It's funny how everyone here, including myself, is hodling...

It's funny how everyone here, including myself, is hodling, expecting big gains if we're just patient and reasonably diversified, but somehow we all know that this shit is going to crash hard and that it's probably going to happen in the next year or two.

I've really just started hoping to make 10x gains by Q2 2018 and get the hell out with most of my funds and then leaving the rest just in case.

Explain to me why hodling for 1-2 years is seriously a viable strategy for anyone but the very few who bet on the very few coins that might actually have a place in the future. And it's gotta be the coins/tokens, not just the project by itself that survives and succeedes.

Coinbase coins are safe hold.
Shitcoins shouldnt be hold though.

get ready to cash out when the market hits...

But there will certainly be a big crash for bitcoin at some point, which will take ethereum, litecoin, etc. with it. Of course bitcoin's position might be overtaken by another coin, but I just find it hard to believe that the market will not correct at some point and become stuck at much lower valuations. I'm even worried about making it till Q2 2018.

Of course if it happens I know not to panic sell, but I still doubt that the market will catch up to the same pace again.

Yeah, I know, but I'll have to go do most of it through an atm, my bank won't take crypto money.

Also, if the market really crashes, I think some exchanges might be hard to withdraw from and some might fuck us over.

bump

I can't see BTC going below 10k again. Too mainstream at this point. And even if it did there would be an immediate upswing because people would be scooping it up like crazy.

That's until the snowball starts rolling and panic starts to set in

Bitcoin crashing is a meme. It's not going to happen.

There are a very limited number of Bitcoins in the world, and they have a well-established perception of value. If BTC actually "crashed," you'd have the biggest coin grab in history. Then, as always, the price will go even higher than it was a week earlier.

This isn't 2013 anymore. BTC is mainstream and has literal millionaires and billionaires accumulating it.

Yeah, accumulating in order to dump it.

I know we're all tired of comparisons to other bubbles, but I guess millionaires and billionaires were accumulating during the dotcom bubble as well

Panic starts around 14. Gets to 10 and shakes out the last of the loose hands. After that its bargain time.
But its mainstream now. It isn't something from the mysterious deep web brewed up in some hackers basement. People's grandparents now know how to open a coinbase account.

>Panic starts around 14. Gets to 10 and shakes out the last of the loose hands. After that its bargain time.

Quite optimistic to assume that this recent dip was the worst that we'll see.

>But its mainstream now. It isn't something from the mysterious deep web brewed up in some hackers basement. People's grandparents now know how to open a coinbase account.

The same could probably be said about thousands of other projects (or markets) which crashed

The audacity of you fucking retards. You come here sharing tips and analysis of crypto, when it's just a roll of the fucking dice. You're like a sad old booze hound that thinks he's got a great method for winning the coin slots. You all think you're Jordan Belfort. If you weren't £1000 deep in crypto by 2014 you're a fucking victim. If you haven't already lost most of your money, you're going to at one point. Even the photos you post of your "14k portfolio", you're not kidding anyone. Spend 10k, up 4k one day, down 4k the next. This should not be a business and finance thread it should be a help thread for problem gamblers. You're fucking pathetic. You're lazy. You have nothing going in in life. That's why you choose crypto currency. You're all too lazy to invest in real business ventures. Take me for example, a real entrepreneur. I've been buying and selling cars since I was 17. It's paid my bills for 6 years. Just this morning I bought a "spares or repairs" listing for £150. Got it running after a quick reference of the hanes manual and an hour on YouTube. Same car, similar age and millage are selling for £4500 on autotrader. Night just sell it for £4000, for a quick sale. Even if I buy a car that is truly fucked, it still has scrap value, real physical value. What do you have? Nothing. Ive also put the deposit on a car that cost 3300 but will sell for 5000 easily. And all that took was 15 mins looking for a good deal. Last year I used only £8000 to buy my uncle a van and tolls for his landscaping business, for which I'm getting £1200 per month cash for zero effort. No sleepless nights. No spending hours each day following trends (100% pointless task) and now I'm looking to buy a small piece of low grade land for forestry operations. You idiots really have no idea about business or finance. I hope bitcoin crashes to 1k most of you fucking hang yourself. Worthless posers.

Jordan Belfort is a recovered drug addict who ran a boiler room and got arrested by the feds.
All I did was figure out how to open a coinbase account and spent $350 a few years back.
Also this is great pasta.

>but I guess millionaires and billionaires were accumulating during the dotcom bubble as well

The 1990s were a completely different world from today. Many people, especially people from non-whites countries, didn't even have the Internet back then.

Now everyone is online and even people from war-torn countries can buy cryptocurrencies. A comparatively unlimited amount of wealth can (and is) pouring into crypto without concern for national borders. It's unprecedented.

But, still, I don't think that is an argument for this not crashing

>bitcoin crashing
>eth will be negatively impacted
maybe momentarily, people will buy into eth massively if btc dropped 40%

lol nocoiner is mass he missed out on 4200% gains this year.

I wouldn't give a shit if my coins even went -66% tommorow, as I'd still be up massively.

I don't see it. Not dropping back to pre 1k levels. And really not ever dropping and staying below 10k. Its just too different of an animal.

Or maybe they'd just run away...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

nocoiners cope!

go work on your cat faggot.