Warforged Thread

What does Veeky Forums think of warforgeds?
Do we love them? Do we hate them?
Can we make them better?
Have you ever played one?
Also, warforged art thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

kiwikink.deviantart.com/art/IG42-Fred-76316302
youtube.com/watch?v=IU_-9rjg41M
youtube.com/watch?v=z1EjzJT1OOM
youtube.com/watch?v=x9zOsKLvElA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Beeforged
youtu.be/Dk37D_tkCCc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I kinda hate them since I did what wotc recommended me in races of eberron, be monk warforged with mithral plating.

If anyone has an image of a warforged ranger i'd like to see it.

Warforged are awesome. They make everything better. Vanilla fighter boring? Warforged 'im up and suddenly he is gladiator Data. Want to do something ultra-silly? Nothing sillier than a Warforged Bard stomping through dungeons singing autotuned pop songs at the darkness. Twink? Warforged Psychics. Crazy? Warforged Druids. But, user, what if I don't wanna Warforged? Warforged Reforged, and they suddenly become a real boy! Warforged up a lost village in the hills, and the uncanny valley will fuck with the players more than any "But the region is HAUNTED" locals ever could. Warforged Warforged Warforged!

What makes it "Ranger" as opposed to Druid or Fighter?

do machines even get inspired by music?

Has anyone ever played a warforged that wanted to get rich?

I played a warforged druid, pretty beastwars like.

The most famous warforged?

nigga you dumb

Warforged ranger.

Does it even make sense to play one of these?

Actually a mummy filled with sand.

Just gonna leave this here.

Interesting character backstory.

kiwikink.deviantart.com/art/IG42-Fred-76316302

Warforged music?

youtube.com/watch?v=IU_-9rjg41M

I played a warforged bard named Metronome who had a music box as his chestpiece (pic related)

He had a different cylinder for each spell. Lots of fun.

Heat metaling your own hands and choking a motherfucker is so badass too

You mean a Warforged in tune with nature?

Considering Warforged are essentially tree people with metal bits bolted on: yes. On Eberron (the origin of Warforged) there even exist "landforged" warforged who modify themselves to grow plants on their bodies and become more in tune with nature. They mostly hang around in the Xen'drik jungles (which, ironically, is the ancestral home and original source of the warforged).

youtube.com/watch?v=z1EjzJT1OOM
youtube.com/watch?v=x9zOsKLvElA

A couple of the songs I used

I'm playing a Warforged Cleric in a 3.5 game with Adamantine Body and the Saint template.

I have yet to take damage.

I played a warforged monk a couple years back. He ended up kind of famous for his tea, which started out as an attempt at impressing his new friends with a "hearty stew" but he didn't quite understand food yet, not needing to eat anything himself, and he later refined the recipe to the point that it had mild healing properties.

Nox ain't a robot, he's one of Wakfu's many varieties of human.

I want to play a Sun Soul Monk as a warforged and shoot light beams out of my arms.

Should you play a warforged as a person with unusual physiology, or as a golem with some human characteristics?

Neither. Upon creation, a warforged is a blank state mind with the reasoning and mental abilities of an adult, which are swiftly taught nothing but loyalty to the ones who buy them, combat, the arts of war, and then instilled with a crushing fear of failure or death. Then they were sold off to various nations that treated them with varying degrees of humanity and sent into battle. They knew only war when it ended, far more so than other humanoid races, even those too short lived to have been born before it. Many didn't know what to do afterwards, which is why a large population because adventurers- killers for hire yet again, with a reliable platoon to follow.
At least, this is how they are in Eberron. The Races of Eberron book has good reading on all of the races.

That said, there are many ways to play Warforged, from the Pinocchio in a killing machine body to one seeking to perfect their artificial body, etc. Just remember that most Warforged are a bit naive, and tend to not completely understand the ways of the organic squishies.

Well, the book said monk and warlock were perfect for each other, that you could increase their armor even more by having mithral body and their damage by using Warforged's slam

The forgot to add the part in where you lose everything from monk and become shit. It was my first time playing 3.5.

Time Lich =/= warforged.

Their standard composite plating grants a +2 armor bonus to AC and can be enchanted, but doesn't count as armor. It works great with monk, especially if you equip a Battlefist (unarmed strike does bludgeoning and piercing damage, increases in size, and can be enchanted) and take the warforged monk ACFs from City of Stormreach (trade immunities you already have, get minor benefits like the ability to heal damage when you rest).

The Mithral Body feat grants stronger plating but it counts as light armor, turning off your monk powers.

Psionic warforged with Adamantine Body and Psicrystal Affinity make amazing damage sponges. You can use Share Pain to split damage with your Psicrystal, then share Psionic Repair Damage with it to heal massive amounts of HP.

And saint dragonborn warforged juggernauts are immune to just about everything.

>Warlock
Kek, I meant warforged, swiftkey liked warlock better.

I'm not denying that, I'm just saying that races of eberron said: pick mithral or adamantine plating (mithral if you don't like skill penalties) and use slam on your FoB and monk will improve their features by a lot. Which is all fucking lies.

This reminds me the "Dude, you should totally multiclass monk and palading in 5e" recommendation from Sword Coast book.

Wotc are a bunch of cunts and dicks.

It's not so much a recommendation as it is saying "Hey, you could mix the inner holy light monk with paladin."
And you can. It's just...MAD. Very MAD. And technically not great synergy since the goodies Sun Soul gets are spell attacks and don't work with smite. But it's thematic as hell.

ENGAGING: SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE

I love Jose's Unusual Escapades, but was thinking more along the lines of pic related.

Mother. Fucking. Beeforged.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Beeforged

This is memey as hell and probably Los Tiburon tier but I want to do it.

tfw you completed an online personality test and it came up paladin/monk.

>tfw you get bard with +2 int, +1 con, and +0 across the rest of the board

How would you Warforged Illusionist?

Lost

How would you fluff a eldritch knight warfordged?

youtu.be/Dk37D_tkCCc

Anyone have the Screencap of the Ninja Warforged that had the ability to be anything?

God I wish Ebberon was still around.

>death robot plays soothing lullaby music while fighting
CUTE
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

Also I would love to play a Warforged but I've never had the chance to.

Is it not? Nothing stopping you from playing it.

>Do we love them? Do we hate them?
I dislike them.
I think they're even worse than dragonborn and tieflings.

Got it

Nothing is worse then dragonborn, and tieflings are only bad as player characters.

Could you explain why? I understand tieflings attract edgelords and that dragonborn can be furry/scalie magnets, but what's wrong with Warforged?

I am playing a Warforged Life Cleric in a 5e game starting tomorrow. The DM approved my idea of him having hook-ups to Irian (the Eberron local equivalent of the Positive Energy Plane) as part of an experimental product line to make non-divine magical healing a possibility.

After the Last War he was unable to adjust to civilian life, his medical practice failed due to his terrible bedside manner, low charisma with lines like "Be still, engaging positive energy wave emitters! Prepare for more PEW PEW!" He eventually fell in with an organized crime boss who did not care about his idiosyncrasies and essentially became a Mob Doc.

He is the Humanoid Enhancement, Recovery, and Combat Unit 23. Called HERC or 23 to his friends.

I just need a picture of a robot in a pinstriped suit to go with him.