/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

brainlet edition
Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/article/4130874-amyris-solves-cash-woes-dsm-deal-track-2019-profitability
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

$10~ seems like a decent price for this AMD stuff, if anybody wants to swing it. Personally this fucking stock has burned me enough times for me to want to remove it from my fucking watch list, but seems like it's got some support here.

Good support for AMD near $0.

You think this gap is going to continue more downward action? Oh yeah they were fucking the consumers weren't they. Get some long puts on these fuckers.

I prefer zero resistance investments, anyway.

RAD?

Who got shkreli-ed and is bagholding ONCE ?

here we go!

Energy drinks baby! FET ftw!

>Debt to equity ratio: 9.74

Good luck.

XXII starting its move

Amrs

What's a fresh meme to look at? I've tried to do this before, where I look at a new chart and try to make a strategy for buying and selling.

>Entire market is in the green
>"My stock is up, guys!"

Shut the fuck up. Stop ruining these threads

Let's go RAD? Sold AMRS for this.

I'm talking about more than just today famalam

Selling something awesome to buy a company that's got more room to fall? Are you a masochist or something user?

IDXG

Thanks for the heads up user, this was a good tip

PXS is about to hit it’s support

This meme looks like shit, do we need to go over dilution again?

>Up 10% on Friday
>"Normal market behavior"

I'm fucking done with AMD. Would rather buy 1000 stocks of NVDA before I even begin to think about AMD again

Sell a spread baby!

Buy high sell low

what's more likely, RAD going out of business or being bought?

yes

PXS bros

Robinhood nearly killed me today. Logged in to see -$5k for the day and almost had a heart attack. Now it's just oscillating between -$5k and +5k.
Is it shitting out for anyone else or was this a targeted assassination attempt by the robinhood dev team?

Same here. It keeps jumping from 125 to 140 then down to 111. Glad to know that it’s not just me

Someone short UNIT, I want some more.

Hope you didn't sell AMRS last week, exploding today. That's what happens when you listen to biz

Exploding how? It jumped up like .10 USD

way ahead of you

Quality math.

You got a lot of people trapped at like 6 and 7 dollars or higher. I don't see this thing running past those resistances soon, but if you can get in for like 4.50 4.25, you might be able to make some money on it.

TO THE MOOOOOOOOOON

Am I missing something?

It's like the NYC Port Authority!

Got a bundle of them at 4.85 last week. It’s not a huge profit, but it is significant

If you're not in XXII Rn you're missing out

Is no one going to talk about the fed meeting announcing rate hike tomorrow or the next day?

Nice one

No they can't raise the rates, if they do that, we're just going to take all our capital and move it into these crypto-currencies and trade equities with bitcoin!

"Let's raise this shit, YEAH BOIII" - Janet Yellen, probably

My account value on robinhood is jumping up and down $1000 for no reason. Anyone experience a bug like this before? Afraid to enter a new position if I am going to get margin called due to a fucking bug in the app.

>Buying at daily high

No thanks

priced in the fed is so scared of the markets they telegraph any move 3 years in advance

Like an hour after market opens and its the daily high? Yeah ok

Who here /TSX/?

AMRS!

AMRS nay sayers getting BTFO!

What stock should I buy today to increase my stack in 7 days? I’m newbie only traded cryptos

XXII
DXR hold 2 months
DRYS
DXTR
NMM

AMD or DRYS

Ok cool I’ll check these out thanks

why? are you afraid your 1d coins fall apart?

Jokes aside I want to fucking thank the guys who brought AMRS up and who argued it's merrits

I'm the one who said they'd be buying 16k worth with the dip on Friday.

Not at all no coiner faggot, looking to diversify and increase my gains is all

good luck then.

Ty

BTL and RHT on the tsx venture

Two small cap stocks that have gigantic upside in the near term.

to the user who got me to sell my AMRS last week... WTF.. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

why I got weak hands?? FML, no wonder i keep losing $.

I need a happy version of this image for me rn.

Why did you post that?!? We're going to get fucked now.

I think it has a smug pepe wearing the hate, last I saw was an Nvidia one.

so how do i determine entries? is TA a meme? as far as i can tell there is literally no way to consistently make money aside from insider info

What the fuck is new with amrs? All my shit has no fresh news since November and all of a sudden they launch a mission to space?!?!?

