Things that piss you off about 40k (i.e. GW, the fan base, lack of quality WH40k films)

Things that piss you off about 40k (i.e. GW, the fan base, lack of quality WH40k films)

I personally hate how the salamanders are universally viewed as negro space marines, rather then space marines who have had their skin turn coal black due to their gene seed mutation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f96p-IhcZhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pUxcLvU1UnM
youtube.com/watch?v=ijFm6DxNVyI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its just an old meme (some) know that they are just super fucking burnt
Celestial Lions are the negro marines

I personally hate how the blood angels are universally viewed as vampire space marines, rather then space marines who have had developed literal thirst for blood due to their gene seed mutation.

They were originally painted with brown skin. The super duper cool awesome badass McGrimdark black skin was shitty newfluff.

You are a stupid sperg.

Kill yourself.

I personally hate how the Black Dragons are universally viewed as scalie space marines, rather then space marines who have powers like wolverine from the X-men due to their gene seed mutation.

????

I personally hate how the angels sanguine are universally viewed as vampire space marines with super scary faces that they have to hide under a hood, rather then space marines who have had developed literal thirst for blood due to their gene seed mutation and have super scary faces that they have to hide under a hood.

I personally hate how 40k is viewed as the source of all sci-fi, rather than a cheap melding together of dune and star wars due to GW's complete lack of originality mutation.

I personally hate how the Ultramarines are universally viewed as mary sue space marines, rather then space marines who are the emperors finest due to the codex astartes.

WE WUZ SPESS MUHRENS N SHIET

>I am a plebe with plebe taste

shiiiiiet what's wrong with his face

He's having a heart attack.

Rather be a plep then a guy who can only cum while watchimg interracial gangbangs. You raging cuckoo bird

We wuz in the jungle en shiet?

Awww yeah nigga. We be servin in dem jungles n shiet

Now im picturing this entire scene as a commissar is meeting with black catachans

youtube.com/watch?v=f96p-IhcZhQ

I think what irritates me is that one section of the fanbase with a high tolerance for shit. They'll accept low quality crap just because it's Warhams, and worse, they'll defend it. You see it especially in vidya:

>game previews are released
>fanspergs get hyped
>grogs say "it'll be shit"
>fanspergs huff and tell them to shut up
>full game eventually released
>it's objectively mediocre, at best
>cutscenes are cringy as fuck
>lore ignored everywhere
>fanspergs declare it 100/10, best game ever
>non-Warhammer fans say that it's a crappy game with a popular IP
>grogs say it doesn't even do Warhams right
>fanspergs spout the usual /v/ retorts
>two years later, the dying playerbase consists of a few dozen remaining fanspergs bitterly hating on cawadoody for being more popular

Next level shitposting.

>When people who've never played the table top or read any of the lore, knowing about it only through video games, call for a warhammer 40k movie

It's just gonna end up as shit, do nothing but hurt GW financially and ruin a lot of the lore for people who actually have a passion for it. Only 12 year old faggots who watch jewtube all day advocate for a 40k movie.

The fact that if and when the Horus Heresy series is adapted in to movie or videogame form it will invariably suck

I actually prefer girl-on-girl. I'm progressive that way.

Thats bullshit, id love to see an Aeon Flux style animated show

At least not all 40k video games suck. Space Marine was pretty good and Deathwing looks alright. Also the failure that is Eternal Crusade could blamed more so on the company and stuff that was going on at the time.

>Now im picturing this entire scene as a commissar is meeting with black catachans

In the Bastion Wars omnibus, there is a story about a group of Cadians getting a new Commissar, and them being extremely mistrustful and unnerved by him. The Commissar assumes it's because he's a Commissar and the unit is relatively veteran and therefore have close bonds, but in reality it's actually because none of the Cadians had ever seen somebody with dark skin before in their lives and found it unsettling.

>
I personally hate how the salamanders are universally viewed as negro space marines, rather then space marines who have had their skin turn coal black due to their gene seed mutation.

Not 40k's fault people are ignorant. Even the latest BL novels describe Salamanders with glowing red eyes and jetblack skin.

you can say Eternal Crusade, user.

People who care about the Imperium and it's fluff at the eclusion of the other factions.
I get that it's GW's cashcow, but it's what some of you only ever talk about.

I've been so overexposed to "was X primarch right?" or "Why is the Emperor the strongest thing in the setting? that I would find a discussion about why Slaanesh is pink more riveting

Lol
This sounds like my commissar in only war.

no girl marines
I get that it's kind of a nitpicky thing, but for me it mostly highlights how GW was so unwilling to pay for a few more sets of molds that they had to make a bullshit reason for there being no female astartes.

