The bbeg pulls out a minigun during the last encounter in a medieval setting

>The bbeg pulls out a minigun during the last encounter in a medieval setting.

How fucked is your party?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oJp0OmlYFS4
youtube.com/watch?v=2cJX8ZilG_E
dandwiki.com/wiki/Steambolt_Minigun_(3.5e_Equipment)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty fucked, considering my party's made to deal with bows and swords, not rapid fire high caliber weapons from several hundred years into the future.

Guns are literally worthless against a sentai team, but how the fuck did we time travel to a medieval setting?

If he had it built by local smiths, he's fucked, because that shit requires some precision engineering.

bullet, meet 10 ft of solid rock

We use a hp based system so not at all.

A minigun isn't enough, he better have thermal imaging gear (or some other way to deal with invisibility) or it's not going to help him that much.

Depending on the party's actions, the BBEG may turn out to be a dracolich.

There are some rare and expensive kinds of armor in the setting that could potentially deflect fire from a human-scale minigun. A dragon-sized one... not so much.

not fucked at all.

as soon as he pulls the trigger the recoil knocks him over. It doesn't matter, though, because he'll run out of ammo 3 seconds after pulling the trigger. not to mention he can't aim for shit without sights and a stable firing platform.

You know, I think they might be okay...

the only remotely correct about this post is the running out of ammo thing, and even then it would be around 10 seconds.

>Dragon sized minigun

I'm playing mousegard, is it a mouse sized minigun, or a minigun sized one? This is important.

>Diamond mind/Iron Heart Warblade

Fucking bring it.

Nothing even remotely correct about anons post. It's full of crap. Stop using Predator as a primary reference for your tough guy wet dreams.

2000 rounds of ammo weighs 24 kg and depletes in 60 seconds at 2000 rpm or 40 seconds at 3000 rpm or 30 seconds at 4000 rpm.

The gun has nearly 200 lbs of recoil. Acting fucking horizontally. You can't stand up while 200 lbs of recoil are hitting you every 15 - 30 ms.

Then there's the torque to spin the barrel that would flip the guy on his head and keep going.

There's a reason the guns are pintle and pod mounted.

>Stop using Predator as a primary reference for your tough guy wet dreams
Look at this sexual Compsognathus! Look at him!

>The Dragon appears in the sky!
>He's carrying a Gau-8!
Roll initiative.

That's cool, we have grapeshot, and a dragon.

Rolled 8, 1, 16, 8, 17, 16, 16, 14, 4, 5, 12, 3, 10, 10, 5 = 145 (15d20)

>The Dragon casts BRRRRRT!
Roll a dexterity check to take half damage.

What the fuck are you on about?
youtube.com/watch?v=oJp0OmlYFS4

Those are blanks.

how about this?
2:50
youtube.com/watch?v=2cJX8ZilG_E

Closest analog for our PF game is the Steambolt Minigun from 3.5 dandwiki.com/wiki/Steambolt_Minigun_(3.5e_Equipment)

Its attacks only have a range of 120ft. I'm a Kineticist bruiser. Ride a blast and proceed to kinetic whip his ass

My party faces miniguns every other session, and it's a medieval setting. Ratling guns for the win. The first pc death was by them, and the last. Not too difficult to counter.

'Medieval' in the way D&D is 'medieval'

Or actual low/no magic medieval?

It's a medieval only because it's so long after the apocalypse, and we have an ancient plasma pistol for emergencies.

>Recoil knocks him over.
Incorrect.
>Burn through ammo in 3 seconds
Also wrong.
>Inaccurate without sights and firing platform
What are 'tracer rounds' and 'walking fire' for $500 Alex?

Noguns.
By your logic, firing a rifle chambered in .700 nitro express, with its nearly nine thousand foot pounds of energy at the muzzle, would kill you. Guess what, it actually doesn't.

very

Not very. You didn't specify that he also pulls out ammunition, and since it's a medieval setting we can't assume he has ready access to it. It's basically a needlessly complicated bludgeon.

Better question is how fucked is the GM's face.

My Cleric would be fine due to the projectile immunity he has, but his party would probably be in pain. The summoner would probably really be hurting.

Can't they just use the Cleric as a riot shield?

I have a magic shield, so it depends on what the rest of the party brought to the fight.

Depends on whether or not our sorcerer can fuck shit up. High level or not I don't think my barbarian stands much of a chance.