MARINELETS

MARINELETS

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN

With the plume the custode must be touching near 10' tall if the mahren is supposed to be close to 8'

Marines are 7', terminators are probably 7'5-8 and Custodes look about the size of terminators.

Marines average around 8 but can be as small as 7 and as big as 10 (chapter master of the iron snakes for example).

>Marines average around 8

k

>That old image from the 90's that has since been retconned by dozens of codice and novels

k

There's that picture of the Space Shark Terminator dude easily standing like 12+ feet tall

>retcon
>implying 40k has any kind of consistency

>chart begins at 1
fucking britbongs

You're forgetting to include the extra-thick base.

>has since been retconned
they recently used it, unchanged, in a contest to "win a space marine's height in miniatures"

7' is fine. Jes Goodwin is law.

They write their dates wrong, too.

lulz it totally does, but seriously

F
E I GH T
E
T A L L

Black dragons can be bigger due to their rapid bone growth. The chapter master was 10 ft tall without armour and had to have specially designed power armour due to the size. Now that is a monster if you ever saw one

>There are autists on Veeky Forums who would have you believe that 40k has a set canon that GW follows.

Marine: 7ft
Custodes: 9ft
Primarch: 10ft
Magnus: 12ft

>7' is fine. Jes Goodwin is law.
Then show us when GW stated that, otherwise it means nothing more than the half dozen examples of nine foot tall space marines. Besides Jes doesn't even own the IP, so his opinion doesn't matter.

is it bad i think that the people who like 7' marines are manlets and dont want the space marines to really make them feel short

marines should be minimum 8ft desu lads. custodes 10ft, primarchs 12

8ft is really pushing it for being practical.

>implying space marines need to fit into human sized buildings

user everything in 40k is fucking huge and overbuilt, and anything a space marine can't fit into, they can just vaporize or use a meltagun to access.

>8ft is really pushing it for being practical.
God-forbid something isn't realistically practical in a setting as realistic and grounded in reality as 40k.

THEY HAVE TO BE BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to grapple with xenos monsters they have to be pretty massive, what is practical? they can't fit through doors? lmao

Custodes hammers when?

It's just kinda pointless, 7ft for a marine frame is already massive.

Only a fanbase as autistic as the 40k fandom could make a big deal out of a single foot of height.

THEY HAVE TO BE REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG!!!!!!!!!! FUCK OFF KIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that foot make sa difference between "very tall but there are functional human beings out there that tall and of strong body" to "absolutely superhuman holy shit this is Robert Wadlow level but as massive and powerful as a goddamn bear on steroid".

Which is why I like the 8 feet idea. It fits the superhuman, larger than life aura of the guys.

>In the grim darkness of the far future, there are no doors

Makes them as tall as an abrams, which is pretty funny.

Big guys are best guys.

Yeah this. I can imagine heavily augmented drug-pumped meathead mercs and guys like Catachans being 7 foot or something. Basketball players today are that size.

40k is a beta power fantasy. Didn't you know?

Legions of buff mostly bald big men. Brothers in arms. Made by the super Big Man himself decked out in flowing locks and golden armour protected by the BIGGEST Big Men.
Commanders are BIGGER big men

Some Big Men went bad so you can have Big Man vs Big Man fights.

Woman are all second tier, even their soldiers are second class to the Big Men. As it should be.

Take Shaq, triple his mass, put him in power armour, dump a bucket of blood on it, give him a chainsword, and tell me he isn't tall enough.

>Don't talk to me or my son ever again

Seven feet isn't tall at all unless you come from a land of dwarves like England. I live in America, so seven feet tall individuals are neither surprising nor terribly intimidating. Marines that are seven foot tall don't look scary, just fucking fat.

He isn't tall enough.

basketball players are also built like stretch armstrong rather than a shaved bear

You win this round but the fight isn't over yet.

For You.

Magnus isn't naturally the tallest. He can make himself the tallest with biomancy, but in his "default" size he's smaller than Vulkan.

With their power armor, Space Marines are probably closer to 8 feet tall, and weigh several hundred pounds, yet move like they are light.

Imaging that mountain guy from your tv show moving around like he was 150 pounds and had professional counterstrike player reflexes. It'd be pretty intimidating.

>wearing armour
>not showing propper respect to your emperor by fighting bare chested

>Besides Jes doesn't even own the IP, so his opinion doesn't matter.
Literally almost everything you know and love about the 40k setting can be attributed to Jes Goodwin or people he worked very closely with in the early days who no longer work for the company, leaving him as one of the sole inheritors of the IP.

