also thinking about the explaination for why your gloriously overdecorated piece of nationalistic glory is operating at such a level of performance assuming you incorporate a certain design:

"Wow, this thing's fast. What does it run on again?"
"Sunlight!"
"That's hilarious, Jumper. Seriously, what does it run on?"

youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0

DOOT

Your drawbacks.
>After the End.
Why is this a drawback that gives points? What happens after 100 years?

>Sidekick Syndrome
What are the actual in universe caps if you're going to use in universe levels? Referring to Out of Jump powers is going to bring headaches, just as a heads up.

>It's All About that Robo
Doesn't seem like a drawback when presumably the world revolves around robo anyways.

>Mission List
For a 300 CP, this is amazingly ambiguous as to what needs to be done, and why it becomes a drawback. What kind of tasks does it involve? Why is it seen as a bad thing?

Everything in FSS can be replicated from other mecha jump with higher level tech, including the Xen Ying, which is really just an extradimensional emission blade that SRW has by the fuckton.

youtube.com/watch?v=J3c6TfY2J0o

"All I want to do is have a friendly little spar, is that so wrong? Don't worry, I'll only break a few bones."

I have no idea what you're talking about. The Knight of Gold, maybe? But it's not that fast.

I meant the Xen Ying itself, not the Xen Ying Flame Speid. That thing is one of the few mecha in FSS for whom the "trillions of horsepower" entry for its engine output isn't hyperbole. That thing is ridiculously fast and physically strong.

That's the one, probably. Been a while since I-

-wait. Wait, fuck.

>Fair Eyes, Makoto and Secret
>Working with the incomprehensible bullshit that is super robot engineering
>Incorporating Essence engineering and the five magical materials into that already ridiculous bullshit

WHY

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

Noice writefagging. I however find it hard to believe you couldn't just blow through everything no effort with all your super everything, but since it's more dramatic this way I guess I'll just suspend my disbelief.

What else?

youtube.com/watch?v=h_D3VFfhvs4

>Numidium
That'd be impossible for a jumper to create, though. It relies too heavily on the metaphysics of TES to work outside of those jumps. The Numidium came about as a consequence of the Dwemer fucking up and turning their entire race into what amounts to artificial Earthbones to produce a robotic false god which essentially embodied their collective disbelief in reality, resulting in what amounts to a giant mecha that can shout "NO" at things powerfully enough to erase them from existence.

Eh. The Xen Ying is just standard platoon strength foot soldiers from the Empress Fleet though. The trillions of horsepower thing is neat, but the only time we actually see them fielded is against stationary units that are literally two tech generations below them. I mean they don't even fight Wunderschatzes or anything.

By the time you hit the KoG II and the later series Wunderschatzes, the whole horsepower issue isn't a matter anymore, especially when the scale of battle turns from anti man to anti demon again. If anything, Kallamity proved that they didn't really need all that horsepower.

Well this is No. 49, and remember there's Marker influence on the mind. Combined with that and the Necromorphs being WAY stronger/the Ubermorph after me, actually remembering some of them doesn't always happen. Especially in the head of the moment.

Plus if I just wanked "lol no challenge" then there's no point in the story because you know there's no problems.

I could have sworn the Xen Yings fought some spaceships at one point. Maybe I'm misremembering. But yeah, you do have a point that the Xen Yings aren't particularly useful for all their power. It's not particularly efficient for, well, anything. But still, a jumper could probably make better use of that technology. A powerful, compact engine is useful for a lot of projects.

>how far is a cp.
...I may have used the replace function to insert cp after two zeros after i realized only have my perks had cp in the price. those must have snuck in...

>ranged hacking
thats supposed to be feet. Yes. Inherently superior.... which it probably shouldn't be. Meh, overflow comes with increased energy levels.

>doppleganger
...I have no clue. crud.

>down, rebirth
videogame logic. You get about 5 seconds of invincibility after a down.

>I will not bow
think juggernaut from the xmen.

>adaptive evolution
yes. no.

something like a suit of power armor.

>transfer/soulboost
more like you meditate to gain energy, and then expend that energy at any time. soulboost generates it, while transfer steals it.

>upscaling
in general. and yes, the attributes scale with the new size. twice as tall, twice as powerful.

>eternal ambition
the effect is permanent. using it every day for a year would be enough to get it to small child levels of intelligence.

>mental fortitude
illegal parts are part that do not meet in universe safety ratings. More explanation in a bit.

>other robos, other parts
A regular robo is probably stronger than a human. the weapons they have are fully capable of killing a person.

>cp year
a mistake

>handicap
yep. its the only one that may end up getting replaced.

