>Question of the day
Is 24/7 combo really fun?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/16/c41672be-a776-443a-8e35-49a3f581f603/adn_tournament_regulations_v113_text_version.pdf

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
eriktwicereviews.com/tag/netrunner/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace the spaces by dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play netrunner online (replace the spaces by dots):
Jinteki net

Check out user's amazing work at 1d4chan!
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Other urls found in this thread:

thesatelliteuplink.blogspot.my/2014/02/shields-up-understanding-ice.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Mercur
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is 24/7 combo really fun?

As much as I love myself some combos I wouldn't play them 24/7 for sure...

Any bets on which decks are going to win Worlds?

Also, hedge funds everywhere.

>hedge funds

Ah, sheeet someone's added to the 1d4chan and added a ton of links - thanks user, I'm liking what I see

user is doing APEX work!

Also, it would be awesome if FFG (or the artist) releases the full version of AA Hedge as wallpaper.

Maybe? Nothing interesting to do with it in Weyland atleast, other than using it in Titan and on a High Risk Investment. Gain 3x the Runner's credits is pretty good, might make a good Sandburg deck.

Finally got my Escalation pack yesterday, time to see if Obelus' draw can be a rival for Desperado in Crim. Just worried I don't have enough economy going, even though I'm fairly certain I half my cards are econ.

Here's the insert for anybody interested, pretty short this time. Guess the guy is the one from Enforcing Loyalty? Maybe not.

Thanks for that. Will read later today as soon as I get the time.

Niiice

Okay, looking through the edits I have noticed one thing - how much should it refer back to Original Netrunner?

The main bits that got deleted in the new edit is stuff that's basically irrelevant if you know ONR - but as it is, if you're new it requires you to read the page about a dead game to know what the fuck is going on

It was irking me a little bit. Any reference to the old Netrunner should be in its own section "Comparison with the old Netrunner", also that reference to poison counters in Magic? Why? That's an interesting piece of trivia, but has no place in explaining the rules of the game.

Yeah, it does have a "what's the same/different" section (as it did before), but the comparisons aren't confined to that.

There's also a couple of other Magic references which might need dealing with - though some terminology like Mill and Tutor have become really embedded in netrunner

Also 'correcting' US/UK spelling is petty and could go on all day - there's a reason it's frowned upon on most wikis.
I'm not going to change it back, but I'm just saying

>'Just another samurai'
>behaves like dishonorable dirty ninja
>also a gurl

Who knows what her master wants to do with that NBN fella.

Is there any way to attack some sort of note when editing, so anyone who comes in after you knows why you put something there?

Because I'm going to go in and change the "just check out a page about a dead game from 20 years ago" stuff to just putting in the gameplay and terminology, even though that makes the page a bit longer

"Samurai" have a code, that doesn't mean the code is "go up to someone and get in their face asking to be shot" - those goons weren't samurai, weren't executives and they weren't Jinteki, so respect or treating the with honour isn't necessary.

She may be a girl but she's also a g-mod, so she could be all sorts of supersoldier bullshit

I think you can create a discussion topic so anyone is aware of the changes and why.

You could mention that in the changes summary?

Otherwise, maybe have a placeholder paragraph until the renovations are all done perhaps?

And I daresay 'proper' samurai, from a lol-traditional zaibatsu, would cringe at that sort of behaviour, what with being a mockery of bushido and all. Gotta have *some* standards even vs filthy peasants.

>create a discussion topic
>changes summary?
Right, thanks.

I think the traditional corporate samurai generally go the way of actual samurai - they have a code and standards and all that jazz... but they're totally willing to ignore it when shit really starts going down and the gloves come off

>tfw Jinteki.net is down

Which reminds me, deleting the part about j-net was kinda out there.
Imma add that back after lunch

Well, yeah I guess they are only too happy to go loud(er) when their master commands it, but even that would be more like a 'proper' kill team rather then going all sneaky like.

Also, you could mention possible fan-made play modes (like onesies) as alternative ways to have fun.

It's just me or the Shaper description feels totally wrong? From the first sentence to the last it feels like it's describing anarchs.
Going back to the Shaper description in the rulebook, the Shapers are motivated by curiosity and pride. Self-improvement is the key word here. I have no idea how he gets from that to "doing it for fun". Although I guess certain depictions of Chaos Theory and Smoke don't help.

And btw, I have no idea what the "Voltron" faction means. A reference to pokemon tcg? or is it more magic?

