What kind of weapons would a paladin use for modern combat/warfare?

What kind of weapons would a paladin use for modern combat/warfare?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
youtu.be/-mnnQfYeCRY?t=1m55s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guns.

Whatever the modern day equivalent of Paladins (the US military) uses.

Are we talking "paladin" or "crusader"?

I'd see a paladin going for a more civil protection role, like the guy with the riot shield in SWAT raids.

AR pattern rifles with the shiniest of gear attached to them.

Oh boy here we go.

Probably guns. Really good guns, maybe?

The right arm of the free world. Anything else is commies.

US military is Sardaukar, not paladins

>Sardaukar

Because they lost to sand people?

>Sardaukar
Because so many of them live in a giant prison?

They would ride glorious holy apache attack helicopters into combat.

(With blessed missiles of course.)

They're heavy shock troops with all the best toys and training. For all these reasons, and more.

>American training
>best

>Excuse me, Mr Sardaukar
>Hmm?
>Any words after the successful attack on the Atredies?
> My Legs are okay

>Feyd
>ANother one of the barons sons?
>Baron
>Barons mentat
>?

Who the hells the guy on the far right, I mean its been a while since I've read the dune series but still have no idea.

Well, considering that a paladin is a holy warrior fighting for what he believes is good and just...

Remember folks, you saw it here first.

It's: Feyd, Raban, The Baran, Piter, The Emperor, and a Sardaukar

There's another one like this that shows Paul, Jessica, Leto, Gurney, and Gaius but I'm to lazy to look it up right away.

Cheers mate

>Who the hells the guy on the far right,
Nick Griffin? Sarah Palin? Hitler?

Dubs makes this legit as if it wasent already pretty awesome

Obviously, the paladin needs to ride a Paladin.

You wouldn't ride a paladin.

Shit, son, that paladin looks ready to ride *me*.

RPG paladins don't really operate as soldiers, they're more like investigators, police, rescue workers etc.

So probably a pistol and taser for everyday carrying would be enough, to deter and force compliance from wrongdoers.
Assault rifle or submachine gun for really shit days.

I always saw them more as Divine Pimp Hands. The strong right hand that delivers justice where justice fails. Then again, that perspective probably comes from AD&D exposure.

A paladin is specifically Catholic though. Not that Catholocism will grow anything even vaguely resembling a spine with Francis in charge. If we want new paladin, our best bet is the Society of Saint Pius taking over the Vatican from the inside and repealing Vatican II. But then again, that'd be "intolerant". Being called intolerant nowadays is worse than being called a heretic in the Middle Ages.

Ladyknight (male)

What game are you playing? Paladins have always been warriors or cavaliers, best armour, heaviest weapons, highest hit dice except for barbarians. The word first appeared as the name for a group of knights in medieval literature and was copied into RPGs from that source. How does that translate to rescue worker or investigator?

I imagine they'd want to be absolutely certain of their targets so sniper riffles.

>Russian_Orthodox_priest_blessing_tank.jpg

Memeing aside, it really is.

That's not even kinda true though, assuming we're talking about the most common usage of the term paladin on Veeky Forums, the dungeons and Dragons Paladin, who is the servant of explicitly polytheist gods. Indeed, most Paladins would likely see Catholicism as an abomination.

Pic related?

Anything really. You have paladins who go full operator but you also have the ones who use stop signs as axes.

You'll know you've seen the latter when they're wearing a great-helm made of "beware of dog" signs, with "dog" crossed off and replaced with "God".

D&D Paladins are directly adapted from the idea of Catholic Paladins, like those appearing in Song of Roland.

Yeah, amen, preaching to the choir brother! My Paladin of Tyr was specifically pre-Vatican II Catholic and he didn't tolerate anything. Like there was this one time some priest of Mystra started to say Holy Mass in the vernacular tongue and he was like, "No heretic. Fucking say the Mass in Latin like God intended when he made the Roman Empire the greatest empire of all time!" and then he chopped all their heads off and burnt down the whole village.

Fucking masses in Italian and Spanish and French and Korean. Can't understand a fucking word they're saying when I'm traveling. At least when it was all in Latin I could go to mass anywhere and not fucking it understand as much as the guy kneeling next to me. Now he knows what's going on and I don't. Try to make me learn his crazyass screeching.

>At least when it was all in Latin I could go to mass anywhere and not fucking it understand as much as the guy kneeling next to me

Because the world needs an RPG where you can play a self-propelled artillery piece.

I really like to imagine them using heavy shit like GPMGs and battle rifles. Hell, just give them MG42s and G3A3s both done up in red and white. Crosses on the stocks, or handguards wrapped with a banner. Just seems so badass and impractical.

Maybe it's because I see the old timey crusaders in my mind as big heavy dudes in clunky armor, even though that was not always the case.

It also wouldn't really be optimal nowadays to wear heavy equipment or use full powered cartridges like .308 or 7.62x54r since 5.56 seems to get the job done just fine while being lighter.

It would be like Thomas the Tank Engine, but your crew dies one day to an air attack, and you have to return to your lines without a driver through SHEER MACHINE SPIRIT WILLPOWER.

Ehhhhhhh....

The only army to fail more or less every single anti insurgency action ever taken on, from Nam to the Stan.

To be fair, at least they learned something useful out of 'nam. Mainly that the age of semi-auto battlerifles was over and that you should maintain your guns regularly if you want to keep them working.