>jameson
jameson is basically the juggernaut from xmen. also it flies, which is kinda unique.

>robocade key
no, i genuinely dont remember.

>overflow
the range you can control your robo at.

>after the end
the apocalypse kinda happened, and the world ended? thats why its called after the end...

>sidekick syndrome
thats a fair point.

>its all about that robo
presumably regular sports and stuff exist as well.

>mission list
its not bad exactly, just time consuming. basically, imagine about fifty different fetch quests, and they all want something different. and then you have to fight them.

Thank you., Red. That was an entertaining read.

>spoiler
Bull-fucking-shit. I don't know if you're unable, uncomfortable, or simply unwilling to write about them, but there are many problems that simply can't be solved by raw power or martial prowess. And even for a jumper 49 jumps in, the Brethren Moons could definitely pose a worthy challenge.

Because the Xen Yings were literally created at the height of the previous generation, before the technological fall. The scenes where they fought spaceships were pre-fall, unless you're referencing that one time the Empress fleet performed the time/space jump in and decided to conduct the Flame Rite on a remote base that was stupid enough not to recognize the Empress's symbol.

If there's anything remarkable at all in FSS, it's the bloody ass cloning tech that they somehow managed to tie in with creating a literal goddess. I mean, sure it's Nagano's waifu, but man was he dedicated.

So, you're a Heavy Gear fan?

Because SCIENCE! and because magic giant kung fu robots are sick.
I do wonder what Autochthon would think of the resultant monstrosity though.

>5 seconds of invincibility

Should probably tone it down from 30 seconds, then

>juggernaut from the xmen

Might want to rewrite the perk since he can't quite soak everything it says as is.

>doppleganger

Good luck. I suggest making it so it can only copy things which adhere to normal Earth physics. Er, by the standard of Custom Robo anyway.

Illegal parts are parts that fail to meet the in universe safety standards.

Given that I refer to diving as an 'unholy mix of technopathy and Ki', that means you are basically risking damage to your mind/soul when you get into a fight with an illegal part - either using one or having it used against you.

Mental Fortitude and Overflow can mitigate this somewhat, by providing you with a resistance to the damage/more energy, but there's no perfect way to use them.

Also, they're a double edged sword - not only is getting hit by them dangerous, but using them is too.

Order of the Stuck has a Succubus option that a companion could afford.
Macross probably has something.

Probably a mixture of pride and terror. On the one hand, it's nice to see his creations following in his footsteps. On the other, he remembers the last time his creations followed in his footsteps. And these ones are much better at it than the last group, and are proven to be effective at killing his kind.

>Order of the Stuck
Were you thinking about Homestuck when you typed this?

Probably using Polymorph, Permanency, and Wish from D&D could do it. I know that IIRC you can use a combo like that to turn a rock into a Human. The Wish is to make the effect inherent rather that dispellable.

Going to have to go with . Just because you're stronger then everyone else in the setting doesn't mean there are no challenges. For example, you can be a super sayian blue, but that won't give you the skills to give characters like Alma, Shinji, or Asriel therapy. It won't allow you to properly lead a nation, or allow you to invent a cure for cancer. There are plenty of challenges even if you're the strongest thing in the setting.

No need for Permanency, just use Polymorph Any Object, instead.

>And even for a jumper 49 jumps in, the Brethren Moons could definitely pose a worthy challenge.

I think you're understating the scale a significant number of jumps have. I mean I'm sure if we follow the previous builds Red's been doing small, non space/galactic scale jumps nor jumps with power scaling like an actual shonen or mecha or magical tech girl

You're REALLY underselling your enemies

>spoiler
Have you ever considered changing the viewpoint character?

>Bull-fucking-shit. I don't know if you're unable, uncomfortable, or simply unwilling to write about them, but there are many problems that simply can't be solved by raw power or martial prowess. And even for a jumper 49 jumps in, the Brethren Moons could definitely pose a worthy challenge.
Red has no long range teleportation, no mind control immunity, and no ability to drop a black hole.

Number of Jumps does not equate to power level, it only does when it gets to the point where it's guaranteed that they went to a high power jump or two.

How is he underselling them? He said they're a worthy challenge. That means he thinks they're hard even with that many jumps, not that he thinks they're easy peasy.

user I don't think Chirico is the right person to associate to a "challenge". He's better associated with "IMPOSSIBLE" or "BAKA NA" or "WELL FUCK HE'S STILL ALIVE"

How the fuck can you undersell them? They're fucking planetoid zombies, you can kill them or you can't. Some jumpers can get to the point of planetbusting long before 50 jumps.