Eh, shapers do it for fun, but more often they do it for knowledge (so the Slaanesh bit is right out)

Not sure I'd agree with "bioroid Jesus" either

You can kind of tell they were an oldfag, even if the constant "just know about a dead game from twenty years ago already, geez" didn't tip you off - it was a show where robots combined to form a big robot - that's my full extent of my knowledge of it, I've never seen it, but I have a rough knowledge of the name.

Presumably they mean "everything coming together", the way shapers rig-build

Some faggot's been adding Zs in where they should rightfully be Ss.

I'm onto you, Burger.

Shit, tell a lie, it's been revived/rebooted/had spin-offs made from it a few times, including this year.

Still not good if you're not an /m/ fan though

I know.
Also "specialty", and various other burgerisms, but I'm not so petty as to start an edit war on that

I wouldn't call it "for fun", more like self-satisfaction. The feeling you get when all pieces of a puzzle you've put together actually work, there is a deep sense of pride attached to that feeling, and it wouldn't be there if it were just for fun, although they themselves might tell you that what they do is fun. It's a bit like playing Dwarf Fortress or using nodejs.

They are arguably doing things for 'perfection' just like many an artist with unhealthy tendencies. Nothing else matters.

Just as Slaanesh prefers it.

Although technically Tzeentch can be their patron god as well, if not already taken up by some Anarchs (like that fella who is really into conspiracies).

Pride is for chumps.

Yeah, like shapers

Just jumping in and not really keeping track of everything, but

Neither Exile nor Jesminder fit these though. If anything the thing that Shaper IDs have in common is their goals are usually idealistic, compared to Criminals materialism and Anarch's antagonism (berate me if I'm using these terms wrong).

We actually don't know enough of Exile to say one thing or another. What I do know is that I have a cousin that likes to take spare parts of machines to build new machines, which I think it's what Exile does, and I think it's pretty Shapery. Again, self-improvement, self-satisfaction, curiosity, and pride.

I have no excuse for Jesminder though, even her ability doesn't feel particularly Shapery. To be honest she came in a weird cycle aswell. She certainly doesn't fit anarchs or criminals, and idealism and love for her sister are probably her most notable traits.

She's so obsessed with the same ideology as her dear sister, who know what she did to make sure its a reality? She certainly doesn't give a shit what it would do to the plebs, but she's prob a high caste, and everyone know how they see lower caste plebs.

Sacrificing said dear sister is not beyond the realms of possibility.

I wish Smoke were anarch. The real anarch stealth Runner.

Going by Motivation, whatever Exile's goals are probably has something to do with his past, perhaps to avoid repeating the same mistakes, which would fit under self-improvement. Jesminder's desire to help her sister could fit under self-satisfaction. If you need a single catch-all term though, idealism still seems a good fit, unless I'm misusing that word.

At the very least it looks more like she's working behind the scenes against any targeted efforts at her sister going from the Kala Ghoda insert, so while there's no way to know if she did anything bad to further her sister's campaign, it's likely that her efforts are mostly defensive in nature (supported by her ability to avoid tags and using her console to nope stuff like Scorched Earth to the bottom of the deck).

>but she's prob a high caste
Nah, she's adopted, though the other two Sareens probably were high caste (in theory I think it was abolished, somewhere it said "there are now only two castes, human and android" - though that may have been "clone", to drive the point even further)

Given the high-stakes nature of politics, it is not something anyone involved to come out clean, especially if they want to win in said politics.

If anything, her ability to avoid tags is offensive in nature, especially when many tag-based events (the siphons and vamp in particular) are brutal attack options. Someone gotta kick down those poor kids worried about their parent's (and their future) jobs.

She's also not the sibling responsible for Sareen's death see and pic related

Though I imagine they both profited from it

Depends on how you want to see it I suppose, while you could say that a siphon is a direct attack against the corp opposing Akshara, you could also see it as disrupting their financial stability enough that they wouldn't be able launch a Black Ops operation against a beloved sister.

Jes looks pretty sad in The Price of Freedom. I don't approve of this smear campaign against her.

While we're discussing cards though, I wonder what's going on in Rigged Results.

Strange how that NBN-aligned fella seems to be the final winner in the end, although why he isn't neutral (or crim) is quite the question. Or how NBN benefits from that endgame?

Really a damn shame RR isn't a crim card.

Lukas bullshit

Well he is an Alliance card, so he's not a solid NBN man

Organised crime in India, especially Mumbai, has fairly strong ties to Bollywood, and that's clearly a big inspiration - there's even a big Indian gangster called Dawood Ibrahim

Give it to me straight anons: what's shit about this deck?

