If the USD value of alts rises and falls with Bitcoin then why not just exclusively buy Bitcoin dips and swear off alts...

If the USD value of alts rises and falls with Bitcoin then why not just exclusively buy Bitcoin dips and swear off alts altogether?

lol

Because even though Bitcoin's price is increasing people invest in better tech in hopes that the superior tech will eventually "win". Bitcoin is broken and will never work as "intended".

Bitcoin doesn't have a long term future desu. LN will only delay the collapse as it doesn't deliver on everyone's hopes and dreams. It also has nothing to do with blockchain or bitcoin so its fake and gay.

but shouldn't getting rich all what should matter anyway?

and btc sure works for that

The idea is that holding good alts long term could result in an ETH-like meteoric rise.

Most alts aren't intended to replace Bitcoin, they do things Bitcoin CAN'T do now.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I haven't taken my whole stack out of bitcoin. In fact I'm still a little more than half in, just for profit. But as a use case for cash (its intended purpose) it falls completely fucking flat. It may take a while for the market to realize this, but it will eventually.

There is no reason for "digital gold". I'm not saying a digital asset can't rise in value and be horded in the same fashion, but the fees and transaction times don't solidify its role as digital gold, that's utter nonsense.

>why not just exclusively buy Bitcoin dips and swear off alts altogether?
deluded hope / greed / gambling

That's why we buy skycoin

What baffles me after all of this is futures bisimess is how just out of touch (((Wall Street))) has become with the internet these days.

You think they'd understand the potential that so many of these Alts have, they would be jumping on board that train, not just releasing BtC futures. Makes no sense to me.

because alts are cheaper and therefore have the possibility of expenentially increasing %

>Most alts aren't intended to replace Bitcoin, they do things Bitcoin CAN'T do now.

I really appreciate this and I'll use them when I need to by taking a tiny piece of btc and exchanging it for those coins.

It feels no different from any other tech startup though. The same VCs and angel investors are funding crypto as were funding stuff like uber. Wall Street probably just doesn't mind waiting. Most alts are smaller than microcap stocks. Like penny stocks the vast majority aren't going anywhere.

because if your alts are going up, and bitcoin is also steadily rising, then thats how you get MAX gains my friend

They are aware and are doing their thing in the shadows. Whoever thinks WS is just old faggots trading on analog tickers is retarded. They will milk crypto and continue to be the masters of money no matter how many decentralized shitcoins we mint.

if had only invested in btc I would have like 130k right now
instead I have under 30k

same reason people dont exclusively buy gold, or more recently barrels of crude oil.
but btc will become the new denomination once stabilized. its the new gold.

Like anything that's not $50 2 hour transactions?

Because a 20% bitcoin pump = a 2x shitcoin pump.

C'mon, user.

alts implement new technology that some other coin can build on and then replace them. it's a never ending cycle of various blockchain tech that will have additional utility. that's great, but there's one thing that bitcoin has that no one else can EVER have. that's the difference, brainlets

The advantage of being first? Because that's always the case with a new protocol and it's fucking lame.

because everybody who isn't a full retard doesn't trust BTC at this point and doesn't buy something for 17k that wasn't even 1k a year ago. especially not before a correction.

Idiots who do are just addicted gamblers who will get burned like motherfuckers sooner or later.

>dont buy this overpriced coin
>but do buy alts

A lot of you fags in Veeky Forums mention Binance as the platform or a platform that you use for crypto...I have noticed that their prices are noticeably lower vs gdax and coinbase and probably some others if I took the time to check other exchanges out. My question is why do you all use Binance if they are valuing the crypto lower than these other exchanges? If you buy shit coins does it benefit you when you buy back into ETH or BTC at their cheaper valuation? That is the only thing that would make sense to me.

Right now buying alts (from BTC) would be a decent move. Wait for them to go green while they semi correct then jump back into BTC.

Or do that 20 minutes ago anyway, maybe too late.

Bittrex is a lot better than Binance other than not having really new coins desu.

Do they require you send all type of ID and personal information to register like coinbase?

To register no, but if you want to withdraw anything you need some kind of verification. You're not going to really find anyone that doesn't, though surprisingly Binance seems to be ok with it if you're not pulling out anything significant.

Thanks for the feedback.

First mover advantage starts to matter less as more people understand the technology.