Blame the Horus heresy for this one

>Celestial Lions are the negro marines

Is this a joke about incredibly accurate "Ork" snipers or is it legit?

they do have a heavy African theme to them

ADB made them black in his novel. I don't like the novel much because Grimaldus is real fuckin' whiny for a veteran reclusiarch.

Flamethrowers.

No it was in adb first novel Cadian Blood which was part of the guard series with a focus on one major known regiment at a time
There was also books about tallarns grimlock rifles and a tank crew valhallans vostroyans (drunk Russian scum) etc

ADB made him really whiny in Helsreach too
>BUT CHAPTER MASTER I DUN WANNA GO DOWN THERE
>NO CHAPTER MASTER, I DUN CARE THAT EVERYONE IS WATCHING AND CAN HEAR ME! I DUN WANNA! I DUN WANNA!

Constant retcons. Sometimes it feels like there's more retcons than there is genuinely new fluff. And when BL writes a novel about an established event, it's a given there's going to be retcons in there.

Though on that last one I don't know how much of it is retcons, and how much of it is authors just got giving a shit. The fact that there were Razorbacks in Throneworld, and Centurions in Shadows of Ullanor makes a lie of any notion that BL has fluff fact checkers.

It's not ADB without Space Marine angst and waifus, lad.

what game are you even talking about?

can't be Space Marine because that came out 5 years ago.

I honestly prefer people who don't know shit about the lore than people that do, because "The Lore" is such a hot steaming mess of shit that's been changed over the years.

Anyone who says they are more accurate about "the lore" is just some cunt who has a headcanon stuck on some part of the history that shits on everything that isn't exactly like their preferences.

I remember Hair Squiqs and Rokkas, when Orks were still somehow more space Germans than the joke they are on the tabletop now. Half-Eldar Inquisitors. When people had fun instead of insisting "Muh Grimdark" had to be taken seriously. When videogames had Orks be the badguys, and NOT get upstaged by Chaos/'Nids

Fuck your "lore".

Octavia is a mutant and a heretic.

Your waifu is impure.

>When videogames had Orks be the badguys, and NOT get upstaged by Chaos/'Nids
But if the Orkz aren't getting upstaged by Chaos or Nids at the end, who are they being upstaged by? Necrons?

Largely the sperg fanbase that thinks their emperor is better than everything else.

Also, GW's lore department sucks more than Bethesda's Fallout writers.

I miss the days of beakies going on raids to enslave uppity squats and Guardsmen working together with Apothacaries to save the life of an Astartes.

>who are they being upstaged by?
No one. Final Liberation was fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=pUxcLvU1UnM

>No one
That just don't make no sense

Honestly, you don't need more than two factions in any given fight. That's why the Imperial Armor books are usually a step above the standard 40k video game story.

This, there are few conflicts more entertaining than straight up 1v1 campaign like Orks vs IG.

There's no need to always hamfist Chaos into an event.

I like most people can't understand why GW overprices there minis as much as they do. Also what the fuck did they do to piss off fantasy flight? RIP conquest

He looks like a Primordial Serpent.

I hate that the only way the GW authors know how to make a faction seem cool, is to have it beat another faction at its own game. Currently, every faction is locked in a state of quantum retardation, where they are simultaneously hyper-competent and hyper-retarded.

Would it really be so fucking bad to highlight every faction's strengths and acknowledge their weaknesses?

Oh, and this fucking trend of making everyone and everything immune to the warp is just complete shit.

I can't even look my Doomrider figure in the eye anymore.

>are universally viewed as negro space marines

They were like 10 years ago. At this point everyone knows they have obsidian black skin with red eyes.

>Oh, and this fucking trend of making everyone and everything immune to the warp is just complete shit.

Nobody is immune to the Warp.

I hate how the HH novels/short stories turned the Alpha Legion from being my favorite Chaos legion into a shitty meme faction.
I want my old 3,5 Ed. fluff back.

>a state of quantum retardation, where they are simultaneously hyper-competent and hyper-retarded.
How long before the who setting suffers a vacuum collapse into common sense?
youtube.com/watch?v=ijFm6DxNVyI

Oh Space Marine counts. It's actually quite fun, but yes, the cutscenes are cringey as hell. Same goes for DoW.

I was thinking more recently about BFG, Man of War and Mordheim. Those Armageddon games too, come to think of it. None of them are terrible as such, just bleh.