Bump

Probably economy, also those data mines for data mines sake, are you Chronos Protocol?

What'd you do about economy?

Also I forgot: PE. The Data Mines are in there for DM's sake.

Not enough ETRs means Adonis is going to get trashed quickly, which means no money, which means you can't rez Wall of Thorns/Tollbooth. Sentries are okay I guess? Plan seems to be mind games by the looks of it, RnD lock will probably murder you though.

Swapped out an Adonis for another MedRes Fund, and the Data Mines for a Viktor and an Enigma. Is that enough?

Maybe swap the Viktor for the 3rd Adonis and Akitaro for a 2nd Enigma, since he probably won't pop up reliably enough to be useful. You're vulnerable to Mimic and Yog, but you'll probably be ok otherwise, especially if you can rez (and they stay rezzed) your big ice. I hope you can fire off a Mushined AggSec, that would be great.

Here's something to help with choosing your ICE suite in the future, maybe it can give you some ideas.
thesatelliteuplink.blogspot.my/2014/02/shields-up-understanding-ice.html

ty, looking through the article now.

To what expansions do you have access? Core and Honor and Profit? I'm assuming because I see no Celebrity Gift nor Trick of Light in the deck.
Viktor is good taxing ICE, but it is no hard ETR. I'd go with Icewalls replacing those Wall of Static, and going with 2 Enigmas for cheap code gates.
Nevertheless, it's not like Viktor can't work, so you have some leeway there. A Runner clicking through a Viktor to find an ambush on the other end can die pretty fast to double Neural EMP.
There is no reason to overlook Inazuma, it can win you games in front of a Komainu if you have House of Knives scored, it can replace Neural Katana easily.
If you have access to Creation and Control, Cerebral Overwriter instead of AggSecretary.
I think you can cut some ambushes for economy, 1 Junebug 1 Akitaro for 2 PAD Campaigns.

About Neural Katana, in core I think the card is supposed to go with Chum for the kill, right? It increases the strength to 5 and do 3 extra net damage for a total of 6. I've never seen it work before, but the idea is there. Just like the Chummed Data Mine, although this I've seen it, but it's not enough for insta kill.

>Core and Honor and Profit?
Yep.

What's the gain in Ice Wall over Enigma? Inazuma can't win the game on its own, and swapping it out for NK seems to leave Ice dangerously thin. Truthfully I'd love to have it, but I'm finding cutting deck size difficult. Same with Chum.

Ice Wall over Wall of Static. 2 credit save on rez for a gearcheck. Advanceable if you need it to tax.
You say that about Inazuma but Data Mine is still there. NK on the other hand will be broken for 1 by a Mimic since it's the best icebreaker in the core set.

To be honest, I think Pup took Data Mine place in the deluxe for cheap facecheck ICE that can ping the runner for net damage, and while Pup can get pretty taxing, Data Mine does a single ping and goes away.

Are there many situations where the runner will have a breaker that can walk through IW but will get stumped by WoS?

>but Data Mine is still there.
I'd removed it.

Sadly, I am against players who've got all or most of the cards.

What an odd question. No, there aren't many situations like that. WoS is still taxing 2 credits, but if you want a taxing barrier there's no better than Ice Wall, which you can adjust. Maybe Quicksands since it boosts itself, or Eli 1.0, but those are not core/deluxe.

The quick answer is 'no', but I'll take the opportunity to mention that after deciding which kind of ice suite mentioned in you'd like to go for, you can then choose your ICE by comparing them to a certain baseline, which is by looking at how efficient common icebreakers can break through them. As a general rule, is taxing.

For Code Gates, look at Yog.0 and Gordian Blade.

For Barriers, look at Inti, Corroder, and Paperclip.

Sentry breakers can be more erratic, but you'll usually see Mimic and Mongoose, or from the core set, Ninja.

Here we're trying to choose between Ice Wall and Wall of Static. As the previous user said, Ice Wall only 1 to rez, and Corroder can break it for only 1 credit, which means it doesn't hurt the runner's bank as much. Meanwhile, Wall of Static is 3 to rez, and 2 to break with Corroder. Both of these completely stop the runner until they find a breaker to get through it, but Ice Wall has the benefit of being advanceable, which lets you raise the cost for breaking it. At 5 strength, it costs Corroder 4 to break.

So Ice Wall definitely looks like the ice to pick. However, you must also consider if you can spare the influence cost and deck slots, as well as the fact you need to spend a click and a credit to advance it to higher strength.

