Would tattooing holy texts in a celestial language on a succubus do damage or have harmful effects on her...

Would tattooing holy texts in a celestial language on a succubus do damage or have harmful effects on her? This is DnD 5E btw.

I kinda need to know because.. err ... reasons.
My party may or may not have captured a unbound succubus
The paladin's faith teaches that evil shall with pain be outed

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemptive_suffering
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you ever read thouse doujins where they write things all over the girl after she mindbroken?
Well, it should to same effect. You can also force her to wear jewelry in from of holy symbols.

I'm not much of a doujin reader. i absolutely can not into moonrunes and my specific kinks are a bit too hardcore for /h/ and /d/, so there aren't many scanlations around of what i would want to read.

If the Paladin is so devout and pious he believes ritual pain will purge evil, why does he apparently have a problem with just executing the pure Evil monster?

Like, I honestly don't think it's "lel Lawful Stupid Smite Everything" That Guy behavior to kill an actual demon.

Maybe.

Up to the gm, really.

>My party may or may not have captured a unbound succubus
Are you the one making succubus threads the whole day? I believe this not a bit.

If i understood him correctly killing her would "only" send her back to the abyss/hell/wherever she came from and restrict her from returning to the material plane for a lot of years.

His plan was to tattoo some holy texts on her and lock her up somewhere out of reach of civilization so she can contemplate her actions in quiet solitude. Think of it as a supernatural life sentence in solitary confinement.

Nope that's not me. This thread is the first thread i'm the OP of in ~4 months. I mostly lurk and nab the occasional character pic.

>so she can contemplate her actions in quiet solitude

She's an incarnation of metaphysical Evil. She can't "contemplate her actions". That's where I'm lost.

If the Paladin wanted to just seal her up for an eternity of righteous punishment I'd get it. But if he thinks she can be redeemed he's either an idiot or he thinks with his dick more than Oliver Queen. Possibly both.

You know I doubt the metaphysical properties of hellish abominations are actually well understood by anyone in setting. This would at least serve as an intriguing experiment. If the pain of the tattoos truly "out evil", then will the succubus simply be destroyed, or is there anything that would be left of it once purged?

What demons are, what affects them adversely, the power of celestial script, and all other variables regarding the question you asked... they are all dependent on the setting.

Basically you should be texting your GM to ask him this question. We literally cannot answer this question. If you are the GM in question, then you should give us context so we can give you suggestions.

Why not just fucking stab her to death? These dumb-ass Rube Goldberg solutions that players come up with make no goddamn sense and you are basically forced and shamed into praising them because "muh creativity."

Imagine what it would feel like to sink a cold iron longsword into the pale belly flesh of a succubus, feeling her warm flesh against your hand as your sword goes in up to the hilt. She gasps almost erotically from the surprise, then the pain begins as blood pours over her intestines and out the tear-drop-shaped wound you have torn in her. She cries out as you stab her over and over, her demonic breasts dissolving into crackling ash as she disappears. This is far more fun than writing holy script on her like a dumb-ass. This is true pleasure. This is living.

Solitary confinement in eternal torture. What a fucking monster, this jackass calls himself a paladin?

>in a celestial language
As in the Celestial tongue, or the Words of Creation language?
Words of the former language would probably annoy the succubus and make her skin itch constantly.
Words of the latter language would probably burn her to ash.

DnD 5e has detailed and well known setting

I'm guessing the first one. The second one seems a bit to powerful for a mere paladin to know.

I could see a particularly well-traveled paladin stumbling across some clan of monks or knights who teach him like, one word of it.

It's a fucking demon, there is no such thing as mercy for their kind

>chained up in solitary confinement with itching skin, unable to scratch it or get used to it

This would probably drive a mortal quite insane, similar to being submitted to chinese water torture for a prolonged period of time.

She IS a succubus though, so who knows where this would go.

I usually don't go for extremes when I play Paladins, but this is honestly a legitimate answer.

