My settting

>My settting
>All planes are indirectly ruled by elves
>Living in floating tower-cities, elves are surrounded by powerty and barbarism of humans, dwarves, goblins ...
>Long ago elves colonized all planes but have withdrawn since, keeping only their Central bank as prime power of "regulating" empoverished worlds
>Even if there are a few competing elven enclaves, they reap the infinite wealth and power from all other known worlds
>Elves are producing pretty much all useful magic items and have strict monopoly on them. Same goes for a few other crucial products
>Natural riches are stripped from other worlds at exploitative prices
>A few dwarven/human nations tried to stand on their own in past centuries, were obliterated by elven armadas "for their own good"
>Elves start as lvl 10, all others can barely reach lvl 5.
>Elves constantly whining of other races migrating in their lands, infecting their pure race
>Everyone is waiting for barbaric humans, dwarves, goblins, to rise from their primitive state and finally adopt elven model
>it never happens

>All planes are indirectly ruled by elves
>Living in floating tower-cities, elves are surrounded by powerty and barbarism of humans, dwarves, goblins ...
Nine Elven when?

Gee, I wonder what this is an allegory for.

You could sell it as a setting where elves are the precursor race, now withdrawn from the world most part and leaving the younger races on their own to rediscver their secrets or smth. I mean that's a pretty standard scifi trope applied to fantasy setting basically.

Fuck elves.

Personally, I'm confused what levels are supposed to be. Education opportunities, maybe?

Underrated

Boring. How about they be invaded by space dragons?

Space dragon's regimes are being propped up by elves. By selling them magical items and by being massive debtlenders, elves have full, even if implicit, control of space dragons.

fpbp

I did this as a setting. Basically everything was like except that it was the dragons in floating tower-cities. Elves? Nearly extinct. Their upstart civilization challenged the dragons, and was destroyed.

Starting wealth, obviously

>keeping only their Central bank as prime power of "regulating" empoverished worlds
How do we solve the elvish question?

Humanity worships a religion of peace the elves brought this on themselves when they wrecked our nations.

I think we have to give them a golden star, don't you agree?

Oy vey gevalt dis annudah nirnaeth arnoediad.

You could always try gitting gud instead of assuming that those better than you are keeping you down.
Talk about a persecution complex, amiright?

What the fuck are you on about autismo?

Heya Schlomo.

>surrounded by powerty

>the other races are now utterly engrossed in martial arts tourneaments
>it doesn't matter that their power level goes above any elven potential, non-elves live only to one-up each other in feats of power
>in the meanwhile, the weak elves polish their magical artifacts and work to maintain a balance of power among the other races, so that they will never fall in line behind the strongest one and rebel against their elvish rulers