The more I read about different crypto-currencies, the more I realize Monero has no alternative, no match...

The more I read about different crypto-currencies, the more I realize Monero has no alternative, no match, no currency that comes even close to being usable.

It's an FBI/Government magnet, you think they let this slide ?

The more *I* read about cryptocurrencies the more I think about how big finance is going to try and fuck these things since they're so hard to co-opt.

The only thing I hate about Monero is the only way to check the final balance of a cold wallet is to make it hot. Unless you want to take a 1000 autistic steps to get it done. I understand its a security feature, but its still really off putting from a buy and hold stance. Still love the coin though.

all governments can do about Monero, is suck its dick.

Currently in this process of being verified at kraken.

It's a magnet but they can't do much with it besides watch people buy it if they track their Bitcoin/Litecoin/etc. transactions. From there they could then challenge them if they come out on the other side with more Bitcoin or any illegal goods, but it's pretty much a black box on the chain.

>1000 autistic steps

Sorry they don't have babbys first ios wallet you fucking dirty normie

It would be easier to buy if it was a honeypot

>tfw on several watchlists after withdrawing 8k worth of XMR from exchanges

Are you shitting me? Do tell, how does one conveniently check the final balance of their XMR cold storage.

As a holder of a large amount of XMR in cold storage, you're correct. It's a pain in the fucking ass to check your balance. I got paranoid one night and had to create a hot wallet to do it, oh well. I left it in there, it should still be cold enough. I'm not going through the pains of setting up another one.

This. Mknero is great and all but the scanning is so fucking annoying. Shit takes forever and has to be done every time. Wish they would fix that shit.

Just remember how much you deposit every time. Then get your TI-30XA out, input the number, hit the "STO" button, then hit the "1" key. When you have to add to it, hit RCL and then 1, and shazam! There's your balance

where do i type that in on coinbase?

You need one of these

Same thing here OP. Monero literaly has no alternative. The price will hit 1-2k this year FOR SURE.. and with the way the market explodes even more.

I got lucky on the iota pump and I'm thinking about cashing out for 75%monero and 25% eth. Thoughts? I'll post moar

You shouldn't have to rebuild the entire blockchain every time, just a quick sync up if you haven't connected for a few days.

I agree that the first sync is fucking ludicrous though. I think you can use trusted nodes to download it faster but I couldn't be bothered to figure it out. I have about 80% of my crypto in Monero and plan on leaving it there. I'm kinda mad that I'm missing all of these bitcoin gains but I think XMR will come through in 2018.

Genuine storytime:

I walked through the streets of the city with an FBI cyber crime special agent after posing a question to him after a presentation he gave at my workplace.

"Are there any initiatives the fbi is taking to address alternative cryptocurrencies, especially those with enhanced privacy features such as monero?"

We ended up talking about crypto for a good 20 min while we walked together. He had a huge interest in it and was willing to share a lot of how the fbi is reacting to these new technologies and his own personal perspectives regarding the likelihood of regulation. He even speculated on the near future of bitcoin price wise.

Anyway, regarding monero, he said that for right now and the foreseeable future the focus is bitcoin because that's what they see during investigations.

Based on our conversation, ,I personally speculate that monero will have a massive edge on the FBI and other similar organizations unless they take steps to start adapting now..

They can ban btc, but not xmr directly.

>telling the Fbi to look into monero

Nice one dickhead

>tfw using BTC as a shield against the feds while baby XMR grows

I'll post a dedicated thread about it tomorrow night I'm too tired to do it right now.

There are a lot of reasons to assume this. People dodging taxes, illicit commerce, or just hiding shit from your ex wife.

ah the new iphone, thanks hopefully i figure this out so i can invest in the MoneroBitcoin like you cool guys