I just implied it there, Number of Jumps does not equal level of power. I'm willing to bet I can make a 50 Jump build that doesnt exceed... Mid to Late game Naruto or Mid Toriko, with a tech level below Gundam.

Yeah there's still muscle memory and experience but that has a cap

Adaptive Evolution is honestly pretty terrible for 600 cp, since even if you almost get killed you only get a incredibly small boost to your resistance no matter what.

Well yeah I was just using him as a reaction image, I'm fully aware he's plot armor in blue hair and orange jumpsuit

Well that should be pretty easy considering you guys should have at least 50 vacation jumps by now...right? Heck even an item/companion based jumper can easily hit 50 without being particularly strong.

I mean I'm agreeing with you, but I thought the point should have been common sense really.

Missed this one

>rahu
Rahu is the final boss of Battle Revolution. His specs are suitably overpowered, to the point where you need backup from two NPC's in order to win.

Or rather, thats the Rahu III. Which is where the evolution perk comes from, seeing as he just coms back stronger.

I considered it at one point, but I asked, one of the biggest complaints were "It would just look incredibly evil if your jumper didn't solve everything and save every person if their nature was found out", and that didn't really appeal to me.

>And even for a jumper 49 jumps in, the Brethren Moons could definitely pose a worthy challenge
See , just because I have 49 jumps doesn't mean they were all high-powered jumps or that it's optimized. The most OP stuff there is forging, some FF-style magic, and a bow that just multiplies my shots. And without a bunch of mental/corruption immunity perks, strutting up to the source is a one-way ticket to Necromoph-ville. The biggest gun I have is a rifle that probably shoots fire energy or something, too. Fairly good at fighting people. Giant planetoid zombies? Not so much. So as a jumper, if the Marker itself is enough to mess me up, like fuck I'm gonna think the Moons are a safe bet.

>Some jumpers can get to the point of planetbusting long before 50 jumps.
Not all jumpers take the proper jumps TO get to that level.

He did say video game logic. Maybe all the fights are super compressed or something. Or it's just thematic.

The rahu origin also gets a 1up perk for 200 cp, so its not useless.

And if you are careful, you can end up with 124% resistance to things, which IS worth it.

Or just 50 Action Hero level stuff and mundane level settings that are still particularly dangerous despite their mundanity. Fallout for example.

Of course, I can make a character that could feasibly, safely kill the Brethren Moons in just three jumps.

Now, now Red, are you rebuilding the Bow again...Are you going to accidentally create female super androids in your image again

> but I thought the point should have been common sense really.

It just seemed like the other user was just saying "Do 50 jumps to have an inaccurate measurement of power to handle giant undead madness planets" without stating or realizing that some people's chains can avoid those settings that would give them the requirements to make it a "worthy battle"

Okay one, fuck you for that spoiler. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

Second, it is a likely outcome.

>124%

Is this like a vidya resistance thing or do you start healing from explosions or whatever? Because the latter is kinda OP.

>super compressed
>thematic

Not sure how either justifies it being 6 times longer than canon?

>3 jumps
That's 2 too many. Just go supcom and flood the universe with your army.
If you're not confident. Go LoT first and import it.

>Not all jumpers take the proper jumps TO get to that level.
There aren't really 'proper' jumps to get to that level though. Two different jumpers can take all the same jumps and come out of it fairly different, with significant disparity in power level depending on their builds. Fuck, I could probably come up with a few very specific builds that could take down a brethren moon with nothing but 50 vacation jumps given a bit of creativity.

Hey now, I just provide tools, it's not my fault what people decide to do with them. I mean, everybody wanted to become ridiculously large too once upon a time right...

>vidya
does it matter? either way, you no longer take damage from whatever. personally, i want to head to SMT and un-tank a few almighty hits. and then brandish my new 100% immunity.

>thematic
robos are eight inches high. the perk last six times as long. eight times six is four. four feet is shorter than most people. quid pro quo, the perk needs a boost, not a nerf.

...thats a joke, by the way.

supcom could still be mind controlled. Don't really know how strong the Brethren Minds are when it comes to controlling AI's after all.

>does it matter

...yes? "You become absolutely immune with no effort" isn't a good perk.

>that's a joke

Can't say I find it funny. Seriously, just keep it as per canon.

...Probably, not at all? Why would they be able to mind control technology?

you become absolutely immune by dying four times. thats not really a good thing, even if it is useful.

Because AI's are minds of course. They're basically magic already after all, they're moon sized zombie gods.

This is exactly what I'm saying. At her current level, not many things in Dead Space could threaten her personally besides the BBEGs of the setting. There's no reason to not use the Jumper's full capabilities or unnecessarily scale enemies because there are still challenges in the setting. It just depends on what challenges you decide to face. Once you move beyond yourself, personal power matters less and less in determining the difficulty in a given challenge. I mean, it's great for protecting yourself and surviving; but if you actually care about other people and how they feel, you'll find there are many more challenges to face.

