EDH / Commander General

Card we wish could be in an Old Border Edition

Previous thread RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmodius_and_Aristogeiton
magiccards.info/query?q=not:reprint a:guay&v=scan&s=edition
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CASCADE OGRE WHEN

First for reposts

First for faeries

UB usually is pretty _______

I'm still upset that I posted a fairly in depth thing about the noncombat oriented generals of Boros and only got an "nuh uh" in response.

Whatever.

Eh

Walker Plains best Plains

Shit

When's the last time Rebecce did art?

You should wear a trip if you want attention, it's guaranteed to work

>the non combat oriented generals of Boros

Generals? Plural?

Only brion is coming to mind

Predictable.

It just keeps going and going....

Didn't we get something new in FTV angels or was that a reprint?/

Why is this $50?

New art? One of the cards in FTV Angels, I believe.

>dies to removal

So cast her again, you mong. She costs 4 mana. You should have no shortage of haste from red, and white has plenty of equipment tutors for Boots and shit.

Mill.

Real Greeks were gay as he'll yo.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmodius_and_Aristogeiton

Lorwyn block I believe

That was a reprint

She did a reprint of Serra angel, it looks pretty nice

But that's not true, though. The only non-combat Boros commander that exist is Brion.

Serra Angel

The art wasn't new, it was only new as a normal sized card.

FTV: Angels, she did Both Akromas and Serra's Angel

Loooong time ago!

I hope people will get hype enough that they commission Guay again for Standard sets.

It was unreleased art, but done ages ago. Serra Angel. The last card Rebecca did was Regenerate in M10.

It's $50 because it's incredibly good and only had one print like 10 years ago

Kalemne becomes not worthy after literally the first death; for that cost, I could get Aurelia for pretty much the same effect, except she instantly comes out hasty.

>Both Akromas
Terese Nielsen did both Akromas.

Reminder that Lorwyn-Shadowmoor was the last truly good set for MTG art.

Card advantage!!!

Zendikar block was solid as well, but ymmv

The silent, lurking borosfags apreciate your assessment and defense of their most beloved Face-Sitting Overlord

Gisela works on all forms of damage, not just combat, including things like Pyrohemia and similar. Tajic's indestructibility lends itself to Stax, MLD and Obliterate.dec. Brion as mentioned before.

Depala doesn't do combat in an overt way and drawing mana rocks and utility dudes with her is a real thing.

The rest were a stretch.

>Fags
>Mixed race
>Group hug
>2/8
Is there any way this card could be more cancerous?

Is there anyway to view cards in chronological order?

Gatherer doesn't even have different printings of a card in chrono order, let alone different ones

only if you're getting back something that generates a lot of card advantage

Munda may be shit, but he doesn't technically have any abilities that are strictly tied to combat.

It could be ludevic

For your opponents, maybe

I still run it in one deck though, sometimes that utility is worth it

No its virtual card advantage by itself. Youre breaking my balls over this virtual card advantage you dense prick.

How long are you going to try and force this meme.

I'm glad you guys dislike him, because I ADORE this commander

Not even partnering.

It could be your post.

why

no its not virtual card advantage by itself, thats the point, it could be virtual card advantage but only if youre getting back something that generates a lot of virtual card advantage

like if youre getting back a wrath and they have a lot of creatures

She still comes down and kills someone before Aurelia hits the table, and by your logic, Aurelia is even worse once she dies.

Personally, I'd rather run Aurelia in Kalemne, and I do

Hey guys I'm pretty new to commander and magic in general, are the temples good for a 4 colour mana base like the current spoilers? The card advantage they give I think would be good but I'm not sure

magiccards.info/query?q=not:reprint a:guay&v=scan&s=edition

Not quite accurate, but pretty close.

Let's say I'm completely new to Commander and really like R/W tokens. What third color should I splash for maximum funtimes, and who should my commander be?

>not even partnering with his own magnum opus
Having a second commander is literal card advantage at no cost

Anyway yeah he's kinda cool. Would be fun to make a mad scientist deck with him. You still get to play some fun zombie shit like Rise from the Tides and whatever

If you want consistent draw, just play Keranos, Jori En, or Kraum. If you want to play politics, play Nin. There is literally no reason to play Ludevic, not even for partner, because Kraum has partner as well.

green is the 3rd color you should splash and marath should be your commander

... man, fuck you, I was literally about to type up a whole thing you memeloving asshat.

Virtual card advantage is still card advantage

the card advantage isnt as good as it is with them bounce lands

but then somebody strip mines you and negates all that card advantage

Go read an article or talk to a pro. Only an idiot can't see the inherent virtual card advantage of that card. Here, have some more virtual card advantage.