These considerations is also why I suggested the second Enigma over Viktor 1.0. Both are 3 to rez, and while both are in Yog range, Viktor costs more for Gordian. However, Viktor also costs 2 influence, and the runner can click through it if needed instead of paying, which means the server is less safe. But, the other user is right that if they click through a Viktor and run into an Ambush, they might just die from it.

So yeah, picking your ice suite is a balancing act in efficiency and purpose, and can be a fun puzzle once you get the hang of it.

I'm sad she will rotate out.

She'll forever be watching over us.

We can hope, since the threat of a Core 2.0 hasn't completely vanished yet.

Come on, they can't get Scorched Earth out. No card define a faction as much as it defines Weyland.

>Weyland is defined as being a influence tax on NBN

"No card defines a faction as much" doesn't imply the card single-handedly defines all of the faction.

>when a well-timed Levy wins you the game

>as the corp

You're going to have to explain that one.

You tease.

Maybe he had to Levy his clot and all his SMC/CC and couldn't get any out in time to stop the FA?

>inb4 a much more brutal v2 makes her grand appearance

>trips
>number of death
Confirmed for nuking the opponent's house (and hometown).

Left with not enough money to get in the server I think?

>in a special appearance, Ms Mills appeared in a snazzy white dress-suit to express her deep regrets on behalf of the Weyland Consortium of the unfortunate unplanned demolition of a significant part of Nihonjin (...)

White being the traditional color of death of course.

I thought black was for mourning and funerals while white was for purity and marriage ceremonies though?

Nah, traditional Asia color of death/funerals has always been white. Any 'proper' weeb should know this.

Anyone wanna give me some tips on my corp deck? I don't have access to a lot of cards physically, so I'm only working with what I have. This is what I've got right now.

NEXT Design Guarding the Net
12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny
Agenda Agenda (9)

3x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Director Haas' Pet Project
1x Efficiency Committee
1x Global Food Initiative ●
3x Priority Requisition
Asset Asset (4)

3x Adonis Campaign
1x Cerebral Overwriter
Operation Operation (14)

2x Archived Memories
3x Bioroid Efficiency Research
3x Biotic Labor
3x Hedge Fund
3x Successful Demonstration
Barrier Barrier (9)

3x Heimdall 1.0
3x Heimdall 2.0
3x Ice Wall ●●●
Code Gate Code Gate (10)

3x Enigma
3x Viktor 1.0
2x Wendigo ●●●●
2x Wormhole ●●●●
Sentry Sentry (3)

3x Ichi 2.0

I have 1 core, order and chaos, creation and control, upstalk, and first contact.

Checked, and you're right, black is usually west side. Funny it never occurred to me despite living here.

Biotic Labor seems at odds with what you want to do, which seems to be free rezzes and scoring behind deep ice. Maybe cut those for more economy, and some of the barriers and code gates for a couple of sentries? Why Wendigo, by the way? Odd choice when the runner can click through most of your ice. Look for a backup plan when nothing goes your way (no free rezzes, poor, etc.).

its funny you mention those two cards, I had played a few games with it on jinteki and cycled out a couple cards that i didnt seem to be using, and then decided to try those two out as they weren't originally in it. the biotic labor i thought might be interesting since with the money, i can score some of those beta tests right away, though I'd probably run into the problem of running out of credits. the wendigo I just thought I'd try cause I had the influence, and figured i'd give it a shot. haven't tested it yet so I dunno if it'll work out. I'd love any suggestions...primarily for econ cards. I'm not sure what else to really put in simply because I don't have a ton of options

For economy, PAD Campaigns are reliable as usual, or Server Diagnostics if you feel ballsy. You have the option of going silly by putting The Root in, though that could mean less ice. Eliza's can get some free rezzes in though you give up surprises, or you could go for credits with Melange.

For ice, Lotus Field is nice against Sucker decks, and NEXT Silver actually combos with Mother Goddess. IQ is pretty cheap to rez while you don't have many cards in hand. Tollbooth makes for a nice free rez target too, as is Archer.

Oh, one more piece of silliness: Precognition to ensure ABT always fires correctly.

>Precognition

Part of me wants to say it's a card that was hurt by Jackson coming into being, but then it's not as if the card was hardly ever played before his release anyway.

Yeah, overdrawing and shuffling cards in later is definitely a better solution over uncertain mind games with RnD. Would be neat if rigging RnD turns into Jinteki's method of dealing with agenda flood, though I guess there's Mushin - Allele plays now..