Like, either Superman or Spiderman might breeze through a Zombie apocalypse completely unscathed, but saving everyone or rebuilding society will be much harder without compromising their morals.

>It would just look incredibly evil if your jumper didn't solve everything and save every person if their nature was found out
Not necessarily. You could, for example, write a character interaction between one or two people who were really thankful for what good you did do and leave it ambiguous if you did anything else. You can make them look however evil or good you want by omission alone. Even so, it doesn't really look evil if they're aware of their inability to solve everything and still keep trying. Really if you tried to do at least some good, that'd be admirable. Ungrateful bastards are simply the worst.

You also have to remember to build worlds up to take on future crises. Do you really want people to pray for a goddess who's no longer in the same universe?

Anyway, it's not like there haven't been villain protagonists, and "evil" doesn't necessarily mean "edge-lord". A character can actually be tolerable /and/ evil.

I understand that you in particular are not extraordinarily powerful (yet), it was just the spoiler'd part that triggered me.

You sure the resistances are additive? I see it as making more sense that its multiplicative.

Explain?

It's requires you to fight someone who is strong enough to kill you once a jump for four to five jumps. That is a pain in the ass that carries a significant danger of you actually getting sent home, not 'no effort'.

...I'm sorry, do you not realise why a perk that only works if you lose your chain is a bad idea?

Please don't tell me the intent of this perk is to game other jumps for 1-up perks. Apart from the inherent shittiness for interjump balance there's a valid argument to be made it's still useless because those 1-ups don't count as having truly died.

I'm honestly not sure. It's confusing.

And the reward is apparently absolute immuntiy to a form of attack.

Absolute.

Immunity.

Which can be upkept without effort.

I'm going to need a serious demontration from the series to justify this beyond vidya mechanics.

You know, if one perk creates this sort of back and forth commotion, it'd be nice if the author (I can't tell who is the author from the crowd anymore) to actually explain his intentions with the perk, what his design philosophy was, and what room for adjustment that he personally sees in it. At least it would settle some things rather than the back and forth that's happening right now.

This isn't a particularly large jump. Scrap out all that white space and you'd probably condense it to half of its current size. That's not a bad thing. It means editing will be relatively quick, and there'll be room for quality improvements. But it does mean if this one perk gets this much scrutiny, it'd be nice to know more about it from the author's perspective.

Because the actual length of the fights, and therefore the invulnerability, might be longer than is represented through gameplay.

As the person who's been contributing most of the objections to this perk I wholly agree to this, because at the moment it just straight up confuses me.

If it was additive it'd be resistance is 0% +25% +25% +25% +25% = 100%
If it was multiplicative it'd be more like it causes 100 damage then 100*.75*.75*.75 = 30 damage. If it was multiplicative then it'd take 17 deaths to get below 1% damage and the best you can get is near immune

Okay. In that case, and this is just my opinion, I feel it is disproportionately advantageous compared with the other capstones because its' duration is longer.

I do, however, recognise there's a valid counterargument that it's offset by the fact it does nothing else.

As a compromise, I would like to suggest that to represent the fact that the chief form of attack by the robos appears to be mundane physical force and some ballistic-type weapons, that the "invincibility" offered by the perks not encompass absolutely all forms of attack ever but just "mere" physical violence and bullets and bombs. I freely admit I don't know enough about Custom Robo to tell if this is a good compromise, but I feel it's worth exploring some kind of middle ground between that and complete immunity to all forms of attack.

They shoot energy and use miniature lasers, flamethrowers, and missiles too.

Hmm. In that case, better idea-the perks make you immune to any form of attack represented in the game, rather than all attacks ever?

Does this sound alright?

Isn't that still just physical violence?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Custom Robo about kids playing what's essentially VR Gundam duels with toys, and you have only some Robos that are actually military grade? The way you make it sound, it sounds like they're all fighting in a war and trying to murder each other (in which case I guess the whole planetary apocalypse in 100 years makes sense).

The tone of the setting seems to flip flop all over the place judging by the way people are approaching this. Is this actually a kid's game or not.

Is Yugioh a childrens card game?
It's kind of like that.

I don't know either! I got the impression it was a kids battle rumble royale kind of thing reading the jump, though.

Maybe? I guess? I'm just trying to figure out what a reasonable middle ground is, I think "mundane physical violence" is starting to sound like a reasonable definition

Excuse me, but I'm not understanding how you're making out 30 seconds of post-death invulnerability to be so OP.