>I usually don't go for extremes when I play Paladins, but this is honestly a legitimate answer.

I agree completely, with one caveat.

OP, in your world, are these succubi beings with free will, or not? The difference between the two is huge when it comes to the effectiveness and even the means of redemption.

It really doesn't. It is a strength of the game that they leave a bunch of shit up to the GM to tinker with as they please.

I thought you got banned virt.

Even if succubi in this setting do have free will, then the Paladin can be excused for not knowing/caring.

Especially if that's something most people aren't really aware of.

A Paladin is not obligated to spare someone just on the hope they can redeem or fix themselves. Lawful Good can be harsh and still be Lawful Good.

It's D&D.

Demons are objectively evil. It is not opinion, it is not individual preference, it's not how they're raised or their philosophy. It is a hard, objective, independently verifiable fact that they are evil. If they do not register as evil, then they are by definition not a succubus or any other kind of demon.

Therefore, any paladin worth his salt would not even bother. You have a demon captured, you smite her. That is the objective answer.

If you modify the setting to change this basic fact, then the answer is whatever you want it to be. And don't get me wrong, I think it should be changed because gray is always more interesting than black or white. But if you do change it, then it's no longer D&D 5e, it's just a homebrew based on it in whole or part.

10+ pages on fiends and a page on succubi themselves is pretty fucking detailed. You can throw it all in the trash if you please, but the same could be said of any game

No, I was referring specifically to the methods usable to redeem them. Especially since (at least in my games) beings which lack free will do not have alignment.

>That is the objective answer.
Smiting just banishes them. If you can bind it and keep it somewhere out of the way it might do less harm.

Technically 5E succubi are just fiends, not demons. They can be found in all of Acheron, Baator, Gehenna, Hades, Carceri, the Abyss, or Pandemonium, as well as on the Outlands/in Sigil.
This means theoretically they could be reformed (they are not shards of the abyss like demonkind), but in so doing they would cease to be fiends any longer.

What if the succubus is a priest already?

A paladin is still under no obligation to act as a social worker for fiends.

A particularly dedicated or naive one might give it a try, or maybe if he just wants to hit it without risking his soul. But I wouldn't fault a paladin player for just killing it.

I'm somewhat doubtful, but i'd imagine that it'd do wonders for punishment. Not so much because the tattoo hurts so bad, but because the succubus is bound to catch the worst shit if she returns to the infernal realm she spawned from sporting holy tats. It'd be kind of like walking into gang territory with rival gang symbols on you.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemptive_suffering
>Redemptive suffering is the Catholic belief that human suffering, when accepted and offered up in union with the Passion of Jesus, can remit the just punishment for one's sins or for the sins of another, or for the other physical or spiritual needs of oneself or another.

Never said they were obligated, and OP doesn't claim he's acting under obligation to aid so much as holding to his own faith (which honestly gives me a sort of an eerie torture-to-goodness vibe).

I always wanted to do a barbarian/paladin under this sort of premise. All self flagilation and denial.

>Baaleficer, Lord of Hells: Verana, young lady, you're back before curfew. What have I told you about not sneaking in!
>Verana: Jeeze dad, I just wanted to come home early. *bends over to untie shoes, accidentally revealing her tattoo"
>B: What's wrong with you and--what in the Heavens is THAT?
>V: It's cool dad, stop being such boner
>B: Young lady, you know my rules. No Good tattoos in this house!

>my specific kinks are a bit too hardcore for /h/ and /d/
>bit too hardcore for /d/

what the fuck man?
for real, what the fuck do you fap to?