I kinda feel that's more because both Orks and Chaos are factions the writers feel they have to include to be properly 40k, what with the Imperium vs Chaos being its whole thing and Orks...well, being Orks. If you have to use both, I guess they feel it makes more sense for Chaos to come second since it's more plausible for them to be sneaky gits and hence only be exposed later, and to also have some big elaborate plot to provide endgame plot. Don't get me wrong I could totally go for a game with Ork-focused endgame, something baller as fuck with, I dunno, a gargant or stompas or something and a properly huge warboss, but I can see why.

Also to be more specific, I can see DoW's faction clusterfucks and chaos in Space Marine being there for multiplayer - lets you be somewhat familiar with more than two faction's shit for DoW, and CSM let SM's multiplayer be of two mostly equivalent sides.

Holy fuck this. Vidya too - the Alpha Legion in DoW are all even more retarded than World Eaters, and in SM that gloating Lord who failed to finish off the Ultrasmurfs multiple times when they were at his mercy still makes me mad.

Oh wait you're just a triggered /pol/faggot

The weird thing is that there is nothing african about the Salamanders.

They're all Greeks for fuck's sake.

THEN HAVE A PROMETHEAN CULT

Sanctus Reach was still fun, even if Chaos Daemons got summoned by accident in the end.

Stupid motherfucker Nocturnians are mostly black, just because you hate black people doesn't change that the Salamanders were black before fuckwits like you got GW to caucasian their features up. Go choke on Ultramarine dick.

>when they were at his mercy
That chaplain was a badass who ate bloodthirsters for breakfast. The forces of chaos were at HIS mercy, not the other way around.

>DoW
>Cringey

You are what's wrong with the world.

Honestly. I fucking despise the player base. I'm am physically fit, clean with good hygiene and not socially retarded.

I have never met people so utterly pathetic and feminine. Sure there are one or two alright people but the rest must get all their information from tumblr. They are pozed gag hits who enjoy their own emasculation. I find it embarrassing to be in their company.

Yet what you do is the same kind of thing, only in reverse. You get angry at people who do the modern 40k with grimdarYet what you do is the same kind of thing, only in reverse. You get angry at people who do the modern 40k with grimdarkness turned up to eleven, while they have enough of oldfags telling them how oldhammer with it's humour and 80s metal theme was better.

To each his own user.kness turned up to eleven, while they have enough of oldfags telling them how oldhammer with it's humour and 80s metal theme was better.

To each his own user.

Jesus I messed up this post so much it hurts.

SPESS MEHREENS LMAO

TAKE AWAY THEIR METAL BAWKSES EBIN MEMES BRO

ONE HUNDRED.... SNRK... BEHNBLAAADES

This. Salamanders as Nigga Marines is much better anyway honestly, there should be at least one major chapter of darkies for variety's sake. Helps separate them from being "Dark Angels, but with lots of flamers".

blood ravens have the better solution

If a marine's black, he's black. There's no "nigga planet" and "nigga chapter". And even before that, thanks to the Melanchromic Organ, literally any space marine can be white or black (raven guard, night lords and salamanders aside).

Also also, most space marines wear helmets anyways, so their ethnicity is completely up to you.

Don't make it look like that dead rotting meme extends to all other DoW games. First Dawn of War cutscenes were so deep that it sends chills down my spine even today, when I rewatch if for , like, the 5th time.

Watch Tarkus betrayal speech from DoWII : Chaos Rising.

>"What power could be worth betraying us all?" >"The power to save you."

Not a fan of Negroids, OP?

>First Dawn of War cutscenes were so deep

You what?

>newfluff
The post your outdated fluff nigger.

>inb4 rogue trader or 1st-2nd editions

If evereything that came after those is new fluff for you i recommend curing your autism through suicide

DEEPEST LORE BRO

Sindri Myr dialogues and monologues? Gabe's reveal about Cyrene? Isador's betrayal? Jeez people, let me "You what" you in return!

i give you the age of the game, nostalgia and what i assume was your age back then.
For an adult, none of these things is "deep".

>Raven Guard gets black dude
>he becomes white
Fuhrer would be proud.

Alright, but still, I don't see how good voice acting and good lines are "cringey". After all Dawn of War 1 was what brought me, and many, many other people into 40k universe and I doubt they'd fall for something that was badly done.

Also, Space Marine's cutscenes were cool for the most part, at times it felt like watching a decent movie. A bit corny at times, yes, but if you don't like a little hint of corny here and there, then why are you even into 40k then?

The fact that tau are the fucking good guys. Sure maaaybe they sterilize some of their ally races but every other faction would treat them far worse.
There's some shit about the tau being mind controlled but honestly who gives a fuck because the end result is favorable for them even as individuals.
On top of that their technology is some of the best and it's constantly advancing, they can out innovate the tyranids, they have the best tactics (the only faction who isn't totally retarded) chaos isnt interested in them, they can't lose in a meaningful way because their Empires is too small.
Worst of all they attract the weeb audience.

