Jurassic Park -Site B

Hi, Thoughts on running a Jurassic Park game?
Have you guys ever done in? plan to?

I´m thinking of DM something along the lines of Colonial Marines (aliens) or Vietnam/Predator horror game but i cant seem to find the right feel for it, mostly due to writers block

Thoughts and general discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uqimhQ6QPp0&index=1&list=PLq_BUUegR59fX_oqLP_DregJzKxwUPEve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>but i cant seem to find the right feel for it, mostly due to writers block
not much to really add, other than dinosaurs are cool and games focusing on them are also cool

True, My idea was to introduce the players through a series of small adventures, Steal experimental Tranqulizers from a lab. Or military hardware and so on. Not really giving them a clue about dino´s untill they are allready on the island

I'd suggest Gurps honestly for the rules or possibly Delta Green oddly enough.

>people bitched that dino crisis was just resident evil with dinosaurs

What the fuck was wrong with people back then? Resident Evil with dinosaurs was a great idea, plus DC managed to predict what RE would end up becoming.

Op here.
I would actually be happy for remake Dino Crisis like they did with RE1 for gamecube.

but hey, we gotta complain about something right?

Those are cool pics, user, where's you get them?

>riding the JP vibe, make everything dangerous in its own way. Compys in the books had a sort of sedative/paralyzing agent in their bile. The weakest thing on the island is perfectly capable of killing a person if theirs enough of them

>have your players out to grab samples maybe. Have them in go somewhere, turns out they're missing or certain ones are missing, so now you have to extract samples from still living things.

>there were chameleon Dino's in the second book. Chrighton or wtf his name was did a fantastic job with the set up to their reveal. Party was getting chased, ran into an area, and suddenly the large Dino chasing them turned around and was like "yeah no fuck that I'm not going in there". What would make something that big avoid the area?

>don't forget when the players are riding around in the jeeps that they have to shoot a bronch in the anus or get shit on.

that sounds good

I definitely feel OP should got more for a Lost World vibe than a Jurassic Park one.

In the Lost World book, Crichton does such a wonderful job of describing the desolation of the place. Ingen's (metaphorical) bones are everywhere on Isla Sorna. Buildings and labs long since abandoned and lost to the elements.

It's a good setting for a game focused one exploration and survival instead of just killing monsters.

op here. Deviantart
various google searches for stuff like. Jurassic park, Concept art and so on

OP here, yes im thinking about decking them out with lots of gear, allmost spend a session around getting them ready, my idea about is that InGen is sending these guys in below the radar. If i remember the book the US.Coast guard has the islands under quarantine?

So im thinking about having them use a tropical storm to hide their aproach to the island. and having the ship and/or Plane crash due to the storm, hence making them loose most of the big guns, so they have to rely on stealth.
(might let them role a dice for "important" gear just so they dont blame the GM too much for grabbing their toys. And introduce an element of chance to get them on their edge. As well as mine, forcing me to adapt my encounters depending on what survives the crash

Yes the cameleon dinosaurs are excellent ideas

>the US.Coast guard has the islands under quarantine?

I think Jurassic Park says the Navy locks down Isla Nublar while they carpet bomb it.

IIRC no one in the books actually knew about Site B, not even the military. The Lost World brings up how Malcolm and Levine spent several years combing through InGen records looking for it, and it starts with Levine finding it and jumping the gun. When the rest of the party arrives on the island, Malcolm is intrigued about how Hammond basically had a secret assembly line to offset the high failure rates in their cloning process.

yeah now i remember it, they cover up the bombing with some story about super potent anthrax or something... i think, haha, i might be confusing that last one with another story. it has to be 10 years since i read the books

Yeah been awhile for me as well.

I know Lost World ends with Malcolm and Thorne realized the dinosaurs are all going to die out from prions or something

Op here.

I usually involve my players outside of the game table, i have them write reports or contact them via letters and what not because we think it adds to the experience.

so i have put together a document im gonna post every person in my group and then have them meet up at a diner of my choice when we can find the time for it. God bless old LARP nerds

The most haunting passage in the Lost World was when they come up on the raptor nests and it becomes clear that these monsters are all hopelessly insane because they never had anyone to teach them how to be dinosaurs and Hammond just sat and let this wound fester as each generation just went more and more mad.

Here little something that you might find interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=uqimhQ6QPp0&index=1&list=PLq_BUUegR59fX_oqLP_DregJzKxwUPEve

It tied in really well with the first book, where Wu pressures Hammond to let him make the raptors more docile.

See, that's where Wu was wrong. The problem was never in the DNA of the raptors. The problem was that they threw a bunch of social animals out into the world and expected them to just know what to do. Then when those animals started acting unreasonably aggressive they just assumed that's the way raptors act instead of thinking about why they would act that way.

To be fair it was Hammond's mistake to not let Wu make a new patch of creatures that would had been slower, more docile and more inline with what public thought that dinosaurs were like. It is not like they're getting real dinosaurs anyway so why not alter them to be safer and easier to handle?

This, really. Wu knew the animals were unpredictable so he wanted to make them more predictable. Hammond didn't want to hear it. Mostly because of budget concerns. Which I guess makes sense from a business standpoint. The park was nearly open; why cull their entire showroom and start all over now?

I guess nobody else played the arcade game :(

I did, but skeet-shooting Apatosaurus turds was stupid and I prefer to forget about it.

Yeah they sort of were full of odd designs, that one being the strangest. Some scat fetishist on the design team or something.