>Rebellious succubus going through a Lawful Good phase.
I'm so gonna steal this for the next silly DnD one-shot i play in

>>bit too hardcore for /d/
guro is the usual suspect

Hardcore Hand holding

Mostly stuff like desperation, hanging, asphyxiation, necro and some other freaky stuff. I used to hang out on /d/ but after a while most of /d/ is just got boring to me.

didn't mean to link

>asphyxiation

>DoomDad2016: Hey guys, so I was wondering if I could get some advice. My daughter just recently turned 116; so you know, it's that time. Lately I've been getting worried. She never seems interested in harvesting the souls of the innocent or any of the other stuff she loved doing with me when she was a kid. She's always shut up in her room, reading Paladin epics and spending a lot of time on Good internet websites. Just yesterday I saw her throwing out her obsidion high heels, slave girl chains, and black lipstick. Now she's started wearing knee-length skirts and sweaters. She even asked if she could get her belly button un-pierced, which horrified me.

Should I be worried, or is this just a phase?

Tile patterns

>desperation
Like Emergence?

Like panic, crying, deadly situations, pissing from fear etc

What does a """""""""""reformed"""""""""""" demon succubus even do?
What would she be?
Just a nymph who doesn't suck out your soul through your dick when she's done?

You'd be condemning her to a life of endless possibly non consenting sex.
That doesn't sound like a very paladin thing to do.

It's like reformed church. They just do exactly the same thing as they did before but now wear slightly different clothes while doing it.

Prostitution.

Or, you bind her to your weapon wakfu-style and use her powers to make yourself stronger while also being able to keep an eye on the problem the whole time.

On the bright side, you'll kill yourself before you can breed

That
Is so
my fetish
my nubian frater

The answer is Yes OP. This is probably the least cringeworthy thing you can do with a captured succubus.

wouldn't just killing them be the least cringeworthy thing you could do

people trying to """redeem"""" succubi has been getting kind of old

Just roll to give her the holy paladin dick and be done

>not marking the stuff that is yours, such as succubus you rightfully captured in the name of your God
I bet you don't even stick a post-it on the bottle of milk in your fridge.

Just think about it - a succubus that had the Celestial writing imprinted onto her is now forever stained in the eyes of the other denizens of the Abyss.

"Look at that bitch who got caught and is now stained by the word of God, look at her and laugh" - t. other denizens of the Abyss.

Well, DoomDad2016, I've got a couple questions for you.

First off, is your daughter a Succubus? She might just be trying out new techniques, or something along those lines. Secondly, has she expressed any interest in Angels or Heroes? As in a love interest, not a lust interest, if you understand my meaning? If not, then in all likelihood it's just a phase, so you don't need to worry! But if so, you should continue to support her, she is your daughter after all! Even here, family is important.

>From: AdviceDaemon0024

DoomDad2016, AdviceDaemon0024 is a well known paladinposter. Please ignore his advice, it is dangerous to your family!

You have to stomp this out right away. Most likely your daughter is picking this behavior up from someone else, maybe a recent conquest or a mortal she's taken a shining to. Either way, you need to identify them and correct this problem before your daughter does something stupid that could hurt her, get her captured, or even executed.

Get her back on the straight and narrow and out tempting mortals into sin, DoomDad.

-ShadowTehEdgehog

>pain makes evil go away
Succubus are evil, they're like pure evil. If the paladin doesn't kill it, he's being a fucking idiot.
You're a fucking idiot for making this thread, you fucking filth, you just want to force your group horrible fetish shit where you force a demon to get tattoos so it'll suck your dick or something

nice try satan but I'll just go with the standard "look at that bitch who tried to charm the followers of god, failed, and got killed by them"

Killing them just sends them back to the underworld.

Throwing them in a sealed room that would take decades to get out of would be much more effective at keeping evil suppressed for longer.

The tats are just for bonus distraction.

>nice try satan
Hey, you can trust me on this.
I hate those fuckers in the Abyss. They wouldn't know the meaning of the word "order", even if you bashed their heads in with it.

Now, the Nine Circles of Hell - that's entirely different story.
You are always welcome here, if you want to indulge some vice or another.

>Throwing them in a sealed room that would take decades to get out of would be much more effective at keeping evil suppressed for longer.
Demons in generally are really goddamn strong, so what is this room made out of to make it so it takes that long for demons to escape?

