Hey Veeky Forums, how would you play a light domain cleric?

Hey Veeky Forums, how would you play a light domain cleric?

With half the calories of a regular domain cleric.

haha, that was my first idea but i'm not all too familiar with dark souls and that dank meme

Like this.

I actually need help doing just that. My friend's dming a dark souls themed campaign and I'm playing a cleric.

Problem is, I've never played dark souls and am not up on those memes.

Anyone have any ideas for playing a light domain cleric in the dark souls universe?

look up dark souls youtubers, they are the source of many memes

Light domain you say?

i'm not animu i don't know what that is

A good mother who deals with friendly aliens.

This is my next character concept.

Lasers. All day every day.

Joshua Graham

>Joshua Graham
that actually sounds fucking awesome

Already did it as a pyromaniac pseudo-gish. The group wanted me to patch their booboos mid-combat, but I preferred to burn down all adversaries first and heal afterward.

fpbp
Think of a warrior of sunlight as a really very nice guy. Solaire is the only real interaction you get along those lines, and he's the only NPC Warrior of Sunlight (the golden sign) that you can summon. You should have your character be lonely, but determined. Like Solaire, you are in search of light in the world that seeks to snuff it out. You should be naive and helpful, selfless but not suicidal, all that fun stuff that makes you feel warm and gooey inside. That right there, my friend, is the meaning of "finding your own sun."

I'd call Solaire more of a Paladin, to be honest. Pic related is a real cleric. If you want to get the real DS cleric experience then kill somebody's waifu and avoid anybody named Patches.

By worshipping Lucifer.

Solaire is a fucking weirdo for starters. Like not just weird like most Dark Souls people, he's a crazy even by the standards of that unique brand of NPC madness.

But he's like, helpful crazy. He sticks his neck out for people even when they don't deserve it, even when his death is almost assured, and bants around the fire like you just had a beer instead of murdering a giant monster.

He's also HELLACIOUSLY strong. Not so much in gameplay, but in lore? Oh yeah. He easily makes it past obstacles that have put an end to dozens of legendary heroes journeys. Everywhere you go, you find he's already gotten there ahead of you, and on top of that, his gear specifies that he has no special powers at all. He did it all with nothing but his own strength and unshakable faith.

And then he goes crazy because he put a bug on his head. It's that kind of universe.

Yeah, but he was a douchebag.

I played a cleric of Amaunator (chosen at random, the original choice was Pelor but it was a FR game so w/e). I wasn't really sure what to do with him till I pretty much single handedly saved the party by stopping the wizard from being dragged off (he had the story mcguffin, basically balls of doom around his neck) and then killing the two trolls savaging the rest of the party with a fireball.

After that I played him as more of a hellfire Baptist then anything else, bringing the Light to the shadowed heathens and pew pew lazring things that even our wizard and warlock couldnt hit.

Show them the brilliance of Light, brother. Radiant damage ftw.

autistically...

come on mate this is Veeky Forums

Lively

Praise the burning hate!

The truth is all around you, plain to behold. The night is dark and full of terrors, the day bright and beautiful and full of hope. One is black, the other white. There is ice and there is fire. Hate and love. Bitter and sweet. Male and female. Pain and pleasure. Winter and summer. Evil and good. Death and life. Everywhere, opposites. Everywhere, the war.
There are two, Onion Knight. Not seven, not one, not a hundred or a thousand. Two! Do you think I crossed half the world to put yet another vain king on yet another empty throne? The war has been waged since time began, and before it is done, all men must choose where they will stand. On one side is R’hllor, the Lord of Light, the Heart of Fire, the God of Flame and Shadow. Against him stands the Great Other whose name may not be spoken, the Lord of Darkness, the Soul of Ice, the God of Night and Terror. Ours is not a choice between Baratheon and Lannister, between Greyjoy and Stark. It is death we choose, or life. Darkness, or light.
So tell me, Ser Davos Seaworth, and tell me truly - does your heart burn with the shining light of R’hllor? Or is it black and cold and full of worms?

With my heart full of love for all, user.

Love translates very well into lasers.

Thanks for the help, I was originally planning on playing a Joshua Graham type character. Now I realize that would be far off the mark

PRAISE PELOR