Regardless of who legally owns it, Jes is the mental, moral and spiritual owner of it now.

If he says Space Marines are 7ft, that's basically an immutable Law of the universe.

What he's done doesn't matter. The creator's word only matters if they actually own their own work, otherwise it's just another worthless opinion.

Bullshit.

Lol America is a country of manlets you barely break 6'

Shut up you stupid lying chode.

>can be attributed to Jes Goodwin
>literally who
By the way it's not John Blanche and Ian Miller.

>Jes Goodwin
>literally who
u wot

Anyways if we're being pedantic about it, Wil Rees is the guy who first started with the idea that marines should be 2big4u monstermen. Jes is just the guy who refined the design and put a number to it.

Welcome to neo-heresy, where shit's made up on the fly and the old fluff doesn't matter.

I seem to remember this going really badly for the custodes.

Christ, Heresy books are fucking garbage.

>u wot
It's not Blanche, not Chambers, not Pistley, so yes, literally who for Warhammer.

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

Guess we should use sanguinary nipple armor to model these guys.

Jes has had more influence on 40k's direction in the last thirty years than Priestley, Chambers and, wretch, Blanche, combined. The fact that you're starstruck by nerd celebrity really sets more about your stature than his.

I just realised.

Someone, somewhere is going to make these people into an army.

High gloss, loincloth wearing astartes with plumed helmets. And one fully armored commander.

>Woman are all second tier
Tell that to the lost primarch

The latest in a long line if "Heeeelarious" - "You're not as funny as you think you are" joke armies

Jes Goodwin can literally say "I am taking over X artistic design now" and GW will let him do it.

See: Dark Eldar, his baby. Andy Chambers gets cucked CONSTANTLY on Eldar by him.

It was about 5 custodes vs 40 something super-possessed.

Out of all the stupid moments in the HH books, that wasn't one of them.

Goodwin was working for GW before Chambers came aboard.

this is bait, right

whaaaaat?! No! Its a gay fantasy! Hairless, large, muscular dudes fighting against big muscular green dudes or against femboys...etc.

Pic related from GW HQ and also

use wrathmonger body from age of sigmar, put banana head on it, and boom, CUSTODES

Isn't counterproductive to get bigger and bigger soldiers? Besides being bigger targets, what are you going to do when you have to assault a bunker or a ship with tight corridors? That's without taking into account the increase in weight.

we're talking about super-human in super-power-armor, i don't think they really care about normal things like weight or getting shoot at

The most ancestral enemy of the space marines...is a bunch of stairs.

I don't care what this faggot says, I want to see it.

Spiritual liege you say?

Oh wow, one point of data. Meanwhile we have dozens of examples from the Black Library and even other charts of Space Marines being bigger, including the Regimental Standard which puts Space Marines at 7'6" on average and the Alexius model which is a nine foot tall giant.

Gee it's almost like Space Marine height is variable, and people who claim it's a specific number are retarded.

3 vs 11. And 7 Gal's died

Nigga da sounds homo as fuck. I bet you like kissing girls you fag.

Could it be that marines arent uniformly tall, and seven foot may just be the average?

not bad.

>Trying to use that as jsutification

I'm honestly surprised GW didn't make the marine 5 feet tall for that.

Also they better bring back this huge ass halberd/battleaxe for the Custodes

The real reason they killed off the squats, space marines can't fit down 4ft high hallways.

1)Win contest
2)Bring all your supporting evidence that space marines are 8ft tall
3)????
4)Profit

>Making all these waves

Wait, is that picture showing a possed marine killing a custodes!
I mean, sure possesed marines are supposed to be much stronger than regular marines, but in 40K they still get rekt on a regular basis by normal marines.

Also, if they're faring this badly against lesser daemons, how do they stop the daemons from breaking into the imperial palace for 10K years?Surely they would have lost too many men?

It's the cover from "The First Heretic"

you're thinking of the current possessed marines which are only a few steps above a normal one, but the ones in this book were the FIRST to be possessed and you can bet your last bolter clip that they were a lot more badass

Plus for the fighting it's the whole theme of wolves vs lions, there were 10 suped up possessed vs like 5 custodians, look at the ones on FW to get a better idea of scale

>Jes has had more influence on 40k's direction in the last thirty years than Priestley, Chambers and, wretch, Blanche, combined.
So it was he who made 40k the cancer of wargames.