Also it perma kills the demon if you go to hell/the abysis and slay them, so just do that instead of making other players uncomfortable by saying "tattoo her tits" or whatever

That was never a possibility.

Captured is the key word here. Obviously just smite and purge is the most straightforward way to do it. But if you manage to capture one and want to do something more interesting, this is the best I can think of.

I concur. You should probably obliterate the mortal with 2 or 3 hurls of Hellfire.
But if you feel like working out the extra mile for your daughter, you could try to capture the mortal and bring it to Fork n' Tails, for a week of undescribable temptation, debauchery and wantonnes that will surely bring the fiend inside the mortal out! 25% discounts on weekends!

Reported for spam.

Look, I know we're all evil and all,but we have standards. Spam isn't welcome here.

>Also it perma kills the demon if you go to hell/the abysis and slay them
"just go to hell and kill them" like it's piss easy to do.

All you really need is enough adamantium to stake the fucker down. Adamantium cuffs and bondage gear will leave them physically incapable of busting free even on a 20. It's expensive but STILL so much cheaper than taking a trip to goddamn hell to kill demons permanently.

D&D, Biblical, Romantic, Classical, Hindu and even pre-Classical canon says you're wrong.

Just visit the nearest cleric and ask, kill her if anything else shows up because you know, evil.

>adamantium
>that much of it
Jesus christ man, that's not even thinking about how the succubus could just be spamming charm every turn it's not restrained. Sure going to hell is hard, but how hard is it doing the tedious task you're talking about? It's almost like you have some weird motives for it...
Just admit it, if it were any other demon you wouldn't even think of doing this shit, you'd just kill it and continue. But no, since tits you want to tie it up with adamantine rope and keep it inside of your painful sex dungeon, you fucking sex pervert

On the other hand being a cleric or paladin belonging to a Redemptionist cult and being assigned to be a social worker for fiends sounds like it would make for a fun game.

It could be fun. Planescape proves that it's at least potentially possible.

Sounds like Ugly Americans: The Campaign.

I'd love a well-made fantasy TV series about this.

It has enough of a formula for episodic plots and also fodder for long arcs that keep viewers coming back. Urban fantasy seems kind of hot right now anyway. If it has some good writing and production value it could be pretty gr8.

would they not be obligated to know the facts in order to dispense this justice? feels like in such a specific situation a lawful good paladin should learn what exactly the effects of this weird ritual should do to a succubus.

DoomDad2016 here, thanks for the replies.

She is a succubus, like her mother. The wife and I are separated but I get majority custody since I'm Lawful. She does seem to have a new flame.

He's a clean cut young man who first showed up to my door, shook my hand, and said "hello sir I am here to pick up your daughter". She then showed up at my door, smiled shyly, and then let him walk her out to his horse. I later looked him up on FaceTome; apparently he's Lord Commander of her school's Junior Paladin Team.

It infuriated me someone would act like this to someone's father, and scared me she likes being treated this way. This has been going on for a month and I don't think they've even had sex. She's very touchy on this subject and I'm afraid grounding her or forbidding him from seeing him will just make her want him more. But I also don't want her smote.

Succubi exist to corrupt the pure. Your daughter making use of the one at a time tactic is perfectly normal. Many don't have sex all over the place, focusing solely on a powerful and influential and holy individuals, such as Popes, Kings, or Lord Paladins capturing their hearts and wrapping them around their fingers until resistance is all but impossible and their soul is theirs.

The good news is paladins are largely zealots and young paladins are -stupid- zealots. All you need to do is make sure he drives her away by saying or doing something stupid and bigoted. Maybe her mother can help you here, succubi are good at making young men do stupid things after all and I'm sureshe doesn't want your daughter smote any more than you do? Just a suggestion.

-ShadowTehEdgehog

I may talk to her mother. We didn't part on bad terms but you know, succubus. She has always been good with paladins.

-DoomDad2016

I was thinking more like a person with blood tattoos being sent to a mostly crip populated prison but I guess that works too.