I don't know man, they were trying to create FUD to get you to give them your bags for less money. This company is worth a good 5.50 6 bucks next year.

Hope all you AMRS holders take gains soon, this SA article won't prop it up long without earnings or PR straight from company.

Every spike will be met with a sell off..

Meme lines dude. I told you all last week this thing had buy written all over it.

I'm still with some of these other fags, going long with this one.

Good morning /rgt/. Managed to pick up some Future Farm Tech stock at a nice discount right around support level (0.45) just now. I've been watching Inmed Pharmaceuticals the past couple days as it is overbought and, i think, headed for correction. Up 18% (1.07) last i checked. Thinking it should dip to low 80's/high 70's this week. Another pharma startup, Supreme Pharma (FIRE) is flat coming off a brief high last week. Watching that one very closely to see wtf it's going to do. If it dips significantly i am throwing 20% of my portfolio at it.

All of my other stuff is holding flat or up some so overall looking good.

Yep. All of my current stocks are on the tsx or the venture exchange.

>Meme lines dude. I told you all last week this thing had buy written all over it.
yeah because you knew an SA article would come out over the weekend.

There are no real big buyers in it, only retail, check out the trade sizes.

My meme lines predict binary events all the fucking time dude!

Just eyeball the monthly and weekly charts. Look for the resistance level (peak the stock has difficulty breaking above) and support level (general price it settles to after dropping). When price is near or at or below support, double check RSI to confirm the number is low, preferably under 30, and if it is then you enter right there.

Support, resistance, and trend over a couple weeks or a month+, whether trending up, down, or flat, are the main things you should be watching out for.

I’ve been watching these meme stocks long enough to know that these hype trains very often stop at open then crash.

XXII is also prime backholder stock

>up 10% Friday
>up 5% today
>returning from 2.08 since dipping at 3.50
Ok whatever

i want to short amd but im scared. everyone always says how scary shorting things is. but i know as a company they are absolutely fucked. and when was the last time they bounced up anyways?

fuck it. im shorting em

>Dipping

It crashes because it’s a shit company lmao. Keep looking at numbers, and stock history without looking at why those numbers are the way they are. I’m sure it will work out for you.

You should buy the DRYS dip. Look at what that stock was a year ago!

I don't know man, what if they re-brand them selves as a block chain service provider? They'll go to the moon. Nah, who am I kidding, their products are inferior, but seriously if they re-brand tomorrow as a block chain company they'll moon like 50% and your going to have to eat your shorts.

I'm thinking of doing a bull put spread on them, and if the trade goes south, I'll just rebuy the short position and hopefully make something on the long put.

>21% increase in a week
>the numbers don't matter!
How about giving me real objective reasons why you don't think it's good

Fibonacci lines

yeah im gonna wait for them to "rally" then short em. and your right with my luck, they would become a magical blockchain stock overnight and make me pay for everyone elses lambos

Wew premature screen cap, more like 2k now

This AMRS moon mission is going to pay for this Saturday's cocaine binge. I fucking love this shit.

It’s consistently below its EPS, it dropped like 80% in October. It’s extremely volatile, and today especially the volume is low which means it won’t moon anytime soon

so you are cashing out this week? You aren't holding till 2019?

I'm still up :^)

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Everyone look at this.
The entire DD argument last week over AMRS and this article gets posted yesterday.

All of Veeky Forums needs to come together and make this stock fucking fly.
If we got even close to on the same page we'd be ricc

seekingalpha.com/article/4130874-amyris-solves-cash-woes-dsm-deal-track-2019-profitability

When are you selling AMRS? Where is resistance

short interest isn't even that high.

O/S count went from 42m to over 43m over the weekend. Dilution.

No offense guys, I wouldn't sell amrs for the next 2 years for double my investment right now.
This is getting into Microsoft early.

>This is getting into Microsoft early.

ill scalp it
thats the best i can give you

Who's the asshole that shilled RICK?

I don't understand the AMRS meme. Is it like the DRYS meme?

MORTY HEY MORTY I TURNED MY SELF INTO A BAG MORTY