Taxes in EU

Are tax authorities more forgiving in EU than in good ol' murrica?
Are taxes harsher for trading and cashing out than what's imposed by the IRS?
Please share your country's tax rates with this humble burger

12m holding = 0 taxes

Bitcoin over all a grey area and not in detail defined legally

Altcoins not regulated or defined in our law

not that easy boyo.
i live in CH and here you need to tax your crypto holdings just like any other currency

You asked about the tax situation in other countries. I gave you mine and they are as easy as that.

UK here
First $15,000 pa of gainz are tax free
Next $45,000 pa at 18%
Anything above that at 28%
Something like that

I hope you don't daytrade in those 12 months

Depends on the country. I am in the EU and have to pay 23% income tax if I were to legally cash out crypto.

What about in the case of a coin like Steem when its locked up in Steam Power? Is it technically not accessible and thus not a taxable asset?

In France it's 30% from 0.0000000001 to infinite, such fuckers

I've read that Croatia doesn't have taxes on crypto as it's not regulated and the capital gains law is not applied to crypto.
Serbfag here so not sure, but that's what i've found on Croatian crypto forums.

In Portugal there are no taxes on crypto yet. Not yet legislated.
In the newspaper a tax authority officer advised people not do declare crypto on their income tax sheet.

Quando acahas que nos comecam a foder?

>Make millions on crypto
>Get a loan to buy a house in a country with no crypto tax
>Move country
>Cash out
>Move back
>Sell house

Acho que desde que mantenhas as transferências para a tua conta inferiores a 10,000€ vai ser dificil alguma vez te apanharem.

Também acho que se legislarem, também vão ter de oferecer algum tipo de protecção ao consumidor. Se não oferecerem, penso que seja fácil levar o IRS a tribunal caso te tentem foder, uma vez que não podes taxar algo à toa, sem oferecer certos tipos de protecção.

Cheers.

Don't forget about the ISF if you also make it big in Crypto. What's the deal if we move to Monaco?

Interested to know more about taxes in France.
Best option seems to move to Germany wait one year and there is 0% gains on crypto profits.

use monero avoid taxes

it seems so weird to hold onto coins for a year, especially now that everyone and their grandma knows about them

Netherlands: if paid in crypto, taxed like regular income (duh). If invested in crypto, 0% tax. There's no capital gains tax here.

enjoy never being able to cash out

yes there is, you pay according to your box 3 brackets. you pay 1.2% tax annually on your net worth doesn't matter what you do with it