I wonder, if a succubus who has true free will can be redeemed by annoyance torture like this, or at least detained by it, would that impact any of their prior victims? I'd think it would be setting-dependent, wouldn't it?

>Demons are objectively evil
And certain Angels are objectively good, but they can still fall, so why can't Demons also be redeemed?

How did you capture her? Do you have something to stop her powers? If not, then she is likely just playing with you and will retreat to Ethereal Plane when she is bored.

On earth, writing spells, incantations, formulae, holy scriptures on the body, weapons, parchments in phylacteries was said to imbue the the thing with magickal power, holy protection, the ability to wound the otherwise unwoundable etc. Drawing symbols on the ground in circles was said to create a barrier through which things could not pass. You can think of other things.

Much of this passed through directly into D&D but they tended to say that spells needed to be somehow energised by a magic user or a cleric. The same symbols even if copied directly wouldn't have any effect if drawn by a non-magic user.

So I'd be inclined to say no. The writing itself does nothing unless it's part of a known ritual or spell process.

You and I might be awed by meeting an infernal or celestial being and be damaged by some kind of aura or be overwhelmed by their beauty or hearing them speak even something mundane like their laundry list but succubi are already of a kind with celestial beings. They're both extra-planar beings, of different polarities but equally powerful.

Why should writing celestial propaganda or a celestial history book on an infernal have any effect? That's all a celestial holy text is to an infernal right? We're the celestials, we did this cool stuff, we're the best! Infernals suck ****!"

That last line is also in the infernal unholy texts because they're proud of it and rightfully so.

Now, if the tattoo ink is made of holy artefacts or the tattoo is the somatic/material component of a spell then maybe it should have some harmful effect. If it kills her outright, that's fine, lots of spells do instant damage. But bear in mind that permanent magic spells can't be that powerful or they're game unbalancing. Any permanent effect on the succubus should be small, like an itch or it aches whenever snow falls in Hell. There are people who live with severe chronic pain and they adapt to it so it's believable that the irritation is often unnoticed.

>"No, please..."
>"Do it!"
>"I don't want to."
>"Shut up and do it!"
>"Don't make me, I don't want to."
>"Put it on, cover yourself up, whore!"

OP, never show x pic to your group.
If you want to give them a succubi, atleast use some art that's either;

- better quality "art"
- more creepy art to highlight the demonic nature of your demons.

But then again, it's your story, your demons.

Unbound Succubi could be interesting, although I would use it as the heart of a city gone mad, after all, the effects of unbound lust could result into interesting Slaaneshi scenarios, but that's just the body horror enthousiast in me typing

I read this as if the pic's knife-ear said this.
You got some issues user.

Then we bring in the local cultist of the End Times and watch as she fails to sway him from the eldritch entities that have already infested his mind with apocalyptic fervor.

He'll probably sacrifice her to Deep Ones or something.

I can't tell if that one's falling or rising.

>Just admit it, if it were any other demon you wouldn't even think of doing this shit, you'd just kill it and continue
Im fucking plying.

You should see my balor collection. They're immortal so arms and legs off, tongue out, lobotomy to keep and quiescent and unable to think, and sealed in a coffin. The lobotomy was done first so the rest doesn't hurt.

It's a lot more humane than letting them run amok causing more evil.

>collecting Balors and not expecting demon lords to come calling for them
>not just polmorphing them into small, harmless animals

>polymorphed Balor petting zoo
>polymorphed Balor hospital pet
>polymorphed Balor orphanage care animal

Make 'em pay back in kindness and caring what they took away in evil and malice

>it's temporary, but the sheer amount of love, care, and kindness shown to the cute little critters actually does change their nature
>this becomes the primary means of rehabilitating criminals in the kingdom
>it also becomes the primary treatment for most mental illnesses

this is how daemonhosts work in 40k

never a bad day for sacrifice, friend

They seem to have fairly regular threads for that on /d/ mate, you trying to up your edgelord status by being too cool for school?

you forgot lolies