I played a HB Precognition deck in my Nationals, and I really like the card. Beyond the ABT combo, it also protects RnD: leave a non agenda card on top and a 3/2 as the next one, next turn click 1 draw, Biotic, Biotic, fast advance it out.

Bingo.

He Levy'd, removing the SMC he could Clone Chip from archives. I assume he had clot somewhere in the deck

I had an Atlas token and was on 6 points (he took way too long getting all his stuff out, despite being Hayley), so when he Levy'd and didn't put down an SMC it was all over.

Damn rare that an Argus deck wins by points

Reminder best girl is coming to wreck your meta.

Such a *terrible* shame she won't be out in time for Worlds.

Yeah, that's usually the case when anyone loses even after a Levy.

Been, playing it a lot in my decks made to play against non-competitive players that just forgo the use of Howard, and quite frankly I like it every time.

One well timed can mean the game.

While its nice if you can pull that off, its hard to make the most out of it outside ABT priming, and 3 inf is kinda steep if you have more then 1.

I think the 3 influence is what saddens me the most about Precog. Too expensive and with limited use to splash out of faction, and in faction Jinteki has better things to do than caring what comes up first in a commonly spiky RnD. Could've been pretty fun otherwise, like a non-Power Shutdown AD deck for example.

Yeah, 3 influence is definitely a mouthful. In core I would love it to use it to deep dig for Weyland combo pieces. But that really was an unaffordable luxury. Even more so now the factions has better options.

In some slower Jinteki decks though? I still like it really.

this imagery is crazy.
The card is pretty weird though, it fires ONCE and if the tax is paid, goes away.

>it fires ONCE and if the tax is paid, goes away
Yeah, but in the times before the rampant runner econ of today the 2 tax might have been the difference between a steal or a whiff, especially with something like NAPD

Ah jeez, she's going to be so annoying.

At least remind people Mercur only gets added to during runs - you can spend them however and whenever, but only during a run will it top up.

It's still obscenely good

Character Assassination (or Corporate Town I guess) has never looked this good.

And still won't be played.

Gotta love Exile moping n the corner, totally uncaring d oblivious to what's happening.

I love Iain in it

I still want to try corp town, I just have no idea what sort of deck to put it in.

Also I really want Matt Zeilinger to put the art up, because holy shit, it's great - with the fake city projection as well

>love Iain in it

Has that Ominous "just has planned" vibe to himself.

>I just have no idea what sort of deck to put it in.

Liked it in Gagarin asset spam. Most decks can't afford to leave it on the table, but no one really wants to pay the 6 credits to access and trash.

Been thinking about going into some variation of that deck with Mumbad Virtual Tour on centrals (mostly because I don't know what to make of that one myself, but really want to play the card).

I play Corp Town in a Spark deck built around License Acquisition. It does some real work when you actually land it.

I like the sound of that.

It's slow, but it works pretty well. Haven't updated it in a while though.

Spark Agency: Worldswide Reach

Agenda (11)
1x 15 Minutes
1x Breaking News
3x Global Food Initiative ●●●
3x License Acquisition
3x Project Beale

Asset (12)
1x Adonis Campaign ●●
1x Corporate Town ●●
1x Ibrahim Salem
3x Jackson Howard
3x Launch Campaign
3x PAD Campaign

Upgrade (6)
2x Navi Mumbai City Grid
3x Product Placement
1x Red Herrings

Operation (4)
3x Sweeps Week
1x Targeted Marketing

Barrier (3)
1x Vanilla
2x Wraparound

Code Gate (7)
1x Enigma
1x Magnet ●
3x Pop-up Window
2x Tollbooth

Sentry (4)
2x Archer ●●●●
1x Assassin
1x Ichi 1.0 ●●

Other (2)
2x Special Offer

Looks nice. I think I'll try to modify it to suit me and give it a ride this week end. Thanks.

I played it in a GRNDL Rigshooter. To trash Adam directives, Gang Signs, and bait runs against a Marcus Batty server.

What does 'net mercur' mean? Is it short for something?

Keep in mind that you often win off over-scored Beales, scoring them for 2 agenda points only tends to work out if you draw several. You can still get the runner to fear your never-advance with Acquisition though.

>49940686

Most likely a reference to:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Mercur

Ah, beat me to it - it's a Pirate netcast, and the fact that she gets it out without being caught is why Smoke is stealth

Usually it's just about high-end gear (see again: stealth), but with the 23 seconds and what followed it's about Justice™