MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Shittier Yawgmoth's Bargain edition

Previous thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Thread topic: What's your favorite niche card that should be better than it is?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prodigy-of-the-firemind/
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/151320822218/todays-my-birthday-so-i-guess-its-time-to-cash
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/unlimited-powered-hedgehog/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dax_tnZRExc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Desecration Demon is best demon.

I got two decks, my Competitive and my Casual Deck, and just wondering what everyone's opinions of them are...

>Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prodigy-of-the-firemind/
>Tajic, Blade of the Legion
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/legion-of-heaven-2/

Tajic is a strange choice for a competitive brew, but if you can win reliably, more power to you.
Mizzet however should probably be tuned down for casual play. You want people to have fun.

>tajic is the competitive one
>mizzet is the casual one
I thought it was the other way around? But, then again, I'm more of a gruul golgari guy, so I guess my evaluation skills aren't up to snuff.

Please, step aside

Its the other way around.

I know I can make Niv WAY more consistent, but Id rather not get hated out of every EDH group at my LGS. ITs already back enough when I get 5+ extra turns.

He's joking, dudes.

I don't think so? I run Mazirek, and I wouldn't play that guy. Does he do something spicy I don't know about? Maybe with that edict ogre he'd be neat, or with some esper flicker nonsense, but I like my demons a little more... indulgent.

>oh fuck, new general already

I went with the launch art. Tromokratis is actually slowly approaching pimped status, so it was a natural fit. It was stupid because I hadn't actually playtested anything before I started, but when I tuned the deck and kept having fuckloads of fun with it, win or lose, I realized I'd dodged a bullet and didn't accidentally pick a deck I'd hate.

Pretty sure user was joking.

To be fair, collective defiance isn't bad. I have a few copies, and I was pleasantly surprised with how well it works.

I know, we've been blitzing through threads over the last couple days

I like the mono blue legendary demon more

>mono blue legendary demon
Fuck you, you made me look

TSABO TAVOC IS CUTE!
CUTE!

Good taste user. I want to run her, but can't seem to find one.

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/151320822218/todays-my-birthday-so-i-guess-its-time-to-cash
>loverofbarrels asked: Today's my birthday so I guess it's time to cash in ahaha. May I have some trivia on my favorite card from Kaladesh, Panharmonicon?

>Mark Rosewater: It had a design name like Whatchamacallit. I designed it in a session where I was trying to make a whole bunch of Johnny/Jenny artifact cards. Happy Birthday!

Who's Jenny? What was wrong with just the original three player profiles?

Thinly veiled bait to encourage shitposting. Make your own thread, /edh/ is a nice place and there is no way this discussion ends positively.

"Aah, you were at my side all along."

Don't be a misogynist user. More girls play Mtg than boys.

Johnny /Jenny
Timmy/Tammy
Spike can be either

Vorhos can be either
Melvin/mel

She's truly the best phyrexian.
I used to run her and have a memorial on my deckbox of all the legendary creatures she's killed

Sorry. I'll ask the Standard thread. I guess KLD isn't anything to do with EDH anyway.

What?

Post Your Lists

They really should have errata'd him not to be legendary. Originally he had to be a Legend but now he should have the same types as changelings.

He's the least played aetherborn legendary I've seen

Is this interactive useful?
What can do you with infinite energy?

I guess you could use a top-of-library tutor to grab Bitter Ordeal and cast it for free with Reservoir. Otherwise it doesn't seem particularly useful.

*Aetherworks Marvel, not Reservoir

Anyone have experience with Mirrorwind Dragon or Zada in Shu Yun lists? I run very few creatures, but they can shit out tokens, so I dunno if they'll work really well.

Link your non-shit RW lists, I need some inspiration senpaitachi.

>non-shit RW lists

user...

>inb4 that Magical Realm-tier Kalemne list

Posting this will attract a certain user which will then lead to butt-blasted arguments

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/

It's saved to my computer now.

Are you guys not getting that you can cast every nonland card in your deck with this combo?

The real issue is that the aether works marvel is a bad card outside the combo, but so is bitter ordeal to be fair

You have to have a way to untap the Marvel for each activation. Sure you could do the Alchemist Bracers combo but at that point the game is over anyway

Also my list that runs this combo

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/unlimited-powered-hedgehog/

Oh boy here we go

>Nearly two grand on that garbage

kek

Oh, is this the really bad $$ deck I keep hearing about?
It doesn't look anything too special. Seems like it could be stronger if it was Zurgo, The wraths would be better anyway.

to be fair, tapped out has a history of incorrectly listing card prices. Look at jitte. They're using the original foil printing price for the judge promo, which is only like 40 bucks

Yup, dude just has a giantess femdom fetish or some shit

Oh good point, yeah nvm, combo doesn't even work really

completely off base

youtube.com/watch?v=Dax_tnZRExc

>Monty Python

wew lad

I think he was talking about why it Kalemne and not a better commander like Aurelia or Zurgo.

Why not just pay for an altered art Zurgo depicting a female giant? No sense in excluding a card for flavor reasons when you can just reflavor it.

I didn't get the deck because she was a female giant

I got her because I wanted the two white decks from the set and all my fag friends were playing meren or ezuri

You don't understand how mentally ill people behave.