Although they didn't learn the most useful lesson that could've come out of 'nam. Namely, fighting unconventional enemies requires training to fight unconventional enemies, and subtlety is more useful then dropping millions of tons of bombs in a counter-insurgency.

>He's serious

Oh...oh my.

Modern day paladins are actually ISIS. So AK-74 and RPG-7.

You all do realize how much larger the us army is than pretty much everyone else right? You cant give a blanket statement and say our training is the best.
For example, id say our tank crews are most likely better than most of the world because we have the money to actaully train them regularly, and we have a fuckton of them. Even our infantry training varies from unit to unit, a dude stuck in ft bliss his entire career is going to have different training and experience from someone who started in the 82nd then became a batt boy for instance.

I would say in general the us is above average while being the best in some areas.

AND THIS IS WHY /POL/ ISN'T NECESSARY ANYMORE. EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK, THERE THEY FUCKING ARE!

God damn you fuckers are poison.

American doctrine is more anout cool toys that super-training.

when I clicked the thread from the catalog I didn't expect this kind of content
I mean come n

Nothing was off topic.

If you're offended by these obvious comparisons maybe you should try browsing a forum that isn't an anonymous bastion of free speech.

Anyway OP HK416s.

Not enough gas the kikes,race war now to be /pol/ desu senpai.

More like that one person who hogs all the drone strike cards.

Drone operators are probably cheaper to train and equip than grunts.

I think they just like sitting back and hitting buttons. While also being able to see how fucked up the terrorists are.

DEUS VULT

>US military
This has to be bait.

Wait till the burgers wake up and this thread gets thrown into patriotism and full /k/

post yfw it's actually a boy

I's OK if he's pretty

just what I have come to expect of you, Veeky Forums
not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I'm not a pretty boy, so it's not exactly my problem

Pterrieness is a relative term. With enough alcoohol anyone could be considered pretty.

A sword, duh.

Bullets are nothing compared to true blazing Righteousness

No more brutal than shed 17 then.

Sword is a sidearm, not a primary weapon. If you want to deliver blazing righteousness, go grab some manly weapon like a poleaxe.

>any positive depiction of America or its military is /pol/
My friend, I try and keep my /pol/ posting on /pol/, but you are a fucking cuck.

On topic:
>MGSV style ballistic shield
>main weapon of choice (I would go shotgun because you expect paladins to be in close combat
>and a fucking holy avenger to pull out and start stabbing heretics when shot hits the fan

Why aren't there more "modern fantasy" settings that don't take place in the "real" world? The aesthetics of it are fantastic, but too often it comes with the baggage of trying to associate fantasy archetypes of good and evil with real world people and organizations, and well, see this thread for examples of what kind of arguments would come up at the table.

>clearly on topic
>not even a single fucking /pol/ reference, not even a thinly veiled one
>still gets upset

This is either a /pol/ false flag to stir up animosity and resentment for anti-/pol/ users or you seriously need to stop getting fucking triggered. Most of the boards dislike /pol/'s shit and are getting tired of it but this is fucking Veeky Forums. You don't come here and then cry when you get offended - and offended over what too? Knights? Crusaders? These are staples of pen and paper. Have we really reached the point where having a fucking mild discussion on knights is now considered offensive?

11/10, genuine or not, you got a sincere reaction out of me.

Or blackguards.

First day on Veeky Forums?

I'd say they are more chaotic evil clerics. Anyone who argues that ISIS are Paladins is edgy to the fucking max. Isis is evil as shit

No LG character would ever fight an organisation that uses infanticide, sex slavery and slave trade as legitimate institutions. Kek, they don't even limit their brutality to foreigners either, I remember reading that they crucifixed three young teens for watching soccer on the television.

Yeah, totally lawful good behaviour right there

>/pol/

what the fuck are you talking about, this thread's on topic you insufferable autist. If anything, your post garnering all of these (you)'s, including my own, is derailing the thread harder than your /pol/ boogey-man you fucking retard.

I suppose it depends on how you're defining Paladin then. If you mean a champion of God and Justice then I wouldn't really know what to say. I can't think of any real nation that is dominantly Christian or Catholic. If I had to choose anything then I'd probably choose the Americans and their forces, even despite the decreasing prevalence of Christianity in their citizens. Alternatively, if you just mean paladins as in they fight solely for their religion. Then you have the clusterfuck that is the middle east, and in that case it would probably just be outdated arms, like AKs or makeshift IEDs.

Deus Vult.

What if hes going with a two handed sword or a Zweihänder?

No, they're adapted from the order of the christ's poor knights aka templars. They protect the helpless and innocent and manage their own supply chain with private farms to finance each knight with the best gear.
They follow a hierachical system.

The knights in the song of roland are nobles, following their liege as is their vassal vow.

Cinders and ashes, user, that was terrifying. I was thinking of a more noble and uplifting story for Heinz the Howitzer.
How does something like Shed 17 even come into existence? Who looks at a beloved children's show about talking locomotives and decide to remake it with horrible genetic experiments?

>Battle Rifle.
>Side arm.
>Heavy plate carrier w/ballistic helmet and face shield.
>Flash grenades.
>Holy book bound in Kevlar and ballistic plates.

A Zweihänder is literally just a two-handed sword.

youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

Yet it's a rare case of a sword being a primary weapon. You go to battle carrying it on your shoulder like a spear or halberd, and you generally need a sidearm going with it when things come really close or cramped.

US are about average. Many other nations with just as good training.

Only one choice. Remake the Lawgiver irl.
youtu.be/-mnnQfYeCRY?t=1m55s

A rocket-powered hammer