I don't think the original Zendikar can hold a candle to a lot of the art in Lorwyn-Shadowmoor, much less the artists therein. Tedin had the best art in the block with Emrakul, and he only did art on 4 cards total. Lorwyn-Shadowmoor is filled to the fucking brim with fantastic art

Temples are decent,

Fetches
OG Duals
Shocks
Pain
Shocks
Tap,
Temples
Filters

Hazezon, Gahiji, and Rith are all good Naya token commanders as well.

Queen Marchesa is good if you want to splash B.

It's okay user I'm only Shitposting

Green is the best for tokens, I would go with Gahiji for a commander so you can always make your dudes threatening and don't need to pack as many Anthem effects in your actual deck, and he's got less of a bad rep than Marath.

My first thought when I saw this was that it was manlove hug box. Super funny.
Really though I don't see the problem. Fits the color identity well enough: Nonblack? Without ambition or selfishness? It's not quite Ink-Treader in terms of philosophy, but a hugbox commander sounds about right to me.

And then immediately becomes irrelevant. Aurelia's ability allows you to play other stuff and make Aurelia worth it since she'll double your whole board.

I tried Kalemne for a month before just going back to Aurelia. It's just not worth a slot. I liked Anya better.

>are temples good?
yes
>good for 4c manabase
ehh...better than single basic lands but still slow and unreliable

>virtual card advantage
I know you're cruisin' for a rusin' but I'm going to strangle one of you fuckers, I swear

They're fine as a budget option, but I would not use the full six. Five fetches, three battles, and the three green temples is actually a decent starting point; ramp spells and mana dorks can get you the less important colors.

>caring

Are bounce lands good for card advantage?

You listed shocks twice, you forget checks/fasts, and filters should come after shocks.

Opt is virtual card advantage one its own, noxious revival is naturally card disadvantage but it can help in the overall card advantage game

Potentially UNLIMITED card advantage.

Too slow for my taste. Temple of the False God and Ancient Tomb are pretty good though.

yes, you can make the same amount of mana as if you had 1 more non-bounceland land, so that means 1 more spell in hand but same amount of mana

the trade off is slower mana and getting blown out by land destruction

You guys post garbage like this and then wonder why people hate /edh/ and leave. Remember the last mass shitposting-related exodus over the summer?

Virtual Card advantage is technically a thing; it's when a card of yours turns off a card of theirs for a period of time. Like, how Grand Abolisher stops their counterspell on your stuff.

how are we supposed to remember people leaving when everybody is anonymous?

Check out this 2-for-1 removal.

drastic changes in styles of postings can be sometimes noticed

That's not card advantage, that's tempo

Virtual card advantage is improving your hand or potential hand (ie your next draw) without necessarily effecting the number of cards in your hand

Can someone explain this card advantage meme to me?

Remember when the threads slowed WAY the fuck down and the IP count dropped dramatically? And post quality dropped like a fucking stone, just like it's doing now?

thats just one example of virtual card advantage, virtual card advantage is definitely a thing, its much more important than literal card advantage

virtual card advantage is one of the most important concepts in all of magic

That's not shitposting

Who likes coinflips?

It boils down to the retard that said that Scrying equals draw when you are actually not even putting cards into your hand.

is it doing that now? its spoiler season so i guess thats masking the effect but we've had an explosion of edh threads

I view posters as more of a conglomerate of different opinions rather than individuals. So it's kind of hard to notice a bunch of people leaving.

There's nothing to be gained from understanding the meme. It's just shitposting.

Person referred to Ponder and similar as Card Advantage, which is more or less how it is used in other games with MTG being more strict and calling it "Virtual Card Advantage" or "Card Selection" since you end up with the same amount of cards in hand.

>nonland permanents

no fun

some autists got into an argument like 4 threads ago about the definition of "card advantage" and now one of them is trying to force it into a meme

nobody said that scrying equals draw though

scrying can be future virtual card advantage if it works out, i.e. you really need a spell and you have no use for another land, you scry a land to the bottom, thats functionally equal to drawing a card

3/10

Some assbag was trying to argue that scry and looting effects were straight-up card advantage and it just went down the fucking toilet from there

You know what? Fuck it. I don't have an Oblivion Stone right now and Disk's come into play tapped pisses me off. I'll take it.

>hits planeswalkers
>by the time nev's disk would activate one, this activates twice for a 75% chance of being just as fast if not faster

Not bad desu

Source?

Filip is really close to flip

SCrying lets you put useless card on the bottom of your deck to increase the chances of drawing a relevant card. So its virtual card advantage, which is still real card advantage. Do you not see the card advantage in skywhalers shot?