WHY IOTA IS SHIT

I want to know everything thats wrong with IOTA and do these flaws justify the existence of some IOTA altcoin. Is IOTA good enough to hold its place or does it have the same prospects as Bitcoin and will it at some point be replaced by a better altcoin.

Other urls found in this thread:

db.com/newsroom_news/cio_insights_reflections_-_cryptocurrencies_and_blockchains_-_EMEA_-_client_ready.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's in Alpha and has flaws that are not going to be fixed for another 6-12 months or so. That's literally all that's wrong with it.

IOTA is the best coin out there, wait for devs to fix wallet / transaction / spam issues

Don't listen to the kuffars, IOTA is going to الْقَمَرْ.

Iota is bad coin if you care about freedom / tech, iota is good coin if you care about gains

> Iota is bad coin if you care about freedom / tech, iota is good coin if you care about gains

> bad coin if you care about tech

Why so ??? Because it's in alpha ?

>WHY IOTA IS SHIT
imagine op's ugly fuckface once the great flippening goes down

All my IOTA is in Bitfinex and I can't take them out to buy XRB because I can't withdraw for anything worth less than 250$
I'm going to miss the XRB train because of this

have you heard about this invention called litecoin?

I care about tech.

I also care about freedom but only as much as I think other people with money care about freedom

There many be a lot of short term mooning from hype but in the long run (years) every speculative pyramid will run out of idiots and new money to blow up the bubble even further. And then all prices fall back to the actuall value of the tech.

So is IOTA shitty tech?

CANT
CASH

Deutsche Bank's summary of cryptocurrency. IOTA is highly regarded.

db.com/newsroom_news/cio_insights_reflections_-_cryptocurrencies_and_blockchains_-_EMEA_-_client_ready.pdf

Research Byteball

buy this, were iota has stolen the tech from

A shitcoin, just bigger pile of shit presented at icecream.

Research Byteball, RaiBlocks, or future HashGraph based coins.

why is it shit

No they promised all fixed 2 years ago but zero progress with anything. They literally live off pr and doesn't deserve spot 3

>promises in software
You probably believed that windows vista would be good when they promised it

IOTA is fundamentally broken.
It's a PoW crypto that uses a DAG.

What PoW means in practice is that cost spent on mining = security. Ie. $100 fees per hour? Spend >$100 (in energy used for mining) to rewind these transactions.

The reason PoW currencies currently work is because cost is shared among every owner due to inflation - with it, total cost per tx in bitcoin is $124 at the moment. Iota is economically exactly like Bitcoin without any block reward, which requires every transaction to pay a very high fee (in energy used for mining) for a reasonable security.
Firstly, it requires every iota sender to be _able_ to do that - which means high-speed hardware capable of mining and access to required energy. A premise fundamentally incompatible with light IoT devices.
Secondly, the fee market doesn't work due to the free rider problem. Everyone is going to use low fees (=low PoW expenditure) hoping that a high-fee transaction confirms it, or lots of other low-fee tranactions. Which means no high-fee transactions, which means no security at all.

In addition to trivial reorg it's trivial to spam for the same reason - a spammer can just create graph of transactions that confirm themselves, increasing at a very past pace and ignoring all external transactions, essentially shutting down the network.
Some people are under the mistaken belief that's not possible to spam because you have to confirm two other transactions per transaction, but that's wrong - if it wasn't possible to confirm your own transactions the network would grind to a total halt. If _every_ transaction has to confirm _two_ transactions, where do these _two_ transactions come from? The only option is to allow the same transaction to be confirmed several times, and they can all belong to the spammer.

That's why there's a coordinator. It's never going away.
However even with a coordinator there's no way to fix the spam problem except by making iota even more centralized and introducing trusted nodes.

IOTA 100 USD eoy 2018

The devs decided a meme ternary number basis made sense (protip: just no) and used a custom crypto solution that was proven to be full of holes. The network dies if the centralized authority dies. There is no guarantee, theoretical or practical, on transfer or confirmation time (sometimes it's less than a minute, sometimes it's weeks). The devs say you should just resend the transaction to other peers to "fix this". It's also very slow, at only 500tx/s whereas other dag coins can reach 7000tx/s easily.
Also the devs are pro-rapefugee and want to use the coin to that end instead of something productive.

Im a partisan so I cant support iota. hopefully this niggercoin fails and refugees are driven into the sea