It kinda shits on the idea that "the imperium is doing horrible things but mostly because it's the only way to survive"

>After all Dawn of War 1 was what brought me, and many, many other people into 40k universe and I doubt they'd fall for something that was badly done.

The game wasn't bad. It was a very good looking and mechanically well done rts. (and still is, even the graphics are somewhat acceptable at this day).

Its just the lore it presented wasn't really good. For you (and all the others), without knowing older 40k texts or games at the point you encountered DoW it looked great and i get that. But thats Nostalgia.

For me, a fan of the Index Astartes article about the Alpha Legion, DoW 1 (and the usage of the AL as generic chaos villians) was a slap in the face. I hated the Singleplayer campaign.

I still liked DoW, but because of the gameplay and its mods/addons. Its being 40k was a nice bonus too, but i didn't think the lore/story the game presented was anything more than mediocre and certainly nothing i didn't already know from novels.

GW won't fucking advance the plot.

Also the models are too expensive.

This. All of this.

They call it "loose canon". I'd actually respect them a whole lot more if they'd just be honest and say "No, we don't actually give a fuck about consistency, and fuck you for thinking otherwise".

>The fact that there were Razorbacks in Throneworld, and Centurions in Shadows of Ullanor makes a lie of any notion that BL has fluff fact checkers.

It's not just Black Library, either. Even Forgeworld does this. The older fluff made a point of saying that the Leman Russ was developed during the years after the Heresy - and what does Forgeworld do? "Pre-Heresy Leman Russ varieties, wot!"

Though to be fair, they've been doing this since Imperial Armour 1. I'm still bummed about it, though. I was really looking forward to some sweet new pre-Heresy or Heresy-exclusive tank designs.

>guy in the lower left corner

holy shit , I had no idea Terry Crews was a w40k fan

>pozed

And you're a cult member.

The coal-black thing is a 5th edition retcon. It's not *that* old.

>"i recommend curing your autism"
>not realizing how autistic getting huffy about muh updated fluff is

I can't find the picture, but the reason the Salamanders are black is because of a guy on the US Tournament scene, think his surname was Johnson or something. There was a clipping of him in White Dwarf with his army.

>viewed as negroes
Literally who does this? Everyone knows at least that small part of lore behind them. There exists like 1 piece of artwork where a sally looks like a negro (a scout biker complete with dreadlocks, look it up) but all the other fucking Salamanders look like a caucasians with coal black skins. Where does this negro meme even come from? I think it's a really cool characteristic you know like not being a stupid nigger while still having a natural protection from solar deathrays

No more variation of IG regementets that you can buy in the store.
No quailty wh40k films.
No IG vidya.

why the fuck would you care about something so meaningless. you people are so fucking sensitive.

Salamander Jenkins is the hero modern 40k needs, but not the hero it deserves.

>black skin makes you immune to skin cancer and over exposure to cosmic energy

Definitely the fan base. Everything else is minor annoyances

Honestly, I don't know why people get so worked up about Salamanders being black dudes. Marines chapters are stereotypical as fuck, why would it bother you if there was a black Marine chapter?

People who complain out gw not advancing the plot.
It's not meant to be a story, it's a static setting for us to insert our own shit into.
It's the entire fucking point.

Does anyone else cringe at the word 'waaagh'?

I really love everything else about the ork background. I like their jagged aesthetic, their comedy elements, their brutal sadism, the clans. I even manage to be OK with calling their leaders 'nobs'.

But I can't get over the waaagh. The fact that it's always spelled the same (or sometimes in ALL CAPS with some extra As, which is even worse). The obvious way that authors are required to put it into books with orks even if it doesn't fit the tone. There's just something about it which really irritates me.

>all white planets are ok
>all black planets would be a bad thing

k

That every Space Marine chapter needs their own codex. There's no reason the chapter-specific options can't be rolled into the vanilla Marines codex as special rules if you declare a chapter for your army.

I will admit that I'm a butthurt chaosfag who wants his own codex for at least each god's patron legions. If SM can get their own codexes for being more choppy, Khorne deserves one too.

I hate how Orks and Necrons can be touched by Chaos. Orks should be the kind of guys who always live the orky life no matter what and Necrons are fucking robots Chaos shouldn't be able to do shit to them. This whole Chaos wank since Fantasy is annoying in general it looks like GW is stuck in it's teenage edgy phase at least in 40k the Marine wank kinda balances it out but here comes another problem:

pretty much only Marines and CSM actually matter if the setting lost half of it's xeno races no one would even notice. Also IG should have more comics and books about them.