What does Veeky Forums think about this new Custodes vehicle from FW?

What does Veeky Forums think about this new Custodes vehicle from FW?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P2rcZAUVzNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks good
Still waiting on the hover landraiders and rhinos for them as well though.

I don't understand why they gave it a Taudar aesthetic. It looks alright, just doesn't work. Radial, too.

Looks like a Star Wars Fighter Tank fucked a Sicaran.

Can't really see the Tau but it does look a bit Eldary. Probably a bit to smooth at the front.

how does a custodian fits in there?

i'd rather attach a turret to a dildo and call it the new custodes vehicle.

The aesthetic is fine, it's in line with Imperial tech at it's height, much of which was stolen from the Eldar.

It is a bit small though for a tank but 40k vehicles, especially SM vehicles tend to have a size issue

I think it's about damn time that Deodorant Tank made its way back into the limelight.

It's not fine, it's shit. Does it look like a Baneblade, one of the tanks from this time? NO. Does it look like old-school Landraiders and Rhinos which were even boxier back then? NO.

It looks like a radial Tau/Eldar fusion and definitely ISN'T Imperial in aesthetic.

At HH Weekender 2016 FW staff said:

A.) The Custodes would have a fleet of unique vehicles to them, not just rhinos and land raiders

B.) They would represent the absolute most advanced Imperial tech as the Emperor favors his personal guard

This.

I actually don't see why the Custodes need unique vehicles at all. Unique variant of existing vehicles.. fine, but entire new ones just for them? Thats just a move to make more money

>Thats just a move to make more money

Well, this is GW we're talking about.

Looks like ass.
>Yeah, let's just seperate the armor into two different compartments. That'll protect those custodes gud. And make sure we have exposed cooling vents instead of heat sinks. Truly, this is the pinnacle of humanity's achievement.
Absolute shit. No wonder the eldar look down on us, everything emps built besides the golden throne is just a chink knock-off of eldar stuff.

Looks beter than any plastic 40k Imperium vehicle.

Thats hardly an achievement though

Iirc the Emperor didn't even make the Golden Throne. He just found it.

maybe heat sinks are too heavy, so they decided to air-cool it

Every STC design was the most mundane shit produced, easy to manufacture by colonists. It's like saying why a Blackhawk does not look like a somalian technical.

Is this what the Forgeworldified deodorant tank looks like?

I totally agree on the Tau/Eldar aesthetic. Personally I think it's more Tau than Eldar... Seems to be in line with the Devilfish & Skyray. The Eldar stuff seems a little less blocky than Tau, though they are quite similar since both factions use hovertanks.

I like the design but it seems too lopsided for an Imperial craft, there's no mass towards the rear end of the vehicle, underneath and behind the turret. That signifies Tau/Eldar to me.

He built the Golden Throne on top of an eldar webway gate he found, yes.

He didn't "just find" the golden throne. He built that shit.

I rather like it. It looks like a heavy APC or an infantry support vehicle?

Nope, he found it buried in a desert in Asia.

Looks like two of these stapled together with a turret in the middle.

It's SHIT

Okay, it looks pretty good. But it's got barely any 40k character. It's the kind of thing you'd expect Infinity, or animu, to have.
Imperium shit is idiosyncratic -- this isn't. This is like a really well done Sigmarine. It's definitely a bad thing.

I want edgy angles like Battlefleet, damnit! Penis-bike style would've been fine. You want it to be ornate, not sleek and minimalist.
Two of those stapled together would have been "better".

>Thats just a move to make more money
Yeah mang that'd be a first from GW wouldn't it.

All it's really missing are big aquillas on the two sticky outy bits. Like the kind on custodes jetbikes.

Exactly.

Give it some distinct features to make it stand out from other Impy shit, but not to the point of not looking Impy at all. Hell, a sleek but battered eldar-style base with tonnes of Impy shit tacked on would be cool -- kinda like an Ork looted vehicle.

I must be going blind, cause for a second I thought I saw a blimp with a gun on top.

How do they fit in it?

>sdfhhhh
Is that the noise it makes when it flies past?

you're wrong to think it looks tau, it has the same structure as a falcon

I don't really like any of the Custodes models, especially the vehicles.

>it's the 40k is always baroque all the time meme

i trust you will find happiness in here:

Damn, these things look badass. I imagine enormous amount of unique vehicle and custodian equipment was just mothballed after the heresy since they don't leave Terra anymore.

It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine there is a fleet of jet bikes locked in stasis that has been untouched since the heresy.

>it's the AoS is for people I don't like agree with meme

maybe
instead?

You know, what with the SOB main convent being on Terra/Them having a strong history with the Custodes it wouldn't be a terrible way for GW to sell the vehicles for both 30k and 40k to go 'The SOB have some custodes tanks that don't see use any more'

Pfft, imagine that, right?

you will need to elevate the turret then.

Seriously though what is up with that guy's thumb.

Yeah, it doesn't look like advanced imperial tech at all.

>maybe heat sinks are too heavy, so they decided to air-cool it
How the fuck do you think heat sinks work?

Looks pretty good together with the other anti grav stuff from 30k.

I always thought this landspeeder looked too massive. It's practically a tank, already.

its mostly empty space, maybe

It's filled with helium, that's what makes it levitate.

Or the Glaive/Falchion/Fellblade, the Outrider bikes, all the Mechanicum things, etc. People often forgot how sleek early Imperial designs were. Basically it went from curved and sleek into boxy during the Crusade and Heresy.

it's still a floating dildo

I guess I'm okay with the Custodes having slimmer and more rounded vehicles. More remincent of a glory days Humanity.

What I'm fucking NOT okay with is a lack of skulls, aquilas and knightly heraldry plastered on top. I don't like 40k for it's sleek sci-fi aesthetic. I like it because it has gothic siege cathedrals in space covered in skulls.

Games Workshop vehicles are produced at 75% of their actual scale size. It's a holdover from the early years, even used to say it on the back of the box.

You're God damn retarded. The palace and throne are in Nottingham.

Shiny Heresy

youtube.com/watch?v=P2rcZAUVzNk

for those complaining about it no looking impiral, I personally think that 30k Imperium needs to look very different from 40k imperium anyway, it should look far and away more advanced, helps emphasize how much was lost

It was built back in the day when the AdMech wasn't the glorified tech support organisation that has no idea what they are doing that they are in 40k.

>it should look far and away more advanced
More curves and less straight edges /= more advanced

This. The Imperial Palace covers all of a GB, it's the Astronomicon which is in Asia; the Himalayas, specifically.

looks like a piece of shit.
a star wars fighter tank.

I want to see this drawn desu. Just a bunch of balloons under the bonnet.

I had no idea that desu was censored to be honest.

desu's never been censored newfag

You are retarded. Not that desu is censored, but desu changes into desu. Abbreviation of "to be honest" is.

not even Sempai could ever censor the desu

>You are retarded. Not that desu is censored, but desu changes into desu
No shit. You type four letters in, you get four letters out. Desu doesn't change.

Dildaran hover Tank.

Borring. Just HH tank but with jetbikes instead of tracks.