Order of the Stick 1054 A Kill By Any Other Name

I forgot; why are the frost giants trying to knock them out of the sky again?

it's what they do

Hasn't been explicitly revealed yet, but is presumed to be the Vampire's doing.

Belkar

High Str, Cause he`s proven it.
High Dex, Cause he`s proven it.
High Con, Cause he sure as hell has proven it.
High Cha, Intimate and sometimes charming. Sure

And High Int: He either really did play Haley or is witty enough to come up with that quip mid combat.

Wis is likely his lowest stat, and it`s probably merely "Reasonable" instead of a complete dump stat.

This is what you get sometimes when you use random rolling dice at character generation.

Thog is the extreme opposite example.

It's probably pretty badly dumped, given that he can't cast spells at all, and mentions he has a penalty to profession; I'm guessing 8 or so.

And one play against Haley (which ends up with him doing what she wants anyway) hardly demonstrates a high intelligence. At most, it's probably just a lucky roll.

Some early strips did indicate that Wisdom was his dump stat, being unable to cast spells from scrolls and terrible at spot.

Thog edit.

Could just be a Random Encounter. We haven't had one of them since what? The bug slavers?

HIs inability to spot shit is a recurring gag.

But generally the thing with belkar is that his attributes might be good but his saves are garbage, which generally requires low WIS, low CON, low INT, low CHA - though low in D&D can mean "between 10-14" - I'd be surprised if he's got more than 15 in any attribute except STR and DEX, but he's pushing at least 20 in DEX and 18 in STR (which is impressive given the halfling penalty to STR - might be boosting damage output with barbarian rage).

>DMC/Bayo/MGR-style action game starring Belkar

Would you buy?

His Fort and Reflex saves are pretty good, it's just his Will save that sucks. I'm pretty sure he's never passed a Will save since the comic started.

He's also got a terrible build, but that gets glossed over.

Belkar's shitty build tends to come up in how he performs. He's great at murdering mooks, but you can count the number of significant enemies he's killed in single combat on one hand.

Yes.

Thyrm lord of Frost giants is in agreement with Hel to destroy the world. For secret reasons.

Man, gotta suck to spend all that time and energy growing thar large and then just job helplessly to a bunch of midgets.

according to the stat thread on Giantitp:
>strength: 14-17
>dexterity: 13+
>constitution: unknown
>intelligence: wisdom: 8-9
>charisma:

That's true, even here he's just dealing the last bit of damage to enemies that have already been weakened by V and Haley.

Do better

I would love to play as a Halfling in anything.

I'd imagine a Belkar game as more like GTA

The frost giants are presumably in league with the evil norse gods in wanting to blow up the world, as being all around shitty people is kinda their thing.

This is so much better than "I C dik lol" edits

Halfling Ranger/Barbarian is probably not optimal yeah...
Are they in 3 or 3.5?

3.5e, the first comic is them getting updated

Thats right I just couldn't remember if it was 3 or 3.5. They WERE playing 2 iirc from when Roy rips their old contracts

Belkar wouldn't even be fun to play as in a regular D&D game. He doesn't benefit from so many of his class features that he's just a Warrior with PC wealth and 'free' TWF to cripple himself further with.

Especially not a two-weapon fighter. TWF in 3.x is only a good option if you have some way of multiplying the damage (Sneak Attack, crit-fishing, Skirmish with some good building). Belkar does not.

We've seen for ourselves that Thrym, the god of Frost Giants, is in favor of destroying the world. When asked, he said "My reasons are my own." Probably not a coincidence.

Oh yeah, forgot that he was a god. I was thinking in ye olde norse terms, where basically 100% of frost giants were awful and at war with the gods.
Prize for most awful goes to giant loki (that's basically his name) who is loki if loki was a giant.

His Charisma, and int are probably not that high. It's probably a flat 10. Most characters can come up with quips mid combat, and it isn't like dumber characters haven't occasionally done/said something smart/happen to say something intelligent sounding. Example:Thog.